Omega Emerges Ch. 01

Story Info
Lena is taken hostage when the republic is attacked.
2.7k words
4.51
20.3k
50
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

No-one could have predicted such an attack. It came without warning. There was rumours of an enemy over the containment wall, but it had always seemed like more of a myth than a reality. It was a well known fact that no one could have survived in the conditions over the wall. The conditions were toxic, poisoned by radioactive fallout from the Final War. The wall protected the people from the poison. It was the reason they were safe. Lena never would have believed that there was any living thing on the other side, let alone an army. That was until their so-called leader had appeared on stage, behind the consul during his address and snapped his neck smoothly, like he was greatly familiar with the motion.

It wasn't the sound of the Consul's neck snapping that had sickened her. As an apprentice surgeon Lena was used to such sounds. It was the ease at which it was done. With as much effort is it would take for her to open a jar, a man she had once looked up to as the leader of the Republic had been reduced to a vacant eyed, lifeless body in front of the thousands of gathered people, and the multitude more watching the broadcast. It was an undignified ending for an honourable man, made worse as he was forgotten in the pandemonium that followed.

It should have been a happy occasion. It was the 100th anniversary of the formation of the republic, the creation of the sectors, and the end of a long and costly war which had almost cost the entire population their lives. Thousands had flocked to Sector 1 from across the republic to celebrate. There had been parades and concerts across the sector for days, with the entire week designated a national holiday. All of this was quickly forgotten. Hysteria reigned as gunshots rang out and more bodies hit the floor until the stage was littered.The previous sounds of revelry were abruptly replaced with cries of terror It didn't take long for the crowd to scatter, in fear of their own lives. The Great Auditorium which had been so beautifully decorated with flowers and banners in the purple and white colours of the Republic, had become a warzone. The once beautiful decorations lay torn and trampled within minutes, as the masses scrambled and fought for their escape.

In the chaos of the running and screaming masses, it was easy for the intruders to collect a few unarmed hostages. Lena had tried her best to find her way out of the crowded auditorium, but as the daughter of the Vice-Consul she had been sat in the front row in a position of prominence that she had often resented. It didn't take long for two bulky men to corner her. No matter how hard she had kicked or trashed or screamed, she hadn't stood a chance. They were so much bigger than her, and she was a healer, not accustomed to violence. Despite this she fought as hard as she could, and even had a vague recollection of biting one of them, but eventually she found herself subdued and on her knees in front of a man the men called Emperor with around a dozen hostages. Glancing around, she realised she knew or knew of most of the people on their knees beside her. They had obviously targeted officials and their families. The selection implied insider knowledge, a fact that she remembered for future use.

Her eyes were then drawn to her captors. Their crude, black uniforms made their immense stature all the more imposing. She had never seen such large men before, not just in height, but in size too. All of the intruders seemed almost impossibly muscular, but even amongst his followers the emperor seemed to stand out. Perhaps it was that he towered at least two inches above any other man that drew her attention, or perhaps it was the crumpled red cape that stood in stark contrast with the aggressively black garments of his followers. More likely, it was the completely calm and controlled facade that drew her attention. The world around him was loud and chaotic, but there he stood perfectly still, his brow set, stoic. It was as if he didn't comprehend the thousands of people mere meters away scrambling to get away from him and his men. Or worse, it was a sight that he'd seen too often to mention. He looked like the kind of man people would run from, she thought.

As if he could feel her gaze, his eyes snapped up to meet hers suddenly. Dark and indescribable, they pierced her to the spot as he appraised her. Lena's breath caught in her throat at the intensity of his stare. The moment passed as quickly as if began, as he turned to face a group of his men.

"Gather the hostages. We need to move on before the peacekeepers arrive," he ordered. His men sprang to action, urging the kneeling hostages to their feet.

"Wait!" Called the gravelly voice of the hostage beside her. Snatching his arm free, a balding middle age man stepped forwards. She recognised him as Senator Wade, a kind eyed man who had championed education reforms that had seen schools constructed in even the most distant sectors. He had been a regular guest at her father's Friday night poker games. The Emperor turned sharply to scrutinise the man before him.

