No Ordinary Proposal Ch. 04

Story Info
No matter how much love you give, you always have more.
15.8k words
4.82
10.2k
14

Part 4 of the 6 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 03/06/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Member389
Member389
1,676 Followers

Wednesday came and I picked Jo up early. I drove us to the county airport south of the heart of the city. Since the plane was just going to make a stop just for us I steered her to the fixed base operator check-in. The plane was set to land just before ten and we'd be in Montreal for lunch.

"Will this be your first time in Canada?"

Jo shook her head and looked over at me. "It will be my first time to Montreal but I've been to Alberta with Scott before. It was nice until we went up north to where they mine." She seemed melancholy. When I picked her up I greeted them at the door, Scott seemed okay, rested but still low on energy. There was a tension in the air and I felt like I was intruding. I took Jo's bags out to the car and left them alone for a few minutes. When she came out Scott stood in the door way and waved to me. I waved back and opened the car door for Jo. She looked back at the house in the side mirror as we pulled away.

Jo looked out the airport windows at the runway as a jet took off.

"He'll be okay." I said. She reached over, took my hand and she nearly crushed my fingers.

She took a deep breath. "I know. He fought me tooth and nail on having the nurse stay with him at night. He said he wasn't at that point yet. I cooked for the last two nights and put up enough food to feed an army for a week and told him if he didn't eat regularly I'd send him to the hospital myself when I got back. I know exactly how many meals there are in the freezer and I'd better find the correct amount of empty containers when I get back. I threatened him if he shared them with Maggie." She let out a weak laugh. "I wouldn't even care if he ate junk. As long as he eats something."

"Is that normal?"

"He's been better with you around. His ego won't let him look as weak as he feels sometimes. Since he got sick he turns inward and doesn't care for himself unless I bitch at him."

"Are you afraid he'll do that without you there?"

"We met with Barbara, the nurse, yesterday. She and I had a little chat and she will make sure he eats. She's been a nurse for years and says she knows how to handle difficult patients." That made her smile.

The representative of the charter service let us know the plane was on time and would be outside the gate area in a few minutes. We gathered our things, as the plane rolled up beyond the windows.

"Our chariot awaits." Jo smiled as we descended the ramp onto the apron. The door opened, a set of steps was lowered and a man stepped out followed by a woman, both in black uniforms. The woman had captains epaulets on her uniform.

"Mr. McNeil? Welcome aboard. I'm Anika Patel, I'll be your captain today." She introduced her co-pilot who was staring in open appreciation at Jo. The first officer took our bags stating he would stow them for us and climbed back aboard. We boarded and got seated. There was one other passenger, a man in a blue uniform with a different logo above the pocket. He nodded and smiled at me and his eyes opened wider at the sight of Jo. She had that effect, more so in the gray pinstripe suit she wore today. The skirt was short not only teasing the business attire policy but making it blush. We took the rear seats on the other side of the aisle and settled in. The pilot came aboard as the co-pilot did a walk around the plane.

The intercom came on. "The trip to Montreal Pierre Trudeau should take about ninety minutes. The weather is clear the entire way and the ground temperature is nineteen Celsius, sixty-six Fahrenheit. If you would please stow any loose items and fasten your seat belts we will get underway in a few minutes." Just then the co-pilot climbed aboard, brought up the steps and pulled the door shut as the engines started again. He secured the door and nodded to the other passenger and us.

"There are drinks in the galley once we're airborne you can help yourselves. The restroom is aft left." He went forward to the cockpit.

The intercom came on again and this time it was the co-pilot. "We are going to taxi to the runway now. We are third in line for take off and should be on our way in a few minutes."

I looked over at Jo who was all belted in, her bag behind her legs. She leaned on her chin and looked at me with a little smile which I returned in kind. She reached across the narrow space and took my hand for a moment giving me a reassuring squeeze. She sat back and crossed her legs and lifted the hem of her skirt ever so slightly showing the tops of stockings and a garter appeared and I felt my heart skip a beat. She was seated facing the rear and I glanced over at the other passenger who was flipping through a binder that looked like a manual of some sort. We taxied to the end of the runway, the engines roared louder and we began to roll forward picking up speed. Jo was staring out the window like a kid and I smiled. We lifted up sharply as the end of the runway approached. We continued to climb and after a few moments began to bank to the right as we circled the airfield. The dark ribbon of the Monongahela River curled into the distance. A few minutes later we leveled out and headed northward towards the border. We were given leave to move about the cabin a few minutes later. I asked Jo if she'd like a cup of coffee and she shook her head. I got one and held up the carafe to the other passenger who nodded.

