Old751 Pt. 01

Story Info
Truck finds love for its driver.
9.6k words
4.5
1.1k
5
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
jpro56
jpro56
29 Followers

I stared into my cup of coffee like the solution to all the world's problems were going to appear from its depths. Charlie snapped me from my reveries just as the last pallet was being rolled into the trailer and the door slammed down. He asked if I was okay handing me my lading bill and lock. I told him that I was fine and nodded out toward the powder blue semi tractor hooked up to the front of the trailer. It is her last trip, and I am going to miss her, I told him. I checked the lock number to the load sheet and snapped it into place on the trailer door. I told Charlie I would see him in a couple of days and climbed in the cab.

Ten years earlier my life had gone into the toilet. My lovely wife of three years decided that she was more in love with her coworker, Lisa, than she was with me and asked for a divorce. It really took me by surprise because we had been sharing our bed with Lisa before we were married, and I thought everything was going great. Found out months later that the two of them had also been sharing a bed with their boss and had devised a plan to extort him into selling them his company on the cheap and they made a few tweaks to his business plan and were quickly rolling in money. They did not want to share their windfall with me.

Two weeks after our divorce was final, my job announced that they were closing, and we were all let go. It was not that great of a job, but they had also required me to get a commercial driver's license which I used to keep working short term jobs for a couple of years. When I landed this job eight years ago my life finally started turning around. I had been on the job for a month, learning the company culture, made a few long hauls with other drivers and took a few short runs on my own. It was good pay with good benefits. I just showed up in the morning and did what the dispatcher told me to do.

I came in one Monday morning and Steve dropped a set of keys in my hand and told me that Greg had just quit, and his route was now mine. Greg had a habit of hooking up with the lot lizards at every stop and his wife found out. The keys went to a powder blue cab over with a small sleeper. A cloud passed over when I looked out at her, and it looked like she winked at me. The run was an 18 hour round trip that I would make every three to four days depending on loads and layovers. Nine hours there and back, all interstate highways.

The company number on the truck was 751 so my new home away from home became Old751 and she was a great truck. For eight years all she had asked for was go juice, oil and regularly letting the mechanic get up inside her and scratch all her itches, and she always let me know when she had an itch. While I never bothered with the painted ladies in the lots, I did notice an uptick in my love life once Old751 got her hooks into me. Nothing super long term but several months of having company to spend my off time with.

I pulled away from the dock and out into the lot, stopping to do a once over on the truck and trailer. Company policy was to trade their trucks off at 1,500,000 miles so there was some resale value left in them and this trip was going to put Old751 just over that magic number. Her replacement was already parked on the lot. A big shiny new black Peterbilt. I glanced over at it as I walked around the trailer and thought to myself that I was never going to be able to keep it clean. Old751's powder blue just never looked dirty.

I climbed in, checked my logbook, radioed dispatch, and buckled in. I patted the doghouse and said, "let's do this girl" and grabbed a gear. As we rolled past the Peterbilt, Old751 belched out a big cloud of black smoke from her stacks. She would occasionally do that when she was not happy with me.

Several hours down the road and my GPS alerted me to an accident ahead with traffic backed up for miles and suggested exiting onto the old U.S. route to avoid it. While I mulled the idea of driving this rig down a two-lane road through towns, I noticed the stopped traffic not far past the exit. I am not sure if I hit the turn indicator or Old751 did it on her own, but I took the right off the highway.

I had been driving this route for eight years and had never even considered taking this route and was surprised to find that what I thought was going to be a broke down neglected patch of asphalt was a four-lane limited access road that was just as nice as the interstate. It was close enough to the interstate that I could occasionally see the traffic lined up waiting for the road to be cleared. Several other vehicles had the same idea and traffic was heavy, but it was moving at a nice clip. I was making decent time until Old751 suddenly gave a big shudder and a belch of black smoke from her dual stacks. All the gauges looked good, but I could tell that she was unhappy for some reason. I am not a mechanic, but I do know my truck and she was telling me to find a spot to pull over. I slowed and looking at the GPS and could see a small town just ahead of the next curve with what looked like a gas station and diner.

