One-Woman Show

Story Info
Artist becomes the artwork.
8.6k words
4.19
18.7k
15
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

In the now-quiet studio Cassie began picking up a used plastic cup here and there as the open house drew to a close. For whatever reason, the usually modest turn-out was replaced by a steady stream of appreciative and knowledgeable patrons and the afternoon had passed quickly.

The evening's plans with friends had determined her choice of attire and although Cassie is comfortable in high heels and the short fitted dress a working art studio presented many obstacles and she found herself moving deliberately as she straightened up. A streak of acrylic color would be an unwelcome accent to the black fabric.

As she checked the time she noted that there was only a few minutes remaining in the posted hours and was startled to note a lone woman behind her by the door to the studio. Noting her surprise the guest smiled and offered a combined apology and introduction. "Toni" appeared to be in her mid-to-late forties but her tight, well-sculpted figure indicated an active lifestyle. About 5'7", she was dressed casually in a modestly-short skirt, loose blouse and leather jacket. Her exposed legs were hard and toned and if it weren't for the three inch heels she could probably sprint away in an instant. Cassie remembered her briefly from the earlier crowd but at that moment she was tied up with a boring exchange with an art critic from the small arts publication. She knew the mention that would result would undoubtedly be read by every one of the 20 readers who would seek this "expert's" opinion.

Cassie quickly matched smiles with her guest and took her outstretched hand.

"I'm Cassie," she said, "Welcome to my studio."

Toni said, "Forgive me but I just had to come back one more time."

"I saw several things I liked in my earlier visit; my husband and I are aggressive collectors," Toni said.

Cassie noticed that Toni gave her a longer than usual look, more like those she typically noted from men. The term "aggressive collector" also caught her attention but quickly dismissed it. Noting that she needed to meet her husband in less than an hour to make the early dinner reservations, she focused back on her guest.

"Anything in particular?" Cassie queried.

Toni slowly moved the few steps to the largest piece in the studio, a towering 6 foot canvas of vivid colors.

"This piece would fit particularly well in our home in both size and color," she offered.

Turning back to face Cassie she added, "There are a few smaller pieces we would be interested in as well."

"I would like to bring my husband by if that could be arranged," Toni added.

"Of course," Cassie said, and they quickly agreed to a meeting on Tuesday afternoon.

"We have a group of like-minded friends that will be meeting at our home this weekend and we love to show new pieces when we get together."

"We meet monthly, this is our turn to host", Toni added.

"Well Tuesday then," she closed and slowly turned to leave.

Cassie quickly finished closing the studio, turned off the lights, locked the door and walked to her car.

Cassie was working around her studio in her normal "working clothes" as Toni and a tall ruggedly handsome man entered the studio. The man was over six feet tall and was powerfully built, perhaps ex-military. His hair was not regulation-short though so she assumed he was retired, if military at all. He had strong shoulders and arms and wore a dark gray pullover, black slacks and expensive loafers. A large exotic wristwatch surrounded his left wrist. Toni was dressed in a red jogging warm-up with name-brand running shoes. The suit was well-fitted though and moved with her as she strode into the studio.

The man offered his hand to Cassie and introduced himself as Jim Thompson.

"My wife has raved about what she saw here this weekend and now I can see why she was so excited," he smiled but his gaze continued to be fixed on Cassie.

Cassie quickly turned to the large piece on the wall and said, "Toni mentioned this might be something you are interested in". "I have to admit it is a favorite of mine but so few people have a place to display something like this."

Jim quickly offered that their security business has been good to them since he retired from the Navy. He said "We have been fortunate to be able to pursue some of our passions for beautiful things."

The conversation turned to the piece on the wall and Cassie found herself quite comfortable with this handsome couple. After carefully examining most of the displayed pieces Cassie invited them to the small table she maintained for discussions like this and offered glasses of her favorite wine. They were all enjoying the easy conversation and exchange of life experience. Cassie found they were both well-traveled. Jim had been in Navy Special Ops. Toni was a drill instructor in the Army as a young woman but achieved a degree in wellness and taught women's self-defense as an adjunct to their security business. They provided training as well as managed teams of security personnel for individuals who needed discrete security equipment and assistance.

