"OH, S..T, NOT YOU!" Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I SAID DRINK IT!!!" shouted James. He scowled at Stu, and muttered under his breath, "We have to get going."

He drank the coffee and shrugged into his clothes. He asked his brother-in-law what he was doing here.

"I'm sorry Carol isn't home right now, but she'll be home, err, uhh, soon."

"I doubt it. She's in a coma, in the hospital."

That was when Stuart lost it, spitting coffee all over the bathroom, and screamed, "What did that asshole do to her? I'll kill them, I swear to Christ, I'll kill them all!!"

James was stunned.

"What asshole? What are you talking about??"

"The asshole she hooked up with. She was...... OH, SHIT, YOU DON'T KNOW, DO YOU?"

Now James was a little more pissed.

"NO, I DON'T. But I soon will. Spill it. ALL of it. I like you, but you don't want to try my feelings for you where my sister is concerned. I want the truth."

Now Carol was only his half-sister, but that shit was for other people. He couldn't stand Eugene, hated him even, but that was between his mother and the jerk. He loved his mother no end and his younger brother and half-sister were family. James stared at Stuart and tried to calm down.

Stuart, for his part, disintegrated. James had seen this type of reaction over in the desert when a guy got bad news from home. Death in the family, or a 'Dear John' letter. The grief was different from losing a comrade in combat. The effect was also different. What he was seeing was that effect.

Stuart crumbled and sagged to sit on the toilet seat, breaking down and bawling like a child. The story spilled out, everything, from leaving for the party to leaving From the party- with another woman. It all came together now, what he told James and what James pieced together.

"So they didn't know who she was? They didn't know Eugene was her father, either- did they? And it all exploded when she saw him!! WHAT A C/F nightmare!!"

"It's all my fault. I let her do this, for us, but I let her. I could have stopped her. But the money. It was only for a week, and then we would be set for life. Nice nest egg, cushy job, and the two of us. I threw it all away for this. MONEY!!!"

I looked at the broken man, shook my head, and grabbed his shoulder.

"Come on, let's get you to see your wife, and, hopefully, we can fix this."

They left the apartment, locking up behind them.

Now while this was going on, Linda had accessed her work account on her laptop and found Stuart's company bio. Wife's name, education, ... and home address. The security types left for Stu and Carol's condo. They busted ass getting there and whipped into the parking lot......just in time to be passed by a sedately moving silver-colored Lincoln Navigator with two young men in it calmly exiting the grounds.

Karma was cracking up.

James spooled up his mother's cell, and laid it all out for her-EVERYTHING! Her calm demeanor rapidly rose to fury. She so loved her son-in-law and daughter and thought their marriage was blessed.

'More like cursed', she thought. 'How stupid can you be? Oh, they're gonna pay for all this. All of them. I just don't know what to do with my two stupid children. It'll come to me. Until then....'

She thanked James and told him to drive safely to get here. Then she called her favorite pilot (alright, only pilot) and told him to get the G back home and prepped for a return flight Monday morning. Then she called Lucius Kincaid, Vice-President of production, and told him he was now COO and to start with, she needed the team from Mergers and Acquisitions in San Diego by Monday noon, prepared for a week-long stay, at least. Also, the two best staff attorneys from corporate legal there too. And include the three miscreants working for Eugene on his staff- but don't let on anything to them. Just tell them that Eugene needs them to help close the deal with Wondra Industries and they need to be there.

"I'm counting on you to run things till I get all this squared away. Make me proud, Lucius."

"As always, Ma'am. I'll take care of it. The required personnel will be there at 9:00 Monday morning. We're praying for you, Ma'am. And thanks for the promotion."

Now nobody liked Eugene and to a slightly lesser degree, the three jerks who worked for him. 'It was about time Cassandra stopped the problem,' he thought. But he didn't know the full extent of the problem.

Cassandra ended the phone call and took a deep breath. Things were coming together, but her daughter was still in a coma, and her f***ing husband was lying there like a lump.

'It just is not fair, God. It isn't FAIR!!'

But things would soon change.

As they drove to the hospital, James speed-dialed his home.

"Hello, honey. How is everything? How is Mother?"

"Hi, sweetheart. We're doing okay," he said. He then brought her up to speed on the colossal shitstorm that was brewing. Sophia gasped and sobbed a little.

"Oh, my God, that's terrible!"

