Owning Avery Ch. 07

Story Info
The Fallout, as all three grapple with what took place.
4.8k words
4.39
2.8k
1

Part 7 of the 9 part series

Updated 02/19/2024
Created 02/05/2024
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
rosess
rosess
165 Followers

It was later than he'd hoped when Carter woke up. Sunlight battered at the shades, the room bathed in striped light from loosely closed blinds. It was 11am, and he was the first to wake; they'd slept away so many hours when time was so limited.

He sat up with a stretch and was decidedly unquiet with it all, or Mason and Avery might still be asleep here by midafternoon. Sometimes Carter thought he was the only practical one around; he was keenly aware they'd been living in this fantasy world for thirty-something odd hours but it was not the reality. Reality was about to strike before dinner time, and it brought on far more than just the fact they had sheets to clean.

"We gotta get up," he announced, running his fingers through his unkempt hair, then snatched up his boxer briefs from the floor and stepped into them.

Avery stretched out with a sigh, noticed Carter rising from the bed and shaded her eyes with her hand. "What time is it?" she asked meekly.

"Eleven," Carter said. He grabbed the shopping bag and tossed in the lubricants and plug. There was so much clean up that needed to happen. "We all need showers, but we have no idea when mom and Scott get home, just that it's this afternoon and sheets gotta get cycling."

"Fuck," Mason exhaled, then launched up from the bed. He worked his t-shirt on over his head, then boxers.

Avery climbed off the bed but had nothing to cover herself; just the corset and panties that were on the floor by the master-bath. "I can help, I just should go—"

She paused, trying to modestly cover herself. Carter shook his head and pointed. "Go shower, it's fine," he told her peaceably. "We've got this."

Smiling with gratitude, Avery dashed out of the room and around the bend to head upstairs, out of sight in the blink of an eye. Carter began to strip off the blankets while Mason worked off the pillowcases. "It's kinda fucked up that we . . . well? Literally fucked up their bed."

Carter laughed, despite himself. He shrugged, gesturing toward it. "I mean, no one else in this house has a king. I don't even have a bedroom when I come to stay here during summers anymore; they turned it into that art studio within a month of me moving to the dorms. That's why I end up in the pool house."

"They didn't expect you to return every summer," Mason teased him. "Most people your age have a real apartment by now."

Rolling his eyes, Carter said, "I do live in apartments. It's just that leases are weird when it comes to places around the U. Most people sublet for the summer and I'm not super into sharing a place with strangers for a few months until my roommates return."

"Well, the only reason my room stuck around is because they learned from you that we always come back," Mason said with a shrug. Pillowcases were in a pile with the rest of the bedding now, and the two sorta stared at one another for a moment, very much in a what the actual fuck did we do sort of way.

"She liked it," Carter said, answering their unspoken question.

"For sure," Mason agreed. There was no doubt in his mind. Avery was strong. She could have stopped any of it at any time from the first ridiculously orchestrated spanking clear through until now, and everyone would have dropped it. They'd all loved each other for years, this had simply been a strange fantastical evolution. But it was at an end. "What the fuck do we do now?" he finally asked, shaking his head in wonder.

Carter grimaced. "I don't know," he stated, looking away. "It's up to her, really."

"Yeah, but we can't honestly maintain this," Mason said, narrowing his eyes.

"No," Carter agreed, the weight of it heavier than he'd expected. Friday night he'd expected some weird fun. In no way had he thought Sunday would roll around and he'd want more. "I think we all need to sit down and talk, sooner rather than later."

Mason eyed his brother. They had almost two months left in this house together before the three split up to their respective schools. He didn't know if he'd be able to handle afternoons by the pool in the backyard with Avery now without needing more. He'd probably head back to school early, give some excuse.

"I'll take these," he said after another moment, bundling up the bedding. "Then I really need to clean up."

With that, he made his way to the laundry room.

A bit after noon, the three gathered in the kitchen in search of food. Avery was first, so she set to pulling out bread and deli meats to make sandwiches for everyone. While digging through the cheeses, she felt a hand on her ass over her white shorts and she melted.

