On the Cliff, Overlooking the Sea

Story Info
A psychic visits another to find out how he lives free.
4.2k words
4.54
2.1k
00
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Authors Note: This story is set in the world described in my story - The Recruitment. You need to read that first so you can understand this story.

On the Cliff, Overlooking the Sea

"There is pleasure in the pathless woods,

There is rapture in the lonely shore,

There is society where none intrudes,

By the deep sea and the music in its roar;

I love not Man the less but Nature more,

From these our interviews in which I steal

From all I may be or have been before,

To mingle with the Universe and feel

What I can ne'er express, yet cannot all conceal."

Childe Harold, Canto iv, Verse 178

Lord Byron

The old man stood at the edge of the cliff overlooking the sea. His weathered face as inscrutable as the rocks about us; his eyes as grey as the sea below. A bitter chill wind blew from the south west making me shiver at the wildness of this place. Beyond the cliff the sea crashed into the rocks as it had done for a million years before and would do for a million more.

In the meantime, I took the opportunity to catch my breath. He'd spent the day showing me different parts of his property till he'd brought me to this clearing. While I was panting he was barely fussed. This from a man just over eighty and fifty years older than me.

"This is probably our favorite place here," he rumbled. "We hope to be buried here."

I wondered yet again how he'd managed to survive against the Government and the Paladins. He and his slaves Angelina and Linda seemed so isolated and vulnerable in this wilderness located in the north west of Tasmania. He turned towards me.

"We survive because the Land protects us Simon."

He was like that. Always answering the thought rather than asking the question.

"Um, I don't understand what you mean Ben."

He smiled.

"How did I know the snake was there Simon?"

I blanched at the memory of it. As we'd walked through the bush I could see and hear life everywhere between the trunks of the trees. Lots of wallabies bounding around, wombat holes half a meter in diameter and God knows how deep and birds making a thousand different sounds everywhere.

When I said walking what I really meant was I'd tramped, cracking every branch below my feet. He seemed to walk noiselessly, effortlessly.

Suddenly, he'd had me stop. From behind a rock a large, darkly banded snake slithered lazily across my path. It stopped to regard me with black, baleful eyes and then disappeared into the scrub. He'd pointed at the snake with his chin and simply said. "Tiger snake."

I shivered again. One of the most poisonous snakes in the world and less than a metre in front of me.

"I don't know. I wondered about that."

He smiled knowingly at me.

"Simon, you think I own this property. While true in civilized mans terms it is utterly false. I don't own the Land nor does it own me. I'm part of the Land as it is part of me. Whatever it knows, I know. Whatever I know, it knows. I knew the snake was there because the Land knew it was there. I know when others try to come against me because the Land knows. They may hide from me but they can never hide from the Land."

"You make it sound as if it's alive and aware."

"Alive, yes. Aware, maybe, but not as you know awareness. You have to surrender to it Simon, let yourself be part of it rather than be separate to understand. The easiest way to do that is to mediate in the wilderness, preferably naked. You'd be amazed at how much clothes keep us separate from everything in nature."

I'd been aware he was a naturist from way back. I was one myself though not in this biting cold air.

"The Land can also hide us Simon, just as it can keep me informed."

"How?" I asked curiously.

Suddenly he looked up, his eyes seeming far away. Then he smiled.

"Another time Simon. There's something I need to do. Why don't you head back to the house. It's down that trail over there a couple of hundred yards."

I wondered what had caught his attention but I knew he'd only tell me when he wanted to. I shrugged my shoulders and tramped down the hill.

...

As soon as he was out of sight the old man turned to face another man dressed in flowing orange robes, his head shaved smooth. He inclined his head.

"John."

"Ben," he replied quietly. "The Paladins will move against you tonight."

"Yes, I know. We're rather looking forward to it actually."

The monk nodded in understanding.

"What will you do this time?" he asked curiously.

"I think we'll join the trees for a while."

The monk looked about him with vision that saw more than just his eyes.

"Yes, I think the trees would like that. Like that very much," he said at last.

"So, what do you think of him?" Ben asked.

"I like him. I can see why you do as well. He has, as you say, hidden depths and a good soul."

"He reminds me of myself when I was young," Ben added. Then he snorted in laughter at himself. "God, that was such a long time ago."

