Pelican Point Pt. 01

Story Info
Mark meets an old friend on a hike to Pelican Point.
3.8k words
4.53
7k
10
0

Part 1 of the 6 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 11/21/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I hadn't been there since I was a kid. My parents had a house on the lake and we went there every weekend and every Easter and Christmas holiday. It remains a very sparsely populated area, my parents cottage was one of a dozen houses in a small fishing village. About a year before I graduated high school and moved to Sydney, the state government had declared big areas of land and the whole lake a conservation area and compensated all the commercial fisherman who had fished the lake. As a boy, I used to take long hikes around the shore of the lake or row my little dinghy right out to the islands.

When my parents retired, they moved permanently to the area but sold the holiday cottage and built a more substantial house in the town on the other side of the lake. I drove down there to visit my parents and then the next day drove over to the old fishing village and went for a hike. To tell the truth, after a recent breakup I was feeling depressed and needed a nostalgia hit.

I headed for Pelican Point, a remote uninhabited narrow peninsular that juts far out into the lake. After a short hike through bushland the lake reappeared through the trees. I would now only have to follow the shore for a few more kilometres and I would get to the point. It wasn't a very hot day but it was humid. I had a quick look around to see if there was anyone about. There was no one in sight and only the white sails of a sailing boat far out on the lake beyond the islands so I stripped off my clothes and went for a swim.

The lake is called St. Georges Basin, abbreviated to "The Basin" by outsiders and "The Lake" by locals. It is connected to the ocean by a stretch of water called Sussex Inlet and so the lake is half salty. It is a major breeding ground for ocean fish species, the reason commercial fishing was banned. The water felt cold in the early spring sun but it felt good to be swimming naked as we often had as a dare when we were kids.

After ten or twenty minutes I waded back in to shore. I put my briefs back on but shoved by shorts and tee-shirt unto my backpack. As I was putting my socks and hiking boots back on I heard a stick break and looked up to see a guy approaching along the track through the trees. I thought for a second that I should put my shorts back on. The briefs I was wearing didn't really hide much, and well... I don't want to boast.

"Hi Mark," he said. "I haven't seen you in years!"

I recognised him immediately. He hadn't changed a bit in the seven years or so since I'd moved to Sydney to go to University. He was a childhood friend, Darren Majors. Well he was mainly a friend of my older brother's. I used to hang with another boy from the village, Stuart Potter. Darren's father was one of the fishermen. Stuart's family were recent immigrants from England and his parents had "dropped out" and moved to Pats bay, the name of the village.

The Potters were alternative lifestylers. They grew their own veggies and fruits, kept hens and even sheep which Mrs. Potter sheared herself laboriously with antique shears and then spun and knitted the wool. They'd bought the property from a fishing family who perhaps had seen the writing on the wall and moved out. I often helped Stuart working around the place. Of course they supported the proposal to ban commercial fishing on the lake but basically everyone else in the village opposed it, so they were on the outer. I didn't realise it at the time but me being friends with Stuart and often being at his house created some problems for my family who tried to be neutral. At least outwardly. Privately they also supported the conservation proposal.

Of course Darren and Stuart didn't get along and sometimes fought each other. Darren was a keen golfer, which might seem strange for a kid. He didn't do well at school, possibly because he spent so much time playing golf but more likely because his father took him out on the boat most nights to set the nets and then again to bring them in. He dropped out of school after year ten and got an apprenticeship as a green keeper at the local golf club.

"Oh hi Darren. Yeah, it's been ages since I was last down here. How are you?"

"I'm good Mark. You're living in Sydney now?"

"Yeah, you still live here I guess?"

"Yeah, well I've just moved back. I was living in Nowra."

"What are you up to these days?" I asked.

"I'm president of the Country Club up the road. What about you? I heard you were going to uni in Sydney?"

"Yeah. I teach there now. Maths."

Actually I was just about finished my PhD and I only tutored part-time but I had been offered a professorship which I do now hold. I didn't want to boast but I'm sure Darren wouldn't have been impressed by that anyway.

"What are you doing down here?" He asked.

"Oh, I'm just heading down to Pelican Point just to check out the places we used to go as kids. What about you?"

