Ogres and Ogresses Ch. 22

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She turned to her brother, her friend, the sharer in her burden, and in some deeply repressed part of her, the only human man she could have ever loved. She reached up and touched his face, memorizing every line, every angle, and every fold of skin. His translucent eyelashes fluttered against her thumb and she pulled herself back.

"I will miss you too," she said finally. "And you have to promise me something. If anything happens..."

"Zyra..."

She shook her head. No, he would not interrupt her, not now. "Listen to me Rell. If anything happens and I'm not here, you have to take care of them for me. I know you will."

They reached the point. Zyra gave Rell a sad smile and pulled away her hand. She took a step back and tried to keep herself together, for his sake. He gazed at her with some unknown intense emotion, one she feared, and she gasped when he grabbed her by her hand.

"Rell," she protested, but he pulled her into him and held her neck with his other hand.

"Forgive me," he whispered. Bending low he kissed her. This kiss wasn't like the others. It wasn't for show, it wasn't out of curiosity or with hesitation, and it wasn't sweet. Rell's mouth on her lips made her eyes pop open wide. He stole her breath and she was stunned to feel a coarse shiver dart down her spine. His tongue wrapped around hers and she felt weak. How? No, she...

Before she could overthink it, it was over. When he pulled away she saw his lips were a deep rosy pink. She could feel heat on her face, a combination of shock, embarrassment, guilt, his warm breath, and her arousal.

Cautiously, Zyra took a step back.

"Just in case I never get to tell you how I feel," Rell said with a small smile. "Consider the matter discussed."

Zyra gulped a lump of tension down her throat. "B-But Rair. I-I thought you two..."

"Not everything requires thought Zyra," Rell said chuckling. "You're so knowledgeable and you still don't understand that."

Zyra blushed and watched his face go serious. "I won't touch you again Zyra, not unless you ask me. Come home alright. Please come home."

She nodded jerkily. Rell faced away from her and without another word walked towards his father.

She waited for another minute, maybe two, maybe more. She watched him until his body could fit between her thumb and forefinger, then until he disappeared altogether, and then a little after. She didn't realize how long she had been standing there until she felt Ginger's hand on her shoulder.

Looking at her she saw Ginger eyeing her with pity.

"So...you and Kail...?"

"Still together."

"Ah."

"You don't sound convinced."

"It's your life sweetie. Come on, let's go."

"Okay."

Zyra followed after her and headed towards Ginger's tent. He would have went to Kail's but, she was too afraid. Too afraid that instead of seeing the beautiful man in front of her, the man she had claimed to love burned in her eyelids, she might see someone...blonde.

_________________________________________________

The next day Zyra managed to work Rell out of her mind enough to go to Kail. He was sitting on the roof, assessing the damage.

"How is it?" she called up.

His head snapped to her predatorily, and she raised a wary eyebrow.

"Kail?"

He jumped down from the roof in a fluid moment, a seductive smirk on his face.

"It'll do."

"Can you live in it?"

"For the most part. The damage is minimal, unless it rains."

"I see."

Those were her last words. He didn't allow her time to say words. Her clothes lay discarded on the forest floor and she settled for wearing him for the rest of the afternoon. There was no reason for discretion now that the whole village knew she was doing the ogre.

Their lovemaking wasn't kind. Without the orgasms, Zyra wasn't sure if she would have called it pleasant either. To be honest, their bodies were arched with desperation. Their tongues and fingers filled the silence of the words they were afraid to say. Zyra clung to him, needing him more than ever. He was tight, closed even in his caresses. Something lay heavy on his mind. Unable to take it anymore she put a hand on his chest and pulled back.

"Stop," she breathed.

"What?"

"Tell me."

He looked startled, pulling out of her, slick with her juices. "What do you mean?"

"Tell me what's bothering you," she begged. "Talk to me. Please."

"You want to talk now?" he asked incredulously. "Right now?"

He smirked. "Clearly I'm not doing this right." He nibbled her neck but she pushed him back again.

"No," she protested. "It's not...genuine. You're not here with me. I need you here with me." Her eyes filled with worry. "Kail...did I do something? Did you...see something you didn't like?"

"Like what?"

"I don't know. Rell and I maybe. Me holding his hand or..."

"I don't care what you did for appearance," he snapped. His yellow eyes examined her. "Unless of course...you do?"

"No," she spat. "Don't be ridiculous."