His face became all serious. "Is he strong enough to win against her?" he asked.

"I think so Ben but nothing in this universe is certain. She's very powerful and well trained. She's also a fanatic who won't stop till one of them is dead."

Ben sighed.

"This is the bit I find so hard. I could kill her myself but he must face this test alone and learn the start of his real power."

He looked squarely at the monk.

"Please protect the girl John. She deserves better than what they'll do to her. They'll also need help with the police afterwards. And keep the Paladins and the Government off his back till he's strong enough to deal with them himself. One more thing, keep the illegal loggers out. I don't want them desecrating the Land here. I've probably scared most of them off but they're persistent."

"It will be done," John assured him.

They clasped hands.

"Farewell Ben."

He nodded and, without a word, turned and walked back down the path. The monk stood overlooking the sea, absorbed in the thunder of the surf as it surged against the rocks below.

...

With the men out of the house the woman slipped away quietly into the trees behind the barn. There she knelt in silent prayer before carefully hurling her thought far away.

'Father Samuel?'

'Sister. It is good to hear from you. Do they suspect anything?'

'Not that I'm aware of Father.'

'Are you ready then?'

'Yes Father.'

'Tonight then. Kill the whore Angelina. In his grief Lammond will be vulnerable. Strike hard and fast. As powerful as you are, you're no match for him if you give him half a chance. Don't kill him though. We've worked too hard for that. We want him alive and converted to the faith. We need his power if we're ever to deal with the Buddhists.'

'I understand Father. It will be done as planned. What do you want done with Simon Struan and the woman?'

'We're curious to know why he's taken an interest in Struan. See if you can find out why. Other than that, deal with them as you see fit.'

A chill smile crossed her face.

'Thank you Father. I know how important this is but I feel so defiled at the same time. It will be a relief to end it.'

'I know your revulsion at the role you play Sister. I share it. Soon it will be over and you can be cleansed. Now accept my blessing.'

The ancient words, spoken in Latin, were a soothing ointment to her soul. She stood up and carefully made her way back to the house, wrapped in the role she detested so much.

...

It was a gentle slope back so I let my thoughts wander over what Ben had told me. I remembered back to when I'd been recruited by the Neutrals. How they'd initially told me there were no individual mind controllers. They were either in the Neutrals or part of the Buddhist order or captured or killed by the Government and or Paladins.

While mostly true I'd learned there were a few exceptions. Powerful individuals who'd started off in the Neutrals but then left and somehow managed to survive. All of them liked to live in reclusive wilderness locations for reasons nobody understood.

While I appreciated being part of the Neutrals, there was something in me that called out to find out more about these loners. I started asking questions to learn more. However, I soon learned there was little to know as they were almost impossible to find.

Half way through the search my wonderful slave Sonya was killed in a hit and run accident. They never found the driver as the car had been stolen. She'd been mine for almost seven years and the grief I felt stopped me in my tracks.

Three months after her death Marnie came into my life. A lovely figure, not too bright, and with no children and dependents to get in the way. She almost fell into my lap and was easy to capture. I found out then that she was a rather shallow person but she still brought a light back into my life as she enthusiastically served me. I resumed my search.

Not long after I heard about Ben Lammond living in the remote parts of North West Tasmania. I decided to try and track him down so I could talk to him. Trouble was, I had no idea how to find him. We took a plane to Hobart and then hired a 4WD. After that we drove to the nearest town where I'd heard he lived, hoping to see what I could find out. In the end I didn't find him, he found me. He was waiting for us in the town as if expecting me. It was the first of many mysteries I was to find about the man.

The trail led to a wide clearing with Ben's house snuggled in the middle. There was a large barn out the back for the horses and goats. On one side a huge vegetable garden enclosed in a large structure made out of fence posts and chicken wire. I'd been told this was mainly to keep the possums out or they would gorge themselves silly on the food Angelina grew. A chicken coop was nearby holding several chickens.

Alternative energy sources were everywhere. A large collection of solar panels on the roof, a couple of windmills scattered around, and a small shed to one side that housed a large array of batteries. Behind the shed were a couple of large gas bottles. These powered the stove, the fridge and the instant hot water system. On the other side was a 20000 litre water tank. The smoke of a wood fire wafted out the house's chimney and the warmth it promised was very inviting compared to the chill winter air around me.

