[Original] Flirting the Fence

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yup, no arguments here," Beth said with a laugh, tilting her head to look up at him.

Day tilted his head to look down at her, and smiled. She had to be the craziest woman he had ever met, and the most emotional too. But in the scheme of things, he would probably be just as emotional if he was in her shoes too.

"Well, um... why don't you get a shower and I can give you some of my wife's clothes

Then we can call a friend to come pick you up or something. Ok?" Day asked, moving his hand to stroke her hair, which was soft and curly and completely unmanageable, but beautiful nonetheless.

Beth narrowed her eyes at him, and carefully levered herself up onto his chest. "Wife?" she said coldly, staring daggers at him, which had his erection going down just the tiniest bit.

Day almost smacked himself, still not used to using past tense. "My um... dead wife. You can use my dead wife's clothes," he said, turning his head, not sure how to say that in a polite and kind way.

Almost nine months and he still called Shontell his wife. He needed to stop that, he needed to move on, if only for Brian's sake. The kid needed a mother, needed some tenderness.

"Oh! I'm... I'm so sorry. I thought that... never mind. I'm sorry," Beth said softly, her eyes beseeching him for forgiveness. Pretty green eyes, the color of ripe limes.

Day turned back to her and nodded, but just as he was about to get out of the bed and make good on those promises, Beth leaned down and kissed him. The kiss was light and sweet and a little unsure.

Day was so confused that he just lay there, half up with his lips pressed against hers. But the kiss drew out Day slowly closed his eyes, his hand instinctively going up to her hair and pulling her closer, tilting her head so he could explore her mouth more fully.

He heard her gasp, as he drew her back down to the bed with him, half draped over him. Day could feel Beth begin to squirm and he changed the kiss, letting her take a breath before plunging back in with teeth and tongue and fire.

Damn, I'm on fire! Day thought, as she moved to straddle his stomach, her soft ass cradling his heavy erection. Sensually she moved on him, small hands sliding up and down his chest.

Day moved his hand from her hair, slowly down to her hip pulling her closer, feeling the burning heat of her. He heard her gasp, as Beth turned her head, and Day trailed fiery kisses down her neck, across her collarbone, to the tops of her breasts.

"Stop. Teasing," Beth panted.

Day gave a deep throaty chuckle before giving her what she wanted and wrapping his mouth around her nipple. He heard Beth cry out, felt her grip his shoulders, and Day smiled to himself, pleased with himself. He felt her clench her thighs, as she softly cried out. Day quickly flipped them, so she was laying against the bed and he was hovering over her.

Giving her a predatory smile, Day lowered his head and once again took her into his mouth alternating between her breasts. He felt Beth grip his shoulders, her nails raking lightly across them, as he played with her.

Almost instantly, her legs locked around his hips, and suddenly he could feel her wet core pressing against him.

Breaking off from her breasts, Day groaned and looked down to see himself poised at her entrance. Just an inch, just an inch, his dick sang to him, cutting off much needed oxygen from his brain.

"Condom," he heard himself say as he blindly reached for the bedside table and into the drawer. Quickly shuffling around his hand closed around the foil packet and he sent a small prayer up to whoever was listening.

"Please..." Beth cried out, writhing against him.

Using one hand to slip on the condom, he took his other hand and felt if she was ready. She was. Dripping wet and soaking his hand, Beth's body grasped at his fingers, her hand going to his wrist to keep him there, keep him pleasuring her.

Day slowly stroked her, marveling at how tight and perfect she was. Perfect. His mind said over and over, as if in a trance.

"I'm not perfect," Day heard Beth say on a moan.

Looking up, he could see that she really did think she wasn't perfect. Quickly he took her mouth and tongue in a searing kiss, still working his fingers inside her, stroking his thumb over her clit, and making her arch into him.

"You are fucking perfect," Day said gruffly, releasing her lips, and staring into her ripe lime green eyes.

He watched her nod her head and bite her lip. "You ready?" he asked, drawing his fingers slowly out of her.

"Yes," Beth said, tilting her hips up, as Day gripped a pillow and stuffed it under them

"I'm ready."

Day nodded, gripping her thighs tightly and slowly, with extreme patience, he began to enter her, stretch her. He could feel her thighs moving under his hands, and he felt her nails scratch his shoulder and he worked himself inside her body.

