Panthera Spelaea Ch. 71-80

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Svetlana had become quite good at this, and I was powerless to resist her ministrations a few minutes later. "I'm close," I whispered to my fellatrix. She smiled as she swallowed my shaft, reaching out with her tongue to lick my balls. That was too much for me, and I lifted my hips as I started to shoot my seed deep into her throat.

My mate backed off, catching the potent elixir in her mouth and swallowing it down. She barely kept up, but none escaped. She cleaned off my cock and sat back up with a smile. "Tasty good," she told me.

"My turn when we get home," Anna said from behind me.

"I can't believe you guys have to give him blowjobs to stay young and healthy," Melanie said. "Whoever started this switcher thing was OBVIOUSLY a guy."

The girls snorted as I zipped up my pants. "We think you'll have to mate with a cunning linguist if he wants to stay young," Anna replied. "Of course, Ekatarina never found her mate, so we don't know for sure. You'll have to experiment."

"I have to find him first," Melanie said in a huff.

There was the obvious. "What about Hunter? You two seemed to get along well."

"He's a great guy, but he's forty-three and widowed. I can't help but think I'm just a vacation fling for him."

"What does your heart say," Anna asked.

"I miss him already." She looked out the window at the city; as the sun dipped below the horizon, the lights of the buildings shone brightly. "Is he my mate?"

"He might be, or not," I said. "My feelings for Svetlana, and later Anna, built with time. It wasn't until I opened my mind to my Lion that I felt his acceptance of them as his mates. Becoming one with your Eagle is the most important thing for you now. Only with that relationship can you control your switches and experience what she does."

"I'm nervous," she said.

"You'll be fine," I said. "I wouldn't have nominated you if I didn't think you had the right makeup to handle an Eagle. I'm a little jealous, I'll have you know."

"You? Jealous of ME? You can switch into a nine-hundred damn pound LION!"

"Yes, but I can't do it just anywhere; it's too dangerous. Other than being larger than other Golden Eagles, you can pass for a wild bird. As long as you switch out of sight, you can fly around all you want. Flying is MUCH cooler than running around on four legs." I had a thought. "Stay clear of wind farms. I don't want you taken out by a birdshredder."

"Flying will be cool," she admitted. "Still, you get to hunt deer and antelope and tasty things. What do I get? Rabbits, voles, and mice. Yuch."

We didn't talk more as the jet went on final approach. As soon as we taxied off the runway, I turned my phone on. It blew up with messages and emails.

I found one from Marina, my lawyer back in Moscow, and opened it up. "You need to see this," she said. The link was to an English-language Russian news broadcast. "KILLER LION GUNNED DOWN IN MOSCOW STREETS," the crawl read.

Holy crap! "Listen to this," I told everyone as I turned the volume up and hit play on the link.

"Officers of the Moscow Police, assisted by military units, responded to reports of a lion wandering near a pond at the Mitino Landscape Park. The first officers to arrive discovered and fired upon a large male Liger, or lion/tiger hybrid, when it charged their patrol cars. 'It was scary,' one officer said. 'Pistol bullets just pissed it off. It jumped on our car, then ran off into the park."

Svetlana got pale. "Liger?"

"Additional units with rifles were able to surround the dangerous animal, eventually killing it to protect the public. The Police Chief praised his people's response but blasted the unknown owners. 'Letting a large, dangerous animal like this loose in a major city is reckless in the extreme,' he said. 'This animal killed more than a dozen people months ago and could have done the same if we hadn't stopped it in time. We are going to find the owners and put them in jail for a LONG time,' he promised."

"Police hope they can find new evidence in last night's incident that can lead them to the people responsible. For Moscow News Morning, this is Irini Svenchenko."

The girls looked at me with tears in their eyes. "Was that the same Liger that saved me," Melanie asked.

"I'm sure it was," I said with a sigh. "Art's people bought it because its size, coloring, and short mane looked similar enough to my Cave Lion to be a substitute. Zach must have had it shipped to Russia and let loose in the park."

"Why? They MURDERED that animal!" Melanie was getting emotional, and I couldn't blame her. I owed the Liger a debt, and this wasn't a reward.

