Only in a Dream Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The rest of the day, all she could think about, was Brad. When she heard his car pull in across the street, her heart started racing. She went to the window, watching him get out of his car and go into the house.

That night and the next, were repeats of the first. Kathy and Brad were both falling hard for each other, most of their time together was spent sitting in Brad's car talking about their lives. Kathy explained to Brad about how her mother and father had been divorced and how she came to be in Ohio. Then she told him about her marriage to Fred and that she thought it would solve her problems, but in reality, it created a worse situation than what she had been in to begin with. The only thing she didn't regret about her marriage, was her son.

Brad told her about his father dying when he was young and all that his mother had gone through. Kathy held him, as he very emotionally spoke of his grandfather. Then he told her about the child he'd fathered with his ex girlfriend.

That night seemed to really bring them together and it was hard for them to go in for the night, but Brad had to work in the morning and Kathy would be returning to work the following evening, so they both needed some rest.

When Kathy returned to work the following evening, Todd was his usual confident self. Flirting heavily with Kathy, telling her how he couldn't wait for their next days off and their upcoming date. He didn't come right out and tell her, but he was certain that he was going to have her naked this time.

"Hey babe, what night are we going out?" he urged.

Kathy never gave him an answer, just changed the subject. After work, Todd asked if he could give her a ride home again and he was just a little put off, when she told him,

"No, I don't think so."

Thoughts about what it might be like to be with him, still invaded her mind tho, he was, after all,

"So good looking and he certainly knows the right things to say," she thought.

Still a bit confused, Kathy thought maybe she should cool it with Brad and wait for Todd's divorce to be final, so that she could maybe give him a chance. He was slowly making headway with her, but Brad was at the forefront in her mind. She couldn't wait for her nights off, so that she could see him again.

Brad worked eight a.m. to five p.m. and Kathy from four p.m. to twelve a.m. . So, she went to work before he got home, Brad was in bed asleep when she got home. They wouldn't see each other until she was off again.

The next night, during the first half of the shift, Todd was almost constantly at Kathy's work station and coming on strong. He told her how he thought their children would be beautiful like her, how he was already falling in love with her.

Again, he asked if he could give her a ride home, she said,

"I don't think so." Again!!

He'd spent so much time talking to her, that the supervisor told him to cool it, leave her alone and get back to work. Kathy's heart was pounding tho, before the boss told Todd to get away from her. He was doing a pretty good job of chipping away at the hold Brad had on her. Although Brad was still first, she was slowly starting to fall for what Todd was saying.

"Maybe I should give. . . NO, I'm not going to even think about it!" Kathy said to herself, hoping Todd would stay away.

"Buuttt. . .??!!!

Brad and Todd both made her sexually aroused, Todd with words and of course his looks, but with Brad, it was his personality. She had never in her life had feelings like this, towards anyone. Kathy had hated it when her ex husband so much as touched her, right from the very start.

She trusted that Brad would take his time with her, but felt as tho she might give in to him now, if he would make a move.

She was scared to be alone with Todd, because she knew that he wouldn't take no for an answer again. There was a strong physical attraction, and if he touched, or kissed her, she just may let him have his way with her. But, she also knew, that it was all of the kissing and hugging with Brad, that actually made her feel aroused like this. It was his personality, the way he looked into her eyes. Kathy was falling in love, that was the main thing that was drawing her to him. She secretly wished that Brad would make the moves on her now.

Kathy went on with her tasks at work, Todd never returned to talk to her the rest of the night, which seemed kind of odd to her. She thought for sure he would come over at lunchtime, at least for a few minutes, but he didn't. He wouldn't even look, or smile at her from his work area like he normally did. The only time he did glance over her way, he just glared at her, almost angrily.

On the following night, Kathy came in to work and did her normal routine. Todd seemed to be having a pretty busy night, he never spoke to her at all, even tho, there were a few times he could have. He never even looked her way. Kathy was relieved, but a little disappointed too, she still felt a little drawn to him.

Todd left early, he only stayed until eight o'clock and went home sick.