"Actually, I saw you walking past the house so I followed you to see what you were up to."

I did the quick calculation. Obviously he must have been watching me when I was naked and only came down when I was dressed.

"Do you mind if I come along with you?" He said.

"That's cool," I said.

I got my shorts out of my backpack and put them back on awkwardly over my hiking boots because, well... I felt like I might get an erection. Darren has black hair, dark skin and well, he's extremely hot. He wore a muscle singlet with those big holes under the arms that showed his tanned muscular body.

"You still play golf? I asked.

"Yeah," he replied.

I led the way along the narrow path along the rocky shoreline of the lake between dense stands of Casuarinas that we called "Swampy Oaks" as kids. There were lots of fallen trees across the path showing that not many people had come this way for a while. We stopped to look at some old metal parts along the shore.

During WW2, the lake had been used as a base for sea-planes that went out to detect submarines and protect supply convoys. One of those planes had crashed into Pats Bay and corroded steal and aluminium pieces of it still made their way to shore so many years later.

"Yeah, we used to pull up pieces in the nets all the time," Darren said. "We'd dump them on shore so that they wouldn't rip up the nets again."

A much more plausible explanation than that they somehow washed up as I'd always thought as a kid.

We talked about general stuff as we continued to walk. The path wasn't wide enough to walk beside each other so sometimes I was ahead and sometimes he was.

"I heard you got married," I said.

"Yeah. We've just separated a month ago. That's when I moved back here."

"Oh, sorry to hear that."

"I'm not. She's a bitch. What about you?"

"Nah."

"Girlfriend?" He persisted.

"Nah."

There was half a minute of silence and then...

"You're not gay are ya?"

He was walking behind me and I didn't look back.

"Yeah, as a matter of fact, I am."

Another pause then, "Don't worry, I'm cool with it. You have a boyfriend then?"

"I did. We broke up about a month ago."

"Oh, sorry."

"I'm not. He's a bitch," I said.

I looked back and saw that he was smiling at my joke.

It wasn't long before we reached the clearing and came out to the point. There is a rocky rise along the point, in fact around the whole lake except where rivers and creeks flow in. The flat area between the lake shore and the rise floods when there is heavy rain and the outlet through the "Inlet" is blocked by high seas. Only at the end of Pelican Point does the rise disappear, the trees become sparse and you can see across the next bay to the town of St. Georges Basin.

I stood on the very tip of the point and looked out to the line of barely submerged rocks that extended another fifty or sixty meters out into the lake. There was a reef marker out on the furthest rock with a solar panel and a light that I assumed came on at night.

"That wasn't there last time I was here," I said. "There only used to be a white pole out there."

"Yeah, they put it there a few years ago after another boat went over it."

"Remember that dick-head in the ski boat when we were kids?" I asked.

We had been out on the lake fishing; Darren, me and my little sister if I recall correctly in my little dinghy. A high-powered speed boat towing water-skiers had come into the bay and repeatedly circled us, showing off as water-skiers tend to do, but making my little boat rock violently. Eventually they'd sped off but gone right over the reef off Pelican Point. There was an almighty bang but weirdly the boat and skier continued on until about half way across the next bay were it suddenly stopped and then sunk like a stone. We watched as a boat came out from the town to rescue them. Luckily and surprisingly they were wearing life jackets,

"Yeah," he said smiling. "But even this thing hasn't stopped them. Last summer another boat went between the marker and the point. They just don't get what the marker means. Who knows how they got their boat license. Both outboard engines were ripped off the back, fuel lines torn off the tank which would have spilt petrol everywhere. The boat caught fire and one guy was badly burnt."

"Shit," I said.

We looked around for a bit more and then Darren asked,

"Do you smoke weed?"

"Yeah, sometimes. Have you got some?"

"Yeah. Let's go up there."

I followed him up the cliff to the top where it is very flat and even though only a few more meters high, seemed to give a much better view of the lake. There was a circle of rocks with the blackened remains of a camp fire and a log to sit on. We sat and Darren produced a plastic bag with some weed and a packet of cigarette papers and went to work rolling a joint.