I let out a breath. "Art did this because it closes the chapter on my sightings in Moscow. No one will believe two different lions are wandering around in the park. The Liger is dead. The police will look for the owners and eventually close that part of the investigation. As smart as Zach is, I bet he's left bread crumbs leading them to a black-market big cat ring or something."

"They could have let it live! Find a place in an animal preserve or something!"

I looked at my sister with sadness in my eyes. "That was never going to happen," I told her. "Zach told me a drug dealer used to terrify his enemies by having the Liger rip people apart. He's killed more people than Vasili, many more, and that made him unadoptable. What legitimate shelter could accept a known maneater?"

Melanie thought about that as we coasted to a stop outside the small terminal of the commuter airport. "I don't like it."

"I know. There's a lot of things that have happened I don't like. I accept them because the animal's sacrifice clears me as a suspect in the first attacks. I wasn't even on the continent when this happened, and I can prove it. The Liger got to be free for a day, and he helps me stay free. Maybe someday, we can return to Russia again," I said.

We had to stop talking as the engines shut down and the cockpit door opened. "Welcome to Houston," the co-pilot said as he started opening the door.

"Thanks for a smooth flight," I told him. We exited the plane as the limo driver parked near the base of the stairs. Two minutes later, we were on the road home.

Ch. 76

"Are you sure it was the right call not letting Mom and Dad know we were coming?" The limo had turned off the main highway, and we were only a few miles from home now.

"If we called, Mom would have been at the airport. You know her interrogation wouldn't stop until she knows it all. Dad would have been too busy with work to come with, so we'd have to tell him the whole story. If we decide to tell Patrick, that's one more time when he comes home from MIT on Christmas break. I'd rather not go through this more times than we have to."

"Mom's going to freak out when we show up. I never told her I was heading to Europe." I raised an eyebrow at this confession. "What? They told me the trip was for a job interview with Karpen Investments! I needed leverage to get Dad to kick up my salary, plus it was on his yacht in the Aegean. How could I turn it down?"

"Telling you to pack a swimsuit was my idea," Anna said with a grin. "I looked up the weather forecast for Philadelphia during the trip. Mid-thirties for highs with snow flurries? Sibenik was an easy call."

"I got my assignments done on the flight over, so I don't need to attend classes. My finals start in six days. I have to be back at Wharton the day before," Melanie said.

The privacy glass was up, so we could still talk. "We should stay with Melanie while she's at school," Svetlana said. "You can continue to train her, and we can keep an eye on her in case her eagle starts to cause problems."

I agreed. "Whether we do it here or up in Montana, I'd like to get her eagle out a few times so she can learn some control. You remember how my Lion was when he got cooped up too long."

"Agreed," Anna said.

"I have a one-bedroom apartment near campus," Melanie complained.

"We'll get a hotel suite," I said. "God knows we can afford it now." Dad was paying for her apartment and tuition at the Wharton School, a top business university.

Melanie looked worried about something. "Can I still go to school with this whole Switcher thing?"

"I don't see why not. Few people know you have an Eagle, and the other Switchers I know have lived without detection for decades, even centuries. Once you and your raptor are sharing your mind and you have control over your switching, it should be fine," I said. "The more time you spend with feathers, the better. Regular trips to the country and some flying time should keep your raptor happy."

Melanie was looking at the sprawling ranch-style mansion we called home. Most of the home was dark except Dad's office lights and some in the kitchen. The driveway lights came on automatically as the limo stopped near the front entryway, and Consuela burst out the door when she saw us. "Master John! Mistress Melanie! What a surprise!" Our head housekeeper and cook was in her fifties, a Mexican grandmother who had been with us my entire life. She greeted us with hugs and kisses. "And who did you bring with you?"

"My fiancé, Svetlana, and my good friend Anna," I told her. I wouldn't tell anyone of our real relationship until I'd confessed to my parents.

"Welcome, welcome. If you need anything at all, ask me," Consuelua said as she embraced them like family. "This is so exciting! I can't believe John is finally bringing a girl home, and such a beautiful one!"

"Which is harder to believe, Consuela? That I brought a girl home, or that she is beautiful?"

She didn't get to answer before Mom burst out the door. "JOHN! MELANIE!" She ran out and crashed into my arms, hugging me like I was about to fly away or something. I chuckled, thinking I was the wrong one of her children to do that. "I've been so worried!"