"It is, babe. And it's probably going to get worse. I just don't know how, yet," he said, glancing sideways at the morose man in the seat next to him.

"The other reason I called is to tell you I love you and the kids, but I probably won't be home for about a week. I'm sorry, babe."

"It's okay, honey. As a matter of fact, Mom and Grandma are coming to visit for a few days. I'm sure they won't mind staying awhile longer, if they have to, to see their favorite son-in-law and grandson-in-law," she giggled. The fact that Sophia was an only child, and therefore he was the only son-in-law and such, was academic. So he grinned and 'tweaked' his wife.

"You know that's why I married you, don't you? he asked.

She chuckled on the other end.

"No. Why?"

"Because I love your mom and grandma. It's the only way I could have them. So, I had to marry you."

She spluttered.

"You'll pay for that when you get home, stinker," she giggled.

"Love you, hon," he said.

"Love you more, sweetheart," she purred back at him. He closed his phone and smiled.

It was starting to come together.

Cassandra was cooling down a bit. Carol was still in a coma. Lyle was talking to her.

"Why don't we go and see Gene? I know you really don't want to, but it will give you a distraction from worrying about Carol. And you can think about how you want to handle the coming divorce."

She turned her head and looked at Lyle.

"Is murder an option? How about castration and disembowelment with a rusty razor blade?? Or maybe staking him out on an ant bed and pouring honey on his pathetic cock and balls?? Oh, wait, all the same end result." She finally exhaled and laughed. Lyle was just grinning. He knew she was just venting-he hoped. Besides, as her personal attorney, he would never let her do any of those things.

'But I bet she could get James to do them', he thought.

Finally, she sighed and said," Alright, let's go check up on the prick." They left for the opposite end of the ICU, to the Critical Care wing. As they were rounding the corner, the frantic 'brain trust' individuals, led by Marilyn, raced up to Carol's room. It seems Marilyn had finally managed to explain to the 'idiots in charge' who Cassandra really was, and they were frantic to do damage control. But no Cassandra. SHIT!!

William Stevens shrieked, "WHAT NOW?? Where did she go?? What do we do?? How will we fix this??"

Arnie Douche lived up to his name.

"Maybe we can get her alone, get her drunk and laid, and compromise her??"

Joseph Travis opined, "YEAH, we could videotape it. Maybe some ecstasy, or roofies??"

Marilyn was speechless.

'Am I the only one with any brains here? How did these clowns get to be in charge? The company is going down the shitter, and these guys are behaving like a bunch of college frat jerks.'

She screamed. They all clammed up, and even the orderlies and nurses turned and stared.

"Did you clowns get a good look at her SON? The guy is an animal. He would rip you apart if you so much as look sideways at his mother. When he gets the full story from Stuart, he may do it anyway after he beats the living shit out of his brother-in-law. You clowns disgust me. The best thing we can do is disappear." She struggled to catch her breath as the 'idiots' looked at her, then at themselves. The scrambling exit left only Marilyn standing there.

'Maybe I should take my own advice,' she thought and quickly made her escape.

Part of the problem was resolved when Cassandra and Lyle arrived outside Eugene's room and looked through the glass. He was on oxygen and had all sorts of leads and wires running all over his body. The I/V lines were numerous, and a nurse was checking his vitals.

Casandra looked at the man who had supported her when her James was killed. Who had helped her get through the trauma and heartache. Who had romanced her, schmoozed her, hell, he'd seduced her, she knew now, the prick, and knocked her up, did the 'honorable' thing and proposed to her and married her, and wormed his way into her life. Thank GOD for her sons, and her father who were there to see who he really was.

'YOU SON OF A BITCH! I HOPE YOU DIE AND BURN IN HELL!!'

'No problem', thought Karma and the thought went out.

Eugene immediately experienced another massive stroke, and at least three large blood clots broke free and raced to various parts of his anatomy. He was DoA as he settled back onto his hospital bed. The nurse had enough time to punch the 'Code Blue' as every alarm in the wing went off, but it was just a drill. The trauma team raced in and fussed over him for a good 45 minutes, but basically, it was practice. They called it at 11:37 p.m.

'Thank you, God,' thought Cassandra.

Karma smiled. 'I'll take it,' she said.

