All Comments on 'Ob-la-di'

by blackrandl1958

Sort by:
  • 121 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Hi Randi.

The first part of the story is great. The second part is a deep disaster in my view. He should never have even considered a reconciliation. For the second part, I granted this story a one because there is no zero.

BJ

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 2 years agoAuthor

@BJ:

Heh. Well, sometimes I just have to take my lumps. I liked the story. You didn't. It is what it is. I have yet to find a writer that I admired every story they wrote. A friend told me today if I did, it would be the same story written over and over again and I was too simple to realize it. I'm sure you'll find others as equally distasteful. Sorry about that, but they pleased me.

servant111servant111over 2 years ago

Yea...You developed this work under the outline of the Beatle song Oh la de Oh la Da..... That pretty much frames every action hear towards a happy ending where the family dances into blue bird of happiness land. Course the original Beatles song as all of em on that White Album had multiple levels of hidden meaning....in this case the song was actually about a husband and wife doing the transsexual/crossdresser role reversal tango. It's all in how Desmond and Molly interchange roles in the song. That would have made a really bizzare yet interesting story departure.

Unfortunately though, you took a more literal approach....within the cheating wife/forgiving cuckold trope that is the foundation of most of your works to date. Like many of these works....I find that the Cuckold husband's acceptance of the cheating wife....in the conclusion is at odds with the intransient and frankly justified rejection of said slut wife through most of the story. The sole justification for His frankly unbelievable acceptance deals with a bizarre interpretation of the Christian concepts of grace and mercy....which is nice....but frankly self serving in this context. Scripture clearly identifies that the sole justification for termination of a marriage is exactly the kind of sexual betrayal that Molly committed. Grace and mercy....are divine attributes...but the poser to live that level of agapo love is only realized by a transformation and empowerment through the internal act of the Holy Spirit from the inside out. None of that type of transformative work is alluded here. Therefore...the act of Desmond to use grace and mercy to his betraying wife is specious at best and frankly utterly a Deus ex Machine type of intervention that has no support from the text.

Grace and Mercy are nice.....but frankly, no marriage can exist or continue...without TRUST, HONOR, and FAITHFULNESS....as well as love. Molly has utterly trashed this marriage through her premeditated...even while drunk...repeated betrayal of her husband to gain the record contract. As such she has proven herself untrustworthy, and further has shown that her inner concept of her marriage is utilitarian. She has shown NO RESPECT for her husband whatsoever...and has proven that she will sacrifice ANYTHING to gain acclaim in her recording field.

The entire last page of this story is a tortuous attempt to justify the reconciliation....but frankly NOT ONCE do we see Molly facing her devaluation of the marriage nor her frank contempt for her husband in the tryst,. She is sorry she got caught and seeks to return to her happy prior state....but frankly the author does not address the reality that her very betrayal makes a return to that state virtually impossible. She and Desmond are now different people.... She has not identified, faced, nor repented of the mental perspectives that led to her betrayal....so that state still exists at the end of the story regardless of Desmond's forgiveness.... The happily ever after blue birds of happiness ending is unsupported.... With a similar temptation...She will again probably betray her family...because her base selfishness remains unaddressed

Cracker270Cracker270over 2 years ago

I know I cannot be the first to observe this. The BTB readers must have been terribly hurt at one time by a cheating spouse. I hurt for them. Randi you are a most talented writer and I enjoy most everything you present. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I'm more inclined to BTB stories and I hate RAAC stories, but not every reconciliation is an RAAC --Reconciliation AT ALL COSTS. The AT ALL COSTS is important. There are many degrees of betrayal and to me the lesser ones don't require that the bitch or bastard be burned. Some reconciliation stories work. A one-time fuckup, even if the wife's excuses are kind of lame, doesn't necessarily require the cheater to be nuked. 5 *s

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I liked when children act like adults, when adults act like children. Why do kids take to moral ethical values easier before hormones, sex and greed corrupt them? Glad music therapy could aid in family counseling. Writing new compositions should be revealing and also therapeutic.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Thanks for a very bitter-sweet love story and I hope you basically ignore the neighsayers.

rn2711rn2711about 2 years ago

I read some of the comments. Not all stories need to be BTB. The ones diserve RAAC consideration are like this one; a one time mistake where the person understands how terrible he behaved.