"We're fine, Mom. We had to get out of Russia in a hurry, and some friends helped us stay out of sight. I did pick up a passenger on the way home, though."

"I thought you were in school!" Mom moved over to embrace Melanie.

"I took some time for an adventure," my sister replied.

"Well, grab your things and come inside! I can't wait to hear about it!"

"Mom, it's going to take a while, and Dad needs to be in the discussion. Can you make a big pot of coffee and meet us in his office? I'll help the girls settle in." She agreed, and we brought our things into the house. I set all of our luggage inside my room, then gave my mates a quick tour while Consuela went to the kitchen to begin cooking up a storm.

We ended up at my Dad's office, where Melanie was waiting to knock. "Come in," Dad said. We entered the room, and his eyes lit up as he saw me. "Son, it's good to have you back," Lewis said. Dad looked young for his age, his silver hair still full, and his body still looking like the athlete he'd been. He embraced me before I introduced the girls to him.

Mom arrived with the coffee, and we all sat down in his sitting area. "Is everything over in Russia now?"

"If you don't mind, I'd like to start at the beginning. It might take a few hours to get through everything."

"If you think that is best," Mom said. The part about the Cave Lion carcass, my time in the Russian hospital, and meeting Svetlana and Anna went smoothly because Mom already knew most of it. After that, things got more interesting.

I told them about how I started noticing my senses getting more acute, plus having strength and speed I'd never had before. Mom didn't know what to say, and Dad was openly dismissive. "A quick demonstration," I said. "Mom, go over to Dad's bookcase and pull out a random book to a random page." I moved to the other side of his large office, putting me more than thirty feet away.

I read the book without difficulty. Then I had my mates lock hands over my right fist, and I lifted them both above my head. Pushing them straight up would have been too easy, so I used only a straight right arm. "Dad, I can't exercise in a hotel gym anymore because the weights don't challenge me, and the treadmills don't go fast enough. All of this happened in a few weeks after Siberia."

"It's impossible! Humans can't change that way!"

"Hold that thought," I said. I had Svetlana and Anna adding to the story as I talked about switching into a Cave Lion, then waking up nude on their balcony. "That picture of the lion in the streets of Moscow months ago? That was me. The Cave Lion wasn't your ordinary carcass. There was something magical about it, and when I touched it? I changed forever."

Anna saw my parent's look of disbelief. "You may as well show them," she told me.

I took off my shoes and started stripping down. "What are you doing," Mom exclaimed.

"I'm showing you what I am," I told them. I stepped behind a high-backed chair to hide my nudity, placing my clothing on the back of it. "Don't scream. I don't need Consuela seeing this, and it's perfectly safe. It's still me, just a different me."

Just to be safe, Melanie moved behind her parents on the love seat they shared and put her hands on their shoulders. "Don't take your eyes off him," she whispered.

I got down on my hands and knees, legs sticking out one side and shoulders out the other, then I called forward my Lion. The shift was instantaneous, while the reaction to me took a few seconds. It's like the shock from when you get kicked in the nuts, and your brain takes a moment to realize you're in agony.

"OH my GOD!" Mom was staring at me, bug-eyed.

Dad pulled Mom behind him. "What the FUCK?"

I stretched out, my big paws in front of me as I arched my back. Shaking my head, I looked at my parents through my Lion's eyes. I could scent their fear, and we didn't like it. I laid on my stomach, licking at a paw while I waited for them to calm down. "Isn't he beautiful," Svetlana said as she knelt next to my head. "So warm and soft."

Dad was relaxing a bit, seeing I wasn't attacking. "He's HUGE!"

"I think I peed myself," Mom said. I raised my nose and sniffed. Yep, just a little.

Anna held out a hand to my Mom. "Come pet him. He loves getting scratches."

She looked at Dad, then shakily got to her feet. "He always did want attention." Melanie took Dad's hand, and together they came closer. I sniffed their hands as they held out their fists like greeting a strange dog. Deep, satisfying rumbles came from my chest as I soon had five people petting and scratching me at once. They had to accept what I was because there was no other explanation. "How is this possible?"

Melanie was the one who explained what we knew of Switchers and how they worked. "John is one of only five known switchers in the world. He is the only Cave Lion. The people we stayed with in Europe included the other four. There is a Cave Bear, a Dire Wolf, a Scimitar Cat, and a Golden Eagle."