They stared at one another for a minute until Kail reached for her again. When he began his methodical fucking of her she didn't stop him. Instead she let him mime the motions until they both had a satisfactory climax. When it was over she lay on top of him and closed her eyes.

Silence followed her departure and she was angry when she arrived back to her tent. A pair of eyes watched her return.

Kyzu saw her sister slip grumpily into her tent. Good, now that their lust was out of the way she and the ogre could have a little chat. Gathering her skirts up, she proceeded into the forest. She wasn't a fan of going deep into the woods. She didn't know much about it and so she wasn't comfortable. Kyzu could gather a herb or two but if something tried to eat her the most she could do was run. No matter, as long as she hurried before dark she should be fine, she reasoned.

The ogre's dwelling was surprisingly easy to find. Granted she had been there several times, but never had she gone by herself. The deeper part of the forest was deceptive. Trees looked like other trees, and one could become lost in an instant. Perhaps the smell of smoke aided her journey.

She was happy to hear the sound of someone inside. Good, she didn't like to wait. Walking to his door, she knocked three measured times. Kail came to the door in nothing but a pair of tight pants. Kyzu's eyes went straight to his groin, and then respectfully back up.

Damn, no wonder Zyra thought it was love.

At first Kail's face had been tired and irritated, but after seeing who it was it registered surprise.

"Aren't you going to let me in?" she asked.

He opened the door and stepped to the side.

She sidestepped a scorch mark, coughed quickly at the smoky residue that sat in the air.

"In fact leave the door open," she said.

She swept around it gracefully and found a stool that suited her needs. She moved it away from the gaping hole in the ceiling that rained flakes of ash. Behind her she heard the ogre rustling. When Kyzu was comfortable, she saw Kail had put on a shirt. Hm, a pity.

"You wanted to talk to me?" Kail asked in his low melodic rasp.

"Yes," Kyzu declared. "I want to know how you feel about my sister."

"Is that all?"

"Yes, that's all."

"Oh, well then I love her. Was there anything else you needed my Chieftess?"

Kyzu smiled, her passive aggressive nature rearing its ugly head. "Oh Kail we have much to discuss. If I wanted a simple yes or no I would have asked you before. No. Sit down, stay a while."

Kail repressed a growl and took a seat on another stool.

"Now," Kyzu said, "She's said something along the same lines. I'm not here to stop you if that's what you're worried about. I am well aware that she is an adult and can make her own decisions. Even so, she is my sister and I do have a right to know your intentions."

"Forgive me for saying this," Kail said testily, "But your interests as a sister have not always been so strong. Why should I tell you now?"

Kyzu nodded, her smile concealing the pain from the jab. "I admit that I may not have been the best sister, but I have always loved my sister and want the best for her, even in my weakest forms. But let us focus on Zyra shall we?"

Kyzu leaned in, the smile thinning into a line. "Now tell me Kail the ogre, my sister is going into that awful place. Can you help her?"

Kail shook his head. "No."

"Is there anything you can do?"

"No."

Kyzu chuckled mirthlessly, her eyes cruel. "Then what good are you?"

"As good as you I supposed."

She smiled sadly. "Yes, I supposed our uselessness is shared. But I have one thing you lack. Something that is essential for Zyra."

Kail raised an eyebrow. "Oh really? What is that?"

Kyzu stood. Her tall regal frame did not

tower over Kail even sitting, but she was commanding. Kyzu was a born ruler.

"Incentive." She pressed her palms together. "I have a young daughter named Nima that Zyra almost died to save and will do anything to get back to. I have myself who despite my faults has spent most of my life being a devoted sister to her, and I have a village filled with friends she adores and a family to return to. I provide her grounding. She will return because we call to her. We may not be able to help her when she leave, but we will bring her back."

Kyzu's eyes cut into Kail accusingly. "What do you offer?"

"Love," Kail seethed. "All that I am. All that I ever will be—"

"Good," Kyzu snapped. "She needs love. But is it enough? What will she do to get back into your arms?"

She stepped up to him and bore her light brown eyes into his golden ones. "Is your love enough to bring her home?"

Kail couldn't lie to her. "I don't know," he said honestly.

Kyzu frowned and headed for the door. "I didn't think so. It's too young, too fragile and new. Too built on physicality instead of true bonds."