The week before, when Eric left work early and had made the arrangements for Todd to give Kathy a ride home, Todd had been quite busy. He'd gone around bragging to several of his co-workers,

"I'm taking her home after work tonight and I'm going to get some of that sweet ass."

Things didn't quite go like he had planned. Then this week, he'd spent two nights in a row, constantly at her work station. Todd had engaged her, had gone full throttle pouring on the charm, so much, that the supervisor had to shoo him away. He'd never had to work this hard to get into a girl's pants before.

And now. . . Now Eric tells him,

"Kathy has been seeing some guy named Brad."

"If that ain't a fuckin slap in the face!!" Todd said, audibly.

Todd was so angry after Eric told him, that he threw his sandwich in the trash.

"Who the fuck is this Brad, just who the fuckin' hell, does he think he is?"

Eric described what kind of car Brad drove and what it looked like, but he didn't know Brad's last name.

Todd thought that car sounded awful familiar to him tho, he'd have to think about it and investigate. This made him more determined, he'd set his sights on Kathy and by God, he was going to have her, one way or another. Girls never turned him away before, it wasn't going to happen now! Plus, he had something to prove to,

"This . . . This Brad."

Although Todd and Brad were acquainted, they'd never been friends. Brad didn't care too much for him, thought he was an arrogant prick. All through high school, Todd always had several girls strung out at a time and was always making a play for someone else's girlfriend. He'd made a game of it, and it seemed he always won. Then afterwards, after he'd had his way with the girl, she was history. He just had to prove to her boyfriend that he could take her.

When Todd was eighteen and still a senior in high school, he was sleeping with a twenty five year old married woman whose husband was a marine and stationed overseas.

It had always surprised Brad, that somebody hadn't kicked Todd's ass over it.

When Kathy returned to work the following night, Todd had called in sick and didn't come into work the rest of the week. He spent the time off, doing his own little investigation into who Brad was.

He called a couple of friends to ask them if they remembered someone named Brad, who drove a car like Eric had described. Todd's wife was in the next room, so he had to be careful not to be heard while he was on the phone.

One of them called him back, telling him that they were pretty sure that car belonged to Brad Wilbur.

"Are you sure? I. . . I mean, I've got this clown in my head, but I can't place him. Same with that car, I know I'd remember it, if I seen it," Todd said.

Todd was desperate to find out who Brad was, so that he could access any threat there might be. He was sure that once Brad saw who he was up against, he would just go away.

A large group of the guys Brad had gone to high school with were gear heads and they all knew each other's cars pretty well. Todd had a flashy car, but probably couldn't change a flat tire if his life depended on it. Even now, after he was on his own and married, his parents took care of all of his auto needs.

He wasn't real skilled at naming cars either, Todd couldn't tell the difference between a Mustang and an Impala, other than one was a Ford and one was a Chevy. Put them side by side and he probably still couldn't tell which was which.

Another friend of Todd's, Carl, had a 68' Camaro and was pretty big into cars and motorcycles. He always had one or the other torn down doing something with it. Carl seemed to be pretty knowledgeable when it came to different types of cars, so Todd gave him a call.

Todd described the car in question to Carl, then asked him if he thought it sounded like the car belonging to Brad Wilbur.

"Yep, that would be it," Carl told him, matter of factly,

"That's a sweet ride, I'd like to get my hands on it."

"That name sounds familiar, I just can't picture his face," Todd said.

He was beside himself trying to remember who Brad was and Carl was a little shocked that Todd couldn't remember him.

"You know him, he's the one who picked up Rick Barber and slammed him into the lockers when we were juniors, don't you remember that?"

"Oh, yeah. . . Yeah, I know who your talking about. Say, do you ever remember him being much of a lady's man?" asked Todd.

"All I know, is some chick from out of town somewhere that he knocked up last year, man. I don't recall any others," said Carl, "Why, what's going on now? Has he set his sights on one of your little chickies?"

"Oh, no. . . No, I was just kinda wondering, that's all," Todd asserted, "I better get going."

"You need to leave the rest of them little girlies alone. You're a married man now, ha ha ha!! Catch ya later. . . Man."

Once Todd figured out who Brad was, he was livid,

"There's no fucking way, how in the. . .?"