I think Desmond should have been more supportive toward Molly seeing the kids.

rn2711rn2711about 2 years ago

Reading parts of the story again, I'm not sure it's RAAC case anymore. The only reason she confesed is the videos. If the producer continued to blackmail her for sex she would have done it.

hardwood197037hardwood197037almost 2 years ago

I seldom comment on even the best stories on this, or any other site, but I felt compelled to make an exception for this one.

I enjoyed the way you mixed the lyrics of The Beatles song into the flow of the story and found myself smiling on several occasions . At the end of the story you masterfully used the lyrics to deliver the happily ever after and I smiled so hard that laughter ensued. I thank for making my day a little brighter.

As a life long Beatles fan I appreciated the song bio as well. I was unaware of that song's hiistory, so thanks again.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I enjoyed the story. For me, inclusion of the other two girls would be fine, not as punishment but if they wanted him and the three girls regularly made love as indicated what is the problem? Molly told him they both wanted him, they ate not apparently with anyone else. And if the three girls made a pact to protect the "family" they would all be safer.

And was Molly perhaps drugged? That is the first thing I would have wondered. Sleazy record producer, drugs and blackmail all seem to fit together.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Maybe in their situation, the "mercy" was the best that could be gotten out of everything... but while perhaps the perfect solution, it still sucked. We are all imperfect, she was drunk, and I'm the farthest from being violent, but for some sins, there really is not a suitable, harsh enough punishment. And innocents and young innocents around them would suffer if there were and it was administered. Some of us never recover. Years are not enough. At least she expressed sorrow. But I can't give it a 5.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Interesting story. Molly committed a grievous betrayal. Unlike many critics below I don't think she would have continued much longer with the blackmail sex even if the producer had not threatened other participants or releasing what he had to the Internet. This is seen by the toll it was taking her when she got back. Rachael and Janet had frozen her out. That in itself would bring things to light. It sounded like she was strongly under the influence the first time. She was blackmailed the second time and felt terrible about it. Yes the producer miscalculated by escalating but it wasn't his first time doing this. He did not count on her resolve to come clean nor her husband's icy resolve to get the videos back. But again I don't think she would have stayed with blackmail sex for long. She was sickened and taking showers and clearly felt awful. Impossible to hide anyways for long. Moreover the author did an excellent job of showing her remorse and being contrite. She begged for mercy. Not just forgiveness but mercy indicating she knew that she had no reason to expect it. If someone falls like that what more could she have done? Without the kids of course the MC would have burned her for good. But look at when she came back home how much effort she put into rebuilding trust. That was pretty unique. Some people (and marriages) deserve a second chance. Well done.

DessertmanDessertmanover 1 year ago

A real tear jerker. Rebuilding trust is the hardest thing to do, lost in a moment and years to recover, if ever.

This is the best reconciliation story I have read, well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I know it is all fiction BUT why is it that after the wife does the deed they are so repentant let hubby do what they want to do to them >>>>If they love hubby so much WHY FKN cheat in the first place (jaybee186)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A good and realistic reconciliation story....

JustplainjeffJustplainjeff12 months ago

Oh, my God! And here I thought I might be the last person on earth, not from the Caribbean who has heard of Desmond Dekker and The Aces. Great memories. Great story, as usual. But I've come to expect that quality. So has Deb.

IndyOnIndyOn9 months ago

Outstanding....*5*

DazzyDDazzyD8 months ago

You are a very special person! Live long and happy?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Good story, not a big fan of the "she's so horny when she plays she can't control herself". She's supposed to be an adult right? Also, Desmond allowed her to do so with her friends before so he nourished that behaviour. It was also his fault so his rage is misplaced.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Consequences and redemption. This why I get confused at polyamory and incest. It gets so complicated with monogamy and betrayal. Not to be so judgmental, author, but harem fantasies are indulgent. Nice literal explorations like sci-fi.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userblackrandl1958@blackrandl1958
I find it necessary to make some statement. I own my stories. They belong to me. I created them, the plot, the characters, the dialogue, the narration, all created by me. I retain copyright to them. No one has my permission to duplicate parts or all of my stories, either in te...