All Comments on 'No Anniversary'

by funperson969

Sort by:
  • 188 Comments (Page 2)
Happily_Married87Happily_Married875 months ago

Great story I enjoyed reading it.

PrincessNutNutPrincessNutNut5 months ago

I could suffer with longer stories from you.

The wham, bam, thank you ma'am story has its place, but slower and longer is nice too.

ibuguseribuguser5 months ago

Good story but the monolog was excruciating.

⭐⭐⭐⭐

Reader2021Reader20215 months ago

4 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Liked the story (…. Kind of….)

If Reality works this way…..

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Yep, she just wanted it all….

OOAAOOAA5 months ago

GREAT story!!!!! .... ufffffffffff almost......

Well done! 5 stars!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Denial no matter what. The trick at the end was not clear enough; nor was the forgiveness.

XluckyleeXluckylee5 months ago

Liked this story a lot. 5 stars from Xluckylee

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

It's funny how he spends most of their convo sticking to his principles and saying it's over. And then at the first glimpse of a bone being thrown, he comes back wagging his tail. It would have been good writing if it was intentional to portray MC as a closet cuck who just likes posturing to conceal his insecurities. But the story trying to convince us that they lived happily ever after, when it spent paragraphs detailing why that would be impossible if the slut stuck around, is just a disservice to its own characters. You just invalidated your MC's characterization and made the whole confrontation seem like empty words.

dgfergiedgfergie5 months ago

Did she really capitulate? Did his talking and bearing his soul really get thru to her? Who knows? Maybe he he did strike a note in her heart that got it to resonate again. A loving wife story with an RAAC ending? Not quite. My heart goes out and I hope so. Human nature is what it is, attraction, the thrill of a new relationship? Sex is all about the newnes and discovery, the climax is the end of that discovery. A man wants sex until after he get some, a fact of life. Some guys determine their status ny notches in their bedpost and I think some females do also. But the there are some of us males that the sex act is a bonding with a female that makes them as one, a marriage if you will. 5 stars

MightyHornyMightyHorny5 months ago

... I'm off two minds here:

• Contrary to what so people may actually believe, I do not root for marriage dissolution in every LW stories I read. So I'm (somehow...) happy to see Nelson and Brenda stay together...

• ... Too bad that godamn ending reeks of RAAC. I mean, really, the fuck did Been actually do to save her marriage here? So she reported Bradley... BIG FUCKING DEAL. Doing so BEFORE learning that he's an immoral philanderer that couldn't wait to destroy her marriage, now THAT would be worth something! Ain't no such thing as stepping up when that's the only move you got! Plus, less we forget how she reacted when her husband was about to propose an open marriages. You add to this all the lying, skimming, kissing... THAT's the person Nelson wants to spend the rest of his life with!? What a sucker...

So, YET AGAIN around here, an author forces on his readers a reconciliation without any true atonement or contrition. Let's be clear here: Brenda DID cheat on her husband, and, except for a crying fit, she suffered ZERO consequence for her actions. Which means that, more than likely, SHE'LL DO IT AGAIN - hell, why shouldn't she? The brazen woman actually GAINED out of the mess she willingly put herself in!

You know, I seriously wish the author didn't get lazy towards the end and, instead of the crappy 'happy-happy-joy-joy' conclusion he left us here, shows us this couple put in he work to get back on track. You know, like an actual couple would have done IRL. Hell, 'didn't even need to be much - just a throwaway line like "it wasn't easy, but, eventually, the light came back to her eyes when I walk back to her", just to at least acknowledge that shit went down here!

... Damn. Just writing all of these made me realize that I don't even like this story as much as I originally thought. Gotta take one more star off, then...

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I find myself pulling for them. I hope they make it. They both realize what they have to lose.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

It doesn’t matter if there was penetration or not. She was flirting, and spending unnecessary time with another man. She was engaged in dating behavior. She prioritized time with him over her husband.

Get rid of her!

ZK

PowersworderPowersworder5 months ago

I normally hate reconciliations with a fiery passion.