"I don't know who you are, or what you aim to achieve here but I wish to negotiate. I am a senator of the republic, and I have authority to negotiate with you..."

She didn't see where the Emperor had produced the gun from, but before the senator could finish his sentence a bullet tore through his chest. His body fell at her feet. Instinctively she dropped to the floor, applying pressure to the gaping wound over his heart. His blood flowed freely, so freely that he gagged and choked on it. She knew there was too much blood, but she had to try.

Heavy footsteps echoed across the stage towards her. Crouching on the balls of his toes, the Emperor's eyes once again pierced hers.

"Let go of him", he ordered coldly, rage seething behind his calm facade.

"He'll die," Lena mindlessly protested.

"That was my intention," he stated evenly. She met his gaze for a long second, then looked down at the Senator. His blood no longer gushed through her fingers having slowed to a trickle, and his eyes had clouded over. He was already dead. She sat back, defeated.

The Emperor stood, turning to address the hostages.

"Consider this your only warning. If you try to run, if you try to fight, if you try to talk back, you will share the same fate as the late Senator here. Now get moving."

Dragged to her feet by strong hands, Lena was half dragged, half herded forwards. The blood staining her hands and clothing had grown cold. She stumbled forwards, numb with shock.

The hostages were hastily lead out of the back door of the auditorium. It was surreal that outside of the auditorium everything seemed so normal, when the entire world as she had known it seemed to be coming to an end. She had expected to see burning buildings and bodies in the streets, or at least some sign of a struggle. But for all intents and purposes, it seemed like the invaders had just appeared from nowhere, uncontested.

Lena couldn't help but wonder what these men wanted with them, or where they were being taken. Merely minutes later, one of her questions were answered as they were led up The Parade, a long, broad stretch of paved road leading up to the Palace of the Republic, the official residence of the Consul. Lena has been there just the month before at a reception for the Estrayan ambassador, celebrating a new trade agreement between the republic and Estraya. There had been food, drinks and dancing. This visit was unlikely to be so pleasant, Lena thought to herself.

As the grand cast iron gates opened before them, her eyes weren't drawn to the landscaped gardens and beautifully manicured flower beds as they usually were. Today they were drawn to the bodies littering them, all peacekeepers in the pale blue uniform of the Consul's Guard. Once again she felt sickened. How many families would be missing a son, husband, or father tonight? Her captors dragged the hostages forward, seemingly unphased by the sight. Who were these monsters and why had they come here?

As the Emperor and his men approached, more and more of the black uniformed invaders spilled out of the palace, gathering on the stairs that led up to the buildings grandiose pillared entryway. There were easily a hundred men, all as large and imposing as the ones holding the hostages, only these ones were more heavily armed with big guns, doubtlessly courtesy of the dead peacekeepers. Many of them also had blades longer than her arm strapped to their hips. They were a formidable sight, but unless they had more men hidden away in the Palace, they didn't have nearly as many numbers as the peacekeepers in this sector. Hope began to blossom deep within Lena. All the hostages needed to do was hold out until the peacekeepers came, and stay out of the line of fire when they did. Excited murmurings passed among the amassed men, who fell silent as the Emperor stood forwards to address them.

"The Consul is dead!" The Emperor declared triumphant. His men cheered and hollered.

"Each if you is here because you believed that we could achieve the impossible. It is because of you that we stand here today, having taken the land which belonged to our enemy. But our work is far from done. We have made the first strike and have dealt a wounding blow to our enemy, but this is only the beginning. The Republic will fall," The Emperor paused as his men cheered once more,"but there is a long battle ahead of us. Each and every one of you must be prepared to fight, and to lay down his life for the cause. Are you prepared to fight or die?"

"Yes!" his men roared.

"And what do you fight for?"

"The Free Empire!" They called back.

"Return to your posts. I anticipate that we have a few hours before we are located. Rest while you can, and be prepared to fight," the Emperor ordered, and his men dispersed.

"Bring the hostages inside and put them away," the Emperor walked away without casting them a second glance.