As I entered the house a naked Angelina was already by the door to greet me and ask if she could take my jacket. She was always at the door just as someone was about to enter. The previous day I'd tried a couple of times to sneak in but to no avail. She'd opened the door to welcome me, her eyes twinkling in amusement at my foolishness. Even though in her early eighties, she looked luminous in her nakedness. I let her take the jacket which she put up on a nearby peg.

Ben's other slave made for a strange mix. In her late twenties she was slightly chubby with huge tits that just begged to be sucked and fondled. Ben had only just taken her on.

She and Marnie, both naked, rushed up to kneel before me adoringly, asking if I needed to use their mouths. How could I resist. Angelina looked on approvingly. While Ben had made it clear that, as a guest, I was welcome to use both of his slaves it still didn't feel right for me to use Angelina. She was Ben's property through and through. Linda, on the other hand, was a delight and I soon exploded into their mouths. As they proceeded to lick me clean Angelina leaned over.

"Let me get a taste of that dears."

She kissed Linda deeply. "Mmmm."

In the meantime, my attention was distracted by the heavenly smell of food coming from the kitchen. The stove helped provide some of the heat in the house. In the lounge, an orange glow from the slow burn fire added its inviting warmth.

I'd just sat down on the couch when Angelina opened the door to let Ben in. He was carrying a large pile of logs in his arms which he dumped into a bin by the fire. As soon as he'd done this he was swamped by Angelina and Linda to serve him. I nodded to Marnie to join in. She needed no further encouragement.

It'd been so cold outside but inside the warmth pervaded till it was too hot to wear clothes. In this place nakedness ruled and we were all soon naked. I sat on the couch with Marnie and Linda on either side of me, taking turns sucking and stroking my hard cock. Ben and Angelina were making out in the kitchen before she shoo'ed him out so she could get dinner ready.

That night we all sat round the big wooden table in the extended kitchen area devouring Angelina's rich stew, while we talked about so many things I forgot the details. It was such a nice lazy, hazy feeling.

Linda was sitting between me and Ben when I noticed her lean over and whisper something in his ear. He looked at her slyly and then nodded.

"Guess what Master?" she asked me.

"I dunno, what?"

"I'm sleeping with you and Marnie tonight."

"Is that so. Sounds like I don't have much choice."

"Nope, none at all."

There was a mischievous glint in her eyes. I couldn't help but laugh. Marnie leaned past me to look at Linda.

"Oh goodie, a threesome for Master and me."

I rolled my eyes. The things us Master's have to put up with.

Angelina guffawed.

...

Angelina lay in bed, snuggled beside her Master. She lovingly stroked his cock while savoring the taste of his cum in her mouth.

"You never get tired of that do you?" he teased.

"You made me that way Master," she reminded him.

"That was many life times ago my love."

She laughed. "So, you did a very good job." It was an old joke between them.

Her smile dropped to be replaced by one of serene calmness.

"They'll move against us tonight, won't they Master?"

He nodded.

"Yes. I'm actually looking forward to the change. Unfortunately the girl will have to die if Simon is to survive."

"I know," she replied. "Such a damaged person but she won't leave him much choice though. I feel so sorry for Simon."

He nodded agreement.

"By the way, John dropped by to say hello. He knows what's happening and what to do."

"Then we've done everything we can Master. Time to sleep. We only have a few hours."

They cuddled together.

...

It happened often when you were just over eighty. Her bladder partly full, she got up to go to the toilet. In the dim corridor a shadowed hand slipped around her face and firmly covered her mouth. Venomous words were whispered into her ear.

"Die whore!"

Before she could start or do anything a tightly focused thought blasted into her brain. The thought of death. She convulsed once then slumped. The hand released her to fall dead to the floor.

...

In the stables a man wearing flowing orange robes appeared.

"Shh," his thoughts whispered softly. "I'll protect you. You are safe."

The horses looked at him calmly, his face mirrored in their large, trusting eyes. The goats wagged their tails. In their coop the chickens raised their heads and then quietly went back to sleep.

...

