Once Bitten, Twice Shy

Story Info
Can a man once cheated upon ever trust his ex?
4.6k words
4.09
37.3k
37
21
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Disclaimers: All characters are alive only in the recesses of my mind. Also, any of them partaking in sexual activity are over 18 years of age.

Hello, my name is David Lewis. I am now 47 years of age and in my 25th year of teaching High School, mostly History and Government.

My first 10 years of teaching, I was married to my college sweetheart, Lauren. As with many marriages, we had our ups and downs. The first 5 or 6 years were mostly ups, including the birth of our twins, Donald and Paula, now 20 years of age.

When the twins started school, Lauren got a job, as an assistant to some very important real estate developer. Part time, to start, but after two years, it became full time, much to my dismay. I was a bit old fashioned, thinking our kids needed their mother home after school, every day.

Let me interject, here. While we dated in college, we started off slowly, both being virgins and both raised in conservative families. Our senior year, when we became engaged, we finally had sex. Nothing to write home about, but we had nothing to compare it to.

We found that we were very compatible in bed, and seemed to enjoy our sex life, especially when it started to pick up, during our senior year, and leading up to our graduation.

Within three weeks of graduation, I got a job offer to teach several subjects at a medium sized high school about 40 miles southeast of Seattle. Lauren, meanwhile, was applying for any sort of work. It seems as if her degree in Art History wasn't opening many doors of opportunity.

Moving to the small city of Buckley, while teaching at White River High School, we both could see it was a growing area, with many couples our own age. Finding an apartment in our price range was fairly easy, and Lauren did find work in a small insurance office near our apartment.

While I enjoyed my teaching, she absolutely hated her job. Her extreme dislike of her job nearly brought our sex life to a standstill.

Just about the time she was ready to quit, we found out we were going to have twins. Yes, our sex life had improved, and yes we knew we needed a bigger place to live.

After our twins were born, and we were living in a rental house, that both filled our space needs, and it was priced right. Things between us were just OK, but I wanted more than OK. Each time I would try for some extra curricular activities. Lauren always had some excuse. Too tired. Kids were awful during the day, etc, etc.

By the time they were four, I flat out asked her if she was having an affair. Even though she steadfastly denied any affair, I had some suspicions. Nothing that I could prove, though.

Sex did pick up, for a while, but when the kids started school, she got this part time job, with this hot shot developer. He was a good 15 or more years older, and always tried to look about 25. Way too slick, for my way of thinking.

Things were going along, slowly, with Lauren always complaining about not having enough money. It seemed as if working for Mr. Bigshot gave her some very expensive tastes that this school teacher couldn't compete with.

With our twins in the second grade, she started working late. Then even later. When I asked her what was going on, she told me she had to work more, if we wanted nicer things. When I told her I was happy with what we had, she snapped "well I'm not!" and stormed out the door.

After regaining my composure, I noticed her sitting in our back yard, crying. When I sat down next to her, it seemed as if she wanted to be anywhere but next to me.

This would be the second time in our marriage I asked her if she was cheating on me.

"No, David, but its not because I haven't been asked."

At least she was being honest. "Has your boss come on to you?" I asked not sure if I wanted the truth.

She just nodded, and whispered she actually kissed him, once. That's all.

I was stunned and measured my next words, carefully.

"Do you want a divorce?"

"No. I want us to succeed."

"Are you going to keep working for him?"

"Yes, but he is going out of town for several weeks."

I was relieved, temporarily.

The next 4 or 5 weeks were uneventful, until a late night meeting, caused me to rethink our situation.

When Lauren finally got home, after the twins were in bed, I was waiting in our darkened living room.

When she turned a lamp on, she nearly jumped out of her skin.

"Jesus, David, you scared me," she shrieked."

"Tell me about your meeting, please. And while you are at it, tell my why your office phone wasn't answered."

"I must not have turned my voicemail on."

"Bullshit, its automatic, unless you turn it off, manually."

"I'll ask you again, do you want a divorce?"

"I don't want to talk about it, right now, please," she said, pleading.

The next morning was a teacher in service day, so our kids didn't have school.

By the time I came back home, I found our two ten year olds home alone, and crying. I rushed to both of them, asking where mom was.