After being wrangled up the step stone stairs, Lena and the hostages were brought into the foyer of the Palace of the Republic. The polished marble floor did not allow her to dig her feet in to resist. She was half dragged through a set of double doors in between two ornate twin staircases. The room was usually used as a reception room at events. Today it was full of armed men who appraised the hostages with a curiosity, with a focus upon the females in the group that made her uncomfortable. Lena had never had men look at her like that, like they were undressing her with their eyes. She shrunk back, reluctant to move forwards, only to have a firm hand push her forwards unforgivingly. She stumbled forwards.

She'd been so preoccupied with the men stood at the back of the room that she hadn't noticed the man sat at the table off to the side. There was something familiar about his profile and silver fleeked hair, but he didn't look up from his papers for long enough for her to get a better look at his face.

"Search them then take them up to their rooms," he ordered disinterestedly.

"Alright then sweetheart," the man who had dragged her here spoke for the first time, turning her to face him, "why don't you lift your arms and spread your legs for me?"

Hesitantly, Lena stood as instructed.

"Good girl," he crooned.

At first, his hands were business like. He briskly patted down her arms and legs and removed her keys and her phone from her pockets. Soon his hands begin to linger, exploring the curves of her hips and ass. When one hand moved forward to cup her most sensitive place, Lena could hold back no longer.

"Take your hands off of me," she growled, slapping his arms away and stepping back out of his reach. Moving quicker than a man his size had any right to, her captor grabbed her roughly by the hip, pulling her against him and forcing his leg between hers so that it pressed roughly against her mound. One hand grasped her jaw, forcing her to look up at his cold blue eyes.

"Apologise, or I promise you that you will not get any enjoyment out of what is about to happen," he ordered coldly. Lena's heart began to race as the implication of his words set in.

"What enjoyment could I possibly find from you touching me this way when I am clearly unwilling" she snapped back.

"I can either make sure you are ready and able to receive some pleasure when I fuck you, or I can forgo that and fuck you dry. It makes no difference to me. The choice is yours. Now apologise, before I changed my mind and take away that option," he smiled cruelly

These men were monsters, but she refused to be cowed by him. With courage she don't know she had, Lena spat at his face. Disappointingly, she missed, hitting his chest instead. His face went from shock to fury in less than a second. He loosened his grip on her jaw, only to backhand her across the face. Lena fell to the ground from the force of the blow.

"Jones, leave that one alone. She is of use to us," the man st the desk ordered without looking up.

"This is not your business, beta," her captor, Jones

Spat, as if it was some kind of insult. Lena didn't know what a beta was, but it sounded like some kind of rank. She filed the information in her mind in case it was useful in future.

Finally, the man looked up from his desk and stood to his full height. Whilst he was not as tall as Jones, he still stood at 6'1" and his muscle tone showed through his suit. Suddenly Lena recognised him as General Ross, one of the three generals of the republic. For a second she was confused, but after a moment it made sense. There was no way that these intruders would have been able to breach sector one without inside help.

"The Emperor has plans for this one. I'm sure he would not appreciate your treatment of her. Leave the girl alone. Go play with one of the others if you must," the general levelled a heavy glare at Jones, who looked down at Lena and grunted frustratedly before backing down, and storming out of the room.

The general walked over to where Lena sat on the floor and offered her his hand.

"Thank you" she said as he helped her to her feet. The general didn't acknowledge her.

"Finish the searches and take the hostages to their rooms. No more drama. I'll deal with this one," he informed the room, taking control with ease that demonstrated he was worthy of his rank.

He led Lena out of the room, heading east towards the guest wing.

"General what is this? What is going on?" Lena asked hurriedly. Again he ignored her.

"Where are you taking me?" She asked. No response.

After a minute or two he stopped walking, pulled a set of Keys from his pocket and unlocked a door.

"In you go," he gestured. Lena walked into the room, which looked like a standard guest room with a huge and beautifully dressed bed and an en-suite bathroom. Nothing too sinister in that she thought.

"A piece of advice" The general offered, "these men are not like other man you have known. They do not listen to reason, and they will not be impressed by your defiance. If you want to survive this unharmed, I suggest you give the Emperor what he asks for."

Before Lena had time to respond the general closed the door to her room, locking her in. All she could do now was wait.