OZone 03 : Heat Index

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She calms her nerves looking up at the painting of He and Nora above the fireplace.

"She was very beautiful. I bet she was an elegant lady.'

He nods with a pucker, "She was. Farted with the best of 'em."

Sondra smiles, "How did she die?"

"Not dead. She's everywhere. Just hiding behind the trees. Drunk driver."

Sondra turns pale as she watches him walk over to the bookshelf. "Music major. Minor in Lit'. Loved the Greeks. I used to call her Soccer Tease. Soccer mom when not on tour. Broadway. Wolftrap. The Met." On her way home one night. Girls night out."

He falls silent closing the book he had opened. Sondra takes a deep breath, "I'm truly sorry. More so than you could ever imagine."

She chokes up, "I got sentenced ten years for manslaughter. Drunk behind the wheel. I ran an SUV off the highway and kept on going. Cops arrested me the next day. I didn't even know what I did. The crash killed a family of four."

Tears trickle down her cheeks as Dhorne understands her trauma. She rubs her nose on her knuckles. "I was a mess. Spent the last two years in AA. Guilt's tore me up. I don't sleep much. Hey I'm sorry I was a bitch earlier." She tries to smile. "I have to say you're certainly the most original guy I've ever met."

Dhorne looks down at the carpet and sighs, "The law's meant to be the right thing to do. It's not always justice. Sobering none the less."

She shivers covering her chest, "Wish I could say I need a drink."

He glances up at Nora in the painting as if to ask advice. "None of us can change the past Moon. Not even ourselves. We live for the day and hope tomorrow's worth starting over. I can see the sadness in you. Accident's happen. Drinking was your fault. Driving too. You took the chance and paid the price. If you need a friend you have one."

She smiles thankful for his offer as he continues, "Not much I can do in yer case but I'll look into it. If there's any flaws I'll have my lawyers take yer case and drag it back to court. If not? Then I'll stick a file in yer birthday cake. Manila under Vanilla."

He winks as she narrows her eyes trying to comprehend what he was getting at. He paces around her which lightly intimidates her imagination. Standing behind her she starts to tremble.

"What are you saying, Mr. Dhorne?"

Silence. She swallows hard wanting to turn around but something in her mind kept her from it. She had a hot flash which made her lightheaded. Something compelled her to unfasten and slide her daisy duke jeans down over her bare butt. A light nudge of his index finger forces her to bend over against all consideration. His hand caresses almost ghostlike in softness tickling the tight pores. Suddenly, she hears a female clearing her throat. Sondra turns quickly to see Mercedes with her eyebrows raised, "What are you doing?"

She stands up turning to find she was alone. Easing her jean shorts up she grimaces at Mercedes, "Where did he go?"

The crew boss taps her wrist watch, "He walked past me three minutes ago. Why were you rubbing your ass?"

Sondra wrinkles, "I wasn't. He was."

Mercedes stares unblinking, "Have you been drinking?"

A cold chill covers Sondra Moon's body as she slowly turns to gaze up at the portrait of Nora LeGend. A smile crosses over Sondra's lips. "Not a drop. But this is one hangover I won't forget." With a thumb cast over Mercedes shoulder Sondra Moon walked back to work. Sober now more than she had ever been in her entire life. She could only surmise that Nora LeGend had used her to show her husband to leave the past behind. She would as well.

At the bottom of the hill Dhorne found Yolanda Paris still holding his coat. She voluntarily lifts it up to assist his arms into the sleeves. He turns and squeezes her shoulder before pulling a cell out of his pocket. Walking away from her Oz dials a series of numbers and pauses, "Tater?" He lowers his voice, "Dig up the dirt on a Warden by the name of Hiram Lasher at Winehall Prison here in Alabama. Get back to me."

Yolanda stands in awe, "You knew his first name?"

He nods, "My gal Paige spent time in Winehall. Heard the name before from her. Keep that bit of info to yerself. Now go on back to work pickpocket."

She smiles faintly and does as she was told.

Halfway up the hill she opens a piece of paper cautiously looking it over. "Jordan Bauer. Masseuse." She shrugs and crumples the paper up and puts it in her pocket.

"Missed that one didn't you, Hotshot?"

12