I asked Old751 if she would get me there and whatever was acting up under her hood stopped. I rolled up to a slightly run down truck stop on a road that, had there been an exit from the interstate, would have made it a busy place. Unfortunately, there wasn't an exit for ten miles in both directions.

I could get fuel, but I didn't want to block a pump if Old751 decided that she wasn't going any further, so I pulled off to the side and got out to investigate her issue if I could. She was idling normally now. I pulled out my super powered flashlight and started my walkaround. The only thing I could see that might have been a problem was the gas cap was not properly tightened. I secured it while trying to remember if I had been distracted when I last filled her. Old751 seemed happy with the attention and purred away.

I was ready for a little break so I locked her up with a little pat and told her I would be back soon. I went into the diner and found the bathroom before finding a table. The place was empty so I did not think I would have any problem with the second one.

Returning to the diner, I decided to sit at the counter, especially after I noticed the very shapely waitress with gorgeous, wavy auburn/blonde hair pulled back into a ponytail. I picked a spot where I would have a beautiful view if she was behind the counter and before I settled in my seat, she had a mug of coffee headed my way. Her bright smile and pretty face lit the room, even this late at night. I took notice of the nice proportions of waist to hips before she turned and flashed a huge smile that lit the room. I tried to take her all in before she got too close for it to be awkward.

Her front side was even more pleasing to look at than the back. A pretty face with just the right amount of makeup, uniform cut just low enough to hint at just slightly more than a handful of breasts, and a nametag letting me know that her name was Julie.

She set the coffee down and introduced herself and asked what brought me in to her fine establishment this late evening. I hadn't even noticed that it was going on midnight. I told her that my truck decided that I needed to stop in to meet her while the interstate was backed up, not a total lie. She laughed and just said, Oh, really? I told her that Old751 sometimes had a mind of her own and I had learned long ago to listen to her because she was rarely wrong. She let me know that since that same interstate had decided to pass by without an exit that she usually closed after midnight.

I asked if the slice of cherry pie screaming my name from the case on the counter was homemade and she told me that she had made it just that morning. I told her that I wished that I had been there this morning because there is nothing better than warm cherry pie. She laughed again at my attempts at humor.

I noticed the line cook looking upset that she was going to let me order something and he was not going to get to leave. I smiled at him and told her that a piece of pie and coffee would be all I would need. She told Manny to finish and head home then grabbed my pie and another cup of coffee. She came around the counter and sat on the stool beside me, asking if I minded company. I told her that I would be a fool to refuse.

She told me it was nice to see a new face. I dove into the pie while making small talk. I found out that the locals gave her just enough business to keep the place open and she was holding out hope that she could keep going long enough to sell the place and retire but it was getting hard. She and her brother had inherited the place from their grandfather who built it with bad information that they were going to have an exit from the interstate. They did well while the interstate was still in the construction phase and the old highway was open but soon realized that the exit was not coming. Instead, they were eight miles south and ten miles north. The gas station that her brother ran was in the same boat, it made enough to keep running but not much extra.

I told her that the pie was impressive enough that I would put the word out and maybe a few truckers would start stopping in, I knew that I was going to detour every chance I got. She flashed a quick smile and said thanks, she would be happy to see me come in again. My eye caught the clock and I noticed that it was now well past midnight and I assumed that she was doing the early morning shift as well.

I thanked her for the coffee, pie and conversation and dropped a twenty on the counter. Julie, I said, you get some rest. I will see what I can do to help the business and will see her soon.

I headed out the door which she locked behind me and headed out to Old751. I was feeling a strange stirring in my pants as I tried to burn her image into my mind. I stuck the key in Old751, and she roared to life like nothing was ever wrong. I popped her on the dashboard, silently said thanks and rolled out to my offload. The rest of the trip was uneventful. I made a few calls out on the CB radio letting the other truckers know about the great diner and truck stop I had found and where to exit to get to it. My offload was quick and after a short rest, Old751 and I headed home for her last time.