It had been a lovely night with Marnie and Linda. Both were enthusiastic cock suckers and cock fuckers and I'd had a romping good time with them before we all fell asleep in a tangle on the bed.

I looked at my watch and sighed. Bugger, I hated having to get up when I'm warm and cosy to have a piss. The bladder always wins though. I quietly slid from between the two sleeping girls, donned a dressing gown, picked up a torch and stepped into the hall.

Just outside the door I almost tripped over something in the darkness. Shining the torch down I was startled out on my wits to see Angelina lying cold and very dead looking on the floor.

I think my brain thrashed around for half a minute in shock before I ran down the hall to bang on Ben's door yelling out his name.

He opened it, looking very sleepy.

"What's up Simon? Where's Angelina?"

"She's, she's dead," I stammered. "I found her on the floor over there."

I shone the torch on her body. With a cry he leapt past me to crouch down beside her.

"Oh my Angelina!" he cried.

At that moment Marnie came out the bedroom door, a strange fierce look on her face. She stared hard at Ben. For an instant I felt a terrible wave of psychic power roll past me and then Ben collapsed to the ground.

"Marnie," I stammered, "what happened to Ben? What's going on?"

She ignored me as she knelt down beside Ben to feel for his pulse.

"Damn!" she hissed through gritted teeth. She turned to look at me.

"The old man died. I don't know why. He was supposed to be brought into the faith."

"What do you mean?" I asked in shocked confusion

She drew herself up and looked at me with a cold, disdainful expression.

"There is no Marnie, fool. There never was. She was just this vacuous personality I created for you to capture without knowing the real me hiding behind it. As soon as we found out you desired to meet one of the loners we killed that slut Sonya and made 'Marnie' available. We even fed you information on where to find Lammond."

She smirked.

"You fell for it hook, line and sinker. God how I hated having to play that perverted role and prostitute myself before you. But I did it for the Church and for God so we could get the old man. I am Sister Maria Thomas and my life has always been dedicated to God. In your words I am a Paladin."

As her words sunk in I could feel this boiling rage begin to well up in me. I raised my shields.

She paused to consider me again, her eyes hard and calculating.

"Humph!" she finally snorted in sneering contempt. "I might as well convert you to the true faith then that slut Linda."

I suddenly felt a terrible, grinding pressure smash into my shields. A pressure that grew and grew beyond anything I'd been trained to handle before. I had no idea how I was holding off the force she was applying but I thought my brain would explode with the anguish of it.

And there it stayed at this intolerable level. My teeth gritted till my jaw ached with pain. The nails in my clenched fists were drawing blood. My head was screaming as I screamed an angry defiance I never knew I had.

Marnie's eyes blazed with terrible power, then slowly grew red as blood vessels burst. Her nose was starting to bleed. Still, the pressure never slackened for an instant. God, would this never end. I wanted to scream my rage at her but I couldn't spare an ounce of energy from withstanding her relentless assault.

The effects of the battle slowly spread throughout the house and beyond. In the bedroom I was vaguely aware of Linda screaming in pain.

'Would

this

never

end?'

Higher and higher and still higher. The air was sizzling with deadly power.

Everything suddenly stopped.

At that unexpected release of pressure my mind lashed out uncontrollably against hers. She looked at me with a stunned expression on her face before toppling over. In that last, searing instant, blackness overwhelmed me and I fainted dead away.

...

'Master. Master?'

A soft female voice came to me from far away. So very far away.

"Master?"

I painfully opened my bloodshot eyes to find myself cradled in Linda's naked lap. She was pale and shaking. I could barely focus my eyes and my head throbbed with a pounding migraine. I was drenched in sweat and realized I'd pissed myself empty. That hadn't stopped Linda sitting in it to hold me though. Then I sat bolt upright and puked my guts out. Waves of pain shuddered throughout my body while my head exploded in agony. Blood was dripping from my nose.

Off to one side I could see the bodies still lying where they'd fallen. Linda saw where I was looking.

"They're all dead Master." Tears were running down her face.

I crumbled and wept with the sadness of it all. Ben and Angelina were dead. Murdered by bastards who worshiped God but did the Devil's work. Sonya as well for no other reason but to plant Marnie on me. Sister Maria I corrected. I'd been nothing more than a pawn in their cruel, demented war.

12