But this time, she just about managed to save the marriage by the skin of her ass.

It was a good story, but you forgot to mention how she spent most of the next six months on her knees sucking him off and begging for forgiveness.

xtc5xtc55 months ago

I liked the story even though after being adamant about the diverse he just took her back that fast. Also what were the pictures he had that would justify being used for blackmail? I might be nit picking, but those are the reasons I gave the story 4 stars instead of 5.

Storm113Storm1135 months ago

Finally a husband who's proactive! Gave his wife a chance to pull her head out of her ass.

LT56linebackerLT56linebacker5 months ago

I was going to pass on it, but I'm glad I didn't. a woman with brains AND looks. Just a little naive. The Bear likes it. 5 stars.

The BEAR

oldtwitoldtwit5 months ago

Oh that's a good one, full of thinking the way through it, not just sex, not just background.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

She knew she had failed and got into survival mode. What she had was a lot more than what she would have if she kept going. So throw the newby under the bus and regroup until next time, being more careful next time.

BlueEyd2BlueEyd25 months ago

It was too simple and too quick of a reconciliation. Didn't come across as genuine on his part. And why wouldn't it happen again? What is the reason(s) he should trust her again? And why is he so quick to overlook her betrayal. If he hadn't intervened she would have slept with her boss. She clearly indicated that she had feelings for both of them.

Ending was cute in trapping the boss, but overall the MC came across too weak. From this is not a negociation to a simple and easy one, with very little anger or angst.

Also, it seems like there was more than kissing if the boss felt he could blackmail her. That never got addressed.

CelestialFalconCelestialFalcon5 months ago

Nelson needs to demand to see the photos that Bradley has - or at least have Bren explain what's in them that Bradley could blackmail her with. If there's a blackmailable event, then Bren hasn't fully confessed to Nelson.

AnotherChapterAnotherChapter5 months ago

Better than average, but it left some rather critical unanswered questions, as others have noted. What’s on the pictures? Why did this happen? If it’s just because she got bored and he was a charming snake then the reconciliation was premature and ultimately fraught with ongoing trust issues and suspicion. She got caught, she didn’t even react truthfully then. She did not confess her disrespect and cheating, she was simply forced to eventually come clean. Not a good recipe for rehabilitation.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Sorry, I am much too proper and intelligent for a story such as this.

Too many holes to speak to; author is so undeservingly limited.

The bitch is toast, reconstitute that shit.

mattenwmattenw5 months ago

What pictures does he have of her that would make blackmail credible? Kiss? That's ridiculous! He took her back. But how quickly she goes from “in love with the boss” mode to recording a conversation and destroying the boss is beyond my comprehension. Still, you told a very good story! 5*!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

2 stars for unfinished story. Major plot holes leave the story unfinished.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

The long monologue by the husband falls flat; it doesn't "sound" like a real person talking. And the wife's reactions after she got busted are inconsistent with her professions of continuing love for hubby. She denies doing anything inappropriate with Bradley, then when hubby calls her on her lie, she expresses anger that he "invaded her privacy." She says she doesn't want a divorce, but looks hopeful when he says something that she takes as a suggestion that she could carry on an affair with his approval, even though hubby's words didn't suggest that at all.

She did resign, but honestly, notwithstanding all the "me too" hysteria of the last several years, the reality is that a star like Bradley at a major money management firm wouldn't lose his job over trying to seduce the wife. People in his position are making multi-millions of dollars a year, managing hundreds of millions or more in investments and making big bucks for his partners; he wouldn't get fired for a little unsuccessful seduction that she was all in favor of until she learned hubby had busted her.

3*** for an average quality story.

RimmerdalRimmerdal5 months ago

I was going to 5* this and stick it in favs.