As I neared the north exit to the aptly named Lost Café and Truck Stop Old751 gave me a sputtering cough. I patted the wheel and told her that I was going to stop. Signaling to exit the interstate I noticed that I wasn't the only semi doing so. I turned my CB up and started hearing some chatter about this great diner and where to find it.

I was pleasantly surprised to find several semis in the lot and several cars parked at the Lost Café. Parking Old751 over at the edge of the lot I strolled in. It was not packed but there was a nice crowd for midafternoon. Julie noticed me when I walked in and pointed to a table then turned to speak to the other waitress. I noticed that there were now two other waitresses and at least three cooks back in the kitchen. Julie scribbled something on her order pad and shoved it first in line at the window then came to join me, two coffees in hand.

She opened with, What the heck did I do last night? I looked at her questionably. She told me that there were six hungry truckers waiting at the door when she opened, and the stream of them had not stopped all day. She had to call in all her help and send someone to town for groceries halfway through the morning. I just smiled and told her that I had just put out a late-night call that I had found a wonderful place to eat and told everyone where it was. The truckers have done all the rest. Julie told me that her brother had to make an emergency call to his supplier because he was going to run out of diesel.

One of the other waitresses set a plate full of food in front of me and asked Julie if this was the guy. Julie said that it was. She reached out her hand and said that her name was Suzy and thanked me for doing this, however long it lasted. Julie and I continued our conversation from the night before while I ate one of the best truck stop meals I had ever had. I told her that she and her business sat in the perfect spot along this long stretch of interstate between two major delivery points without any other good place to stop for food. She thanked me again for what I had done, and I told her that most of the credit goes to Old751. She was the one that made me stop in last night to see her.

She pointed out the window to my old blue cab-over and asked if that was her. I nodded yes and told her that this was the old girl's last trip. She had reached the company milage limit and I had a shiny new black Peterbilt waiting for me on the lot.

Julie grabbed my arm and said that she needed a picture of us. We went out to the lot, and she posed me next to Old751 with my hand on the door handle. She asked to see the inside and I helped her up into the seat. It barely moved with her weight. She stroked Old751's steering wheel and gear shift. I heard a little air escape from an airline that had been leaking for a long time, almost like she was purring from the soft touch of an attractive woman. Julie scooted over to the passenger seat and let me climb in. I turned the key and fired up the diesel engine, Old751 did her best shuddering vibrations through the cab. Julie said that she did not think she could spend all day feeling that in the seat. I laughed and told her that she only did that when she was trying to impress.

I asked if she got to take any days off or if the Lost Cafe took all her time. She said that normally, she would take a few hours off midday and give one of the part-time waitresses some hour and tips, but she was there every day. I told her that I had a few days off before my next trip and would love to see her again, even for a few hours. She asked for my phone and put her name and number in it. Give me a days' notice and I will work you in for an afternoon, but I will have to be back for supper hour. I agreed and told her that I would call her soon.

I walked Julie back to the café and she gave me a hug and kiss that felt like more than just a friendly one. I watched her cute behind stroll back inside and headed back to my truck. Now I was dreading that final part of the trip and saying goodbye to Old751.

When I got back to the lot the only place to park was right next to her replacement. I felt bad that I was going to leave her there but secretly hoped that she would pass along all her knowledge while she could. I gathered all my personal stuff from the cab and dropped it in a box. While rummaging through all the cubbies and hidey holes I did produce a few odd memories from eight years living in a truck. I did take the time to say goodbye and thank her for keeping me safe. That annoying air leak hissed back at me. I took it to mean lots of things before dropping the keys on the seat and shutting the door one last time.

I got in my pickup and headed home. Steve had texted earlier and let me know that my next load was in four days and my new truck would be ready. Once home, I fixed a sandwich and coffee and plopped into my recliner with the ball game on the TV. I was too long into one of those long blinks when my phone dinged with a message. Few people ever texted me and those that do usually want me to do something I rarely want to do.