James and Stuart arrived at the hospital as a flurry of suits erupted from the front door. They didn't notice the two men sitting in the big Lincoln SUV and besides, they were the farthest thing from their minds. Immediately following them, Marilyn Standish exited the lobby and dashed to her car.

Stuart missed the first bunch but caught Marilyn as she ran past.

"That's Marilyn. The bitch set Carol up with the slut getup she was wearing, and prepped her for the 'hook-up'."

'Oh, really?', thought James. Stuart still had not been told that Eugene (Carol's father) was her intended 'hook-up'. Maybe it was time to educate him.

"Do you know who the 'hook-up' was, Stu? Any idea what his name was? ANYTHING??"

"NOOO, only that he was supposed to save our company from takeover by the Chinese. I never got his name. They said he was some big shot president of a nationwide company who would protect all our jobs."

They got out of the Lincoln and walked to the front doors, which slid open silently. They walked to the elevator banks, and as he pushed the button for up, James looked at Stuart.

'Here we go,' he thought.

"There's something you should know. The guy they fixed Carol up with.... was Eugene."

A look of puzzlement moved over Stuart's face.

"Eugene?"

James sighed.

"Yes, Eugene. HER FATHER. Eugene Carmichael. When she saw who it was, she freaked out and fainted. She fell and struck her head on a table and wound up here. The only consolation is the cheating prick had a stroke when he realized the slut he had been set up with was his FUCKING DAUGHTER, you God-blessed shit. He's in the same hospital, also in a coma, and they're trying to help him recover. So not only is your marriage in the toilet but my mother's as well. Stupid asshole!!" Not sure who James was referring to, but it worked both ways.

Stuart shuddered at his brother-in-law's vitriol and he fell sideways against the railing in the elevator. At that instance, the bell pinged, the elevator reached the 5th floor, the doors opened, and they had arrived.

They walked out, turned left, and rushed to the ICU, stopping at the viewing glass of Carol's room. She still peacefully slumbered in her coma and was blissfully unaware of the brewing conflict outside her room.

Meanwhile, Cassandra and Lyle were down in Eugene's room, finalizing his death paperwork. Forms to sign, decisions to make, and bodies to be disposed of. Not that Cassandra had to do anything, but by donating his body to science, it took care of just about all the details. The hospital was terribly sorry for her loss and said there were counselors available if she felt the need to talk to one.

She whispered to Lyle that maybe there was some alcohol involved, so she could celebrate. Lyle choked and grinned behind his hand. He looked away and faked a sniffle, as Cassie frowned and faked a tearful thank you, but she just wanted to move on with her life.

They said they understood and would give her whatever support and space she needed. She thanked them and turned to go back to her daughter's room. As they walked down the corridor, she leaned into Lyle and whispered, 'One down, two to go. Now we can concentrate on the important issues. And where is Stuart?'

They walked up to Carol's room and there were James and Stuart gazing forlornly at the 'slumbering' form inside. As they walked up, Stuart turned and moved to his mother-in-law and broke down.

"Mom, I'm so sorry. Embarrassed. Mortified. I didn't know any of this. We were just trying to get a leg up on our life. It would just be sex. No one else would ever know. The money was too good to pass up. I didn't think ......"

James rolled his eyes.

'What was this, a Literotica story or something? Every fucking conceivably excuse ever generated to cover cheating or prostitution.' He shook his head.

"Can it, Stuart. Get your head out of your ass, and let's fix this. NOW!"

Stuart shuddered and shrunk into himself. James turned to his mother and Lyle and explained everything Stuart had told him. If possible, Cassandra became even more pissed at her late husband.

Stuart gathered himself.

"Mom, I'm going to file for a divorce from Carol on irreconcilable differences. No blame and I'll waive the pre-nuptial agreement. We will just part amiably and she can get on with her life. I don't deserve her and she should be free from me. I know....."

'That's it,' thought Cassandra. 'I've had it!'

She walked up to Stuart as he continued to speak and slapped him across the face so hard he would probably require dental work. He staggered backward, and only James's quick reflexes caught him before he hit the floor.

"THAT'S ENOUGH! I'VE HAD IT! NO MORE OF THIS CRAP! THAT'S YOUR WIFE IN THERE! START ACTING LIKE HER HUSBAND, NOT HER PIMP!!" The silence was deafening.

"Here is what you are going to do, and what is going to happen.

