Party Time

Story Info
A married woman strays with a neighbor.
3.7k words
3.49
105.3k
47
29
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Zeb_Carter
Zeb_Carter
3,085 Followers

Author's Note: Just a short flash story, I wrote a while back and just got around to editing, about a cheating wife and the neighbor. If you don't like stories like this please move on. All errors are mine, don't tell me about them. Minimum character development so if you are looking for that what can I say? Oh yeah, it's not there. To all of you who don't like these kind of stories I just have one question. Why do you bother? Oh yeah, there is no sex in this story. You have all been warned.

And as for Echo Ridge fans, I'm still working on that one also. As for other stories, they are also being worked on. Busy, busy, busy. Be patient, they will all get done in the end.

Copyright © 2018 - This is an original work by Zeb Carter and is protected under copyright by U.S. copyright law. It is only submitted at Literotica.Com and any submission to any other site has not been authorized by the Author.

Party Time

It was July 4th and we were having a block party. No, not me and my wife, our neighborhood. The street we live on has eight houses on each side of the street. That's sixteen families. That's who was having the block party. It was well in swing. The band was playing and the men were playing horseshoes. The young kids were running around like crazy and everyone was having a good time. I had just come back from an ice run and was looking for my wife, Denise. I'm John, by the way. We live in one of the middle houses on the south side of the street.

When I couldn't find her, I asked around. Kay, from across the street thought she might be in our house getting some snacks together. I nodded and headed for our place. I stopped just at the backdoor. There were three boys, not kids, old, looking at our front window. It was a large "picture window" is what it was called it. I could see that the drapes were drawn, but the lights in the living room were bright. It wasn't all that dark out, but the lights did shine through.

They were all watching the two shadows. There were two people sitting on our couch... making out. I went to the back door and as quietly as I could I went into the house. When we first bought the house, it was noisy as hell. It took me an entire weekend to screw the subfloor to the rafters. It was now really quiet. I took off my shoes at the door and a softly as I could walked to the doorway to the living room. I was surprised by what I saw. With my eyes wide, I just stared at my wife Denise as she kissed the woman from next door, Jennifer. It looked as if they had been making out for a long, long time.

They also seemed to have been getting together for quite awhile. They seemed to be very comfortable doing what they were doing. I almost gasped as Jennifer put her hand on Denise's breast and squeezed gently. Denise did gasp as she pulled her lisps from Jen's all her breath exploded from her lungs.

"You know," I said startling them both, "your shadows are on the curtains and there is a group of boys out front watching."

I stood there looking at the shock on their faces. I knew I should be angry with Denise, actually I was. Very angry in fact. I scowled at her and Jen.

"Oh my god," Jen said putting her hand over her mouth.

"Uh... honey... please don't be mad," Denise said almost choking.

I just looked at her and Jennifer. They both started to get up from the couch.

"Stay!" I yelled.

They both jumped at my shout and quickly sat back. I glared at Denise. Shaking my head I thought about what I had caught her doing and I wondered, who else she could have... I shook my head again.

"How long?" I asked softly.

They both looked at me as if confused.

"How long have you two been having sex?" I growled.

"Oh! When... back... since Steve died," Denise said. "Jenny was distraught and I was trying to comfort her. She kissed me. On the lips. I was shocked, but was also getting excited," Denise said stopping as she saw the look on my face.

"John, don't blame her. It was all me. I needed someone at that time and things happened. I'm so sorry..."

"Shut it Jen. God damn!" I shouted again.

Denise stood again. I gave her my really, really mad look. She sat back down. She was no longer looking at me. I stood there glaring at her. I didn't even look at Jen. Shaking all over, I couldn't stand still. I started to pace. I kept my eyes on Denise. She was looking at the floor. I know, I know. There are husbands out there that would love for their wife to get it on with another woman and let them watch of course. Personally, I don't like that she was going behind my back. That's cheating. I would never cheat on her, with a woman and definitely not with a man. Sorry, I'm not bi.

"John," Jen said softly.

"What?" I growled.

"It's really nothing to get upset about," Jen said.

"Wanna bet, Jen?"

"It's not like she went out and fucked some guy. It was just us girls," Jen replied.