He couldn't believe it.

"How on earth did that dumb ass ever even get near her? This can't be true," he thought, "I'm going to have to look in to this a little further."

After Todd's failed attempt to get into Kathy's pants when he gave her a ride home, he came back to work and told everyone, that that night he had taken her inside the apartment and fucked her. That she was now his little fuck toy and he was really looking forward to doing it again the coming weekend. Of course with his reputation, most everyone believed him.

After Todd had gone home sick from work, Kathy found out what he'd been spreading around about her and she was quite upset. The other women told her what he had been saying and how he had dropped hints about getting into their pants too. These women were a little older than Kathy, they could see through Todd's BS and cut him off before he ever got near as far as he had with her.

Todd had also used their rejections in his ploy to get Kathy. Both of these women were very attractive, one especially so, Todd had told Kathy that she was so much more beautiful than them. Of course, Kathy never knew that Todd had already approached them.

They also told her that he was still living with his wife and had no intentions of leaving her, even tho he had repeatedly cheated on her.

"I did not go to bed with him! He never laid a hand on me, not even a kiss! That no good lying SOB," Kathy told the other women.

She wished Todd was still there, so that she could confront him about it.

Brad had been excited all week about the prospect of going out with Kathy again, she had been in his mind constantly the whole time. Kathy's week had been a little more stressful, but she was still looking forward to going out with Brad again.

When her first night off came, they went to see a movie. Brad had seen 'JAWS' several times a few years before, during it's first go round in theaters, and it seemed back then, no one wanted to go see it alone. When he told them he'd already seen it, they'd offered to pay his way so they wouldn't have to go alone. This would be his sixth viewing and only second time paying (for two this time). This was Kathy's first time and she clung to Brad almost all the way through the movie.

"Oh my God, that was so scary, I won't even want to get into the bathtub now," she declared.

Brad had readied himself, but when Ben Gardner's head drifted by the hole in the boat, he still jumped. Just as he had done the other five times. He wasn't sure if he jumped because of the movie, or the sudden loud 'creak' the seats in the theater made when just about everyone else jumped too.

After they left the theater, Kathy was in her usual spot, cuddled up next to Brad. He made her feel safe and she loved cuddling with him.

They had driven around town for a while, when Brad noticed that the same car had been following them for several minutes now. He made a couple of turns and the car followed. Then he slowed down, so he could see if he knew who it was. When Brad saw that it was Todd, he thought nothing about it, he didn't know Todd and Kathy even knew one another. He did think it was odd, tho.

"Is he coming after my girl?" he thought, as he kind of chuckled to himself.

Kathy wondered what Brad was thinking about when he let out the small laugh like he did.

After their drive, they went home and parked. Since the second night they went out and were now in Brad's car, the parking had moved across the street to grandma's driveway. Brad watched for a while, he did notice Todd drive by once, but after the initial drive by, Brad and Kathy were too preoccupied to care.

Tonight the necking became especially heavy, they both had to restrain themselves form tearing each others clothes off. Tho they were close, their hands never ventured below their waists. Kathy wanted Brad badly, but there was really nowhere that they could go to be alone, other than in his car. Neither one of them really wanted that, they weren't in high school anymore.

After he walked her home, they stood and held each other, kissing some more. Brad walked back across the street with a raging hard on and he didn't want to be away from her at night anymore. He wanted to fall asleep with her in his arms.

After going to bed, once again Brad couldn't sleep, he wanted to hold her and make love to her sooo bad. But, he was scared that she would think that had been his only goal all along, he had to wait.

When Kathy went in, Tina was sitting on the couch watching an old western on television. She looked up at Kathy,

"Well, Has that weirdo across the street fucked you yet? Ha ha ha, I bet that was a site to see," she laughed.

Kathy never replied.

When she went to bed, her sleep didn't come easy either, she wanted Brad so bad. Wanted to hold him and sleep in his arms. She even found herself reaching for him in the middle of the night. Part of the attraction to him tho, was the fact that he'd not tried to have sex with her. He was interested in her, not just her body.

The next morning when Kathy got out of bed, the apartment was empty again. She walked into the kitchen to find something to eat.

