Obsession Ch. 01

Story Info
Do we really know anyone?
1.3k words
3.71
1.7k
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Debbie looked down at her phone for what felt like the hundredth time since the first time she started checking a half hour ago. There is no text or call from Lucy; Deb has been waiting for her at the restaurant for about 45 minutes now. Debbie knew her well enough that she could be a little late sometimes she's known the ditzy chick since junior high.

Looking around the restaurant that they met up at every week on Fridays for lunch, again, Hoping to see her somewhere in the restaurant, but no she wasn't anywhere in the establishment. Debbie had to be back at work in the next 30 minutes, she decided to order her food to go, and she decided that she would eat at her desk. She wasn't really feeling hungry right now anyway. She called Lucy's phone yet again hoping for her to pick up to find out why she didn't show up like she normally did, something felt off today, she just couldn't put her finger on it. She ended the voicemail with, " call me back ASAP. I'm worried about you."

Ten minutes later her food was ready, she grabbed the bag and hot footed it back to work that was located a couple blocks away from the restaurant. When she got back to work she realized it was a mistake wearing heels today.

The afternoon passed by at a snail's pace and there was still no contact of any kind from Lucy. The butterflies were starting to build up in her tummy and her anxiety wanted to kick in, so she took a couple deep breaths and chanted in her head everything will be ok over and over until her breathing started calming down. She called one last time before she left her job at five o'clock. She left another message saying, "I'm on my way to your place and if you're there I'm going to be so pissed since you never bothered to call me to let me know what's up or return my call or answered your damn phone when I called."

Debbie left her office, told her co-workers goodnight as she walked down the hall, through the lobby, and out the building's door, she hailed a cab, told the cabbie Lucy's address and he drove her across town to her condo.

When the cab pulled up to the expensive building she was really nervous for some reason and didn't know why besides the fact that her bestie seems to be MIA. She paid the cab fare and thanked the cabbie. When she walked into the front lobby of the expensive building she currently lives in she saw Ralph the concierge standing behind the granite countertop, he smiled when he recognized who she was, "Good evening Ms. Jones so nice to see you," He said .

"Good evening Ralph nice to see you too. I wanted to know if maybe Lucy was in because she didn't show up for our lunch date today and I am worried about her. I haven't heard from her at all today and was wondering if maybe she was sick or something." she said.

Looking around to see if she can see her anywhere in the building where she was standing and talking.

"She isn't in yet Ms. Jones, she left like she normally does every morning out the door by 7:15 am with a briefcase in one hand and her coffee cup in the other hand. She yelled have a good day to me as she ran out the lobby doors and hailed a cab. I watched her get in the cab and take off. Nothing seemed different from any other morning. She usually arrives back here around 7:30 pm," he replied. With a look of concern on his face. " Are you okay Miss Jones you look a bit frazzled?" he asked.

The butterflies in Debbie's tummy were starting up again. Where is Lucy? She wondered.

"No no, everything's just fine, have her give me a call when she gets in please?" she said after a moment of thinking of what to say.

"Will do Mrs. Jones and have a good evening." Ralph said.

"You too Ralph I will talk to you another time." she smiled and walked towards the elegant frosted glass doors of the expensive condominium building.

Debbie walked out of the tall double glass doors and looked up towards the sky when she stepped out on the sidewalk. There were angry looking clouds that hung over the city of New York. She felt so lost right now where is the bitch at she thought to herself.

She started walking towards her own apartment that was about seven blocks away going south. She kept looking at the pedestrians as she passed them to see if she saw her anywhere; this is the longest she hasn't talked to her.

Her feet started hurting again because she wore the same damn heels from earlier, she should have left her flip-flops on, but she left them back at the office like a ding dong, after she started limping from the heels, she was certain that her feet were in fact bleeding, she decided it would be better to hail a cab and ride the rest of the way home. She was sure her feet would thank her if they talked.

A couple minutes later the cab dropped her off in front of her apartment building. Feeling elated she was finally home, when she entered the building she stopped by the mailbox central, grabbed her mail and made her way up to her apartment on the fifth floor. She likes to take the stairs since she is too lazy to go to the gym. She was debating on taking the elevator or not but that is how she works on her fabulous ass and to die for calves.

When she finally reached her stoop she felt the burn and it felt good. She unlocked her door and walked in. she stopped dead in her tracks. Her apartment was ransacked. Her couch was turned on its back and cushions were thrown everywhere, her curtains which she took a few months trying to find the perfect ones were shredded on the floor in a messy heap.

She wanted to cry, but instead she grabbed her cell and was about to call Lucy to vent when she noticed her laptop was missing. NO anything but that damnit. She looked around the apartment in disgust. she threw her mail on her second hand coffee table that she refurbished herself making it modern and antique at the same time, that's when she saw a plain white envelope with her name scribbled on the outside of it, it looked like Lucy's chicken scratch writing.

Debbie grabbed up the envelope and ripped it open in a hurry. She gave herself a paper cut; she popped her bleeding fore finger in her mouth to stop the bleeding, she scanned the letter in record time so fast that it made her dizzy. When she reads the words I love u always Lucy. She felt lightheaded, she dropped the letter and grabbed her phone and called her. Of course it went straight to voicemail and was told that her mailbox was full.

Feeling defeated she slumped down in her armchair dropping her head between her knees because she was feeling that familiar tug of anxiety slowly making its way to the surface. but that remedy didn't seem to be working so she jumped up from the chair and started pacing her small living room while nibbling on her pinky fingernail trying to think where the hell Lucy was.

After pacing she decided to take a xanax to see if that will calm her down some. She just couldn't get that letter out of her head, the one part that hurt the most was I'm not who u think I am.

Should I post chapter 2?