"It looks like someone comes here a lot," I said looking at the remains of the camp fire.

"Yeah, that's me," he said. "I come here lately to spend some time by myself, get stoned, have a wank, you know..."

I looked at him, surprised by what he'd said. He didn't look back, he kept working on the joint, but he was smiling. He finished making it, lit up and took a drag and then handed it to me. I took a drag and held the smoke in my lungs for as long as possible before finally letting it out and handing it back to him. It had its effects almost instantly.

"Oh that is good weed," I said.

We passed it back and forward and smoked it down to the stub. Darren rescued the last little bit of weed, put it back in his plastic bag and then started rolling another.

"I'm not the only one who comes here to wank," he said casually and stonedly.

"Who?" I said in a similar mode.

"You!" He said. "I watched you wanking down here once years ago. I was up here and I saw you down there."

"Oh god! You perv! You should've come down and joined me!" I said laughing.

It was true. I used to get very horny on the long drive down the coast. I've always been a loud orgasmer. No matter how hard I try to control it, I yell out when I cum. The least I can manage is a loud groan. The bathroom of the small holiday cottage was directly adjoining the kitchen-dining room and I usually shared a bedroom with my brother so my only option was to run off somewhere hidden outside. There were lots of places I did it, most often under a bridge across a creek up on the main road, but the rarely visited Pelican Point was certainly one of them.

"Well I did get myself off watching you," he said slyly.

That shocked me a bit even though I was stoned.

"That sounds a bit gay," I said.

He didn't say anything in reply. I saw his smile fade but he continued to concentrate on rolling the second joint. He lit up and we took turns again but even though I was getting very stoned, I could tell that he was tense.

A fairly steady breeze started to blow as it usually does in the afternoons and it became more cool. Darren got up and started collecting some branches and twigs. There was plenty of it around. He didn't say anything to me except,

"You can finish that if you like," referring to the joint we had been sharing. Even though I was stoned I was getting very horny and thinking about sex with Darren, but I had no idea how to suggest anything, especially because I knew he was straight. Also he seemed to have become uncomfortable after what I said, but if so, why was he building a fire? Why didn't he just head off?

I got my answer when he got the fire going and then came back and sat beside me on the fallen gum tree. I was pretty sure he had an erection.

"I'll do it with you now if you want," he said, not looking at me, looking into the fire.

"What?" I asked stupidly.

"Wank with you." He replied now turning to look into my eyes but not smiling. I was pretty shocked and looked back at him for a few seconds not knowing whether or not he was serious.

"Yeah, okay," I replied finally.

He stood up and pulled his shorts down and over his shoes then laid them on the log. It took me a few seconds to follow but by then he had pulled his briefs off too and sat back down on the log on his shorts. He watched me try to get my shorts over my hiking boots. I checked out his cock, already very hard, one of those very fat cocks that taper to a normal sized circumcised head. It made me nearly trip over getting my foot out of my shorts.

I finally got them off, laid them over the log then pulled my briefs off and sat down beside him. He was already wanking and clearly looking at my hard cock as he did. I started wanking myself, suddenly extremely turned on. Darren stopped to pull his singlet off showing his tanned extremely muscular body. I was already fully naked except for my boots and now so was he.

The wind shifted direction causing smoke from the fire to blow in our faces. Darren got up and walked around to the other side and stood there wanking himself looking at me. I got up too and as I walked towards him, he turned to face me. We stood close to each other but not touching, both of us wanking, breathing hard and checking out each other's naked bodies.

Suddenly he turned slightly away, closed his eyes and started breathing hard through his wide open mouth. He stopped wanking and a huge stream of pure white cum burst from his cock followed by four or five further decreasing bursts. That pushed me over, I started moaning and then yelling as I always did as the pleasure of my orgasm peaked. I spurted my cum out in several bursts all over the brown fallen Casuarina needles on the ground.

"Yeah, I needed that," he said flicking a final blob of cum from his hand, as if what had just happened had nothing to do with me.

"Yeah, me too. Fuck you have a beautiful body... and your..."

He cut me off.

