Of Fiends and Misfortune Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Hardly."

They sat there, huddled together to fight off the crisp autumn air, waiting for the tea to provide some relief to Jack's aching body. The pair turned the conversation to more benign matters, watching the last of The Festival's drunken celebrants stumble towards their evening destinations, and Jack made sure to forward the regards from Marina's many concerned patrons.

"And everyone was kind to you?" Marina looked up at him through suspicious eyes.

"Yes," Jack laughed. "Exceptionally so."

"If you say so." She sat up and stretched her arms above her head as she yawned, showing off her figure in a subtle way that gave Jack a flash of filthy ideas. "You ready to turn in for the night?" She suggested, sleepily.

He nodded, reminding himself not to expect anything. The day had been longer than either of them anticipated.

As they headed towards the Alchemist's cottage, a distant sound of mix-matched music and voices could be heard.

"Holy Hells, I almost forgot about the after party!" Marina gasped and twirled on her heel to face Jack. "Can we please go? Please? Just for one quick drink." She looked up at him, eyes somehow even larger and more sparkling than ever, like she might simply die if he were to say no.

"Sure, sounds like fun." And that was true. However, at the moment, the beautiful woman could have asked Jack to gouge out his one remaining good eye and he would have considered it. Gods be damned, she would make a good criminal, wouldn't even have to try. He stifled a smile.

As they entered into the Lonely Goat Tavern, it was clear that the worker's party was already in full swing. Tieflings donning black robes were making up for the time they had lost in the last three days by rapidly emptying kegs, devouring trays of delicacies, and alleviating each other's lust in every darkened corner. It vaguely reminded Jack of the parties the Cloak and Daggers held, sans bloodshed.

"Marina!" The pair turned towards a voice that was weaving its way through the crowd.

"Lilly!" Marina yelled over the loud celebration, as a familiar face emerged and embraced her.

"I was wondering when you would get here. Oh, you brought your lovely assistant!" Lilly quipped as the two women separated. "Good to see you again, Jack!" She gave a quick wave, as he realized this was the woman who propositioned him at the Town Hall, now fully clothed. Jack weakly smiled and waved back. "Well, come on, we managed to snag one of the back rooms before the damn bards could claim it."

The three weaved their way back through the crowded bar. It was an unusual feeling for Jack: to push his way between patrons and not receive a single look of disgust in return. A few people even gave friendly apologies as they politely stepped out of the way. They eventually found their way to an open doorway along the back wall of the tavern.

While much more subdue than the main tap room, there was still a jovial aura as the twenty or so occupants enjoyed their well-earned rest. They split from Lilly, and Marina led Jack around the warm room, greeting and introducing him to people at such rapid fire, he would never remember any of their names. He felt a bit like a prized race horse, being paraded about as gamblers placed their bets.

He learned he was the newest addition this group had seen in some time, which explained their fascination. After introductions, the pair floated from table to table, attempting to make casual conversation over a game of cards or the giant pipe someone managed to drag in from the smoking hut. However, the discussion always came back around to Jack: where did he hail from, what did he do there, what happened to his eye, was he the Jack from Adria's story, how did he come back to life, on and on and on. While their curiosity was far from malicious, Jack found himself employing the same tactics he was trained to use during an interrogation. He stayed as close to the truth as possible, without revealing any harrowing details about his life back in Hillsfar. He was Jack, a simple lost scout, who just narrowly managed to escape the two evil men in the spiders' den. Not Jack, the accomplished, yet despised cutthroat, who left a man to die slowly and painfully under a tree and another just now outside of the village wall.

Marina was of great assistance throughout her friends' probing; stepping in to fill the blanks of their times together, as well as handling the ribbing that came with it. She reminded the group of her sister's love of partial truths when questioned about the details of Adria's story. Any embarrassment quickly turned to cautious pride as she shamelessly peppered in subtle compliments and affectionate touches.

After some time, the party seemed satisfied with their assessment and turned the conversation to more standard topics. Jack took this respite as an opportunity to make his way over to an empty loveseat in order to collect his thoughts. He wasn't used to socializing with such large groups for so long, let alone being the center of attention. He relaxed on the small sofa, sipping from his mug of mead, and peacefully observed the crowd.