She'd spent the majority of her shower feeling confusion and grief. As they'd climbed from bed this morning, it had felt like the end. Their fantasy was over. And she just didn't know how to process it. But the second she felt the warmth from one of them, the fear and agony melted away. "What is with you guys and my ass?" she asked with a contented smile, echoing her question from the morning before.

"It's just impossible to resist," Carter said, then gave it a playful swat. "Can I help you here?"

Avery shook her head. "I've got this," she told him. It made her happy to do this for them. She was so strangely grateful for this sexual awakening with two men she had loved for years. Yes, it was confusing. It had started so awkwardly, but the growth she'd experienced both physically and emotionally had been so immense that even thinking about it warmed her entire being.

"Sheets have been rotated," Mason announced as he entered the kitchen, finding Carter leaning against the counter beside Avery. "Two more loads maybe? Just the pillowcases and quilt. Couple hours and everything should be reset like it never happened."

This caused a lump in Avery's throat. The way it had been worded sent the fear right back that this would all be erased and she'd have to hold it as a memory. Worse, that she'd have another few months in this house with them pretending it had never happened. She didn't think her heart could take it.

Slapping together the last of the sandwiches, Carter placed each on a plate while Mason filled glasses of water. They soon sat around the table in the breakfast nook, munching in solitude.

Carter made it halfway through his sandwich before he leaned back in his chair and looked over. "Avery, we need to talk," he said, his tone low and serious.

Avery swallowed heavily and nodded. "Okay," she said, wondering what direction this could possibly take. Maybe they had another plan before their parents arrived home, but she doubted it. As Mason said, everything would soon be reset to the point where it had never happened.

"Look," Carter began, not really knowing how to go about this. He'd had quite a few women in his life, some longer term, most short flings. But he'd never had to face anything quite like this. "I think I can speak for Mason when I say that this was the most incredible weekend either of us have ever had."

A loud exhale of relief left Avery, and her hand flew to her chest. "I know," she sighed. "I feel the same way, I really do. It was really hard at times and I was scared, but I wouldn't change a thing."

"Me either," Mason cut in, instantly alleviating the tiny voice of guilt that had resided in the back of his head. Thank god, Avery had enjoyed it too. "It was an evolution, if anything."

"Totally," Avery cried, then chuckled. This could work. Somehow. Sure, it would be difficult, but it could happen again. Their parents worked during the week and they had so much time. And then maybe there would come a time where they'd live close. Maybe—

"Yes, but it can't maintain," Carter stated, fully cutting off Avery's reverie, and her eyes darted to him, wide and wounded. He felt guilt, but it was ridiculous to think they could just keep this up forever. Sure, it had been fun. But also fucking weird sharing her with his brother, even if they weren't blood related. And frankly he didn't want to share her ever again. Further, he felt confident he would win. "We can't all be fooling around, and to what end? It's just not reality."

Avery shook her head, eyes darting between Carter and Mason. "Yeah, maybe, but we have lots of time still," she argued. "Just because you said it was a weekend where you owned me until Sunday doesn't mean it has to end. I want it to continue. I want to be owned by you. We have all summer! I'll do anything!"

Feeling his heart would tear in half, Mason had to hold himself back from taking her in his arms. He also couldn't believe he was hearing her say this. Such a change in just a weekend. He never in his life thought Avery would want him like this. "I mean," he began, aiming his words at Carter. "She is right. We have weeks still—"

"No," Carter disagreed, though it was insanely tempting. "I'm sorry. If we continue, we drag out a fantasy, it just gets harder. If we're not caught from it, it's still gotta end eventually."

Mason exhaled. Nodded. Turned to Avery apologetically. "He's right," he told her. "But that doesn't mean it has to end fully."

"Exactly," Carter agreed.

Avery had been feeling near tears, but she perked up at this, though it was slight. "What do you mean, then?"

Carter ran his hand thought his hair, feeling exasperated. He had not expected himself to be so reticent. Frankly it pissed him off. Even if they just went one more week, wouldn't it be worth it? But still, he was nothing if not practical. "It's up to you, Avery," finally said. "You have to decide."

Another hard swallow, and it made the lump in her throat ache. "Okay . . .?" she began, then a single chuckle that wasn't remotely funny resonated in her chest. "Okay I choose that we keep it up until we have to leave. Like, seriously! We have morning until dinner every fucking day! We could go camping, take a road trip, we could go to hotels, whatever—" She stopped, noticing Carter shaking his head and looked to Mason. "Right?" she asked him. At least Mason seemed to be on her side.