"A-Are you O-okay?" he gritted out, taking his eyes off their joining and focusing them on her face.

Beth nodded vigorously, gasping as he hit a spot inside her. Day smiled tightly, as sweat dripped off of him and onto her, slowly he continued to work himself.

Without warning, Beth threw her head back and cried out, forcing her hand to her mouth as she came on him. Day wasn't expecting it and kept himself rigid, lowering his forehead to her beasts and trying to breathe through her orgasm.

Slowly she began to relax again, her body going pliant and boneless in his arms. Day drew back slowly, and thrust into her to the hilt, happy she had had the orgasm and he could loosen his reins a little bit.

Beth moaned softly, as he set them on a steady rhythm of deep, slow strokes. Day watched her face, moving one of his hands up her body to stroke her nipple. Day felt Beth lock her legs around him, happy that he could now use both his hands.

Day leaned down, levering himself on his arm, and kissed her. Hot and slow and sloppy, until they broke apart to breathe. Day was close, so close, and he picked up his rhythm, thrusting a little harder and a little faster.

He watched as Beth arched her back, rubbing her breasts against the soft hair on his chest. Eyes locked tight, mouth open wide on a silent moan, Day watched as Beth came again, her body stilling, clenching, one heartbeat, two, then exploding, gripping him tightly, as her orgasm washed over her. Picking up the pace Day thrust into her a few more times before he grunted his release, his body jerking as he emptied himself inside her.

Chapter 7

Oh. My. God. Beth thought staring up at the white ceiling, trying to get her breathing under control.

Day had his head on her chest, and was blowing hot air across her nipple. Beth pushed at his shoulder and he rolled over mumbling something and then getting up to go to the bathroom.

She was too in shock to do anything, too stunned at her behavior. She had just had the most mind blowing sex of her life! The only downside being it was with a complete stranger. In truth if not for Day have a good dose of common sense, she would have just impaled herself on his cock and fucked him till the cows came home, without a condom.

Oh God! Beth thought, groaning and throwing her arm over her eyes. Never in her life had she been so blunt, even in her head. Slowly she moved her legs, and felt a deep twinge that had her wishing for a long hot shower.

"Uh, if you want to take a shower you can," she heard Day say, like he had read her mind.

Cautiously, Beth removed her hand from over her eyes and looked up at Day. He stood a little distance away, a frown tugging at her lips. It didn't take a psychic to read know what he was thinking.

Beth rolled her eyes and slowly levered herself up, wincing as she moved. Even the gym didn't hurt this much, but those orgasms had strung her tight. She watched Day move to help her, but think better of it and stay rooted to his spot, a safe distance away.

Beth waved her hand at him to come and help her, but he just stared dumbly at her. "Look, Day," she began, exasperated, "I don't regret what happened. And I'm not going to leave and start screaming rape. This was consensual sex between two consenting adults. Now will you please help me up!"

Day shook his head, as if he thought she was crazy, but in the end he did go over and help her out of bed. The first step was the worst, but after a couple more, Beth was fine by herself and waved Day off to go and do what he wanted to do.

Chapter 8

Day heard the shower begin, as he tugged on a pair of sweats and a t-shirt. Yeah, he thought to himself, that woman is crazy!

Reaching into the last drawer of his dresser, he pulled out a neatly folded pair of jeans and a blouse, hoping they would be Beth's size. As he laid them out on the bed he felt a twinge of sadness. This was the first time since Shontell's death that he had opened her drawer and even though she had died nine months ago, he just hadn't had the desire to give away any of her things.

Turning away from her clothes, and the pain they made him feel, he made his way out of the room in search of Brian. Day found his son laying in front of the television watching cartoons.

Shontell had been strict on Brian about not watching too much TV, wanting him to be outside and playing with other kids his age. But with the loss of his wife, Day had relaxed the rules, letting Brian watch a little more TV than was good and eat a little more junk food then was safe.

"Brian, turn the TV off and come sit at the table," Day said, walking over to the kitchen, and beginning to rummage through the fridge.

He pulled out some milk, and then reached for a bowl and the sugar cereal his son loved. "I don't want cereal," Day heard Brian say over the TV.

Day turned, setting the box and bowl of the table to look over to Brian still laying in front of the TV, still watching cartoons. Scrubbing a tired hand over his face, Day skirted the kitchen and walked over to his son.