Donny just turned his back and sobbed, incoherently. I rushed over, taking his sobbing body in my arms.

"Mom doesn't want us, dad," he sobbed.

Paula repeated the same line.

After calming both of them down, we began talking, quietly. Donny started by saying their mom packed several large suitcases and ran outside to a large car, waiting for her with a man behind the wheel.

Paula came running into my arms. Saying the same thing. I went to what used to be our bedroom, seeing her side of the closet empty, and just stood there, crying.

I texted her phone. No answer. Called. No answer. I called her parents. They didn't know anything, at least that's what they told me.

Our Friday dinner was not a happy occasion. I had to do a lot of thinking, before Monday morning.

Not one word, all weekend, leaving me to think she was off, somewhere fucking her boss.

I did my best by talking at great length all weekend, with my kids. I didn't sugarcoat anything. Even at 10 years of age, they knew something wasn't right at home.

First thing Monday morning, I was at our district court filing protecive orders against my wife, and her boss, one Randall Johnson, Jr.

Right at 10 O'clock that morning, two process servers marched into their place of work, and loudly announced they were both prohibited from going any closer than 500 feet from my house, school, or either of my kids.

As I was teaching my US History class, my phone buzzed. which I promptly ignored. Likewise, the 15 subsequent calls.

When I arrived at home with both kids with me, they were sitting in my driveway about 75 feet from my front door. I called 9-11 and waited. When a patrol car arrived, they promptly arrested both of them for violating our order of protection. I didn't say one word to either of them that took all the self control I could muster.

After consulting a young lawyer, we both filed divorce papers, simultaneously. I couldn't believe she was blaming me for the breakup.

About two weeks later, we had our first meeting. Outside of the conference room. she actually had the balls to ask how the kids were. Ask them, I said, and walked right by her and her greasy looking boyfriend.

Before we even started, my lawyer looked across the table at Johnson, Jr, and quietly said, "either he goes, or we do." He just sat there with a shit eating smirk, so we got up and left. One of his lawyers chased after us, yelling for us to return. I turned and as calmly as I could, said that he was one of the main reasons we are here, but I'm divorcing Lauren Lewis, not him, and we turned and went down the stairs.

While on my way back home, I got a call from the lawyers, again, at which time I informed them that any future meetings would be on my schedule, not theirs, and hung up.

The family court Judge was notified if this breach of conduct, so he called us all into his courtroom the following Monday.

The first thing out of Judge Foley's mouth was, "Mr Johnson, why on earth are you at the plaintiff's table?" Sit in the gallery or get out of my court, he boomed.

As things got down to brass tacks, both our cases were stated. I thought we had a pretty solid case for her abandoning us, which she tried to deny. My lawyer provided the court with statements from my twins detailing the afternoon she packed up her things and left.

Judge Foley asked my wife if these children were lying, or was she lying? Which is it Mrs. Lewis, tell me? After a bit of delaying, she finally told the Judge that the statements the kids made were true, but still blamed me for all of this.

"Was Mr. Lewis abusing you?"

"No, your honor."

"Is he a drinker or a gambler?"

Again, a no, your Honor.

"Then, tell me Mrs. Lewis, why is this Mr. Lewis' fault?"

Shaking her head and staring down at her hands, she had the nerve to say, "he doesn't earn enough money, your Honor."

There, it was out in the open! I was a school teacher. for Christ sakes. She knew that is what I would be even before we got married.

"Well, I'll be damned. I've never heard a plaintiff ever say that as an excuse to abandon her family."

He continued, "I will give you 24 hours to come up with a settlement, or I will impose my own, and one of you will not like it!"

Court adjourned.

Just as her lawyer started saying something to me, I interrupted him, saying quite loudly, "she gets nothing!"

"There are things in the house she wants"

"Have her make a list, and if I agree, I will toss them into the front yard for her." And then we left.

There were a few things that I really wanted out of my house, but I had calmed down enough to place them in a few boxes and told her she could get them at any time.

When she came to get them, she had the nerve to knock on our door, and asked to see the kids. They absolutely refused.

A few days later, we went in front of the Judge for the final time. Papers were signed, to my regrettable satisfaction. And, in 60 days, my nearly 15 year marriage would come to a crashing end.