"I'm going to cool off in the lake," he said and walked down the steep path towards the shore without another word to me. I followed after giving a quick look around since we were still both naked. I caught up to him down on the rock shelf at the shore bending over to take his sneakers and socks off. I just watched him taking in the beauty of his body. He tip-toed into the water but when it got deep enough, he dived under.

When he came up, he finally turned around to look at me and flashed me a beautiful smile with sparkling drops of water dripping from his hair. I was still just standing there, both confused and amazed, naked with my hiking boots on, my semi-flaccid cock still dripping cum.

"Come in. The water's beautiful!"

I took my boots and socks off and waded in. He didn't take his eyes off me. I dived in and swam out to him.

"Yeah, the water feels warm after that cool wind," I said.

I already had an erection again. Actually I always got an erection when I swam there years before. I was confused about what had happened with Darren up near the campfire and even though I was still stoned, I was too shy to talk about it.

"So what made you move back here?" I asked.

"Oh my wife kicked me out, or actually, I stupidly walked out. I moved back in with my my folks."

"Why do you say stupidly?"

"Because she thinks the house is her's now."

"Oh shit, but how are you parents? They must be getting on."

"Yeah, they're both in their eighties. My dad had a stroke a few years back. He's still a bit weak in one arm but he's mostly over it. What about yours?"

"They're okay. They live over at Sanctuary Point."

"Yeah, I've seen them at the club a few times. Do they know that you're gay?"

"Yeah."

"How'd they take it?"

"Okay. My dad still doesn't want to know but he's okay with me. He talks to me about other stuff and I just don't bring it up with him. My mum nagged me for ages, saying someone at uni influenced me and that I'm too gullible. I think she gets it now though."

I was almost going to ask him if his parents know about him but... well... Anyway he dived under the water and then started swimming out to the reef marker. I followed. By the time I got there he was up climbing up the frame of the marker. I was surprised. The marker is visible from Pats Village and St. Georges Basin town and anyone with binoculars could have seen him naked, but god he was beautiful.

"They're not really my parents you know," he turned around and sat on a kind of platform on the marker. Obviously he'd been here before. I sat on a submerged rock and looked up at him.

"What?" I said like a moron. I knew what he'd said. Even though his face was covered in drops of water, it seemed like he was nearly crying.

"I'm adopted. They only told me when I was nineteen."

That actually explained a lot. His parents were much much older than mine and he looked nothing like them.

"Oh, that must have been a shock?"

"Yeah. Pissed me off with them for a while."

"Do you know anything about your real parents?"

"Yeah, my folks didn't know much but I found out a lot from the church, at least about my real mum. She died years ago, but you know how you all used to say that I looked like an Abo when we were kids?"

"Yeah?"

"Well turns out I am one."

He has black curly hair and always had tanned skin even in winter, but in summer he got very brown. We'd joked that he was an "Abo", an Australian Aboriginee. Actually my parents when they first saw him had concluded that he was too.

"Yeah, we all thought you were as kids but we were joking. What do you know about her? Where was she from?"

"She was from around here. They say she was kicked out of Wreck Bay for getting pregnant without being married and the church forced her to give me up for adoption when I was born. After that she moved to Redfern in Sydney and a few years later she died. She was only twenty-two. My folks had no kids of their own and they were on the spot at the church in Nowra at the time so they adopted me."

I remembered that the Majors were pretty religious.

"Oh shit."

I didn't know what to say. I had been wanting to somehow bring up the fact that we'd wanked together and he had been obviously getting off on me but I could'd think of a way to being it up, and it seemed inappropriate now. He seemed very emotional.

We swam back to shore, went back up to the campfire which was now out and got dressed. Darren stamped out any embers that might be still there and we started walking back towards the village.

"Do you know anything about your real dad? I asked.

"No, there's no record of him."

"Wouldn't it be on your birth certificate?"

"Nah, I was only a few days old when I was adopted and so I was first registered with my adoptive parents and anyway, even if I was registered earlier, you can't get hold of the names of your original parents from the registry if you're adopted. They're going to change the law soon, but that won't help me."

We walked back a different way; a shortcut that I'd forgotten about. When we got outside his house he asked me:

"Hey Mark, can I get your mobile number? I'd like to keep in touch with you."

12