One Whore's Town Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Her lip quivered and she quickly wrapped her arms around him — as far as they would go — and pulled him close. His huge, gentle arms enfolded her in a warm embrace as well.

"Sorry. I'll be more careful," he said in a soft voice as he caressed her back.

"I..." Betty caught herself and said, "You'd better." She closed her eyes and pressed her cheek against his chest. Her heart was racing even as her stomach knotted. It wasn't so much the words she'd almost uttered as the fact that she had admitted to herself that they were true.

I love you.

It was ridiculous. She was a whore. It was as impossible as impossible could be. Yet somehow, held in his arms, she couldn't let the feeling go.

****

As darkness descended, the men finally stopped coming. Traveling the open roads at night was a lot more dangerous than crossing town to a brothel. Even the promise of pussy wasn't enough to draw men out onto darkened roads. Considering all four of them had been humping the day through, it was a welcome respite. Betty had only needed to take on one more man during the day when four had arrived together, but the time she'd spent with her legs in the air was a lot more than what she was used to of late. Her pussy was sore. Her tits ached. Her knees stung.

It was definitely time for her to make her living sitting behind a desk counting coins instead of on her back earning them. She wasn't getting any younger.

Across the way, Lana and Lilly were chatting. The new girl was smiling and seemed content with her lot. It was a transformation she'd not only seen so many times over the years, but also experienced herself. Betty vividly remembered the relief of being accepted to the Cat all those years ago. Having a safe place to ply her trade had lifted an enormous burden off her shoulders — made it bearable.

Being in a position to offer that same solace to another frightened, desperate young woman made all the years of getting poked by sweaty oafs worth it.

Jan's last hump had left a few minutes before with the darkness chasing him home. Betty glanced over her shoulder, toward the door to the outhouses, expecting the buxom blonde to return any moment. They were all hungry and looking forward to whatever Jan conjured up in the kitchen.

They all jumped when they heard her scream.

Ghent literally jumped — vaulting over the back of the couch. In only a few seconds, he burst out the door to the rear of the house with a roar that would have made a plains cat piss itself in fear. Betty, the other two girls, and Pallah scrambled to follow.

When they reached the door, they found Jan shivering in the doorway. Ghent was standing protectively in front of her with a long dagger in hand, staring out into the darkness with a glare full of unbridled rage. He waved his other hand, indicating everyone should get away from the door. Betty grasped Jan's trembling hand and pulled her into the house.

"What happened, honey?" Betty asked.

"Some m-man tried to g-grab me," Jan answered.

Betty asked, "Why didn't you use your ring on him?"

"I panicked and kneed him where he lives," Jan explained. "H-he let go, I fell down, and then Ghent was there."

"Got him good, too," Ghent said as he securely latched the door. "I could smell the puke and he was running funny. Hope she turned them to mush. Far enough away I didn't want to try to chase him and leave Jan alone."

"Come into the front. You okay, honey?" Betty asked.

Jan nodded. "Just need to catch my breath."

Betty got her settled on the couch, sat down, and held her hand. The blonde showed remarkable resilience, because her breathing was already slowing and she'd ceased to tremble.

A knock on the door caused them all to start and Lilly yelped in alarm. Everyone breathed a sigh of relief when Janus called from outside, "Everything okay?"

"It's open. Come in," Betty said. She then turned to Ghent and said, "Fix that. Lock all the outside doors."

The big man nodded and set to the task.

Betty explained to Janus what had happened. He asked, "What did this fellow look like?"

Jan shrugged. "He had a mask over his face. All I could see was his eyes and ratty brown hair. His breath stank of whisky."

Janus sighed. "Think it's safe to say the bitch knows you're here."

"Probably some drunk she promised a hump to come and scare us," Betty growled. "Okay, girls. Nobody goes outside alone. No excuses. Even if it's the middle of the night and you're about to piss yourself, you have someone go with you. Lock the doors behind you every time you come in. Start carrying your daggers too. Ghent, do you have one you can loan Lilly?"

"Got a little one that will do the trick," he answered.

"I wish I'd brought another ring. Damn it," Betty cursed. She held up the ring to show the new girl and said, "These are magic. Touch someone with them, think about it, and it knocks them out. You'll get one as soon as possible, but for now, take mine."

