Nothing as Sexy as a Man in a Skirt Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
qhml1
qhml1
8,971 Followers

"I've never met someone so rude in my life!"

I shrugged. "Not my problem. Maybe you should spend more time with musicians who don't give a shit. Then you'd really get an education in rude behavior. Now shoo, I have to set this equipment up pretty fast, so I can get on with being rude to people who deserve it. Have a super sparkly ball now. If you're lucky, maybe you can find a rude waiter or bartender. One can only hope."

She stormed off. I looked at Tony and Dave, who were trying not to laugh and failing, to Amy, who looked appalled, to Molly, who was just grinning as she spun her bow around in circles. We could hear someone screaming in laughter for a minute, then Robbie came strolling back, wiping tears from his eyes and trying not to grin.

The ball was really something. We were playing first, then a full orchestra was going to take over, to do waltzes and that sort of thing. I looked at the head table, to see the woman I'd had words with sitting beside the Colonel, filling his ear full. Seems they always tried to get some royal Scot or another to come over as guest of honor, and it was his turn. He looked at me while the woman was talking, a small smile on his face as he listened to her.

He told me about the conversation the next day, as I stood beside him, watching as the Parade Of Tartans wound round the field.

"You surely put a burr under her bonnet! I nearly choked to death twice, trying to hold back my laughter. It got even better as we talked to the main supporter of the games, and she thanked me for coming."

"Oh," I said, "I'm deeply honored to attend this event. I was even more keen when I found out an old friend was going to be playing in the band. He's a credit to Scotland and America."

"Really? How does an Earl cross paths with an American bagpiper?"

"Well, we crossed paths, as you put it, for the first time in Iraq, where he saved my life and the lives of my men. I met him again in London, where he again saved my life from terrorists, with the help from one of our men from Iraq. After that, I considered him my lucky charm, and got him assigned to me as a bodyguard and piper."

"Was he? A lucky charm?"

"I couldn't keep the smile off me face, laddie, when I told her about how you and some old mates saved me once again, and how you personally saved me, my wife, and my sister and her child."

"You might remember him from those times. He was dubbed 'the Mad Yank' by the press. There was a big spread on him in the Times, detailing his life since he came into my service, even had pictures of the Queen presenting him with his medals, and one of him being knighted, and a week later pictures of the royalty of Denmark doing it all over, presenting medals and Knighting him again. My sister is a Duchess in Denmark, and there was even a picture of him flying through the air, as he was getting hit with bomb shrapnel, protecting my niece with his body. Quite the interesting man, our Ewan McLough.

And be prepared, laddie, they're thinking about having you as guest of honor next year, a hometown hero with Scottish connections, and a genuine Knight to boot. I wager the woman who railed at you yesterday will be positively affectionate today."

We enjoyed the day immensely. Robbie competed in the pitchfork competition, throwing bags over a bar. He came nowhere close to winning, but had a good time. I did a little sword dancing, and played the pipes in the competition, not as a contestant, but as a guest, after they found out who I was. Dave surprised us all by coming in second in the hammer throw, his huge biceps bulging as the hammer flew. Dave was a stocky guy with a bit of a belly, but under that was nothing but rock hard muscles. I had the thought it would be very bad to have him angry at you, which led me back to Amy. I really needed to talk to her. All of us wore kilts in the colors of my clan, and they marched with me as I carried our flag in the closing March of the C lans, as an honorarium.

The group sponsoring the event did indeed warm to me, and I was polite, telling them I would think about it, and if there were no scheduling conflicts I would be honored.

After the games, we met in the barn for a practice, and announced the end of the band, as far as we were concerned. Of course, everyone knew but Amy, and she seemed dismayed and relieved at the same time. Dave made the comment that while he was sad, he was happy to be able to concentrate on his family. I noticed Amy look a little uncomfortable when he said it.

We had eight more dates we were committed to, and stopped taking bookings. We had a farewell party at O'Douls, and it was so packed he had to turn people away. To honor our fans, we did another show on Sunday afternoon, for the ones that didn't get in Saturday. They still had to turn people away. I think we were all surprised at the tears, and the number of kilts worn in our honor. Seems in some small way, we had touched the lives of many. It was our last appearance, and there were tears in our eyes, as well.