"What did I just say?" Day said in an authoritative voice, watching Brian turn to look up at him.

At three, the kid was smarter than he should be, and had seen more than any kid should see. His mother had been Shontell's drug addled sister, who had died of an overdose just five months after her son was born. Immediately all custody rights had gone to Shontell, the druggie father hadn't even bothered to show up to court to protest. Just a few weeks later Day had asked if he could adopt Brian too. The look on Shontell's face, had been the happiest he'd ever seen her, as if he had given her the world.

"Who was the lady yesterday?" Brian asked bluntly, effectively skirting Day's question.

Day rubbed a hand over his neck, and thought about how to answer. "She's my uh... friend," he finally said, moving and turning off the TV.

Brian sat up, and crossed his legs Indian style, looking at Day. "Did she leave?" he asked.

Brian sucked his teeth, and moved over to the kitchen, gesturing for Brian to have a seat at the dining room table. "Nope, she stayed." he said, reaching for the cereal again.

"I don't want cereal!" Brian screamed at him, banging his little fists against the table. "I want mommy! I want mommy!" he ranted, little face tearing up and turning red.

Day quickly moved to his son, having seen this little episode a couple of times during the past month. Kneeling down before his crying son, he gathered the child into his arms. "It's ok, it's ok. Mommy's in a better place," Day said gently rocking his son.

"No, no, no..." Brian hiccuped, little hands clutching Day around the neck.

Day didn't know how to fix this, how to help his son. Shontell was the one to kiss his boo-boo's, to fix his breakfast, to make sure he washed his face. Day had a construction empire to run, he had bills to pay. That wasn't to say that he didn't care for their son too, but he did it in different ways.

Slowly the child calmed, and he released him, wiping his snotty nose and tears away with his shirt. It was a miracle if Day could find a shirt he now owned without some sort of milk or snot stain on it.

Smiling at Brian, Day moved back to the kitchen, putting the cereal and milk away. Turning to lean over the counter top, Day propped up his chin and looked at Brian wagging his eyebrows.

Brian giggled and Day smiled, relieved to see his son happy again. "So what do you want to eat?" Day asked.

Brain kicked his feet under the table and thought hard about it. "Ummm..... Pizza!" he shouted, throwing his hands up in the air.

Day shook his head and laughed. "No. It has to be breakfast."

Brian thought again. "French toast sticks!" he said after a few seconds.

Day nodded his head encouragingly. "That I can do."

Quickly, he began rummaging through the cupboard and fridge, looking for pots and toast and things. He was just starting to whip the batter when he heard Brian's candid, "Hi!"

Turning he spied Beth, standing in the doorway, wearing Shontell's clothes. They were a little big on her, but not by much.

Day watched her surprised expression as she looked at his son. His hand tightened on the work he was using, and he was just about to speak up when she responded.

"Hello there," Day heard her say politely, watching as she walked over to Brian and held out her hand.

Eagerly Brian shook it, pumping her hand up and down. "Hi!" he said again.

Beth just laughed and gently extracted her hand, standing awkwardly by his son. "My name's Beth," she said to him.

Brian just nodded as if he had known. "My name's Brian, and I'm three and a half, and I go to Sunny Hill daycare, and my teacher's name is Mrs. Holly," he said in a long rush of words, continuing to kick his feet and stare at Beth.

"Beth!" Day called to her, drawing her attention away from his son. "You want to help me over here?"

Beth smiled at Brian before skirting the dining room table and going into the open kitchen. "Sure! How can I help?"

Chapter 9

Beth smiled at Day, as he stirred what looked like lumpy batter.

"What are we making?" Beth asked cheerfully. Making sure to keep her voice light and happy so that Brian didn't pick up on any tension.

"French toast," Day said curtly, glancing at Brian, who was at the table staring quizzically at them.

Beth needed Brian out of the room, she needed to talk to Day alone. Smiling brightly, she leaned on the counter that separated Brian and her, folding her arms. "Brian, did you brush your teeth and wash your face?"

Beth could literally feel Day's anger behind her as she addressed his son. For some reason he had a thing about Brian talking to her, but then again she was a strange woman who he had just had sex with, so she couldn't really blame him.

Brian looked down and replied. "No."