He watched as Marina drifted from table to table, attracting conversations like a flame attracts moths. She occasionally glanced back to him, the pair exchanging smiles, before she moved on to the next group.

Then, like heat-lightening in a dark night sky, the memories of his first, and only other, romantic 'relationship' back in Hillsfar flashed and shattered the peaceful quiet in his mind.

It was years ago, but he remembered every detail perfectly. The fencer's apprentice: pretty, kind, witty, and insistent they keep their interactions completely professional in the presence of others. But, once alone, begged him to hold her, kiss her, comfort her from the many unpleasantries that came with a life of reselling stolen goods. She never asked for more than that, and Jack never pushed her.

They kept up the façade for weeks, until they were interrupted by another apprentice. He remembered how loud she screamed at the sight of them, and how quickly his former companion exclaimed he was taking her by force. The sting of the slap across his face, and the immense pain that followed two weeks later when her family sought 'revenge' against him with fists, boots, and daggers.

He remembered the sickening 'congratulations' he received from the worst of the worst among his fellow mercenaries, the only other people willing to even associate with him afterwards. He spent the years that followed replaying every moment they spent together, wondering if, at any point, he had inadvertently forced her. He knew he could be intimidating, maybe she felt she had no choice?

But then, when they finally crossed paths again by chance, she politely smiled and waved at him. Like she was greeting an old friend, showing no signs of fear for herself or the tiny infant she held in her arms. Like she had no idea of the wreckage she had caused him. He never found out why she said what she said, but it was clear no woman wants to be caught willingly canoodling with the town monster.

"Hello? Toril to Jack, you there?" A hand waved in front of his face, bringing him back to the lively tavern. "Are you okay?" Lily stood in front of him.

"Yeah, I'm fine." He blinked hard, his eyes surprisingly dry. "Just tired."

"Mind if I join you?" She asked, nodding to the empty seat beside him.

"Not at all." He replied, stiffly sliding to one side of the sofa.

"Apologies if our earlier meeting made you feel awkward. You came upon me during a Festival shift." She slyly smiled at him as she sat down, and Jack couldn't help but wonder if she was still wearing the same thigh-high tights under her breeches. "On most days, I serve as Alyssim's healer of the mind. I actually work very closely with Marina, and I didn't realize you two were involved. Not that she would have minded, I'm sure."

"It's fine." He said as flatly as possible. He could overhear Marina bragging about Jack rescuing the ill-fated guard at the end of the evening. They were involved together. No shame, no secrecy, no town monster.

"Are you two planning on staying for awhile?" Lily nodded to Jack's nearly empty glass.

"I don't think so. Marina said she just wanted to stop in for one quick drink."

The dark-haired woman laughed. "That's a 'yes', then. I've seen that woman stretch a 'quick drink' for hours."

Marina caught them staring at her and moseyed over to the loveseat. "What are you two going on about?" She asked playfully.

"I'm just apologizing to dear Jack here for our awkward meeting earlier. You sent the poor man to deliver potions when I was working at Town Hall." Lilly replied.

"Oh yes, your little scheme to get paid to celebrate the festival, while the rest of us scramble down at the clinic." Marina leaned over the arm of the sofa and reached to squeeze Lily's shoulder.

"Hey now, since I started offering open-door sexual relief, worker complaints cut down by 30%. People don't work well during a Fuck Festival if they're sexually frustrated. It's not my fault I have a kink for being used at will." Lilly put her own arm around Marina's waist. "If you're that sore about it, you can always join me next year. I bet we would make a killing as a team. People would probably pay a shit-ton just to watch." Lilly buried her face between Marina's large breasts, making the fabric of her dress stretch over her stiffening nipples.

"Sstoopp." Marina giggled, despite holding her friend's head against her chest for a moment. Lilly obeyed, unfastening the top shank of Marina's dress with her teeth before pulling away.

"Oh dear, I think we broke him." Lilly tittered, nodding to a stunned Jack.

Jack cleared his throat and blinked. "No, I'm fine. Please, by all means, continue." He leaned into the corner of the arm and back of the sofa.

