No Show Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"To kill him?" Edward Steele asked. "For him to die when the train car exploded by being right in front of it?"

Laura said "I can't say if that explosion, or having him on a spot where a sniper could shoot him was the motive. But they wanted him on Spot A, and not necessarily to make sure he was away from Spot B."

Chief Moynahan said "But last night wasn't allll Fed-rulllll, Mister Crowbarrrrr. Mister Steeeele, would you a-greeee with me that there are multiple political groups that want to change the structure of this Coun-teee, some to favor Left-leaning groups, and some to favor Right-leaning groups?"

Edward R. Steele said "That's an oversimplification of it, but if you're going where I think you are, it's as good an explanation as any."

Chief Moynahan said "And where I'm going is that I have military and National Guard contacts, and my Statewide LEO contacts have grown since 'Coldiron' Masters became the SBI Director. In addition to the local fight brewing over this Town and County's structures, the politicians of the State are going to make an effort to change the State's structurrrre."

Moynahan: "But they believe they have to neutralize your voice first, Mis-ter Crowbarrrr. I'm old enough to remember those E.F. Hutton brokerage commercials: someone says 'my broker is E.F. Hutton, and E.F. Hutton says...', and it goes silent as everyone else leans over and tries to listen in. That's the effect you have, in spite of the Media's continuous attempts to destroy you and your rep-u-tay-shunnnn. Mizzz Ross, what do yoooo have to add to this?"

Cindy said "Just what I learned after the fact... that it was KXTC and their Media allies that took the lead in the planning, orchestration, staging, and then directing the entire thing. Usually the perps lead the willing Media along, like what was staged in Ferguson, Missouri after Michael Brown was shot dead by Officer Darren Wilson after Brown attacked Wilson. But this time the opposite was the case: the Media led the perps along into the violent protest."

Cindy: "My secret source within the Media said everyone in the Media knew KXTC was trying to gin up something to attack you with, Don, but she swears up and down that she did not know exactly what, at least not ahead of time. At any rate, I informed the Sheriff of the rumors and innuendo I'd heard."

"And I took it from there." said Sheriff Griswold. "I have sources, too, and was able to get backdoor confirmation from both T-Square's people and The Teacher's people that KXTC was going around offering money to people to stage what they called a 'demonstration'. But the location and the actions they were to take weren't given to them until they were bussed into the Courthouse Square area, given red t-shirts, and told what to do."

"And the green-shirted Climate thugs that don't bathe?" I asked.

Griswold: "I don't know about them. The Black Community despises them, and have nothing to do with them."

Laura said "Lionel Carmela may have organized them and sent them along to join the protest... again, in concert with his Media allies."

"But there weren't that many of them." Cindy said. "So either they heard about it late and rounded up whoever they could in a short time, -orrrr- those slugs were going to show up anyway."

I said "It doesn't matter. They were there, and the opportunity to arrest them, get their fingerprint data and their faces on mugshots, and give them criminal records was missed."

I then sat up straighter and said more loudly: "Look, guys. I understand why you made sure I didn't go down there. And in this one instance, you were right. But it's like hitting your number on the roulette wheel... you were lucky this one time."

Me: "The bottom line is that no matter how hard you try, you can't protect me by preventing me from doing my job. You've got to let me know about things like this. I might not have gone down there, especially with the Sheriff holding me back, but I sure as hell would've sent word to make some arrests, especially every green-shirted slug that support the Fraud of Climate Change."

Sheriff Griswold said "Well... in some ways, it worked out. I learned some things I needed to know. And we did set the Enemy back in their plans. So let's go forward, and get it right next time."

"What about the Mayor?" asked my Angel... no, not Cindy this time, but Teresa.

Laura said "I wish he'd stayed to listen to this. I'll ask Melina to talk to him."

I said "It won't matter." When they all looked at me, I said "He's pissed that you didn't include him in the loop, and he---"

Laura said in protest: "We didn't know enough to tell him, at least not ahead of time!"

I raised a hand to stop her, then said: "It doesn't mat-ter. He isn't seeing it the way you all do. He believes that you put him and the Council Members in danger, and unnecessarily. And his mind is made up. It's a male ego thing with him now."