"Black, please." He thanked me as I handed it to him.

"Are you headed to Montreal to certify on aircraft?"

"No, I'm deadheading to pick up a flight to London tomorrow."

He asked about us and I told him I was an engineer headed to research a plane for a client purchase. He had heard of our company and nodded. I moved back to my seat across from Jo and smiled as she leaned back and gave me a smile in return. I relaxed and looked out the window, in the distant haze Lakes Erie and Ontario could be seen. We would pass over the east end of Lake Ontario as we got closer to our destination.

I was worried about what this trip would bring in the budding relationship between us. I had no idea how much longer Scott had but he looked to be slowing down considerably in the past few weeks. He had told me that he hadn't actually stopped treatment until March and the remission was likely to stick with him for a month or so. True to his prediction the doctors had found signs that the cancer was active again at the beginning of April which was when he'd finally decided he wasn't going to fight it any longer. He said that the constant treatment was leaving him feeling like a zombie and that they he would never stop having to have them until they eventually wouldn't work any longer. I rested my head and looked at Jo who was to my surprise looking directly at me. Her hand rested on her knee and I noticed she didn't have her wedding bands on. I should have noticed it when I picked her up. I wonder if she had removed them after we left the house so as not to let Scott see. I smiled and she reached across again for my hand. I took hers in mine and played with each finger in turn wiggling it back and forth before holding it fully.

The other passenger stood and turned and I let go of Jo's hand as he walked past us. When he returned, Jo smiled at him. I looked down and she'd never adjusted her skirt back into place and was still showing the lace and satin. I shook my head and grinned. I should warn her that pilots are notorious skirt chasers and to be careful who she teases.

The intercom came on and the co-pilot said we would be landing in about fifteen minutes and if we looked out the port side we could see Ottawa in the distance. The announcement came to stow gear and buckle up for the landing. We landed smoothly and taxied to the terminal. We disembarked and entered the building and headed for the immigration kiosk. We finished our entry and we stepped away from the counter.

"Did you rent a car?"

I shook my head and smiled. "Come with me." We went out to the arrivals area and there was a gentleman in a dark suit standing nearby with his hands behind him in classic, former military, at-ease posture. He stood next to a small digital sign with my company's logo on the screen. "Hello André, this is my dear friend Miss Joanna Meadows."

He took her hand and smiled introducing himself to Jo. "Welcome to Montreal Miss Meadows. I've come to bring you to your hotel so you may check in. My associate and I would enjoy your company for dinner this evening if you are available." We agreed and André offered to take Jo's luggage for her and we made our way out to the parking area. André dropped us at our hotel and we made arrangements to meet for dinner. We were shown to our suite which was impressive. I tipped the bellhop and closed the door behind him.

Jo walked over to the large windows and looked out over the airport. She turned and leaned against the window. She fidgeted with her hands and ended up crossing her arms. She didn't look up at me right away.

"Relax. There's no pressure Jo. We'll enjoy some pampering while they try to woo us into buying a new jet, maybe a little photography, some sight-seeing and we go home."

She gave me a strained smile and walked towards me, her arms wrapped around my neck as she melted into me.

"I know, being here with you isn't the problem."

I held on to her and waited.

She eventually let out a long sigh. "I was just thinking about this morning." She began and a tear rolled down her cheek and she took another deep breath and let go of me and crossed her arms. "This morning Scott held out his hand to me and I took it in mine. He reached for my rings." Another tear joined the first. "He didn't say anything at first. He just straightened my finger and wiggled them off." She hugged herself and I pulled her against me and held her for a minute. "I didn't know much better at six years old what it felt like to be abandoned by my mother, but I'll tell you it would have paled in comparison to how I felt this morning." The tears streaked down her face freely and she opened her arms again and hugged me tightly.