"And if she will do it with you, how do I know she hasn't done it with some guy?" I growled.

"I... I guess you don't," Jen replied sitting back looking at Denise.

I looked at Denise. She looked back at me.

"I haven't been with any man but you. You are my husband. I would never cheat on you," Denise said almost in tears.

"You just were. Just because it was another woman doesn't make it okay. You promised to forsake ALL others. It doesn't mention the sex of the others. You have trashed out marriage vows."

Denise eyes opened wide, she was now crying. The tears were rolling down her cheeks. Jen put her arm around her best friend. I just shook my head. I almost felt sorry for both of them.

Six months ago, Steve, Jennifer's husband fell ill. He was diagnosed with cancer of the liver, stage four. The cancer had metastasized to other parts of his body. Stomach, lungs, even his heart. He died a week later. Jennifer was heartbroken and seriously depressed. She spent a lot of time at our house, just so she wasn't alone. She came over after her children went to school and went home when school was out. Then she was back when she put the kids to bed.

Denise wasn't working at the time. She was staying home to take care of our kids. We had two. A boy, Chris, eleven and a girl, Cindy, eight. Jennifer's kids were the same age. William, eleven and Karen, eight. I was working a lot of overtime so Denise didn't have to work. Had I been neglecting her? Not really. I was always ready for sex with her. Denise is a beautiful women. We are both 36 years old. We have been married thirteen years. I know that Denise is a very compassionate woman. She would give you the blouse off her back if she thought it would help you.

But, giving herself to another woman? Inexcusable. And if this isn't the first time she has consoled a friend like this? My mind was in a turmoil.

"Jen, go. Get out of here, please. Denise and I have things to talk about," I said softly.

"Don't you dare hurt her," Jennifer growled at me.

I almost laughed, but just shook my head instead as Jen got up and left.

"Now," I said looking at Denise.

"Now what?" she barked at me.

"You don't think you did anything wrong? Do you?"

"I didn't until you mentioned our marriage vows. But I have rethought what I did and come to the same conclusion you have. I was wrong. I was not only wrong, I was stupid. I should have discussed it with you first. I'm sorry for what I have done and for not talking to you first. Please forgive me?"

I looked at her. She was actually sincere. After thirteen years, we both knew when the other was lying.

"It's not that easy, dear. Like I said, how do I know you haven't done this with someone else? Like a man?"

"I told you..."

"How can I trust you? If I can't trust you, how can I believe you?"

"Oh god," Denise croaked as the tears started to flow again. "I'm..."

"I know, I heard you the first time. I'm sorry too. And hurt. And overwhelmed with betrayal and totally confused about us."

"Oh god," she sobbed covering her mouth with her hands.

"Calm down. I'll try to calm down too."

I sat next to her on the couch. I wasn't feeling sorry for her, but I did love her. You just don't turn off love for someone. No matter what they have done. We had been together for over fifteen year, thirteen of them in a loving marriage. We had two children. Both looked like us, so there was no reason to go there. Cindy even had Denise's ginger hair. Chris had my blonde hair.

"Why?" I asked her calmly.

"Oh god...so many reasons, honey. First she was hurting. Second, her and Steve weren't intimate for the past year and a half. She was suffering, but kept hoping. Steve wasn't rejecting her, he hasn't felt good for quite some time and couldn't... once he died, she wasn't thinking about their intimacy only that she had lost her husband. Then about two weeks after Steve's funeral, we were talking at her house. The kids were in school and the next thing I knew we were kissing.

"I was shocked at first, but she was my best friend and I suddenly found myself turned on. We made love that day for the first time. I... I found myself infatuated with Jennifer. And I felt what I let happen helped her get over the loss of a loved one. It's not like I'm going to turn lesbian or leave you to marry her. It was just me helping a friend."

I had listened, becoming a little angry at what Denise was telling me. I was also feeling things I was having a hard time coming to grips with. Jenny was a good friend. Not only to Denise but to me also. She had taken the death of her husband hard. Denise had been helping her with her kids and all the stuff that needs doing when a loved one dies. I was proud of my wife for helping her friend. I had never told her.

"Talk to me John," Denise said softly sniffling a little.