Before we left, I asked Sheriff Griswold if he'd talked to Senior Deputy Louis Bailey yet. He replied "I called him into my office. He immediately asked for his Union Rep, and said he'd already filed his grievance against Commander Ross. And by the way, Jerome Davis has already filed his grievance against Bailey."


Griswold: "So I tried to get them all together and have the meeting to resolve it, but the Union Reps started dancing around with fancy excuses. I told them to be in my office tomorrow morning. Or else. No excuses..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Once back at Police Headquarters, Teresa followed me into my office and said "Permission to speak freely?"

"Always, when we're alone." I replied. I turned on the bug-killer.

Teresa: "I'm not saying they were lying to us... but they were lying to us, if you know what I mean. I think they knew a lot more then they were saying they did, and they knew it ahead of time."

"I agree." I said. "Cindy gave it away this morning in the coffee klatch. I think she held back what she knew at lunch after Daniel exploded and walked out."

Teresa: "Was he right to go off on them like he did?"

I said "That was Daniel 'Internal Affairs' Allgood we saw today. His righteous hackles were raised. And if I were in his position, and heard what he heard the way they were telling it, I might've reacted the same way. And as I said, his male ego was hurt that he wasn't notified, much less consulted."

Teresa said "He'd have called off the Council Meeting if he'd known."

I said "Or had them convene in the private Council Chamber on the second floor without going into the public Chamber. And just between us and the crowbar, I would've let the meeting happen as it did... that was really tremendous footage of the America-Haters shouting down the Pledge of Allegiance, proving what I've been saying all along... but I would've let the protesters gather with the intent of making arrests."

"Even if it would have had the USDOJ come down on us?" Teresa asked.

"Derrick B. Harland's DOJ is doing that already, all over the country." I said. "Personally, I would welcome the fight, and the publicity. The American People need to know how badly the US DOJ is being weaponized against them."

Teresa said "I admit... you surprised me being as restrained as you were."

I said "Teresa, Teresa, Teresa... surely you don't think you're dealing with an Agency of the Weak-Minded, do you?"

"And don't call me Shirley." Teresa replied. "So you knew, too? Oh... of course you did. You never would've just sent the Mayor's call to voicemail, even if the Sheriff told you to. Unless you knew. But why? If it had backfired, and they'd gotten truly violent..."

I instinctively lowered my voice and said "I had to protect Amelia's secret. If I'd gone down there, the Media would've been talking about that, but also about me not solving the (air quotes) 'Fake Deputies' case... which would lead to continued scrutiny of that situation. As it is, they're talking about me not showing up... at the train wreck, and at City Hall. And not talking about that other stuff..."

Part 5 - State of the Unions

"This is Bettina Wurtzburg, KXTC Channel Two News!" shouted the redheaded MILF reporterette at 7:00am, Thursday, October 28th, from the Anchor Desk of the KXTC studios. "Bombshell allegations about Commander Donald Troy's absence from the Council Meeting last Tuesday night!"

After the hard-charging intro music, Bettina began: "Channel Two News has new information regarding Commander Troy's absence from the Council Chamber as peaceful protests over the Budget's failure to defund the Police began. Let's go to trusted reporter Amber Harris for more. Amber!"

"That's right, Bettina!" said the height-challenged, athletic blonde reporterette, from the rooftop of the building at Riverside and College, with City Hall in her background. "Channel Two News has learned that Commander Troy told others to not call him for any reason on Tuesday night, because it was his birthday and he wanted to spend it with his family at home!"

Amber: "And despite being contacted and told of the potential for the peaceful protests to become violent, Commander Troy stayed at home and did not respond to the potential threats and come down to City Hall."

The feed went to a split-screen, and Bettina said "Amber, just to clarify... Commander Donald Troy gave instructions to not be called in because it was his birthday, and he wanted to stay at home?"

Amber: "That is the information we have, Bettina. Fortunately, the protesters remained peaceful, but Commander Troy chose to stay at home while his Officers faced the potential danger."

Bettina: "Amber, do other Police Officers get to pick and choose when they can stay at home when they're called in to respond to an incident?"

Amber: "Apparently rank has its privileges, Bettina. Commander Troy gets to stay home with his family on his birthday, but the rank-and-file Officers would be expected to report for duty, no matter if it was their birthday or not. They'd be expected to respond to disasters like exploding trains and potential riots, while Commander Troy skips them at his whim."