"I'm sure he didn't want you to worry about questions, that's all."

She nodded, her chin bouncing off my shoulder. "That's what he said. He would hold onto them for safe keeping. Then he said that you would hold on to me for safe keeping."

"And here I am." I said emitting a soft laugh.

"Why does this feel so fucked up? I feel like I'm being torn apart."

"You're not. There's no competition here Jo, there's no divided loyalties." I kissed her just above the ear. "You know I've wondered how I would handle it if I knew my time was coming up, and other than a few more open discussions I'd probably be doing the same as Scott. He wants to provide for you and he's doing it the best way he can, to his thinking at least. He's long known there has been an attraction between us. I thank my stars that we handled it correctly and he didn't beat me senseless once he realized it. He's acknowledging it and bringing it out maybe because he's afraid we won't, even after he's passed."

She leaned back and looked up at me a small spark of surprise on her face.

"I mean the honest truth is that either one or both of us would think about it, but guilt or fear would likely keep us at arms length. We'd remain good friends, but would either of us move to take that step without feeling incredible guilt over it? Before someone else made a move on you?" I added with a smile. "Maybe he's afraid that we wouldn't take a chance and he's giving us a nudge now while he's here to see that we don't chicken out."

"I never thought about it like that. I felt like he was, I don't know, letting me go."

"In a way he's giving you permission, when it comes time, to do just the opposite and let him go. He sees you and he can't think of you squandering your life mourning him. You're young, healthy, smart and you have so much more ahead of you and he doesn't want you held back shedding tears over him."

She set her chin on my shoulder. "That's a big difference between you two. You're able to articulate it when he just gives me his stubborn look, and the occasional heavy sigh, like a bull dog."

"He's never been one for flowery words. He's a country boy, I'm from the suburbs." I laughed.

She gave me a powerful hug and leaned back with a smile on her face. "Thank you."

"For what?"

"Everything. Being with me, helping me through it all, giving me a shoulder to cry on." A little grin crept across her face as she brushed at my shoulder.

"Any time for you." She kissed me and sat on the end of the bed and leaned back on her hands.

The skirt rode up again and I smiled and reached down pushing it up to reveal the lace. Jo smiled. "Keep going."

I did to find that was the only thing she was wearing underneath. "Just how far were you planning on going?"

"Well when I discovered we weren't going to be alone, only as far as I did. I think that pilot guy would have hit on me if we hadn't boarded together."

"I guarantee it. He would have been trying every trick in the book to get you into his hotel room as fast as he could. He might have even tried for something on board the plane. Can you blame him?"

"He was cute." She grinned.

"I'm crushed." I sniffled.

"Yet here you are with your hand up my skirt." She gave me a little smile but didn't push me away.

"Be glad we weren't sitting next to one another or I would have had you biting your lip to keep from moaning the entire trip."

I stroked my fingers up and her legs parted further.

She let out a little sigh and her eyes popped open and she stopped me. She walked over to the closet and began disrobing and returned in only the lingerie and heels. "I didn't want to mess up my suit, that's my other idea for photographs." She kissed me and took my hand and placed it between her legs again causing me to laugh.

"I was thinking we might get some lunch."

"Your lunch is in your hand." She growled and kissed me again.

"Room serviced?" I teased and pushed her back on the bed. I went to the leather folder on the desk, opened it up and ordered a light lunch then loosened my tie as I watched her peel back the bedspread and slide up further onto the bed, piling the pillows and reclining like a queen on her throne. I went and hung up my jacket and pulled my tie off completely and sat on the edge of the bed.

"What happens with they get here with lunch?"

"I smile sweetly and we want for nothing for the next five days." She laughed. Her expression changed drastically as my fingers found their way back between her legs.

"Really? No panties on the first day? The poor guy will have a heart attack. If it is a guy." She gasped for air as I massaged her clit with my thumb.

"I'll cross my legs." She did so right then trapping my hand where it was as I wriggled it to see how strong her grip was. She reached up behind her head and grabbed the headboard and arched her back pressing harder into my questing fingers. She wasn't about to let me go until she came and I was doing everything I could to keep her on edge without letting her. There was a stiff knock on the door and a voice called out stating it was room service.