Except he let her off the hook. Now she knows exactly how to get away with cheating and will do so.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

This dialogue wants for something. He confronts her she lies, jousts and parries with him. He knows she is all about herself and then he lets her turn the tables. Many times to journey is too tainted to forgive even when the results are positive.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Good story,he reacted right away to the situation. BUT what pictures did he have about what they did to use for blackmail?? Are readers to believe she was lying and did much more than what she admitted or he knew? Thats just one of few holes in a not quite finished story..still a story deserving credit as a good entertaining tale..4stars...JZK

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

This story could have been acceptable, even with the inherent restriction of dinner-table confrontation, if only there weren't the plot holes and errors. As one example, the wife is shocked and brought to tears twice, at the revelation that she isn't the only girlfriend. As it is, the obvious remedy would be a good editor who could ferret out all the kinks, and failing that, maybe diligent proofreading could help. In its current condition, this work rates no more than three stars for the work put into getting it on paper.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

She was up for whatever Brad Stevens wanted. She would have cheated with him had her husband not revealed Steven’s to be a smarmy loser and threatened to divorce her. She had already played tonsil hockey with Steven’s, in effect encouraging his predatory behavior. She is cheat waiting to happen.

uncle_muduncle_mud5 months ago

I concur with Rimmerdal .. 3 stars from me

tanker_raytanker_ray5 months ago

good story but why do a lot of the characters in these stories end up going to Belize? when I worked for the good old U.S.of A. Belize was on the restricted list for government workers, and as far as I know you're still warned to not stray off the resort if you go there.

HighBrowHighBrow5 months ago

God, no wonder she was catting around. What a rant! Not fun or educational to read.

Fjmax6Fjmax65 months ago

Good story and not all stories have to be BTB. Instead Bren did BTBastard.

lujon2019lujon20195 months ago

So it went from

"this is not a negotiation"

to

"ok Ill be your cuck after all"

?

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19695 months ago

glad they didn't divorce as it sounded like a sweet relationship until she went back to work. not as smooth an ending because there was still tension until the very end. still, enjoyed it for that tension, a more romantic finish would have made it better (or great for me)

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Good not great story. The husband and wife need to get to the bottom of why she was suddenly open to another man. Until that is answered- and dealt with- no trust. Post-nup is a smart ideas as well.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

So fine sue me for this comment and it's direct at all writers in LW, "you so love your wife [sure a character] and you feel as if you have just cut your arm off and she your heart out. Then you call her every derogatory and disparaging name under the sun. Some love that you can call her slut, bitch, whore, hoe etc and expect RAAC.

Still enjoyable story even if you repeated yourself more than a few times.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman5 months ago

Very good story. Great outcome.

silentsoundsilentsound5 months ago

That was pretty damn good and fun!

I loved the characters.

COYSCOYS4 months ago

Loved this

Your best work! The dialogue was great, loved the characters. Thank you

Schwanze1Schwanze14 months ago

Helluva story but he better keep some assets hidden.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

5 Stars on a story I loved . It makes you ask yourself if you would stay with Her or not ?

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Love the twist at the end - he is not the only brilliant one in the marriage! 5

Texican1830Texican18304 months ago

Helluva story! She’s the perfect wife, as long as you verify.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

This was your best! Great job.

Small point: It was a little unclear whether she did something sexual with him, the "blackmail" material indicates something happened. Was it the kissing or something more?

BlueEyd2BlueEyd24 months ago

He went from dumping her ass, with no negociation, to negociating and allowing her to control the situation and then they supposedly go off and live happily ever after. The boss obviously had pictures bad enough to attempt to blackmail her. Why would the MC all of a sudden forgive and forget? Because she burned her almost lover? I don't think so.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Still should have gone ahead with the divorce. If she did it once, she will do it again.

DessertmanDessertman4 months ago

That was close! Disaster narrowly averted!

You tell a good tale, but better editing is needed.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

She's still a slut

James G 5James G 54 months ago

One they've gotten to that point you can never trust them again

1 star

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

It felt like you really put yourself into that story rather than rattling off stuff quick for the sake of it. Nice one.