"Denny, I was so proud of you helping Jenny with the shit storm that happen after Steve's death. Really proud. But finding you and her today, has really hurt. A lot..."

"And," she said.

"And I don't know what I'm going to do about how I feel and about what you did. I'm sorry I don't have an answer, but I'm still processing what I just heard from you and what I saw this afternoon."

"Oh god," she sniffled. "I didn't even think that... never mind."

"A question. Would you like if I had an affair with Steve, if Jen had died?" I asked.

Of course I would never have had an affair with a man, nor a woman while married. The only woman I wanted was sitting here next to me, crying her eyes out.

"I would be very angry and very surprised," she said softly sniffling, fighting her tears back.

"I would be too. I am in fact. Very surprised."

I was too. I didn't think Denise was into women. She never led me to believe she had experimented, ever. I had been surprised when I saw her and Jenny making out on the couch. And her letting Jennifer touch her.

"I never told you?" Denise asked quietly.

"Never told me what, dear," I said. Calling her dear cost me nothing.

"About Susan and me," she whispered.

"Susan and you?"

"It happened back in college. Susan and me... experimented."

"Really? For how long?" I was now even more angry. Not that she had done what she did with Susan, but she had never told me about it until now.

"We were roommates for four years. When either of us felt a need... we experimented when we were between guys or didn't have a date that night."

I just stared at Denise. She stared right back at me. No shame, about Susan. I knew she was ashamed about what she did with Jennifer. But about Susan, none whatsoever. I didn't say a word. Finally, her gaze waivered and she dropped her head. I put my head in my hands. I groaned with pain and sadness.

"Go, go outside, I need to think without your sniffling," I said.

"Will you let me back in?" she asked.

"Yes. I'm not kicking you out, yet. I just need to be alone for a little bit. Now please go," I said softly.

"Okay, I love you," she said as she got up.

"I love you, too," I replied. I did too.

"Thank you," she said walked to the kitchen and out of the house.

I could hear the door open and close. I knew she wouldn't go far. I also knew Jennifer was probably right outside the door. I chuckled to myself at that thought. Now I was alone. I was... alone... now I could think. Could I? Hell, my mind was running at hyper-speed. I couldn't think of anything else except what I had seen. Denise being kissed and felt up by Jennifer. My anger was finally subsiding. My arousal was rising. I shook my head.

Damn it, she was cheating on me. It doesn't matter that it was a beautiful woman she was doing it with, she was cheating. I was at work, busting my hump and she was home in bed with another person having a good ole time. I stood up and started to pace. I could think better if I was moving. Then it struck me. I wasn't going to divorce here because of this. If it had been a man... no not even then, unless that's what she wanted. No.

I would forgive her, for now. I would demand that she not have sex with Jennifer any more. And she would have to work hard to earn my trust back. I got up and went to the kitchen and got myself a beer out of the fridge. I opened the bottle and took a big swig. It tasted good. I looked out the kitchen window and saw Denise and Jennifer sitting on Jennifer's planter out front. I went to the door, opened it and looked at Denise. She looked back at me with sadness in her eyes. I beckoned to her. She said something to Jen, got up and came back inside.

"Yes?" she asked when she was back inside.

"Let's go in the living room," I said heading that way.

Denise followed, close on my heels. We sat next to each other on the couch. She was still a little weepy, but met my gaze. I nodded, took another gulp of my beer and set the bottle down on the coffee table.

"I've decided to keep you, for now," I said flatly.

Denise just looked at me, like not keeping her had not even been on the table as far as she was concerned.

"You mean you were thinking of not keeping me as your wife and mother of your children?" asked Denise.

"Damn right," I said.

"Oh. I don't know what to say," she stated softly.

"I'm not expecting you to say anything except your won't cheat on me anymore."

"I won't cheat, I promise. I never meant to..."

"Come on. You just thought I would be one of those guys who would love to watch you and your female lover do it, didn't you?" I asked.

Denise looked at me. I wasn't smiling. In fact I would bet I was glowering at her. She quickly shied away from looking at me.

"Well?"

"I don't know. It just seemed that you wouldn't care if Jen and I got together every once in awhile."