The kids could visit her, only if invited. She was still not allowed anywhere near my house, or school. And I was left to pick up and carry on.

In the ensuing years, my kids flourished, both in the classroom and in making friends. They even learned to get over the lack of calls, or even birthday cards from their mother.

As they were starting high school, at the building where I taught, my daughter, one evening, asked me if I had any thoughts about dating. I was stunned. To be perfectly honest, I hadn't given dating a thought for years. I was in my early 40's, in reasonable shape, had all my hair, with a little gray mixed in with the medium brown.

"Why do you ask?" I queried.

"One of our friends mother is single, and always looks sad," she replied.

I just stared and said its only been a couple of years, Paula, I'm not in any rush.

"Dad, its been over 5 years, you are waisting away."

Christ, 5 years, I thought to myself. Was I able to date after all this time? Only one way to find out. After making both my kids swear not to get involved, I decided to give it a try. Maybe.

The school year was ending, with still no word from their mother. They were both turning 16, and both had summer jobs. I did some coaching of our American Legion team, which kept me somewhat busy.

After one of the practices, this one mother, Andrea Matthews, came up to me, and told me both her son and her daughter liked my daughter, and liked my coaching this team.

Looking at her, I couldn't find a more different lady then my ex wife. Lauren was nearly as tall as I was, at 5'9" and Andrea was maybe 5'2" on tip toes. Lauren was thin and barely a B cup. Andrea was a bit on the round side and a good D cup, or better. Finally, where Lauren was brassy, Andrea was quiet and always calm.

Andrea's son was a year younger than my kids, and she had a daughter my kids age. Her daughter, Kathy, was in several of my kids classes, so they all knew each other.

I finally decided, why not, and asked her just for coffee. The first time I just felt awkward. A 42 year old man, on a "first date". Whatever it was, it went really well. We talked about everything except our failed marriages. We both admitted it was fun, and promised to do this, again.

We did, but it was nearly 6 weeks later. This time, I actually built up my courage and asked her to dinner. Wow, I was on an actual date. My kids were more nervous than I was.

Dinner went exceptionally well. As I walked her to her front door, we stopped, with her telling me, she just couldn't invite me in. Great, I said, because I really didn't want to screw whatever we had going, up.

Just before school was getting ready to start, with my kids entering their Senior year, they spent a Saturday afternoon at the largest mall in our area. Some friends drove them there, giving me some peace and quiet to start my class prep.

Late that afternoon, they came back, each with a few bags of necessities for the upcoming school year. After showing me what they bought, I new they had more to tell.

Paula started.

"Dad, we saw, um Lauren at the mall. Working!"

I couldn't believe my ears.

"Dad, she looked like shit," Donny commented.

She looked 60 years old, and washed out, my daughter said. "Oh, and dad, she has fake boobs!"

Donny then told me, they were on display for anyone to see.

Now for the best part. They both said, in unison, she was working at the Red Robin, one of a very large chain of hamburger restaurants.

"Did she see either of you?" I asked.

"Yes, and was very embarrassed," Paula told me.

"Did either of you talk to her?"

Nope, from both of them.

Inwardly, I just smiled.

As luck would have it, one of our neighbors was the Manager of that restaurant, and the next day filled us all in on the scoop. He really didn't know she was my ex, as she was using her maiden name, Jamison.

As the late Paul Harvey used to say, now you will hear the rest of the story.

It seems as if Lauren's gravy train lasted only about 3 years. Long enough for Junior to buy her fake tits, as she always wanted a chest. Long enough to learn she was never going to be Mrs. Johnson, long enough to be replaced by a much younger model, and long enough to learn that Randall was leveraged to his eyeballs, which came crashing down all around him, leaving her with nothing more than a few nice clothes, huge implants, and absolutely no job skills.

I actually felt sorry for her. For a small fraction of a second, then decided I needed more time with Andrea.

Was I awful? No. Vindictive? Also, no. Happy? Well, just a little.

I made another dinner date with Andrea for the following Friday evening. Both my kids just happened to have sleep overs that night, knowing something just might happen. I kept thinking to myself, I should only be that lucky.

The week crept by, seeming to take months to get to Friday. Andrea and I talked each day, without me telling her my house would be empty.