"All of them are species that went extinct over ten thousand years ago, but whatever magic went into the original animals continues to this day," Anna said. "The animal pairs with a single human and remains with it until death. When the person dies, the animal goes into the next human who touches the body."

Dad figured it out. "So this carcass you found buried in the permafrost was a Switcher?" I nodded my big lion head. "How were you the first to touch it?"

"They wore lots of protective gear during excavation, but John took off his glove and touched the fur once they had it in the boat," Anna replied. "He doesn't remember anything after that until he woke up in the Moscow hospital. Later, we found out that the transfer was like an electric shock, and he would have shifted to the Cave Lion right there. It takes time to get the Lion and the Human to share thoughts. We'll never know what happened to the others in the boat."

Mom looked up in shock. "You killed those people?"

"He doesn't know," Svetlana said. "We think two drowned after bailing out of the boat while the other probably tried fighting him."

"And that lion that killed those gang members and the cop in Moscow? That was John too?"

"Those men were trying to kill John and rape us. John protected us. The police officer was shooting at him, so the lion fought back. John wasn't in control, but his cat was acting to protect his mates."

Mom was having trouble figuring it out. I licked her arm, making her jump. I then bumped her with the top of my head before tucking my nose in by her side. "This lion is a killer," she said as she started to back away.

"He's a big, fuzzy love-love," Anna said as she climbed onto my back and buried her face in my short mane. "Fierce? Protective? Loving? He's all that and more. He'd die for us."

Mom had gone to Dad's side, and he pulled her close as he thought about it. Something Svetlana said finally registered. "Mates? Both of you?"

Svetlana nodded. "I loved John from the first time I saw him. Anna felt the same, but I'd gotten him first. It turned out that John and his Lion could love both of us the same way. Switchers have a mate, chosen by their animal side and accepted by the human. Since Lions have a Pride, he's the only Switcher with more than one mate."

Anna got off me, and I switched back while they all sat back down. "I know it's a shock to you. Imagine how I felt when it was happening to me. Until our minds merged, I'd be blacking out and waking up naked on their deck at four in the morning." I sat on the couch, this time with Anna and Svetlana holding my hands openly. "We know this isn't a normal relationship, but I love them both, and we'll make it work."

Dad looked between us. "How? Polygamy isn't allowed in Texas!"

"I know. Svetlana and I are engaged; she will be my legal and public wife, but Anna will be just as much my wife in private. Anna will be our live-in nanny."

Now Mom's eyes got wide. "Nanny?"

It was the girl's chance to shock the parents. "We're pregnant," they said together.

No one said anything for a moment. My parents were sorting through things, probably realizing that there was no way of talking me out of our triune relationship. Melanie started laughing. "Good job, bro. That's twice now you've shut them up."

"You'll get your chance," I said.

Mom finally spoke. "How?"

Svetlana blushed. "The usual way. He's a fantastic lover, by the way. We were both taking contraceptives, so we didn't expect this. There are side effects of being the mate of a Switcher. Our bodies heal incredibly fast, and we remain at our peak age and health. Fertility is one of those conditions."

"We're due next summer," Anna added.

Mom realized a few things. She had a wedding to plan, and she had her first grandchildren on the way. Tears flowed down her face, and she raced over to hug her future daughters-in-law. "Are you going to have babies or cubs," she asked.

"Babies. The Switcher doesn't change John's DNA, and he can't pass it down to his children unless he dies and they touch him first."

By the time we got done revealing that the girls and I would live until killed, never aging or getting sick, Mom had a headache. Imagine if I told them HOW the girls stayed young and healthy! "I don't know if I can take any more tonight," she said.

"We can pick this up in the morning," I told them.

"Good. I need a drink." He poured himself a Scotch from the small bar next to the bookshelves. "How much more is there to go?" Dad looked like he'd been through the wringer.

"We're about halfway."

"Jesus Christ. Yeah, give us until after breakfast before you tell us more."

We said goodnight after I assured my Mom I was still her boy. I looked at the girls after they left. "Well, that went better than I expected."

"It ain't over yet," Melanie said. "Come on. I bet Consuela has some dinner ready for us."

"I hope she made a LOT," I said. "You'll notice you'll be eating more now, and you won't gain weight."