Mason wanted nothing more. Especially a camping trip. It could be incredible, the three of them heading up to the mountains for a few nights away. "No," he said instead, but he didn't really mean it. Still, he did mean it, because if they did head to the mountains to camp, he wanted it to be him and Avery only. She had to choose. "You have to choose," he said, echoing his thoughts.

"Between you?!"

Carter swept in. "Not fully," he said, leaning forward in earnest. "We're just saying it's up to you. This is a clean break if you want it. We can pretend it never happened and just be what we were, or we can know it happened and be happy it did but never really revisit it. Or . . . if you decided to make something a relationship, then yeah. You choose."

Avery felt sick. She could no sooner choose between them than choose what finger to cut off. "Relationship?" she croaked. Felt as though she might vomit.

"I think we both love you," Mason told her. "Doesn't mean we can't move on, that's fine if that's what you want. But if you wanted one of us, it's up to you and we will respect your choice. It just can't be both."

And that was the truth of it in Mason's eyes. He wanted her to himself.

Carter nodded. He was not about to share her with Mason ever again.

Avery replayed her early morning wakeup just before dawn. How sensual and serene it had felt having sex with Mason as she kissed Carter, followed by the swap. To choose between them was unfathomable. Because before she'd fallen asleep, her very clear thoughts were that she had fallen deeply in love with both of them. Equally. Worse than love, there was a need. She didn't feel whole without them and wasn't sure she ever would again.

"This is fucked up," she hissed, then eyed them both with anger. "I can't believe we would go through all of that this weekend, and you could at least be giving me the time to figure something out through the week while we continue, but instead you just end everything right now and force me into making a choice! Why can't we just keep it up until I know what I want! How could you tease me with all of this then cut me off?"

Her outburst had surprised both of them, neither having realized the depth of Avery's thoughts when it came to everything that had happened. Carter opened his mouth to speak but couldn't find the words. Mason wracked his brain, didn't have an answer.

Improvise, Carter thought. "Okay," he said with a nod. "That's totally fair. I didn't think . . . This was always ending today, Avery! That was said on night one and I honestly thought you'd just want it to end." Though that wasn't the truth of it. He'd hoped to convince her to continue on with him. Still. "But Ave, we can't do this together like this. Mason and I. It wasn't the real world while we did it, and we compartmentalized what the other was doing. So look. Maybe take some time with us alone then. You're right, we have weeks to decide. We just know we want the decision to be yours, neither of us are going to push anything on you."

"That's rich, considering you pushed everything on me," Avery said, rolling her eyes. It was harsh because she had wanted it all pushed on her. The whole punishment thing had been a thrill, even when she'd initially argued against it. That had just been because it was Carter and Mason, which was too weird. But it didn't feel weird anymore. Nothing felt more right. Her eyes darted between the two, then she pushed the chair from the table and stood up. "Fine. I'll choose. Maybe you're right, maybe I'll choose to pretend it never happened. I'll let you know. For now, I'm going swimming. Join me if you want so we can all practice pretending nothing happened."

With that, Avery left the kitchen and made her way out the back door, unbuttoning her shorts as she walked toward the pool.

Watching Avery strip down to her bikini through the window had Carter questioning way more than he thought he would. "This is right," he said, trying hard to assure himself. "Right?"

"She'll come around," Mason agreed, not looking at Carter. His eyes were fixated on her. He wondered if he'd ever touch her again. For some reason he thought he would. He felt it deep down, but he couldn't be sure. When they'd been together, both with Carter and without, their connection had been undeniable. Yeah, today would be weird. But given how angry Avery had been—how much she'd demanded they continue as they were—he didn't think she'd last long before coming to him. Probably to Carter too, albeit separately. And that was fine. As long as he could be with her again even just once, it would be okay until she'd made a decision.

***

The evening was awkward, but the day that followed was miserable, plain and simple. All day Monday, Avery went out of her way to avoid both Mason and Carter completely, down to exiting the pool and heading to her room at 1pm in the afternoon when Carter had sat down on the lounger outside.