Ghent grunted in disapproval of that notion.

"She needs it more than I do. I'm with you all the time and I know how to use my knife," Betty said as she stood up.

The big man nodded his head and said, "You're right."

Lilly's formerly relaxed features had taken on a nervous edge. Betty handed over her ring and said, "You could always grab a skillet from the kitchen. You've already proved you know how to take care of yourself with one of those."

That had the desired reaction of drawing out a faint smile from the Draxnian girl.

"Best we can expect is the day after tomorrow for the boys Alice is sending," Betty mused as she turned back to Ghent.

"Need to set a watch at night," Ghent said.

Janus said, "I'll take a stretch. I may not be much of a fighter, but nobody is getting through the walls or these doors very easy, or quietly. The windows are high and small on purpose. Easy enough to get out in an emergency, but it would take some doing to climb in one from outside. Just needs to be somebody awake to sound the alarm."

"I'd honestly feel better with you in here instead of over there by yourself anyway," Betty said.

"He's right," Ghent said. "Gonna need an axe to get through those doors or a battering ram to knock down the walls. Ain't like bricks and slate burn real easy either. Can you take a watch, Pallah?"

"What about the horses?" the young man asked.

"We'll just have to risk it," Betty said. "Studly doesn't like strangers and he always raises a ruckus whenever anybody's around. Whoever is awake should hear that."

"Besides, the barn is made of brick too," Janus offered.

"Okay. I'll take the last," Pallah said. "I'm used to getting up before the sun."

Ghent said, "And I'll take the middle watch. I can deal with the broken sleep."

Janus nodded. "And I'm used to being up late, so that works."

"And I'll go make supper," Jan said as she stood up.

Betty asked, "You sure you're okay?"

"I enjoy cooking. It takes my mind off things. Besides, we're all starving."

Betty smiled. "Go ahead. You're not wrong there."

Everyone's nerves seemed to have settled. Betty felt a lot better with a plan that Ghent approved of in place as well. They should be able to make it through two nights.

"Why don't I go fetch some wine?" Janus offered. "You ladies don't have to stay up, so you may as well sleep well."

Ghent said, "I'll go with you, and then you can help me fill the tub with clean water."

"Please," Betty said. "I've got talc caked under my arms and I can barely stand to be around myself."

That drew chuckles from everyone.

"And make sure the horses are settled for the night?" Pallah added.

Ghent hesitated and looked to Betty.

"Nobody is going to try anything in the next few minutes, and all the doors will be locked," she assured him.

Ghent grunted and nodded for the other two men to come with him.

Betty said, "Well girls, from what I've seen so far, she's not got much going for her. A lunkhead who threatens scrawny innkeepers, a couple of inept thieves who were foiled by a stableboy, and scruffy drunks. There may be a reason to be scared of her wrath in town, with the law sniffing her pussy, but out here, that's about as useful as tits on a boar. Keep your eyes open, your wits about you, your legs in the air, and we'll put the bitch out of business before the boys from the Kip even get here."

The little speech drew smiles and further cut the tension that had arisen with Jan's scream. Betty was about half convinced of it herself. It wasn't enough to change her mind about hightailing it back to the Kip as soon as Alice's boys arrived, but it was a nice fantasy.

****

Betty was loathe to get up when she awakened warm and safe beneath the covers with Ghent. Unfortunately, the rooster wouldn't shut the hell up, and if it was anything like the previous day, men would start showing up at first light. She carefully slipped out of the bed to avoid waking Ghent. He needed the rest after the broken sleep of middle watch.

When she opened the door, she saw Pallah staring watchfully into the hall. Upon seeing her, he nodded and stepped back toward the front of the house. Betty walked into the front room to see him squinting into the faint morning light for a few moments. He then moved toward the hall where the other girls were sleeping, making the rounds of the house. Janus was asleep on the couch.

Pallah returned to the front room, and Betty quietly said, "You can relax a little, honey. It's light enough out that I can see the road — barely. I think we're safe enough for the time being."

The young stableman nodded. "Do you think it would be okay if I go check on the horses?"