"That's just amazing, Amber." Bettina said. "I'm sure the rank-and-file Officers really appreciate being called in while their Police Commander gets to sit at home and blow out birthday candles. Thanks Amber!" As the feed went to just her, she said "That was trusted reporter Amber Harris with that important but disgusting story. And now let's go to highly respected reporter Carl Lemay for more on another developing story. Carl!"

"That's right, Bettina!" said the slender Reporter of Color, standing in the same spot Amber had stood at just seconds before, so that City Hall was in his background. "Channel Two News has learned that Mayor Daniel Allgood and at least one Council Member have filed a complaint with the Town & County Inspector General's Office over what they call a total breakdown in security at City Hall that led to the Council Members's physical safety being in danger."

Lemay: "The complaint asks for a formal Board of Inquest to determine how Sheriff Antonio Griswold's Deputies were overwhelmed by an influx of peaceful protesters through what should have been a locked and guarded door, as well as the need to evacuate the Council Members from the public Council Chamber."

Lemay: "But more shocking is the request for the Board of Inquest to examine how the Public Safety Department prepares in advance for public gatherings such as Council meetings, and what, if any, information the Public Safety Department had in advance of potential problems, particularly last Tuesday night."

The feed went to a split-screen. Bettina said "Carl! Will the investigation include Commander Donald Troy choosing to not show up after being called about the potentially dangerous incident?"

Lemay: "Bettina, Commander Troy is not named in the complaint, but it is very likely that the Board of Inquest would investigate his role, or lack of it, as part of their overall investigation."

Bettina: "Carl, there are other things going on that's related to the increasing scandal over this situation, aren't there?"

The feed went back to just Lemay, who said "That's right, Bettina. Channel Two News has learned that tensions between the Police and Sheriff's Departments are very high after Police Lieutenant Jerome Davis filed a grievance against Senior Deputy Louis Bailey, after Senior Deputy Bailey made a formal charge of insubordination against Davis. Our viewers will remember that Davis was demoted from the Lieutenant of the Major Crimes Division to 1st Precinct Lieutenant, and he is now being charged with insubordination."

Lemay: "Additionally, Senior Deputy Bailey filed a grievance against Chief Deputy Cindy Ross, claiming he was the Incident Commander at the scene at City Hall, and that Ross not only tried to usurp his position and authority, but she took the side of the subordinate Officer, Davis, over him, Bailey, which was especially offensive because Davis is with the Police, and the Sheriff's Department controls security at Government buildings such as City Hall and the Courthouse. Back to you, Bettina!..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Who was the Council Member that made the complaint to the I.G. with the Mayor?" asked Deputy Chief Tanya P. Muscone, breaking the oppressive silence in the Chief's Conference Room as she, Sheriff Griswold, myself, Chief Moynahan, and Lt. Commander Teresa Croyle drank coffee and watched the propaganda-cast.

"Susan Weston." I replied. "Daniel went to her because she was also once a TCPD Officer, as you know."

"Oh, do I ever." Tanya replied witheringly. (Author's note: 'Case of the Paper Trail', especially Ch. 02.)

"Wow." said Teresa quietly. "He really threw us under the bus like that? And Laura couldn't get Melina to stop him?" I gave the Iron Wolf a sideways 'look'. Tanya had not been invited to the previous day's lunch, and did not know what had been discussed... though I observed that Tanya had not asked what all of that was about. Hmmm...

I said "According to my reliable source, whose sister is scandalously sleeping with the Mayor, she did ask Melina to talk to Daniel. But his phone was going to voicemail, even for Melina's calls, and he had already gone to Weston and then to the I.G. by the time Melina next saw him in person."

"He must be really, really pissed if he went to the I.G." Tanya said.

I replied: "And worse, much worse, he went to a Democrat Council Member to join him in the complaint. And that means that not only will the Council Democrats know, but all of the County's Democrats will know. And then Lionel Carmela and Stacy Jacobs will pick it up, and so on and so forth."

"And then use it against the Mayor, as well as me and you and the Public Safety Department." growled Sheriff Griswold, his voice full of the anger that was causing his mustaches to twitch.

"Which brings up another point." I said. "I said one time, and only one time, to not call me because it was my birthday that night... in this here coffee klatch on Tuesday. And it was said less-than-seriously, and Tanya even joked with me about it. But the God damned Press is reporting it. And as if I had seriously said to not call me because it was my birthday. How in the hell did they find that out?"