When Friday finally arrived, I was a nervous wreck. It took both my kids to calm me down. Successfully.

Picking her up, she nearly knocked my socks off, wearing a very nice dress, that showed the 20 or so pounds she had lost very nicely.

Dinner was fantastic. As we were choosing our dessert, she quietly asked if she was on the menu. We just sat there, blushing like two teenagers.

Arriving back at my empty house, we entered and for a moment just stood inside and looked at each other. I took her face in both hands and very softly kissed her lips.

Taking off our coats, we kissed again. And again. Off came my tie. My shirt was unbuttoned. We made a mad dash to my bedroom. Removing our clothes, letting them fall where they may.

Kissing over and over. Falling nearly naked on my bed, I finally reached to unhook her bra. Just as she was going to say something, I quieted her with my softest kiss of the night. As her bra fell away, I cupped each breast and leaned over taking one nipple in my mouth and caressing the other with my hand.

I reached into my nightstand for a condom, hoping I remembered how to use one. I did.

While not getting the highest scores from all the judges, we did have a great first sexual encounter. It could have lasted longer, but it left us both panting, and wanting more.

Laying side by side, she spoke first.

"David, you are only the third man who I've ever been with. And I have to say, the best."

I took her face in my hands and told her she was my second, only, but my number one, also. As we were complementing each other I started getting hard, again, so I after giving her rock hard nipples the attention they deserved, I started down her body.

By the time my tongue touched her pussy lips, her body was already shaking. When I sucked on her clit, for the first time, her orgasm shook the bed. Another condom appeared. We made love very slowly, causing several more orgasms for her, and a fantastic finish for me.

Cleaning up, and cuddling back in bed, she looked me in the eyes and tearfully told me that was a first for her. Neither her ex nor the one other man she had been with ever went down on her.

It took us all of 2 or 3 minutes to fall into a deep sleep.

Saturday morning, I woke to find her smiling as she just stared at me.

"David, this room smells of sex!"

"Yes, isn't that nice," I answered, grinning.

"Are you disappointed with anything?"

"Absolutely not, Andrea, you are the most beautiful woman in the world. Look in the mirror, if you are honest with yourself, you will see that, too."

I meant every word I said. Yes, she was carrying a few extra pounds. I had skinny, and you see where that got me.

Just as we were finishing our breakfast, my two kids, along with her two came busting in the door, as if nothing out of the ordinary was going on. Wow, my two had a sleepover with her two! The little sneaks.

After having breakfast with all four kids, we just sat around talking as if we had been a family for years.

As I sat back watching our two families acting as one, I actually started thinking. Could we become one big family? Was I ready to love another woman? I think that was fairly evident with our love making session, which brought a huge grin to my face.

Watching me grin, Donny, or Don as he now preferred, asked what has you grinning so much, this morning. Glancing at a blushing Andrea, all I said was, can't I be happy?

We continued dating most of the school year, with my teaching and her at her bookkeeping job, we kept very busy. One of the extras for both of us, was Andrea telling me condoms we no longer needed, as she had her tubes tied, years before, but she wanted condoms until she was sure that I was more than a passing fancy.

One nice Sunday, in Spring, we were all enjoying an outdoor lunch, when our kids, just blurted out, when are we going to move into one house, all together? With our mouths hanging open, the two girls said, together, you two don't even have to get married, if that's your choice.

Needless to say, Andrea and I were stunned. We looked at each other, both wondering if marriage was a possibility. I was old fashioned enough not to live together, at least until we became engaged.

"I think we need to go house hunting, my dear."

"Agreed," she replied.

As one, all four kids yelled, "not without us approving!"

As they all left for parts unknown, I looked Andrea right in the eyes and whispered, "will you make me the happiest man on earth and marry me?"

Her jumping in my arms and kissing me as deeply as ever, I knew her answer was a resounding yes.

Then, thinking I couldn't be any more surprised, she quietly said. how about two weeks from yesterday!

Holy shit, I thought. Then, letting reason take hold, I said to myself, why not. We had a readymade bridal party. Two best men, Don and Andy. Two maids of honor, Paula and Kathy. We really didn't need much more. Oh, yes, we both said, how about rings!

12