Outlander Ch. 12

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He had thought he would never love again after Barbara's betrayal. And while it was a mystery to him that he could love Ava at all, he couldn't deny that what he felt for the fiery Adept half his age was every bit as strong as anything he had ever felt for his wife.

Once in his room, Jack collapsed on his bed, his lack of rest finally getting the best of him. As he lay on his back, he pondered how best to tell Garek of his desire to court his daughter. To say he was apprehensive about the Captain's reaction would be an understatement.

If I had a daughter, I wouldn't want a man like me for her either,Jack thought. But he had promised Ava. He'd known that his promise had meant something from the way her gaze had softened when he'd insisted on honoring her people's customs. And she loved him. Surely that would mean something to the Captain. The thought of Ava's eyes shining with her love for him, of the way her sensuous body responded to his, filled him with an excited eagerness that overruled any uncertainty.

For months, he'd been existing in a stupor like a man sleep-walking through the motions of life. Now, he felt something that he hadn't truly felt since the day he had discovered Barbara's treachery. Despite his weariness, the realization made him smile.

"I feel alive," he murmured just before sleep claimed him.

***********

Author's note: Hey everyone, thanks for reading. My only reward for this endeavor is your votes and comments so please take a quick second to vote and if the mood strikes, leave a comment! I also want to thank my editor, JillieB for being awesome as usual.