I was surprised that it was Julie asking if Old751 got me home safe or stopped to introduce me to another waitress. Sitting up now fully awake, I texted her back to let her know that Old751 was quite pleased with her work and took me straight home. She asked what I was doing on Tuesday, and I told her that I was hoping to make the trip up to see her. She said that would be great because her staff had put their heads together and told her that if she could work the morning shift till ten that they would work and let her have the entire rest of the day off. I told her that I would be there before she got off and was curious how business was going. She told me that they were busier than they had been since the interstate opened. Some of the truckers even waited a half hour for the delivery truck to unload fuel and she had put in a rush order with her supplier as well.

She said that the truckers were continuing the CB chatter and somehow cars full of traveling families were following them in.

I told her that was great news and I hoped it would continue. She told me that she had to get back to work and she would see me on Tuesday. I signed off with a see you Tuesday. I spent my next trip to dreamland imagining what she looked like when not in her waitressing uniform and less.

Tuesday could not get here quick enough. I made sure that all my household chores were finished, and my weekly to-do list was all cleared up. I headed out early Tuesday morning all showered, shaved, and trimmed. I rolled into the Lost Café and Truck Stop at 9:30. My palms were sweating, and my heart was racing. I felt like a schoolboy on his first date.

Julie waved when I walked in the door and asked if I wanted a coffee by holding the pot in the air and pointing at it. I nodded yes and took a seat on a stool at the end of the counter. I noticed that the place was about a fourth full and it was mostly travelers not truckers. There were several rigs over on the truck stop side with a steady stream in and out. Julie brought my coffee and asked if I was okay waiting till 10 before she could leave. I told her I had all day and not to rush. She said thanks and hurried off to take food to one of the tables. I got a big wave from Manny and the other guys in the back. A couple other waitresses, including Suzy also greeted me like I was a regular.

At 5 till 10 another waitress rushed in blabbering an apology that it took her forever to explain to her mom why she needed her to watch her kids all day before she saw me sitting at the counter and froze her sputtering. Julie told her not to worry about it and told me that she would be just a few minutes longer while refilling my coffee. Again, I told her not to worry about it, apparently, her getting a day off took a village, which got a laugh from just about everyone.

Finally, at 10:20, she untied her apron, threw it on the counter and told the girls that if they had any problems - just deal with it unless the place was burning down. We headed toward the door with her showing that her phone was being turned off.

As we headed for my pickup she asked if I minded taking her home to shower before we started our day. I leaned over and gave her head a sniff and said sure, you do smell a little greasy spoonish which earned me an elbow in the ribs. I opened the truck door for her and gave her a hand up. I got in and asked where to ma'am in my sweetest southern voice. She asked if I saw the blue house behind us next to the diner and I said yes. She replied that it was her castle if I could get her that far. I laughed and said sure but why didn't we just walk there. She nodded at the diner, and I could see that everyone was watching. I made a point of going around the block and parking on the side of the house so they couldn't see my truck.

Her house wasn't large by any standard, but it looked homey and welcoming on the outside. She told me to come on in and she would try to get rid of that greasy spoon smell. I followed her in. The homey feeling continued inside as well. Family pictures scattered about the family room, a small TV that I was guessing was rarely turned on. There was a medium sized kitchen to the left that also looked rarely used and a hallway off the right side of the room that I guessed lead to the bedroom(s) and bath.

She pointed to the overstuffed couch and told me to make myself at home and she would be out in a few. I sat on the couch and took in my surroundings. I could hear clothing being moved around and drawers opening and closing. I heard her humming softly to herself like she had forgotten I was there. I heard the shower start and could tell when she got in from the sound of the water. My imagination was getting carried away, so I turned to smells rather than sounds. The house smelled clean and fresh, not just scrubbed clean but it always smells this way clean. I picked up the smell of fresh baking coming from the kitchen. I picked up the distinctive smell of cherry pie.

jpro56
jpro56
29 Followers