"You are going to man up and start to act like the man I thought you were when you married my daughter. You will stand by her and support her through the SHIT that is going to go down, and believe me, IT WILL GO DOWN, while we sort this out and make these SOBs pay for everything they've done, or attempted to do. Then the two of you narcissistic, self-centered, greedy idiots will go to counseling to see if there is a shred of human decency in you and whether or not you can make it together. DON'T DISAPPOINT ME, SON!!"

The lady was steaming and James and Lyle were both concerned for her physical and mental well-being.

But this woman was made of sterner stuff. She was fed up with what had gone on and was sure there was enough blame to go around. But she needed a united front for what she had in mind.

It was now almost 1:30 a.m. and the hospital was in overnight mode. The were several hospital security people quietly milling around, discreetly away from the family, but staying aware of what was going on. The doctor on duty and the nurses all told them they would keep them informed of any change in Carol's condition, so they adjourned to their hotel rooms and tried to get a good night's sleep. No one was in the mood to eat anything, but several mini-bars in the rooms were plundered.

While this was going on, the G-III had returned home and was being serviced and readied to return. The return flight plan was filed, and all that was lacking was the arrival of their passengers.

Sunday dawned clear, and the group met for breakfast. They checked with the hospital and learned that there was no change in Carol's condition. James contacted a local security company, one that Dexter Industries had used in the past for additional security when they had logistical problems elsewhere in the country. They provided three shifts of people, two on each shift, one male, and one female, to be at Carol's room. Just to be sure. Mom wasn't taking any chances.

They booked a floor at the hotel and set up communications with the home office. Stuart provided names and locations for the five board members of Wondra Industries. He also identified the three 'jerks' who were responsible for the current fiasco. Then he went to the hospital to be with Carol.

Late in the afternoon, with the groundwork laid for Mom's payback, they left for the hospital.

Still no improvement in Carol's condition, but she was taken off all ventilators and IVs and was resting comfortably.

Lyle was working on a few things. He filed to have Cassandra's name changed back to Wade. Eugene's name and record were expunged from everything of a personal nature in their life. The corporate end would take place when they sat down with the company legal team. No one from Wondra showed up to check on Carol or Eugene. As far as anyone knew, Eugene was still alive. And Cassandra left strict instructions to keep it that way.

Monday morning dawned overcast and rainy. Very ominous. The G-III was sitting on the ramp at home, APU running and the crew in full professional flight attire, waiting for their passengers. At approximately 9:00 a.m., they started to arrive. By 9:20 a.m., everyone was there and on board. The air-stair door closed and the engines spooled up, clearance was granted, and they taxied out to take off. Thirty minutes later, they were screaming toward San Diego, and destiny turned Jet fuel to noise.

They landed and taxied to the FBO and shut down. The rental cars rolled up, and James got out of the lead Lincoln Navigator and greeted the arriving folks. He knew them all Jack Knowlend, head lawyer with corporate legal, and his sidekick, Amy Adams. Horace Landis, Mergers and Acquisitions, and two assistants. Then there were the three jerks who worked with his 'step-father'- in name only.

He had never liked Eugene, detested him actually. In the last two days, his opinion had only dropped lower, if possible.

He left for the hotel, and James brought the lawyers and mergers people up to date, about what had happened, what it appeared Eugene had done, and what his mother had in mind. He only referred to his mom as Cassandra or the boss. He wanted to keep as much of his personal feelings out of this as possible. They all knew, of course, who he was and his relationship with the affected parties, but he was trying to remain as neutral as possible.

'Until I don't have to, or can't,' he thought.

The three 'jerks' as James was thinking of them, got the second Lincoln and were following. They would be kept in the dark until Cassandra chopped their heads off.

Lyle and Cassandra had been busy contacting as many of the board members as they could. Individually. Swearing them to secrecy, and cautioning them to talk to no one about this, they arranged to have a meeting Wednesday afternoon at 1:00 p.m. to discuss the situation. She assured them it was above board and would be 'in their best interests' to attend, and to be circumspect about everything.

When everyone arrived at the hotel and checked into their rooms, they met in the two conference rooms that were reserved for them. Cassandra brought Eugene's lackeys up to date on everything, (except for his passing). She instructed them to adjourn to the second room, bring the proposal for acquisition up to date, and finalize it. One of the merger's people went with them to 'get up to speed' (and keep them occupied) while the real battle plans were laid out.