"I'd feel better about it if you wait just a little while, until somebody can go with you." She smiled and said, "You really take pride in what you do, don't you? Whether it's caring for the horses, or standing a watch, you don't do anything halfway." She twitched her eyebrows and added, "From what Lilly said, you're a fast learner and just as dedicated to other things too."

Pallah blushed, shrugged, and said, "At least you appreciate my work. It's a nice change."

"The innkeeper didn't?"

"Well, no, he actually did. He told me that he hated to let me go, but he couldn't risk being on Josephine's bad side. It's the guild that ignores me."

"Why would they do that? Seems to me you do your job as well as anyone. Maybe better."

Pallah sighed. "My old master was going to put in his word for me, but then he fell ill. I don't know why, but the guild headman decided his death was my fault. I was already a journeyman, so I could keep working the stable, but I would have never become a master."

Betty walked up and cupped his cheek in her hand. "You know, there are ways of fixing things like that. A man will agree to almost anything when he's slack-jawed and silly from coming. I could have one of the girls convince him to change his mind."

"Doesn't matter any more. I lost my work. I want to earn my place fair, anyway. No offense."

"None taken," Betty said. "You're still minding stable for us, so that meets the bar for the guild, doesn't it?"

The young man looked as if he was about to answer in the negative, but then his eyes narrowed in thought and he said, "You know, I think it does."

"And that means you're still a journeyman," Betty said. "Does the name Gordan Stillbrand ring any bells?"

"My master spoke to him once. He's the Guildmaster for the region."

"And living in Windsholme," Betty said. "We went to him before we built our stable and took his advice on what to do and who to hire. He seems like an honest man, and not all that judgmental if he treats a pack of whores like anyone else. Seems to me if someone told him you were being treated wrong, he could come see for himself."

"Do you think he would?"

"I do. Especially if you end up back in Windsholme with us. Don't give up on becoming a master just yet, honey."

Janus yawned. "She's right. Just because the headman won't give you your due, don't give up."

"Didn't mean to wake you, honey," Betty apologized.

"Damn rooster was rousing me anyway," Janus said as he pushed back his blanket. "The headman for my guild did me dirty too. I rode out to see the Guildmaster myself with some of my bricks to earn my place. Don't let a jackass stop you from getting what you've earned. From what I've seen, you've earned your master's shingle."

Pallah stood a little straighter and smiled as he said, "Thanks."

"Just the truth," Janus said.

Heavy footfalls and the creaking of door hinges announced Ghent had awakened. The big man walked into the front room rubbing his eyes and said, "Gonna hammer that damn bird's pecker into a log to shut it up."

Betty laughed and said, "You'll have to wait in line, honey."

Janus swung his legs off the couch and said, "If I didn't need it to keep chickens on hand, I'd have wrung his neck by now. First sign of light and the bastard starts bellowing."

Jan was next to emerge from the hallway — her usually well-coiffed hair a disaster sticking out every which direction. "Coffee," she muttered as she passed through the room.

The sentiment was rather universal.

****

Betty croaked around the cock ramming into her throat. He was a little bigger than average, and seemed to have taken it as a challenge that she could take his pussy-slick prick in her throat after he yanked it out of her pussy. He fucked her face hard — his balls slapping her chin. Even though it was a struggle to keep her gorge down, she dug her fingers into his buttocks and tugged with every stroke, as if to silently ask, "Is that all you've got?"

She knew he was enjoying it.

As soon as he erupted into her throat, Betty dug her nails into his ass with one hand and squeezed his pulsing balls with the other. She kept him in her throat — swallowing around him — and drained him dry to an increasingly high-pitched chorus of grunts and growls.

He was wobbling and whimpering pitifully by the time she finally relented and let his sensitive member slide from between her lips. He collapsed into a heap on the bed and banged his head on the headboard a moment later.

Betty gave him a victorious smile and licked her lips while caressing one of her slobber-streaked breasts. It took him quite a while to find the strength to rise and dress, but when he did, he left her a small silver coin worth at least twice what he'd originally paid to hump her.

She'd read the young soldier perfectly.

That made a half a dozen of Corra's men who had visited, along with twenty other customers — including some repeats from previous days. The potential was beginning to wear down her determination to pack up and hit the road as soon as the new men from the Kip arrived. She knew full well it was a surge that would trickle down once the new wore off, but it was hard to ignore just how much pent up cum was waiting for a willing pussy or mouth to accept it.

