Over The Edge

Story Info
A husband's obsession leads to tragedy.
6.7k words
4.21
149.7k
19
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
patricia51
patricia51
1,915 Followers

Ronald sat on the edge of the bed, staring off into space. His hands idly tossed an object back and forth, the plastic no longer cool as it had been when he started. He stopped for a moment when he thought he heard a car door, then continued as he realized the sound was from down the street.

Margaret.

There, he had managed to force her name into his conscious mind. He had been avoiding it, avoiding thinking about her. He had tried to stare a hole in the wallpaper on the other side of the room to keep from her appearing to him. But there she was. Not only her name, he could see her in front of him; her gentle, loving smile piercing his heart. He wiped his eyes clear of the tears that sprang up.

Whatever had he been thinking?

"Only of yourself, you stupid bastard," he bitterly said aloud.

How had he come to this state? From loving husband to, to whatever word could possibly describe what he was today. A goddamn fool if nothing else.

He had met Margaret in college. Two years ahead of her, he had been one of the Big Men on Campus. He had been attracted at once to the slender, athletic black haired girl. She had met his attempts at impressing her with a smile and refused every invitation for months.

One of his pals had advised him to drop his pursuit. "Hey Ronald, come on man. Don't you know she's a dyke?"

Ronald had been surprised and admitted that he had no idea about that. He asked his friend how he knew.

"Well, she's gotta be man. She won't go out with you, or hell, even me. And she's on the track team. Shit, any woman who plays sports like that has to a lesbian."

Ronald had thought that perhaps that explained it. Curiosity drove him down to the athletic field one afternoon after reading in the school paper about a woman's track meet. For a change he sat far up in the stands, instead of using his letterman's jacket to demand a seat on the bottom row.

He enjoyed the meet. He found himself rooting for the women athletes. When Margaret appeared in her first event, the hundred meter hurdles, he was transfixed. Her body moved with fluid grace and her legs, wow. Even sunk in his misery, Ronald smiled at the memory of the fire that those long supple legs had ignited in him.

When the competition was over, the team had taken first place. Margaret had finished in second place in three individual events but had been a member of the first pace relay team. Ronald hesitantly made his way down the bleachers to where the congratulations where being exchanged.

Coming face to face with her, for the first time in years Ronald had been speechless in front of a woman. Finally he managed to clear his throat as she watched with quiet amusement.

"Ah, congrats Margaret. That was really something." he fumbled for more words and couldn't find them. He turned away, realizing that he was actually blushing. Him!

"Ronald," she called to him. When he turned she had walked up to him and taken his hand. "Thank you." She stood on her tiptoes and kissed his cheek. "You know, when you're not trying to be the BMOC, you're a pretty good guy. Why don't you let that out more often?" She grinned as he unbelievably blushed again. "Call me."

He had. She had accepted. The rest had been history.

Margaret had surprised him in so many ways. Determined to keep her virginity until after their wedding, she had made that night memorable. After eluding their pursuing friends, they had reached their first night's destination, a small bed-and-breakfast near the coast. Ronald had carefully opened the champagne, unsure of how Margaret was going to react that night when he became aware of her standing in the bedroom doorway. He had turned and his jaw had dropped.

Margaret was leaning against the door frame. One hand was on her hip, barely concealed by the black lace teddy she was wearing. The other hand stretched up over her head. The skimpy outfit was accompanied by nothing more than a pair of black high heels and the most enticing smile he had ever seen.

"Say there, sailor. Looking for a good time?" She winked at him. As he continued to gap in amazement she sashayed to him, Locking her hands behind her head, she started a bump and grind. She slipped farther down until she was undulating just above the floor. Her hands came from behind her head and unfastened his belt and slacks. With a triumphant grin she had freed his hard cock and her mouth surrounded it.

"Oh yum," she had purred. "I've been wanting to see if this was as much fun as I thought it might be." Her lips slid down his shaft. He felt her choke momentarily and then continue to engulf him. Then she was on her knees and she sucked him wildly, if inexpertly. The blow job had actually been terrible. He knew she had never tried one before. The closest they had come to sex was heavy petting, with her giving him hand jobs on occasion. But her willingness to try to please him was more important and more arousing than if she had been an expert.