"Hm, maybe another time. I'm going to do another round. You two have a good night." Lilly stood up, giving Marina a small squeeze on the rear and flashing Jack a wink before she sauntered off.

The gasping woman slid off the armrest and into the seat beside Jack, then nestled herself under his arm. The open shank of her dress revealed both her deep cleavage and breathlessness. Jack needed to choose his next words carefully. "Lilly seems fun." He finally said.

"She can be." She softly said, placing a hand on his lap. "Did you two end up having 'fun' this afternoon?" Marina asked coyly.

"What? Of course not!"

Marina sat up and looked at him, tilting her head with genuine curiosity. "Well, why not? You don't think she's attractive?"

"No, it's not that. I was just... focused. On finishing my task. And..." He took a deep breath, gently gripping the fabric of his robe as he looked away. "I don't want to assume anything, but I was hoping we could spend another night together, if you wanted."

Her expression warmed as she rested her wrist on his good shoulder, softly twisting the ends of his hair between her fingertips. "You're sweet." He closed his eyes, relaxing into her soothing tugs. "I always forget how insular newcomers can be when it comes to sex. Jack, if you had utilized Lilly's services earlier, that would have no effect on my desire to spend the evening with you." She smiled at him.

Never before had he so greatly desired the ability to turn back time. "So, I guess you two really are close..."

"Well, yes, but honestly, you're welcome to bed as many women as you like. I just request you get a bath in between; sticky and sweaty isn't my type."

Jack was confused. He knew of many people back in Hillsfar who had multiple sexual companions. Those people were usually of low moral character and kept all their partners a secret from one another. Thinking back, Adria and Tristan were the first pair who seemed indifferent to infidelity, despite some thin level of loyalty to one another.

"So, if I was to walk over to Lilly right now, and ask her to come to bed with me, you wouldn't be upset?"

"Well, I would be a little hurt..." She pouted at him. "Because you're choosing her, while I've been waiting for you to ask me the same thing all night..." She leaned into him, her chest pressing against his, hands desirously circling his upper thigh.

"Oh... did you want to get out of here then?" He let his arm wrap around her waist to pull her close.

"Hm, I thought you'd never ask." She pecked his cheek before swiftly guiding him out of the tavern, not pausing to say goodbye to anyone.

The quick journey back to Marina's cottage felt torturously long as Jack strode behind her, unable to keep his eyes off of her voluptuous backside. As they traveled, her thin tail swayed from side to side, accentuating a small jiggle each time her foot met the path. Even as the cabin came into view, Jack was dangerously tempted to pause their travel to find out exactly how that ass looked when bouncing against his cock instead.

In time that was likely much shorter than it felt, they had made it. Marina burst through the door, only giving Jack a moment to carefully kick it closed behind him before pressing her lips to his.

She was slowly, but steadily, guiding them to the bedroom as her tongue intertwined deeper with his. Her hands glided along his back, neck, and face, points of pressure applied in such a way that made him groan in both relaxation and desire. He allowed his touch to explore her as well, carefully avoiding the tempting curves of her chest or backside. As much as he tried to erase the memory of his evening with Adria, her lessons were in the forefront of his thoughts: no touching any part unless you ask first, or you're invited.

Despite the pair being seemingly alone in the cottage, Marina broke their kiss to draw the curtain of her bedroom closed behind them. She turned back towards him, the open shank of her dress displaying the flushed lavender skin of her chest.

Jack remained motionless as she began rubbing the fabric of his robe's collar between her fingers, letting the garment open slightly. "Will this really be your first time?" She asked smoothly, seemingly fascinated by the uncovering of his broad chest.

LIE! You damned idiot, just lie! "Why... do you ask?" He finally answered after a disconcertingly long pause.

"Because," she replied, wrapping her arms around his midsection and resting her chin on his breast bone. "If it is, I'd like to know how you always imagined it would be. That way, I can fulfill that fantasy to the best of my abilities." She placed an ear to his chest. If his tightening grip around her shoulders didn't reveal his reaction, his bounding heartbeat certainly did.

"I... never really imagined anything specific..." That was the truth. Before finding out about Alyssim's existence, he had assumed he was just going to die a virgin. It was an easier fate to accept if he didn't envision scenarios that would never come to be, never letting a fantasy linger longer than a snippet of a moment.