"Let me explain. I wouldn't have, if you had discussed it with me first. Understand the difference now, sweetheart?" I asked.

"I guess. I'm sorry I didn't discuss it with you first. May I ask a question?"

"Sure, shoot," I said.

"If I discuss it with you first can I fuck other men?"

Denise was smiling an evil smile she had perfected way back in college when she wanted to get my goat. I tilted my head back, screwed up my face like I was thinking about her question very seriously. I caught a glimpse of her eyes widen as I paused.

"No, of course I would never let you fuck another man. Are you crazy?"

"No. But you will let me have Jennifer."

"I didn't say that either."

"You're right, you're right... then what did you mean?"

"I meant that you should have discussed it with me before you jumped in bed with Jennifer."

"Okay, now what?"

"What do you mean now what?"

"Can I still console Jennifer if need be?"

"No. What the... Listen, I don't what you cheating on me period."

"Then what was with all this discuss it with me bullshit?" Denise growled.

"If you would have discussed it with me first, we wouldn't be sitting her right now arguing with each other. You would have found out I didn't want you to do what you have done," I said loudly, not quite shouting.

"Oh," Denise huffed hanging her head.

"Stay there," I said, getting up and heading for the back door.

Jenny was still sitting on her planter watching the goings on out in the street. I opened the door, Jen immediately looked my way. I beckoned her. She rose and walked my way. Holding the door open I indicated she should go in the living room. She was sitting next to Denise when I got there.

"Tell her," I said, looking at Denise.

"We can't get together any more, Jen," said Denise softly.

"I figured that already, dear," replied Jennifer. "Is he going to divorce you?"

"I don't know," Denise said looking at me.

I just looked at Denny with a sadness in my eyes. She looked down at the floor. Jennifer looked at me.

"Jen, as of this minute, I will not be divorcing her. But if she cheats on me again, she can kiss our marriage goodbye."

"I understand, John," Jen said. "I won't cause any trouble, I promise."

"Jen... I hope we can all still be friends?" I was going to say more, but just couldn't.

"We can, John. Our friendship won't change. I'll help you and Denny, as I hope you and her will help me. Just like old times."

"Okay, thank you. If you would leave us alone..."

"No problem. I'll see you later Denny."

Jennifer got up walked over to me and hugged me.

"I'm sorry," she said then left.

I went and sat next Denise.

"Do you want to go back out and enjoy the rest of the night?" I asked her.

"I will, in a little while. I need to calm down a little more and think about things. Okay?"

"Sure sweetheart. I love you, don't ever forget that, please."

"I won't. I love you too."

I got up and left. Outside Jennifer was already back among our neighbors with a beer in her hand and a smile on her lips. I stood watching her as she moved around the gathering of people. The kids were down by the band now listening to the music and pretending to dance. The older kids were dancing with each other. There were a couple of parents down there keeping watch on things.

I went over to where the beer was and drew myself a large one. I stood there just watching people and wondering. Who else had Jennifer seduced? Or was Denise the only one? I didn't have an answer. Then I started wondering about all the other couples on the block. Are any of them having an affair with anyone not their spouse? I shook my head. No use speculating on something I could never answer unless I did some extensive research.

I felt Denise next to me. She had gotten herself a beer. She put her hand in mine. I squeezed her hand gently. She sighed, squeezing mine back. We stood there not talking, just holding hands and sipping our beer.

"I love you," I whispered in her ear.

Denise giggled as my breath tickled her ear.

"I love you too. So much that my heart hurts," Denise said.

"Don't," I said as she started to apologize once again.

"Okay, sweetheart," she replied.

"Now go, go be with your friends," I said.

"Thank you," she said letting go of my hand, kissing me on the cheek and wandering off toward where all the women were gabbing.

I watched her walk away. She was so beautiful as her hips swayed from side to side. God I did love her. My heart hurt too, I loved her so much. There was one other thing, I did forget to ask her if she was involved with any of the other wives in the neighborhood. I guess we would discuss that in bed tonight. I walked down to where the kids were dancing to help the other parents there keep control. Don't forget, we were all kids once and some of use, at least in our hearts, still were.

The End

Zeb_Carter
Zeb_Carter
3,085 Followers