He scooped her up into his arms and kissed her. In a sudden riotous mood he had thrown her over his shoulder. She had pounded on his back and kicked her legs while he headed for the king-sized bed. He had dumped her onto the sheets and pounded his chest.

"Me cave man, you cave woman. Ugh. Cave man want fuck woman. NOW!"

They both burst into gales of laughter. In one long movement, Margaret had unsnapped the teddy between her legs and wiggled the straps down her arms. She pulled the lacey top down, letting her small but so firm breasts free. Pink nipples stood out, as hard and as erect as his cock had been. She spread her legs and reached over her head to grasp the headboard.

"Ugh. Cave girl want husband to fuck his woman. NOW!"

He threw himself on her, almost smothering her lithe form under him. She grasped his cock and guided him smoothly inside her. There was a moment of resistance, then she gave a strangled cry and he plunged all the way in. The laughter fled, to be replaced by moans and cries of passion.

When had he decided their sex life wasn't enough for him? And for God's sake why? Margaret had continued to be passionate and open to him. Perhaps it was some stupid vestige of his status as one of the campus studs. He had never had a steady lover of any kind, preferring to play the field. He had always announced smugly that anyone who tied themselves down to one partner was a fool.

But he had loved Margaret. He had changed positions in his firm so he wouldn't have to travel as much. For the born wanderer that he had been, it had seemed like a sacrifice. But it wasn't. He loved being married and he loved being home.

Then Tim and Jan had moved in down the street. They seemed to be just another "young upwardly mobile" couple in their late twenties. Like about half of the neighborhood, they didn't have kids. That made them ideal to hang around with. He and Margaret had been scrapping a bit over the idea of children for about a year. She wanted to start a family. He wanted to wait until they were a bit more settled and financially settled.

"No," he said aloud. "You didn't want children because you thought they would stamp you as a soccer dad or something and you wouldn't give up your fantasy of still being 'Mister Hot Guy'."

He and Margaret and Tim and Jan had become fast friends. They made up a foursome at the country club for golf almost every weekend. The girls went shopping together, the guys found a mutual interest in hunting. They spent most of their free time together.


However, once a month or so Tim and Jan made excuses for the weekend. Their cars would usually be in the driveway, along with perhaps three or four that he didn't recognize, but they had explained that they "wouldn't be available". Once, Ronald had thought he had seen Jan and Tim exchange little grins when those exact words were uttered. He knew he was seeing an inside joke between the other couple. He didn't resent it, every couple has their little secrets, but it made him wonder.

One of those weekends Ronald was out jogging. He normally exercised at the gym but an early morning meeting had made his miss his usual time. He enjoyed being in shape, part of his determination to be the young, carefree guy he still saw as himself. He had put in his two miles and was heading home as he passed Jan and Tim's house. The faint laughter of many voices brought him up short. Curious, he slowed to a walk and headed up the driveway.

Ronald never would have thought of himself as a voyeur, but the sounds he heard as he approached the front porch lured him in. He glanced through the slight part in the curtains and gasped.

Jan was standing in the middle of the living room. She was nude. A man Ronald had never seen before was behind her. His hands cupped her breasts and his lips were on the side of her neck. She leaned back against him, her hips moving wantonly against his groin. He was responding, one hand fell to clutch her belly and pull her hard against him. His hips were thrusting. Ronald realized he was fucking her.

Fucking her? How could Jan do that? He was almost tempted to break in and stop her from betraying his friend. Then more movement caught his eye and his mouth actually did drop open.

Tim was seated in a dining room chair. A blonde woman was straddling him, facing him with her arms around his neck. Her feet were planted on the floor and she was bouncing vigorously up and down on him. Ronald could see the base of Tim's cock appearing and disappearing as she rode it. Tim was looking over her shoulder at Jan and the other man with a huge grin on his face.

What else might be transpiring in the house Ronald didn't know. From the number of extra cars in the driveway it was apparent that the four in view were not the only ones in the house. The others he assumed must belong to those cars might be scattered throughout the house.