Our last appearance in the country, that is. Dwayne, with help from the Colonel, got us booked into three festivals, one in Ireland, and two in Scotland. We thought it would be a great way to go out, and agreed. We would be gone for two weeks.

We also decided to make a family holiday of it. Mike was taking Bernie, his daughter, and hers, and Dave was taking his two children, over Amy's objections.

"We're only playing three times in two weeks, leaving us lots of time for family events and outings. It would be the vacation of a lifetime. They're old enough now to have these memories for the rest of their lives. We're even going to stay in a real castle for three days, courtesy of the Earl. What possible reason could we have to not take them?"

Amy folded, and I decided that I was going to have that talk with her very soon.

......................................

We knew far enough in advance to make vacation arrangements. I had enough vacation time built up not to worry, and when my boss knew why I was taking it, and that I would be concentrating on my real job when I got back, he smiled.

"Good. You know the assistant production manager's job is going to be available soon, and one of the reasons you weren't at the top of the list was because of your outside interests. Now that that's no longer the case, you're a serious candidate. Go, and when you get back, we'll talk."

Dave and Tony both had enough seniority on their jobs to get the time off, so we were all set, even Amanda had gotten a week off, over Dr. Krall's objections. She was going to join us the second week, and be there for our last performance. I could see the Colonel's hands on that decision.

We were a travelling village, kids, all of our instruments, personal luggage. People definitely took notice. They almost had to pry Amanda and I apart. It was the first time since we had gotten together that we would be separated, and neither of us liked it one little bit.

We played in Ireland first. The band as a group talked it over, and we decided to really put Molly and Rob out front, to help them when they were on their own. I still sang two, but the rest were all theirs, including four originals that were pretty good. Tony and I had been helping them arrange them, and it was still works in progress, but they were getting there. With those four, a few reels and jigs, and a cover or two thrown in, they would have a pretty good first CD.

It was a crowd of about fifty thousand, and we were the second act. I'm proud to say we were well received. It was a rush for all of us, we had never played to that big a crowd before. I was pleased to see the attention paid to Molly and Robbie. They both got invited to sit in with a few of the larger acts, good exposure in this market.

We took tours after the concert, saw the Book of Kells, kissed the Blarney Stone, did as much touristy stuff as possible.

When we got to Scotland, the kids were really excited about staying in an actual castle, and they loved their rooms. Millicent was really taken with the children, arranging a horseback outing, taking them to local attractions, and generally doting on them. In no time at all, they were trying to spend all their time with 'Aunt Millie"

The Colonel and his wife never had children, for reasons unknown to me. His wife really loved them, and she told me point blank to get on with having ours. "They will be the closest thing I'll ever have to grandchildren. Just so you know, when they get old enough, they'll be summering with us as often as possible. Amanda is already on board with it, although she intends to take them to Kenya as many times as she can."

It moved me quite a bit, and on impulse, I hugged her. She was stiff at first, except for a kiss on the cheek, we had never touched. She finally relaxed, and gave me a firm cuddle, patting my cheek when we released.

Without meaning to, I reduced her to tears. "You know, our first son is really going to hate me for naming him Archibald, but I'm sure the first daughter will be all right with Millicent."

They were their given names. I guess the thought of her living on through them was a bit much for her. She fled the room, and the Colonel grinned. "Ye've done it now, laddie. She may never let them go when they do come to visit."

My life just couldn't get any better.

.........................................

I was really looking forward to Amanda arriving. We hadn't conceived yet, not for lack of trying, and I harbored a secret hope that we could while we were here, making our first a true child of Scotland. She was concerned, but her gynecologist, a personal friend, told us not to worry. "Keep trying. It sometimes takes a while with the first one. Then BAM! You're having a baby. Relax. Enjoy this time, you're priorities will be completely different once it arrives. Not to worry, it will be a good difference."