"May-beeee they're just speck-u-lay-tinnng." drawled the Chief.

"No sir." Teresa said, picking up on what I was insinuating, and letting her eyes bore into the Chief as she said "Don has an active lawsuit against them, and he adds provable lies to it every chance he gets. Yet they reported that anyway, as if they could back it up. Said humorously or not, they ran with it."

Teresa turned to me and said "Don, with your permission, I'll have Myron have one of his teams tear this building apart looking for bugs."

"Hey! He's my guy." Tanya said, meaning Myron and his IT staff was in her chain-of-command. "But I agree, we need to search for bugs. And I'll submit my wheelchair to the search, as well." I nodded, then Tanya added "Not to cast aspersions, but where is Cindy?"

Sheriff Griswold said "She's meeting with her lawyer this morning, getting ready for grievance hearings with the Police Union and the Captains's Union."

I said "With respect, sir, and that may be true... but the reason she is not here is because she is still pissed with me in her erroneous thinking that I am on Bailey's side against her in that altercation."

Griswold said "Speaking of that... Crowbar, be at the grievance hearing at 9:00am in the private Council Chamber at City Hall. I have told them that you will attend as the Charter Commission Chairman, and therefore the undisputed expert on the various rank structures in the Public Safety Department."

"How 'bout that? You're and (air quotes) 'expert', Don!" Teresa said cattily, and with a wicked gleam in her eye.

"And you are a riot." I replied. "Sheriff, Commander Croyle will be at the hearing also... as my bodyguard, of course..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

9:00am, Thursday, October 28th. I was wearing my Duty Dress jacket over a white shirt with black necktie, and ribbons denoting my many medals, including a ribbon for the Medal of Valor with a bronze oak leaf cluster. Teresa was wearing similar attire, but with a woman's ribbon cross tie instead of a necktie with tied knot, and she was wearing a skirt and medium heels instead of pants like I was wearing (no weird pronouns for me, thankyouverymuch!). The silver oak leaf cluster on her Purple Order ribbon impressed me, as always. Lieutenant Jerome Davis was wearing his ribbons, including the school-related ones that didn't have a medal, to add 'heft' to his appearance.

The Sheriff was wearing his brown jacket and pants over khaki shirt and necktie, but was wearing 'boxes', denoting his MOV, Distinguished Service Medals, and Purple Order. Cindy was wearing the same... male necktie with knot, 'trousers' (being Canadian, eh wot?), and boxes denoting her MOV, Distinguished Service Medal, and Purple Orders. They both could have worn their Police ribbons, but to my disappointment had chosen not to.

Senior Deputy Louis Bailey was correctly attired in his Sheriff Department duty dress uniform, and he was wearing ribbons... which did not include any Purple Orders. He did have one Distinguished Service Medal to his credit.

Sitting at the near (to the door) end of the table, where Mayor Allgood normally sat in Executive Session meetings, was Efram Elliot, the now-retired and once-longtime leader of the TCPD's Internal Affairs. He had been agreed upon by both Unions and the parties involved to be the arbiter of the hearing.

Going clockwise around the table, to Elliot's left was Sheriff Griswold, Cindy Ross, her attorney Agnes T. Spires, Chief Sean Moynahan, Lieutenant Jerome Davis, and his attorney, Bernadette Rosalyn Gillem of the Madison & Ives Law Firm. I was at the far end, the 'lectern' seat, and Teresa was to my left, followed by Louis Bailey's attorney Gibson Stelling of Succup & Payne, P.C., Bailey himself, the Captain Union's Rep, and the Police Union Rep to Elliot's right. Both Reps were wearing expensive suits that cost thousands of dollars each.

Efram Elliott gaveled the meeting into order, then said "Okay, we're here to address two grievances; one filed by Police Lieutenant Davis against Sheriff's Department Senior Deputy Louis Bailey; and one filed by Senior Deputy Bailey against Chief Deputy Cindy Ross."

Elliot: "I also understand that there are charges of insubordination by Bailey against Davis, and by Ross against Bailey. Our mission here is to address the grievances; the insubordination charges will have to go through the correct legal process. Having said that, we'll be discussing those charges as part of this overall situation, and our findings will be available to all sides in their ongoing cases."