"Hm, well, if you think of anything, please, please do not hesitate to ask." She took a single step back and held a clasped shank of her dress. "But for now, how about we get these clothes out of the way, hm?" She slowly undid each button, watching Jack's eyes dart between her emerging breasts, and her own smirking gaze. Her lips were a deeper shade of rose than before. She briefly bit her bottom lip; letting it whiten as it slipped under her teeth, popping back to its full color when released. Her dress fell to the floor.

After allowing him to savor the glorious view of her bared body, Marina reached out to him, slipped her hands into his robe, and wrapped them around his waist. Her fingertips felt cool and soft on his still-tender skin, the sharp edges of her fingernails creating gooseflesh as they grazed across his back. With a few smooth motions over his chest and shoulders, his robe was on the ground.

She pressed into him, urging them to step away from their puddle of clothing. He could feel the tips of her stiff nipples on his ribs, firmly compressed as she flattened her breasts against him. The underside of his rigid member rested on her soft belly. Jack closed his eyes and buried his face into the mess of dark red hair on the top of her head, the hollow space below his cheek bones sliding between her horns.

His hands, well-trained for even the most stressful of missions, uncharacteristically trembled as he traced the curves of her back. She reached back and pulled the shaky fingers to her lips. "Relax," she said softly, gently kissing the tops of his knuckles.

"I'm sorry, I just-"

She cut him off with another kiss.

"I just want to touch you everywhere..." He sighed as they pulled apart, unsure how else to ask. Whenever she touched him, kissed him, let her body rest upon his; it was like his mind ceased to function. While frustrated with his temporary inability to form cohesive thoughts, he was grateful, as it also stripped away his tendency to spiral. Nagging doubts of his masculine merit would threaten to bubble up, only to be smothered by the simple caress of flesh against flesh.

"Oh," Marina said, in playful contemplation. "Well, that's not very specific... For example, I'm not sure if you'd rather be holding onto my ass," she lightly held his wrists and stood on her tip toes, encouraging Jack to get a firm hold of her curvaceous rump. His knees bent to lower his height, letting his grip tighten. His fingers, acting on their own accord now, wandered closer to the wet heat between her legs.

Marina sighed in satisfaction as her thighs slowly spread. It was just enough for Jack to realize, if it wasn't for his injured shoulder, how easy it would have been to lift her up by that perfect ass, hold her against the wall, and impale her needy cunt over and over again.

As her legs parted just a bit more, Jack could feel the very tip of his cock brush against her dampened folds. Marina gasped and took a small step back to sit on the edge of the bed, leaving him reeling. Her hands outstretched to reach for his.

"Or would you prefer my tits?" She smiled up at him as she placed his hands onto her full, soft breasts.

He gently squeezed each lavender mound of flesh, the hard nipples like little pebbles of arousal against his palms. With a soft moan, she opened her knees, allowing him to step closer. As he stood over her seated figure, his erection rested perfectly in the dip of her cleavage.

"How would you like to fuck me, Jack?" She spoke deliberately, her eyes fixated on Jack's as she leaned forward slightly, bringing her flushed face closer to his throbbing cock. "I promise there is no wrong answer." The tip of her tongue delicately circled the underside of his shaft, right where it met the sensitive head. She tremored and moaned as a bead of arousal dribbled into her mouth.

If you don't stop soon, we won't get the chance...He thought, watching his cock twitch against her pillowy tits with every flick of her skilled tongue. It was clear that she was not going to release him until he decided, and he let the words flow from his mind unfiltered.

"I want it to be like when we met in the smoking hut, but what would have happened if we didn't stop." He recalled the intensity of the previous night, the first time they kissed.

"Just be careful of this side," she gingerly reached up to touch his right bicep. "I don't want to have to pause to patch you up again." She smiled as he nodded.

She gracefully slid her body all the way onto the bed, her hand sliding down his arms before tightly clutching just the tips of his fingers. Jack followed her lead, kneeling on the mattress, his knees carefully spreading her thighs.

He could see all of her, and his eyes trailed from her stunning face, down her voluptuous body, to her glistening pussy.