"Promise you'll have me for dessert and I'll let you go." She gasped. I leaned forward and kissed her hard.

"Gladly." My hand was free but I didn't want to stop either. I must have hesitated because there was another knock and I sprang up and called out that I was coming. I looked over at Jo as I opened the door and she had only brought her arms down and was watching me with a little smile. A young guy pushed the cart in and smiled up at me. He got a few feet into the room and his eyes bugged out at the sight of Jo reclining on the bed. He handed me the check which I signed and I handed him a tip. He looked at me then at Jo and I looked at her too. She rolled slightly and gave him a peek of the sandy brown landing strip as she reclined further on the bed. He looked for another minute or so and then turned, surprised to see me still holding the tip out to him.

"Uh, thank you. If you folks need anything let me know." He hadn't turned to leave yet and I looked over my shoulder at Jo who had flipped on a thousand watt smile and was daintily waving goodbye to him as she crossed her leg hiding the landing strip but looking no less gorgeous in the process. I stepped towards the door and opened it and he caught the hint thanking me profusely as he left.

Jo turned the smile on me and it warmed even further. "You know all we need to do is pick up the phone and that guy will be at the door in seconds for the rest of the week."

"I don't blame him. I'd be the same way after a show like that." I pulled up chairs and went and got a towel for hers. "I'd hate for you to soak the leather, or hydroplane right off the seat." I kissed her as she sat down and let out a laugh. When we were done she reached up behind her back and unhooked her bra and tossed it in the direction of her suitcase.

"Ready for dessert now?"

I finished the last of my glass of wine and indulged myself.

* * * * *

I stood and took her hand leading her to the bed. I sat on the edge and drew her to me laying a soft kiss on her belly as my hands cupped the soft skin of her ass.

I sensed more than saw her hands go behind her back and I reached up and stilled them.

"Leave it on." I whispered as my lips worked their way down her torso and I nuzzled the black lace of the garter belt as I passed it by. I kissed the top of the little patch of fur and she gasped her hands lacing against the back of my head as she leaned into me.

I leaned back and looked up at her, her eyes were nearly closed, lips parted, breathing quick and shallow.

"You're over dressed." She said, her voice barely above a whisper.

I smiled and stood, she stepped back so as not to get knocked over and I held her tight, she lost her balance and I held her against my chest. Our mouths found each other instantly. I turned and let go of her. She let out a little yelp as she fell back and bounced, her hair fell across her face as she giggled.

Instinct overcame me and I grasped her ankles and parted her legs opening her to me. Her giggles faded into surprise as I knelt on the edge of the bed leaned down and slid my tongue down her lips and back up, parting them as I did. She gasped and wriggled under me, not trying to get away but trying to position herself for maximum contact. Her fingers laced through my hair as she pulled me down, steering my actions as I nuzzled her clit, and slipped my tongue into her. I didn't slow, and pushed for her release without relenting. Her hips tilted and rose as her moans lengthened.

She let out a string of colorful language as her hips bucked up hard against my mouth as she found release.

She lay panting as I worked my way up her torso with soft kisses.

"Did you enjoy your dessert as much as I did?" She gasped, her cheeks flushed.

I licked my lips with a nod and smile and she pulled me down into a deep kiss.

* * * * *

"Damn I'm getting old." I groaned as I sat up on the edge of the bed.

Jo giggled. "I'd say we both did our best to tire each other out. I almost wish you hadn't agreed to dinner tonight."

"Me too, but it pays to press the flesh even though I'm the one with the purchase agreement." We showered quickly and got dressed. Jo had brought a gorgeous cocktail dress in summer colors, and I breathed a little easier as it wasn't short like the skirt she wore on the flight. I wasn't opposed to her showing off how sexy she was but I didn't want her to feel like that's why she was here.

She was putting on an earring in front of the mirror as I shrugged on my jacket. She had an uncanny ability to read my mind.

"How do I look?" She turned back and forth the bottom of the dress swishing back and forth.

"Stunning as always." I smiled as she walked towards me and gave me a kiss and pushed me out of the doorway and walked past me.

Member389
Member389
1,676 Followers