Beth softened her smile, and shrugged her shoulders lightly. "Well why don't you go brush your teeth and wash your face ok? Then when you get back you can have nice hot french toast sticks!"

Brian nodded eagerly, hopped off his chair and rushed off in the direction of the bedrooms and presumably the bathroom. It was only then that Beth really took in her surroundings. Despite this apartment being in a bad neighborhood it still must have cost a small fortune. It was huge!

Beth could count on one hand how many homes she had been in that had been more than 1,000 square feet. But this, well this topped the cake.

"Beth!" Day said curly, drawing her attention back to him.

"You have a beautiful home," Beth said without thinking, turning back to look at Day.

She felt awkward, like she didn't belong here, and maybe she didn't. Beth knew she had used Day, he had been her escape, from herself and her reality. But that's the thing about escapes, they never lasted long.

"I'm leaving." Beth said suddenly, surprising herself and Day.

Day glared at her slamming the batter down on the kitchen counter. "Now wait just a fucking minute!" He whispered angrily so Brian wouldn't hear him.

But Beth wasn't listening, she had already made up her mind. She needed to leave, to get her crap together, go back to Jason's house and... and... But Beth couldn't figure out the next part. 45 minutes under hot water hadn't helped and rushing off into the unknown wasn't helping either. Once again Beth felt lost, out of place, just like she had in Iowa, just like she was now.

Strong arms wrapped around her, drawing her into supportive arms. "Fuck. You cry a lot. I hate seeing women cry." Beth heard Day say into her hair, as she snuggled into his warmth.

The man was crude and rude, saying what he meant without any preamble, and Beth was glad. She didn't have to guess at his thoughts, she didn't have to worry he was plotting something against her or trying to figure out a way to take her down. Day had to be the first real person she had met in New York since she had moved there three years ago.

"I'm not crying." Beth said laughing and pulling slightly back from his embrace.

It wasn't right of her to step into this man's life, and completely disrupt it. It wasn't fair to him or her, and it wasn't fair to his son. As much as she would have liked to explore the strange connection she had with Day, it wouldn't work, they were just too different, and had known each other for a very short amount of time.

"Day I really do need to leave," Beth said, stepping back completely from him and putting space between them.

"Look, what do you want me to say?" Day began in an angry voice, his arm going up to rub the back of his neck. "Sorry we slept together? Hell no! Sorry I helped you out yesterday? Absolutely not! I'm trying real hard to help you out Beth, but you gotta give me something, anything!"

He really does want to help, Beth thought with a little twinge in her heart. But she needed to do this by herself, without men, especially without men. "Day, I don't regret anything you did for me in the last... what 12 hours? God it feels longer. It's just everything I did, well I don't normally do. I'm never like this, crying and weeping and clingy. This isn't me." Beth said holding herself rigid.

"I need to get back to the person I was. I need to get back to my real life." Beth said cooly, hating herself at that moment.

Back to what? Her conscience screamed at her. Back to a man who doesn't respect you? A job that treats you like crap? A family that doesn't respect the choices you make? No, no, maybe it's your fabulous friends, who are always there when your fiancé needs a good fuck!

Beth bit the inside of her cheek, as the thoughts came with the brutality of a bullet. Tearing at her with brutal efficiency, but this was the life she had chosen, this was the path she wanted.

"Beth, I don't know what you're going through right now or even how to help you. But if you're ever in trouble, if you ever need someone- even just someone to talk to- you call me or drop by." Day said going into the living room and grabbing a pen and paper to write down some information.

"Here's my work number and cell number, plus our address." Day said looking around for her bag and coat, which he spied near the door.

Going t grab her things, he continued. "Really Beth, I know you're going through a lot, but Obviously you can't trust your best friend or your fiancé. So my offer will stand, if you ever need someone to talk to, a place to stay, whatever, just let me know. Please let me know." Day said as she approached him at the door and handed her the coat and bag.

Beth nodded, holding back her tears, as she stared at Day. He was just so different from all the men she knew, and not just superficially. Yes he might be black, but he was also kind, genuine, and smart. He didn't manipulate or bullshit her, he was straight to the point.

"I can't tell you how much you've helped me Day. I-I don't know where I would have been without you." Beth's voice wobbled as she finished, because last night the thought of being raped hadn't just been a thought. It had been a living breathing thing, staring through the eyes of six men, with the promise: this is how you get raped.