Ronald realized two things. One was that he was standing in front of the house like a peeping tom and needed to be gone, now. The second was that he was immensely excited by the sight of their friends fucking two other people. He managed to tear his eyes away and get home and into the shower.

He replayed the scene in his mind. Almost unconsciously he began to stroke his cock. He closed his eyes, imagining the blonde woman's lips on him. Even better, he thought of Jan's lush ass pressed against him and what it would feel like to be buried between those cheeks. His imagination was running so wild the sudden spurt from his cock caught him off guard.

He had been surprised and a bit shaken by the intensity the experience had on him. He tried to put it out of his mind but he couldn't. He didn't fantasize about anyone while making love with Margaret, but thoughts of Jan crossed his mind often.

Finally he had approached Tim and casually asked him out for a beer when they both got off work. Sitting in a favorite watering hole, Ronald had hemmed and hawed until finally Tim told him to "get off the dime" and tell him what he wanted.

The words had spilled from Ronald. He was sure he had actually turned red as he explained what he had seen. He had waited and was immensely relieved when Tim had laughed.

"Not to worry, Ronald. I must say Jan and I have talked over and talked over how to approach you and Margaret on this." In response to Ronald's look of surprise, and interest, Tim had continued. "You see, Jan and I are swingers. We're very careful swingers. No wandering sluts or barnyard roosters are welcome. Just careful married couples who want to add a little spice in their marriage."

"Wow," was all Ronald had been able to say.

"As I said, we've wanted to find a way to invite you. I am guessing from what you said you would love to have Jan, and I assure you she'd love to have you too. I think Margaret is about as desirable as women come."

Ronald was slightly put off by Tim's interest in Margaret. "Absurd," he had reminded himself, "After all, you want to nail HIS wife."

"So, what do you think? The next get together will be in five weeks. Talk it over with Margaret." Tim started to rise and then sat back down. "One thing, Ronald. Both partners have to be in this. No cuckolds, no cheating husbands. I mention this only because this isn't being unfaithful, at least not to us and in this context."

"I understand."

Ronald left, his mind in a whirl. God, it all sounded so exciting. He just knew that it would add immeasurably to their sex life. And after all, it wasn't cheating was it?

Ronald wanted to hold his head in his hands again. How stupid could he have been to think that swinging was something that Margaret would have entertained for a moment? And why had he thought Jan's body was any match for hers? It was different, that was all. Why couldn't he have thought of that then? Blinded by greed, he guessed. He had the loveliest woman ever already but he had wanted more.

Her reaction to his casual mention of swinging had provoked the reaction that he should have expected, WOULD have expected had he not been so blinded by his fantasies. She had told him in no uncertain terms that she had no interest in the idea, no desire for anyone except him and she thought it was just mutual cheating.

He should have let it drop. He hadn't. He had never come right out and told her it was Tim and Jan who were involved but he had continued to bring up the idea. He had even advanced to the point that he had mentioned he knew a couple that was into that lifestyle, implying it was someone she didn't know.

The more he pushed, the more Margaret had resisted. Vocal at first, she had become increasingly withdrawn as the weeks went on. In his foolishness, he had somehow interpreted her increasing quiet to his suggestions as a sign that she was weakening.

One day he had run into Jan at the mall. She had been coming out of a well known lingerie store.

"Hey Ronald." She had kissed him on the cheek, and then winked at him. "I have something special here for Saturday night. Its nothing but a wisp of black lace but you wouldn't believe what it cost."

"Speaking of that, are we going to see you and Margaret there? Tim is chomping and snorting when her name is mentioned. In fact," she winked at him, "I'd love to be with her myself. But this time I want you big boy." Unseen under the packages she held, her fingers brushed his groin.

Ronald bit back a groan. His cock had taken a jump, both from the touch of her fingers and from the image of Jan with Margaret. He had never really thought about his wife with another woman but the thought was arousing.

"Yes, we'll be there, except," he paused, unsure of what to say.

"Except for what?" Actual disappointment was in Jan's eyes.

"Well, Margaret wants to come," Ronald improvised. "Its just she is very shy you know. She doesn't loosen up easily." He forced a chuckle. "I may have to get her drunk first to relax her enough."