She was confused and angry. But more than anything, she felt betrayed. If asked on Friday if she could ever have feelings for Carter or Mason she would have laughed. Rolled her eyes. Maybe gagged at the very thought. It had began weird and awkward and an utter shock to Avery's mind and body, but it had transitioned into something so much more than she could have ever dreamed. She didn't know how to return to normal, because all she wanted now was for the prior weekend to be her new normal. And now, just like that, they wanted it all to end. To just return like nothing had ever happened.

Or worse, yet: to choose. It was unfathomable.

No, she would not. Ever.

But as that defiance would seep in, it would dawn on her that it meant sacrificing them both! This cycled her mood back to anger, where she resided Sunday evening, well into Monday. And each time Carter or Mason tried to speak to her, she walked away. She didn't want them to know she was hurting.

She skipped dinner.

Snuck some toast to her room Tuesday morning.

Skipped lunch.

Had a text reminder from one of her best friends, Hannah, that there was a bonfire at the lake that evening, wondering if she was going to attend. As she began to respond that she had other plans, she closed her eyes and reconsidered. Her 'other plans' were sitting in her room binging out some Netflix alone, and she couldn't wallow. She refused. So, she responded she'd arrive around eight.

What she hadn't known was that Carter and Mason had been invited by their own friends, the large umbrella of "those home for the summer" including a lot of people from the years they'd graduated from the local high school as well. And while sitting with Hannah and Whitney on a log by the bonfire, well into her second beer, she saw them approaching with a few of their guy friends from the parking lot and began to panic.

"Avery!" Hannah cried, snapping her fingers in front of Avery's face. Avery blinked and turned to her friend. "Where'd you go?"

Avery shook her head in apology, though her eyes darted back to the group of guys approaching. The sun was a half hour or so away from setting, or she may have considered hiding in the dark away from the flames and sneaking off. "I'm sorry, what were you saying?"

"I was asking what you think about Malik?" Hannah explained, as Avery realized she'd missed a lot more of the conversation than just a line or two since she didn't even know who Malik was. "Rachel hooked up with him Saturday."

"Oh, totally," Avery began, as though she'd heard every word. "He's hot."

Whitney pursed her lips. "He's hot, but . . . I don't know, I guess he only dates. No girlfriends, ever. Rachel thinks it'll be different—"

"—Which we know it won't," Hannah continued.

It was background noise, though Avery nodded along while taking another long sip of beer from her solo cup. With another glance, she saw Carter and Mason at the keg, and this time, they saw her. Mason first, and he offered a little smile and wave, which Avery ignored by immediately looking away. In her next glance, she saw Carter and Mason's heads together while Mason was subtly pointing her way, and she internally groaned, thinking her night ruined.

Not that it would be much fun anyways. She was still so devastated. It had been stupid to show up even if they hadn't arrived, and frankly it had been stupid to assume they wouldn't be here given multiple occasions this summer they'd wound up at the same parties.

Then they began to walk her way, and Avery began tugging at her blonde hair in a nervous attempt at creating order with something she had a semblance of control over.

"Hey, Ave," Carter said as though nothing had ever happened, and Avery could feel a heat in her face as she desperately reminded herself to keep her cool.

"I didn't know you guys were coming," Avery responded, hoping he'd take the hint.

Carter gave her a lopsided grin. "We haven't talked since Sunday," he said with a chuckle. "Kinda hard to communicate plans."

"Well," Hannah drawled, over exaggerating her motions in a silly and flirty way. "Avery's being super weird tonight, as you can see. But we are glad to see you." She waved her finger between her and Whitney, then laughed.

"Yeah, sorry," Avery said, joining in the laughter only much more lethargic and reserved. "You're right, I've been on another planet. I think I just need more to drink."

Whitney emptied her beer, then glanced into Avery's cup. "Finish that, I'll go and just get a second cup for you for when you're ready," she sang, rising from the log. "Save my seat!"

Carter crashed down on the sand in front of Avery and Hannah on the log, followed by Mason, and Avery rolled her eyes as she realized they were determined to stay here and visit. She took a healthy gulp as Hannah launched into talking with her step-brothers, asking about their plans with what was left of the summer and whatever else. Avery was becoming skilled at tuning things out.

rosess
rosess
165 Followers
12