When she called to tell me she couldn't come, I was devastated. "I can't come, honey," she said when she was coherent enough to talk, "David had a family emergency, and there's no one left to cover. I'm so, so, sorry."

"So am I love, but soon, very soon, you'll be your own boss, and we'll never have to worry about things like this again. I love you."

She cried for a little longer before ringing off. The band could tell I was depressed, so they tried to cheer me up. My mood did improve when Charlie showed up out of the blue. He had put twenty four years in, and was now retired and working for the Colonel.

I was even more surprised when a few more of our old troop came by, including the leftenant I had dragged across the sand all those years ago. The doctors managed to save his arm, but he would have limited use of it for the rest of his life.

I gave him my condolences right after he learned he would be partially paralyzed, and he grinned.

"No worries there. Alive with one and a half arms is a lot better than dead with two good ones."

It seems that after they retired, they joined a regimental band, made up of veterans and retirees, who played in parades and special events. They were even playing the festival, thirty six pipers and fourteen drummers. The Leftenant was the Drum Major, saying it was one thing he could do with his handicap.

I decided, since the event was being taped for television, that I would do a tribute of some kind to Amanda, hoping the tape would make her feel better. The band was all for it, and plans were made.

...............................................

I stepped out of the elevator, ready to work a night shift, smiling as I walked through the hospital, greeting almost everyone I passed. Many praised my compassion, especially towards children. My smile deepened as I saw the children, knowing that in seven and a half months I would experience motherhood for the very first time.

I went to see my friend this morning, wanting verification of what I suspected, and learned I was definitely pregnant, six weeks along. I hugged her and we both cried. When I calmed down she asked her if I was going to call Ewan with the news.

"No, I want to be able to touch him, see his face when he learns our dream is coming true. I'm sure it will be worth the wait."

My smile faded as I saw David standing at the nurse's station.

"David! What are you doing here? I thought you were out of town on a family emergency. How is your father, by the way?"

He looked at me oddly. "Dad's been gone for about four years now. I'm here to take Sally to lunch, since I suddenly had a week off. What was so important that you had to work this week? I thought you were going on vacation with your husband. I was really surprised when Dr. Krall gave me the week off, saying you had postponed your plans."

I paled and swayed, and he rushed to my side, concerned I might faint. He told me later there was a strange and disquieting look in my eyes that scared him.

"So then, Dr. Krall made these changes?"

"Amanda, please, we're almost done here. Let it go. Soon he will be just a bad memory."

I smiled, and it scared him even more when I answered in Masai. "What did you say?"

"I said you were right, he will soon be just a bad memory. Excuse me now, I have to check in."

David, Sally, and the other nurses at the station watched her go. "What do you think she's going to do?"

David looked at the nurse. "Nothing. I hope."

I paused just outside the office door, centering herself, seeing if the record function on my tablet was working, making sure the lens wasn't covered by my lab jacket.

Then I threw the door open, unleashing the demon inside me.

"You bastard! You arrogant little pissant of a man! There was no emergency, was there? David is downstairs, taking his girlfriend to lunch. He said you told him I insisted on working this week. What makes you think you can fuck with people's lives like that?"

His smile disappeared. The door was open and he knew anyone passing could hear them, so he went over and closed it, leaning against it, blocking me in.

"I did it, you little kaffer bitch, because I could. You think that musclebound husband of yours protects you. He has no power! I have it! I can make it next to impossible to get a good job, so you need to think very seriously about your next words."

I sighed, slumping down. "All right, what do you want? What do I have to do to get to be with my husband?"

"You can start by showing me a little gratitude. Why don't you take off your top, let me see if they look as good without a bra as they do with one."

"That's it? A boob shot, then I'm free to go?"

"Not by a long shot, bitch. Darkies like you need to be shown how to respect their betters. I think a blow job will go a long way towards softening my attitude. Now why don't you get to your knees and crawl over here?'

"So then, a blow job and it's over, right?"

He laughed. "Fuck no. After you blow me, we're going to spend a quiet evening together. Who knows, after I fuck you, you may not be in such a hurry to get to hubby. Now crawl!"