Not only was a deal struck on the large piece but two of her more recent smaller pieces as well. The couple had paid her asking price without hesitation and their only concern seemed to be the availability of the pieces for the upcoming weekend's event. Cassie was surprised that more than an hour had elapsed since their arrival and as she walked them to the parking lot she was excited by the boost to her relatively new art business.

Jim and Toni had mentioned that they would not be able to transport the pieces that day and it became obvious as Cassie noted that their vehicle was a black Mercedes SL AMG. Cassie liked the lines of the low, roadster and knew only that it was a very expensive car.

As they stood next to the car, Toni asked if Cassie could be available Friday to pick up the new purchases. Cassie assured them she would be available and they agreed to a 1 PM appointment.

Toni mentioned, "We will have a couple of the boys come by with a van."

Cassie enjoyed looking at the small "SOLD" tag she placed on the three pieces for the remainder of the week and on Friday morning began carefully wrapping the pieces in the heavy brown paper she kept for the purpose. When she returned from a brief lunch with her husband she was ready for the pick-up. If the couple had not paid her in full in cash she might have had some reservation but this was by far the largest and easiest sale she had made.

The lunch at their favorite restaurant was a gift from her husband who hoped that now she would be famous enough as an artist to secure dependable reservations anywhere in town. Cassie offered to have him stick around to actually verify the pieces were sold but he declined and dropped her off at her studio with a passionate kiss.

At exactly 1 PM Cassie heard the studio door open and turned to see two very powerful young men at her door. She was both startled and impressed at the same time by the two men before her. Although dressed in casual slacks and pullovers similar to Jim they had the solid look of men who had earned their physiques in action and not at the local gym. They were very polite and professionally disposed and offered their names as Sean and Carl. Sean appeared to be in his early 30's and had a slight British accent. He was tall but not overly so, perhaps 6' with reddish blonde hair and a small scar at the base of one eye. Carl was slightly shorter but had broader shoulders and his black skin contrasted sharply with his clear white eyes and teeth.

Sean said, "We work for Mr. Thompson and we are here to pick up the artwork."

Cassie quickly regained her composure and directed them to the three well-wrapped items. Sean took the two smaller packages and quickly returned from the van. Carl examined the larger piece as if to determine the best way to handle it but also seemed to be examining the studio; perhaps a natural habit from his security work.

As Carl moved in the studio Cassie found herself aroused by his powerful form, easy movements and what appeared to be a large "package" despite the clothing, tailored to allow easy movement. Cassie felt her nipples stir against the fabric of her bra and hoped the thin, cotton, button-down she wore in the studio would not betray her excitement. She quickly focused and reminded herself that she was old enough to be the mother of these young men.

Sean and Carl now lifted the large piece and although the weight could have been handled by a single finger of either man the size and awkwardness of the package caused them to move carefully. Cassie followed closely to assist as they passed through the door and walked with them to the van to make sure the pieces would be well-protected during transport. A large black van was parked close to the door; the kind used by caterers and package delivery firms, not the small personal vans commonly seen in traffic.

Carl and Sean eased the piece carefully into the van and placed it against the side of the van. Cassie stepped into the van to make sure the piece was treated securely but stayed out of the way. Sean used a roll of duck-tape to secure some soft foam under the piece and against the side of the van. When he was finished Carl began to secure it with soft white cord. The men were obviously familiar with knots and Carl produced a sharp knife seemingly from thin air and expertly unfolded the blade and trimmed the cord.

In the instant Cassie was distracted by Carl's work, she felt a hand clasped quickly over her mouth and a strong arm around her torso, clamping her arms against her sides. She reflexively struggled by realized the futility against the powerful embrace. She saw Carl move instantly to peel a piece of the tape. She thought that she would have an instant to scream but Carl placed the knife by her check and without saying a word she knew that to cry out could be fatal.