CrazyDaveTrucker60CrazyDaveTrucker604 months ago

And what of the pool boy she finds so cute? Or that forcefull salesman she finds so handsome? That doctor at the club in those sexy tennis outfits? So many men, so much temptation, so much time on her hands. This was a crisis barely averted, but only time will tell if she has truly changed. The old adage, once a cheater, always a cheater… that applies directly to her. This story isn’t over by a long shot.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

" You have love for two men, is that it?"

A few nods punctuated the waterworks.

"And you would really be happy if I could give you the space to pursue your affection for Bradley, correct?"

She looked up with an expression of sudden, unexpected hope.

===> sorry but author lost control of the reconciliation narrative with this part of the scene.

The very fact she was hopeful that her husband of nearly 25 years would acquiesce to aa short term, discreet fling with thr predator is simply beyond. That kills reconciliation completely. Destroys trust, which was already wounded.by her lying, wearing the sexy underwear the asshole wanted he to wear, her clear infatuation, upset over invasion of privacy but defending asshole from allegations by her husband. But that "hope" in her eyes just kills it.

Don't get me wrong, I like how she resigned immediately, set the asshole up, and burned him. That makes for a good path to reconciliation, though the epilog was too short.

But that one part of the scene, while his vehement response afterwards may have shocked her back into reality, makes it impossible to get to that reconciliation without becoming unbelievable.

It is the author's story, and was a entertaining read, but if the ending was crafted ahead of time, then probably should have taken that one little piece out. Instead have her realize how serious he is, and after he gets back from bathroom, she begs him to not divorce her and enacts her plan.

Look she is clearly intelligent with what she pulled off at the end, but having her "hope" that she would be allowed to have a sexual relationship with two men simultaneously makes her intelligence laughable and nonsensical. Hence the disconnect between the intense restaurant scene and thr reconciliation ending.

I like a reconciliation as much as the next guy, but that one part of the dialog wasn't needed, and in fact caused the narrative to jump the shark.

Too bad. 4 stars. Could have been 5 stars with minor changes. Unfortunately that one part leaves a bad aftertaste.

RanDog025RanDog0254 months ago

Well, at least it ended before it couldn't be. 5 fucking stars. Well done!

FantasyTrainFantasyTrain4 months ago

"Wow. Just wow. Phrase of a 12 yr. old dipshiit! lol

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Yeah. Uplifting story. Don’t be put off by the troll police. They just want the whole world to be the sanctimonious lonely asses they are.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

The few lines around her hoping he would allow her to share herself and have love for two men really didn't fit with the rest of the narrative. It reduced the impact of the whole plot line of the wife understanding she was making an error and being stupid and about to make an unforgivable mistake that would lead to her being divorced and her being repentant about her behaviour. It's an error that needs fixing otherwise this is a decent story rather than a great one. If it's left in then it implies she will do this again but be more secretive. BardnotBard

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShades3 months ago

Enjoyed the turn of events. Good Story. Thanks for your writing.

Just_WordsJust_Words3 months ago

If I were him, I would wonder about those pictures.

AmbulAmbul3 months ago

Finally, his very busty blonde bombshell wife realized what was really important to her. I liked how the ended worked.

chasbo38chasbo383 months ago

The husband correctly diagnosed his wife's state of mind and decision to move along the path to an affair with her boss. The fact that she changed her mind after he blew her mind with his information does not change the fact that she would have gone ahead with the affair if he had not made her face up to what she was doing. Playing by my rules, she had already emotionally betrayed him! He knew it and should have gone through with the divorce.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Yes she cheated over the course of the last several weeks. She bought into a bunch of seduction, fertilizer, and hokum. She certainly thought she coukd get away with it and likely intended to spend the night with the predator. But he intervened, ambushed her, deconstructed her bullsh$t, and had her realizing that she had basically temporarily lost her mind. The big savings grace is how she not only resigned but burned his ass with a sexual harassment case with the recording. It isn't entrapment if you are not working for the government. I see it more as she had a bout of temporary insanity, he intervened and ambushed her, their emotional affair was not that far along (though about to accelerate), and her husband snapped her out of it. While she was at first evasive and defensive, feeling ambushed with too much information, his bringing up their special memories shook her to her core. As well as his comparison of a long, committed relationship to a new, shiny one. It eroded her defenses and she got her sanity back. Well played by husband. 5 stars. Suspect their reconciliation woukd require a lot of counseling and communication. Why she lost it c should be explored. Good story. Creative dialog.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Good wake-up call for the wife. But why Belize?