"I guess they don't want to include me anymore," she said, sadly.

Eric, Layla, and Tina returned about one o'clock and they never spoke to her at all. Eric and Tina were pretty upset with her. After all of the trouble they had gone through to get her and Todd together, she had gone out and found someone else.

Late in the afternoon, they cornered her in the living room. Eric asked her,

"What are you going to do about Todd?"

Kathy was caught a little off guard, she thought they'd given up on that.

"I think I might like Brad a little better," she asserted.

"So your not going to go out with Todd now, am I right?" Tina screeched.

Tina threw her hands into the air in disgust and just stared at her.

Kathy was becoming angry, she crossed her arms and stared back at her little sister.

"I don't think so," she said.

"You're a dumb ass!" said Tina, as she turned and walked towards the kitchen.

Kathy wasn't sure who she felt more anger towards. Her sister and the sarcastic tone she was using, or Eric and the forceful nature of his words.

"You told Todd you would go out with him, I think you need to follow up on that," said Eric, sternly.

"He's married!" Kathy cried out.

She turned, uncrossed her arms and headed for the kitchen.

Eric was waving his hands in the air, as he followed Kathy into the kitchen.

"He's getting a divorce!" he argued.

Kathy had just about had her fill of this and started to head for her bedroom. Then she stopped and looked at Eric.

"Not according to Tammy and Peggy out at work, they said he still lives with his wife, he even tried to sleep with the both of them. And I don't appreciate him going around telling everyone that I fucked him either."

Kathy paused for a second,

"Because I didn't!!"

Tina looked at her with contempt, as she sat down at the kitchen table.

"Well, Did you?"

"NO!" screamed Kathy.

"Bullshit, I really don't believe you didn't screw him last week, in fact, I heard just the opposite. . . Heard you really got into it too, ha ha," Tina quipped.

"You're going to stand here and tell me, that as hot as he is, you didn't fuck him? Bullshit, you're lying. And now you're not going to go out with him th. . . Again? Oh, I forgot, yo . . . You like that dork across the street now. You're outta your fucking mind, Todd is sooo fucking hot!" Tina lectured.

Kathy just stood there, not knowing what else to do, she didn't understand why her brother and sister would gang up on her like this.

Eric pointed his finger at Kathy and with authority in his voice,

"Todd is coming over here in a little while to see you, he expects you to go out with him tonight. You told him you would and I told him I would make sure you went."

Eric looked at his watch.

"He'll be here in a little while, so I think you need to go get ready."

Kathy was now really starting to get angry, and glared at Eric and Tina.

"I like Brad and I plan on seeing him again tonight, you can't stop me!!!"

Eric walked over to the sink, taking a glass from the cabinet, he got himself a drink.

"You go tell the little boy across the street that you're sorry, but you have a date with a MAN tonight, it was fun, but he's just too young for you. It's for your own good," Eric retorted.

"He's Not too young, he's twenty!!" Kathy responded.

"And you're twenty three!!" Eric and Tina both said in unison.

Kathy glared at them as she crossed her arms, she'd finally heard enough.

"Yeah, I'm twenty three and Brad's twenty, so the hell what!. You say, that at twenty, he's just a little boy. At least he's sincere, more than I can say for that asshole Todd. He's trying to cheat on his wife for Christ's sake!! And HE is only twenty one, So what in the hell makes him such a man?" Kathy protested.

And she wasn't finished yet,

"Is it the fact, that he thinks he can charm the pants off of any woman he wants? The night he gave me a ride home, he only talked to me for about twenty minutes and he couldn't even look me straight in the eye. Then, he told me all about how he hadn't slept with his wife in over a year. . . And he thought . . . Thought he was going to fuck me??? Is he so arrogant that he thinks women can't resist him?"

Kathy had really let them have it, then she continued,

"That's not much of a man if you ask me! I feel sorry for his wife."

Eric shifted around uncomfortably, as he sat his now empty glass down and started to say something, but Kathy cut him off,

"I'm old enough to make my own decisions. I'm going with Brad, SO BUTT OUT! The both of you!! I'm going outside to wait on him."