As soon as the tape covered her mouth, Carl had her ankles tied and she was placed forcefully but not roughly face down on the floor of the van; her hands were similarly bound behind her and she was lifted and placed on her side on a pile of soft moving pads. She felt the doors close and in a flash the van was moving out of the studio's parking lot.

Her thoughts slowed and she found herself thinking carefully that another artist would find her studio vacant and perhaps call her husband. Regardless, when she did not return home by the usual time in the evening her husband would certainly try to contact her. Police can track cell phones too, she thought, but then remembered she left her bag and phone in the studio. She fought back panic and tried to slow her breathing.

But why has this happened she questioned? Kidnap, ransom....both she and her husband had owned successful business and they enjoyed a comfortable but low-key lifestyle. If not that then what? Rape, murder? The panic began to well up inside her again.

The van seemed to stop and start and she heard traffic noise, downtown traffic or the loop? She heard the sound of the light rail so she knew she was downtown. Focus, she needed to focus. After a time, the pace increased and the van seemed to be out on the highway again, but quickly the van eased to the side and slowed as it exited the highway. Slow paced traffic now and then she felt the van turn and bump as if it had turned into a driveway.

In a few seconds the van stopped and the engine was quiet. Sean was the first to reach her and after removing the tie around her ankles, helped her to stand. The door opened and she saw Carl and they both eased her out of van. She found herself near a side door to what looked like a large home in River Oaks. Mature trees and a long drive so she knew she could never outrun the young men to the street or even move long enough to attract attention. She would have to wait to see what purpose this terrible ordeal was to serve.

With one man on either side she was led into the house and immediately saw a well-appointed home. Its occupants obviously enjoyed all the luxuries. She was led into a study and placed in an expensive wooden chair in front of a large oak desk. Immediately a side door opened and Jim entered the room. His excited smile strangely contrasting to the method with which they were meeting. He walked quickly to her side and gently eased the tape from her mouth.

"Please accept my apologies, my dear." "I hope the boys did not harm you in any way...they are professionals".

Cassie was filled with anger and confusion over why this seemingly pleasant man would abduct her. She had to admit that she had been treated well physically but the emotional and mental anguish was draining.

Jim looked at Carl and said, "I think our guest is comfortable now, please remove the restraints."

Cassie felt a chill as Carl again produced the knife and its razor sharpness parted the ties around her wrists as if they were mere thread. She moved her arms in front and massaged the stiffness away.

"That's all boys, thank you." Jim said, and the two men moved silently away.

As the fear eased inside Cassie, she faced her confusion with why she was brought here in this fashion. She would have been happy to come to this beautiful home if she had simply been invited. There had to be more to this encounter. She decided not to give in to her panic and wait for an opportunity to leave. She felt she could probably get to the house next door if given even an instant. Her regular work outs were not just to maintain her figure and she knew she could do well in a sprint across the yard if she had only a few seconds head start. She must convince Jim that she was at ease and not contemplating escape.

Jim then did the one thing she was not expecting, he offered her his hand to rise from the chair and offered his arm.

"Walk with me, my dear." "I hope you might appreciate some of the other beautiful things nearby."

Cassie caught the word "other" but couldn't discern a meaning.

If it hadn't been for the abduction this would be a perfectly natural tour of a truly impressive mansion. Beautiful artwork and furniture was everywhere. They walked down two long hallways lined with tastefully displayed artwork, paintings, tapestries, sculpture...all media, periods and styles; an art students dream. The shear variety itself made the diversity unnoticed as no museum or gallery would display such diverse works in such p close proximity to each other. As they came to a large dining room, there were young workers moving the furniture and preparing several buffet tables. At that moment she remembered Toni's reference to the party. The reason for the art purchase in the first place.

Having an artist in attendance is common-place....abducting he artist is not.

"As my wife mentioned, it is our turn to host our art group tonight," Jim said.