I dropped and crawled, watching as he fumbled his pants down. I reached out, still on my knees and when I got close enough I balled into a fist and punched him as hard as I could right into his balls. He let a little high pitched scream escape his lips as he fell over. On my feet by then, I kicked him several times, once in the crotch and twice in the mouth. I felt the teeth crumble on the second kick.

"You arrogant little shit! You can kiss your medical career goodbye, once the video I made gets out in public. Unless of course, they let you practice in prison."

I kicked him one more time in the crotch, and ran crying from the room.

....................................

The hospital administrator was having a bad day. Revenue was down, donations were down, patient dissatisfaction was on the rise. If he didn't turn it around soon, he would probably be let go.

When his computer pinged, he was about to ignore it until he saw the heading 'Lawsuit". He opened the mail, and got a streaming account of what had transpired in Dr. Krall's office, his heart sinking at every word. There was a short message at the end.

"I'm taking two weeks off, on the advice of my doctor, to recover from emotional duress and avoid a hostile work environment. You have until I come back to clean up this mess. And I'm charging the doctor with attempted sexual assault and attempted blackmail. Make sure he does not leave and run back to his home country, or I'll be forced to go after the hospital instead. Do not try to contact me before then, I'll be out of the country and unavailable.

Amanda Abasi McLough."

The Administrator watched the tape twice more before calling an emergency board meeting, and the police.

.........................

Dr. Krall lay on the floor of his office, moaning in pain, feeling the broken teeth with his tongue, before white hot rage consumed him. Damn that bitch straight to hell! If she would have just followed the program, he would have been over his infatuation by now and would have moved on to someone else. And that redneck husband of hers could kiss his ass. He had never forgiven him for slamming his face into the bar. She was never getting her certification, he would see to that.

Something was nagging him, just past the edge of his consciousness, when it hit him. She had recorded the whole thing! He could NOT let that get out, it could open a whole can of worms. He had stopped fucking the Indian intern just two moths ago, and she wasn't exactly willing. If she decided to come forth, or any of the others he had assaulted over the years, he would be in very bad trouble.

He knew he needed to leave. Not just the hospital, but the country. If he could get home his friends, and the friends of his father, would protect him.

He managed to get to his feet, and staggered out of his office and down the hall, to the elevators by the nurse's station. The nurses looked on in horror at the blood on his face and coat, asking if he needed assistance. He just grunted and closed the elevator.

Dr. Krall made it home, where he changed clothes and gave himself a high powered pain reliever. He managed to get into his dentist's office, told the man he had been mugged and needed emergency work done. The fact that the person who mugged him was a young woman he was trying to coerce into performing sexual acts for him never came up in conversation. He was in the chair for three hours while they repaired what they could, and pulled two that were beyond salvation.

Going back to his apartment for the last time, he grabbed everything he thought valuable and packed two cases. Not wanting to make reservations, he showed up at the airport, and tried to book a trip home, one way. He had to wait a ridiculously long time as they charted his flight, one that him changing planes twice. Krall breathed a sigh of relief as he got the confirmations and turned to go to the correct terminal.

There were two men standing behind him, their dress and manner screaming 'police' in any language. "Dr. Krall? I'm Detective James Madison of the Raleigh Police, and this is Sam Tennyson, of the State Bureau of Investigation. We'd like a few minutes of your time, down at the station."

Krall looked at his watch and spoke, his voice garbled from the pain killers and dental work. "I'm sorry, gentlemen, they've just called my plane. We'll have to do this another time, as soon as I return."

Agent Tennyson grasped his wrist firmly. "I'm afraid this can't wait, Doctor. You'll have to reschedule your flight for later. Now, please come with us. If you show the least resistance, we'll walk you through the airport in cuffs. Your choice."

The doctor sighed, and walked between the policemen for a bit before he suddenly bolted. Never in the best of shape, the pain medications made him even more sluggish, and the police detective slammed into him from behind before he had taken twenty steps. He was put in cuffs then, and led none too gently out of the airport.

qhml1
qhml1
8,971 Followers