"You think we don't have—"

"I'm not sure what you have," Kyzu admitted. She headed for the door and looked at the ogre once more, with contempt. "I won't think that you took advantage of her, no, that would be cruel. What I will say is this, you need to be honest with each other. You need to close whatever keeps you apart. Make yourself useful Kail, I need Zyra to come back more than I have ever needed anything. Make sure she knows that you feel the same way."

With that Kyzu left.

Kail sighed and laid down on his furs. There was so much Zyra didn't know about him, who he was, how he came to be. Their whirlwind romance was becoming more and more of a passing storm. Maybe they had been too rash. If half mating her was half drawn by his loneliness, does that mean his feelings were real? He had wanted her for so long. He had become a better person because of her. Why wasn't that enough? How much more did he have to give? He closed his eyes. He did have one thing to offer her It was a promise, a new start off in a place without ties or duties and payments to be made; a paradise. He would ask her tomorrow.

Zyra licked her lips. She was dry, so dry. She needed water. As the thought came to her she felt a cup placed into her hand. She pressed it to her lips and tasted the cool crisp water slide down her throat. She let out sigh of relief. Her eyes fluttered open as she sat up.

"Thank yo—"

It died on her lips. She stared at herself, or at least what she had always assumed herself to be.

"I..."

"I'm you," she said.

Zyra's eyes widened. "I'm...dreaming."

She watched her lips twitch up into a smirk. She snickered, seemingly in disbelief herself.

"Believe what you want," she said sighing. "I always do anyways."

Zyra looked over this strange reflection of herself. It was her, and yet...not. There was a strange womanly quality about her, something she couldn't quite put her finger on. Her hair was long, a mishmash of stray braids with beads and choppy front bits. She looked wild, feral even. Her sharp green eyes made Zyra feel like a child. It was the strangest encounter she had ever had.

"Listen to me very carefully." She put her hands on hers and Zyra gasped.

"I...I can feel you."

"Zyra please."

"I can feel, you."

Zyra pulled back from this woman but she advanced, her eyes growing hard.

"We don't have time for this Zyra. We have to be braver than that."

"How can I feel you? Tell me how!"

The woman grabbed her and forced her to surrender her arm. Hastily she pulled away her bandages, revealing the concealed tattoo. It was then that Zyra noticed something new about this Zyra, something that changed everything.

"You're..."

"Shut up," she snapped. She took her hand and held it tightly. White power began to seep from her, and it curled from her markings into Zyra's.

"Listen very closely," she said in a dangerous voice. "You remember everything I say and don't tell a soul, or everyone we love will be erased."

A cold shiver went down her spine. "They'll die?"

The other Zyra shook her head gravely. "No, I said erased." She sighed. "I wish I could tell you more, but it could change everything but what needs to change."

She squeezed her hand tighter and a vision entered her mind. She shook as a red jewel flashed in her mind.

"You have to remember Zyra," she said firmly. "Look at it. See what I see. Can you see it?"

"Yes."

"Good. It's on the sword. You have to take it off as soon as you can. Then you have to hide it. Then...you have to forget."

She squeezed her tighter, her teeth gritting from an unseen effort. "Forgetting is the most crucial part Zyra. If you do not forget, all is lost."

"How?"

"I can't tell you that." She watched as a tear fell from the other Zyra's eye and she reached out to wipe it away. The soft brown skin was cold, so cold.

"Am I dying?"

The other Zyra smiled at her brightly. "No. I am dying."

"I thought you were me."

"I was," she said sadly. "But I can't be, not anymore. Now that you know what you must do, my future, the one of death, is gone."

Zyra cried out as the woman's grip released and she buckled to the ground. She scooped herself up, screaming for Ginger, Kyzu, anyone to help her.

"I can save you!" Zyra cried. "Don't do this! Become someone else, anyone else, just stay!"

"It'll be alright Zyra," she breathed. She reached up and caressed her face. "It will all be okay."

"I don't want to lose you!"

"You have to," she coughed. She pressed a hand to her lips, when she pulled back there was blood on her palm.

Heavy tears began to stream down Zyra's face and she screamed at the top of her lungs for someone's help.

"HELP! PLEASE! ANYONE HELP ME!"

"If you...lose...m-me..." She smiled a beautiful smile, her gaze glazing over. "Just find me...again."

She pressed a hand to Zyra's chest, and closed her eyes. When her heart stopped, Zyra began to shake. The feeling of watching herself die could not be compared to anything she had ever experienced before.

So, she let all of her pain out in a vicious, painful, scream.