"Oh don't do that, that takes away half the feeling and the fun. I tell you what. I have a little something that will take the edge off her anxiety." Seeing his face, she hastily added, "It won't make her a slave or anything stupid like that, just relax her. Its completely safe." She gave him the name of the drug. "You can research it yourself to be sure its okay."

If he had possessed any sense at all he would have stopped right then. But he hadn't, so he had nodded and accepted the idea. He had gone online and checked on the drug and its effects and side-effects and also consulted a Pharmacist's Guide at the library. Reassured, he met Jan at her house one afternoon and she gave him a small, dark brown bottle with a fine white powder. Jan explained he should simply put a little in Margaret's drink an hour or so before they came to the party

Now it seemed like Friday night would never come. It did, of course, and he had surprised Margaret by taking her out to a nice restaurant for dinner. He knew she would dress nicely for that, as they often went dancing after and then home to bed.

They had a fine meal. Following Jan's directions he had sprinkled the powder in her wine glass while she was in the ladies' room. He hadn't hesittated to do that, but he had paused when she wanted to go dancing after dinner. He told her that Jan and Tim were having a get-together and maybe they could go afterward. She really looked disappointed. Why in hell hadn't he let that look convince him to take her dancing and never look back? But instead he had soothed her by telling her that if they didn't enjoy the party they could leave and still go out.

The party started out like any other Friday night cocktail party. There was mingling, conversation and food and drink. Ronald checked several times and it did appear that Margaret was enjoying herself and seemed to be a less insistant about her personal space. Jan came out of the kitchen and gave him a wink and a thumbs up. He looked past her and saw Margaret in an animated conversation with Tim and some guy who's name he hadn't caught. She was sitting on the counter, her skirt much higher than usual and the guys were close on either side of her. He wasn't sure but he thought Tim had his hand on her leg.

Even now he couldn't decide when the "swinging" part of the evening started. He wished he had. Maybe if there had been a sharp line that divided "before" and "after" he might have come to his senses at the last moment. No, probably not. He had been given plenty of chances to change his mind and had bulled right past them.

How the partners for the evening had been decided on he didn't know. But people had been drifting out of the room for a little while before he noticed the room was emptying out. He looked across to see Margaret. A rush of relief mixed with anxiety swept over him as he saw that she was leaning against Tim, her face turned up to him and her arms around his waist.

That was the last chance. Then Jan was kissing him and he was kissing her back. The idea of holding another woman, of stripping the clothes off her and she undressing him, drove everything else from his mind.

Ronald had been so blinded by the feel of Jan's full curves he hadn't even seen Margaret leave. His attention had been on the willing woman leading him to the couch and pulling him down on top of her. He had buried his face between her breasts, his tongue darting back and forth from one large brown nipple to the other. She had wiggled her whole body under him, pushing up to him.

His hard cock had slipped between her legs. Suddenly she pulled him up along her body, already damp with their sweat. "Ronald," she had gasped. "Straddle me. I want you to fuck my tits."

Emboldened by her words he had knelt over her belly. He grasped her full breasts, pressing them over his shaft. He began a steady rocking motion, sliding his erection in her valley. His hands had tightened on her breasts, squeezing them as she moaned and cried out.

"Yes, tight, dig your fingers in my tits." He responded and thrust faster and harder between her breasts, crushing them against his cock. She bent her head and managed to lick the helmet each time he heaved forward with his hips. He had felt himself throbbing and then with a grunt and one more squeeze of her tits he had shot his cum over her breasts and face.

Jan had grinned and licked her lips. "That was good Ronald. Now," she squirmed from under him. "You sit down and let me get you ready to go again." He no sooner leaned back against the cushions then she knelt before him and swallowed his cock. "Mmm, yummy," she had commented as she licked the cum off his shaft. Then she settled down to giving him a serious blowjob.

At first he had thought she was wasting her time. Then he began to harden again under the touch of her mouth. She held his cock deep in her mouth, her tongue stroking the underside and the slow, steady suction aroused him back to full hardness.

patricia51
patricia51
1,915 Followers
12