She thought she would be right back in the bed when she walked into the front room after cleaning up and saw a man waiting. A couple of subtle hand gestures from Ghent let her know that the man was waiting on Lilly. At that moment, she saw Lilly's door open and the new girl's latest hump emerge wearing a weary, but satisfied expression.

Betty circled around the couch and said, "Lilly will be ready for you soon, honey."

The man gave a nod and made a point of not looking at the fellow who had preceded him exiting through the front door. When the door opened, Betty recognized the young soldier who had just filled her belly with cum riding back toward the house at the side of another soldier who was wearing his full armor. Lilly's most recent hump froze in the doorway and Betty could see his hand shaking.

She quickly moved in beside him and rested a hand on his arm. He started and stared at her with frightened eyes, but she said, "Shhh... Everything is fine. I promise. Just run along home, honey."

He hesitated at first, but then let her guide him off to the side, away from the approaching riders. When she let his arm go, he put his head down and walked toward the road — likely muttering prayers.

"Word from General Corra," the armored soldier said. "We were sent to escort those on liberty back to the barracks. There have been attacks on the road."

Betty lifted a hand to massage her temples, blew out a long breath, and speculated, "On men coming here?"

The soldier nodded. "And leaving." He then turned toward the man attempting to sneak away and said, "Goodman, you would do well to wait until I can escort you to a region more soundly within our patrols."

"I ain't in trouble?" the man asked with a nervous titter in his voice.

"General Corra enforces no law against seeking the comfort of a woman. The only trouble is on the road for those who travel alone from this place."

The other soldier said, "I'm the General's man and you saw me inside."

Betty offered her own assurance, "You can trust them, honey. The General's been nothing but polite to us, and he knows we're whores."

"I'll wait," the nervous man said.

"How bad is it?" Betty asked.

"Most were simply waylaid and warned against coming here. One man fought back and he was beaten badly. Unfortunately, they have taken the care to time our patrols and knew when it was safe to strike. We have been unable to apprehend any of the perpetrators. That is being addressed. From what we have gleaned, it is a group of four to six masked men. The description of the assailants suggests there may be more than one group."

"Someone tried to grab one of my girls last night," Betty revealed.

The soldier asked, "She is unharmed?"

"He wasn't expecting a fight, or a knee in the crotch. He hobbled off while my man was making sure she was safe. Does the General want us to start turning men away?"

"That is to be your decision, though the attacks will surely discourage... visitors, and we are to warn anyone against traveling the road alone unless armed and capable."

Betty sighed. "I have a couple still inside. Can you wait and escort them too? They shouldn't be long."

The soldier nodded.

"Tell General Corra we appreciate the warning and apologize for the trouble. With any luck, we'll have guards here to watch over us on the way home tomorrow. That's been the plan anyway, but this..."

Both soldiers looked a little saddened by that revelation. The one said, "I will carry your words to the General."

"Thank you," Betty said as she stepped back inside.

When she glanced at Ghent, he said, "I heard."

Betty said, "Explain what's going on to the couple still back in the rooms so they don't piss themselves. I need a drink."

A cup of wine settled her nerves and cooled her anger. It was hardly surprising that once the two remaining men left with the soldiers, Betty and her girls were mostly idle. Bad news always traveled far and wide before good news could even put its boots on. A trio of sellswords and a pair of merchants who had guards stopped in for a hump, but the steady progression of locals hungry for pussy ended abruptly.

"Well, that's that," Betty said as night was descending and everyone was gathered in the front room of the house after supper.

"Good while it lasted," Lana remarked.

Betty said, "Hopefully the boys from the Kip will show up early tomorrow and we can head home — away from this madness. Pallah, we'll find you work and see about getting you your master's shingle once we get home. Lilly, no need to worry. You're coming home with us too. We always seem to be short a girl or two at the Kip, and new girls always attract a lot of attention."

"Going to be a lot lonelier here when you head out," Janus said.

"Honestly, you should come with us too," Betty suggested. "I don't feel good about leaving you in danger from the trouble we've caused you. I'll personally put you up until you can get on your feet."