_________________________________________________

"Zyra!"

She blinked to find herself being shaken by Ginger.

"Wake up!"

"I'm awake," she croaked.

Rair burst through the tent, her eyes wild with fear. She took in Zyra's disheveled state. The tears still fell, she couldn't make it stop.

"What happened?" Ginger said, her voice

trembling. "Zyra...I have never been so frightened before. What happened to you? Was it a bad dream?"

"I can't," Zyra breathed. She closed her eyes and took deep breaths. Her heart was bashing dangerously inside her chest. If she didn't calm down it might come loose.

"I need help."

"How can we help you?" Rair asked.

Gharla burst through a second later.

"What the hell is going on?"

"Did I wake the village?"

Gharla's brow furrowed. "Don't worry about that Zyra. What hap—"

"I don't remember. I think it was...a dream. I'm sorry. Please settle down the village. For me."

Gharla studied her for a moment longer and sighed heavily. "Yes my huntress."

Reluctantly, she went off to calm down the villagers.

Zyra held her head in her hands.

"You don't have to go."

She looked up at Rair, whose dark eyes burned like fire. She stared at her with something she couldn't understand. Whatever it was, it was fierce.

"We will protect you Zyra," she said, leaning towards her. "I give you my word. I swear it."

"It's not..." Zyra was about to say, "It's not about that."

Yet, that is what it was. It was a dream congealing all her fears and horrors into one. It was a prophecy of the pain to come, and the promise. She had been...she was everything she had ever wanted for herself, even as she lay dying.

"Can you please help Gharla, Rair?

Rair looked at her, her eyes struggling to say what her mouth could not. She stood abruptly and walked out angrily.

"You could have been kinder," Ginger said sighing. She rubbed her back.

Zyra smirked, a twitch to the lip that was hers, and hers alone.

"Yes, you're right. I did not turn out very kind."

When morning came, Zyra walked straight to Kail's dwelling. She found him trying to patch up the scarred roof with dried thrushes and some kind of strange sap.

He was shirtless, a thin sheen lying on his clenching muscles. His earring glinted briefly in the light, masked by his russet red hair that curled down the slope of his neck. She swallowed. Gosh, would he ever stop having that effect on her?

A golden eye slanted in her direction and her breath caught. He smirked in amusement.

"Have a good look?"

Zyra crossed her arms, returning the look with defiance. "My eyes aren't what they used to be. You might have to come closer."

He put his tools down and swung his legs over to the side of the wall.

"How close?"

"Closer."

Kail jumped down, creating a small cloud of dust. He wiped his hands on his trousers, stepping forward until he was in front of her.

"Better?" he asked.

She shook her head. "No. Closer."

With a grin he placed his large warm hands on her waist and pulled her forward.

"How's that?" he growled lowly.

Her mouth watered in anticipation. She was thrilled by his touch, excited by the surge of lust that greeted her when she saw him working. She placed a hand on his muscled arm, trailing her fingers up his beautiful shoulder.

"Not close enough," she breathed. Her hand reached up, threading her fingers in his hair. "Not nearly close enough."

Kail chuckled, pulling her body flush against his, his hard masculine lines melting her soft ones.

"Well Zyra..." he whispered in a low deep voice. "If I was any closer to you, I'd be inside you."

"Now we're getting somewhere," Zyra replied in an equally seductive voice.

Kail kissed her neck, a slow, soft, caress of the lips that made her moan. He picked her up, holding her by her butt, and she wrapped her arms around his neck. Moaning she dove in for a hot, steamy kiss. She had been about to slip her tongue into his mouth when he pulled back abruptly.

"What?" she asked, startled.

His eyes were dark with desire, but they were also concentrated. He narrowed his eyes.

"Zyra, what's wrong?"

She stiffed. "What makes you think—"

"You always initiate sex when something is wrong. What are you running from?"

Zyra scoffed in indignation, wiggling in his arms. "I don't only initiate when something's wrong."

"You do."

"Not all of the time!"

"So nothing is wrong right now?"

Zyra ground her teeth and unraveled her arms from his neck. "Put me down."

"No."

Kail's eyes cut her with their keenness. He held onto her tighter as she began to push away from him.

"No?"

"You heard me."

She unraveled her legs from his waist but he twisted them back, grinding her closer than before.

She stopped, her anger temporarily forgotten when her center brushed his thick manhood. He didn't seem to notice, too busy being analytical.