"Our guests expect to be impressed at these events and Toni and I do not want to disappoint," he added.

"Thanks to you, we will have several beautiful things to enjoy tonight."

Cassie's confusion at this bizarre situation grew but she took in everything. She noted doors and thought of various ways she might slip by the many caterers and into the street. She would bide her time.

They moved into a large formal foyer and there, she saw Toni unwrapping the brown paper from her works with Carl and Sean. Two easels were placed in the center of the foyer for the smaller works and two large stands were being positioned near the wall of the foyer. Toni could imagine her large acrylic being suspended from one but assumed there must be another large work to be displayed.

With the sight of Toni, Cassie eased, and began to feel more secure. Toni smiled and moved toward her and extended her hand in greeting.

"Thank you for making our lovely evening possible." "We hope it will be memorable for everyone," she said.

"This couple has a unique choice of words," Cassie thought but maintained her heightened sense of awareness looking for a moment to slip out.

Cassie had a quick thought and asked Toni if she might be able to use a restroom.

"Oh yes, certainly, follow me," she accommodated.

With that Toni moved quickly to her left, turned down a short hallway and pointed to a half-open door. As Cassie entered, her eyes immediately found the window she had hoped for.

"Please rejoin us in the foyer," Toni said and turned away.

Cassie quickly closed and locked the door behind her. She went to the window and it unlatched and slid upward easily. The closed toilet lid made a prefect step and in a second she had eased one leg through and with only a minimum of contortion eased her body out. The drop to the ground was only a short distance and the adrenaline rush made the entire exercise seem effortless. Cassie crouched in the low shrubbery at the base of the window and examined her potential escape routes.

Directly ahead was a high privacy fence and to her left she could see the neighboring house but this would require a long run across an open yard and she knew the caterers were working from the back door. To her right however, was the long driveway and the street was only about 50 yards away. She knew she could make it. She moved cautiously along the house to position herself for the final sprint. As she stood to get solid footing for the run ahead, she gasped as a hand was again placed over her mouth and a strong arm wrapped around her and lifted her effortlessly off the ground. She kicked and bit at the hand but was held too securely. Her captor turned effortlessly with her and walked easily to the back of the house. Carl was standing by the door with a sly smile and held the door open as she was carried inside.

She was carried roughly back into the study and placed in the same hard, straight-backed chair. Jim was sitting comfortably at his desk and as he looked at her she noticed the earlier smile was gone.

"You don't appear to enjoy our hospitality," he said. He leaned forward in his chair and his gaze fixed her eyes.

"My wife and I strive to create an environment of beauty here for the enjoyment of ourselves and our guests," "We have the means to acquire whatever we find attractive."

"You bastard, you can't keep me here against my will," Cassie shrieked. She jumped from the chair but was immediately subdued by Carl and placed roughly back in the seat.

"It would appear that I also have the means to keep you here against your will."

"As I mentioned, these boys are professionals."

"We provide security to people that need our special discrete but effective services, but we can also provide other services in certain specific circumstances." "We recruit men like Sean and Carl from the elite forces in the world and each brings their own specialties to our organization."

"Take Sean for example," he continued. "His time in the SAS enables him to move quietly to places that people don't expect to see him....but you already know that." "Carl has been places most people have never heard of as a Navy Seal." "Carl has effective powers of persuasion and has been able to bring people to his way of seeing things."

Cassie felt a chill come over her as she realized she was not in the presence of some eccentric art collectors. She began to lose control and felt a primal urge to run. In an instant she was up from the chair and moving toward the door. Any second she expected a strong hand to grab her but no one moved. She thought for a second that she could push open the door and run through the hallway and get away, but as she pushed against the door she realized it was locked. She grabbed the knobs and pulled hard on the double doors but nothing moved and she began to hear laughter. She stopped and turned and saw Sean move slowly toward her, as they enjoyed the spectacle of her hopeless situation. As Sean reached her and grabbed her roughly by the arm she heard Jim say,