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I dont know if I'd be able to forgive her. The way she continued to jump to his defense. The way she dressed for him. But real life isn't as cut and dry as a Literotica story (although I wish it was lol), I'm sure it's hard to just walk away from the woman you love after being happy for 25 whole years. I wonder what would make her act in such an egregious manner. The only thing that redeemed her was how quickly she whipped out her phone, quit her job, and burned Bradley.

But I would never be able to trust her again.

WargamerWargamer2 months ago

Top story, he saved his marriage, the intervention was great, and he had his nemesis destroyed.

5/5

Xavier3737Xavier37372 months ago

So what else did she and her boss do that he has pictures of!?!?!?!!! She failed way too many "husband tests"!!!!!!

LechemanLecheman2 months ago

Admittedly, I was curious about his blackmail pics but, overall, great story! Yay for the nerds.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Excellent.

redboat7redboat72 months ago

Nice!! Great story!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

The last bit was to 360 and just like that she decided her husband was right after all.

Like a flick of a switch.

LoriRobinsonGaLoriRobinsonGaabout 2 months ago

Love the twist at the end!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

No one would listen to that whiney diatribe. The boss was right, the cuck was as boring as old toast. Repetitive too.

StruckwrongStruckwrongabout 2 months ago

"And you would really be happy if I could give you the space to pursue your affection for Bradley, correct?"

She looked up with an expression of sudden, unexpected hope.

I mean he was right the first time.

Sure she changed her mind when she might lose it all but unless she thought that was going to happen it was full steam ahead.

She turned on her husband and her lover all in one setting.

pummel187pummel187about 1 month ago

Wait a minute, why is she mad at Bradley?????? He has done nothing that she didn't encourage.... What should have happened is (what should have happened is her husband kicked her the fuck out) she should have told Bradley that she let things get out of control or something of the kind...

DO NOT 🚫 GET MARRIED

LechemanLechemanabout 1 month ago

His wife was intelligent after all and understood her actions.

Loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Ditch the bitch

siro2011siro2011about 1 month ago

I like the Story- thanks

Waldteufel61Waldteufel61about 1 month ago

Clever turn, good outcome I suppose - if you can stomach the adulteress betrayal up to the end - I don’t think the author and very good job with that.

StruckwrongStruckwrong27 days ago

Her about face from wearing his panties,making out with him, negotiating to have two loves was too instant.

AnonymousAnonymous11 days ago

There is nothing wrong with heading off disaster and getting a happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

Great story! She was already emotionally cheating and the physical sex would just be icing. She took him for granted and wanted a temporary shiny exciting toy. Nope!!Thats not how it works! I’m glad he was able to break the spell and get her mind out of the fog. It would take a lot of therapy and time to get trust back. I would get a post nuptial signed and have the PI on retainer to do periodic checks on her behavior. She earned it!

bigurnbigurn7 days ago

Well, I gave that one a 3 Star ⭐⭐⭐ rating. Mainly because you didn't finish the story. She is a very smart, but conniving bitch. She already was cheating. She just hadn't gave him the good stuff yet. She was quick thinking enough to turn the situation around and score financially, but she is just biding her time until the next ' Big ' thing catches her eye... At least that's the impression her character gave me.

AnonymousAnonymous5 days ago

What about the other women he was sleeping with?

prato1992prato19925 days ago

que mostraban las fotos que le sacó el jefe, hasta donde se entregó el jueves, hasta donde le metió la mano? Ella le besó los labios o tambien la polla? Está arrepentida o solo porque la atraparon?

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous