Pheremones

Story Info
A serum helps a shy virgin out of his shell.
5.9k words
4.77
11.7k
30
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's Note : I think this will probably be a series, but I don't have a lot of time to devote to this stuff so who knows. Constructive feedback welcome.

This could fit into a lot of categories so I just went generic. All characters are fictional and of legal age.

---------------------

"Come on Max, you could use all the help you can get!"

My older sister Casey never pulled any punches, and while I knew she meant well it still got on my nerves sometimes. Casey was home from college for a week, and it happened to be the county fair, and she begged us all to come along with her while she was home. She may have been a little nostalgic for our small-town midwest nonsense but for me, who was still stuck here, this podunk fair was the last place I wanted to be.

The tent my sister was urging me into was a fortune teller's tent. The sign out front advertised the psychic as being a "love guru" that can help "even the loneliest find love!" While it was true I could use all the help I could get, a psychic at a local fair didn't sound like "help" to me.

I had graduated from high school last year and decided to take a gap year and save up some money before college. Which meant still living at home. My sister had gone off to college in the Northeast a few years back, apparently much less concerned than I was about a lifetime of student loan debts, but as I stood here in my hometown thinking about going to bed alone that night in my childhood bedroom, I questioned my life choices for the thousandth time.

As for needing help in love.... Again, she wasn't wrong. I had graduated high school never having even been on a date. I'm friendly and well-liked but just so shy and nerdy that it never translated to anything romantic with anyone. And now that I don't even have school to socialize, my prospects seemed even less. I had dreams of going to college and reinventing myself next year, but also knew deep down that it wasn't as easy as it sounded to change your personality.

I felt another nudge at my back and resigned myself to heading into the psychic's tent. My sister had even given me a twenty-dollar bill to cover the reading, so what was there to lose?

The tent looked like a stereotypical circus tent on the outside -- round, with a pole at the center and a large vinyl flap at the entrance. I pushed the flap aside and stepped inside. It was dark and smelled of incense -- because of course it did. Colorful curtains -- mostly dark reds and purples -- were draped around the space, with a middle-aged woman sitting at a table in the center. Behind her were dozens of shelves in a semi-circle following the shape of the tent, each shelf filled with little bottles. There had to be hundreds of the bottles back there, and all I could think of was what a pain it must be for her to move this tent every week. Maybe they were all just glued to the shelves? I was sure they were just for show, so why not ju---

"Hi there." I was snapped out of my daydream by a soft and friendly voice, and remembered I wasn't here just to consider the logistics of tent moving.

"Oh, uhh, hi. Sorry, I was just... admiring your bottles." Why did everything I said sound stupid?

"Don't worry about it hon. Come, take a seat across from me. My name is Tara" She gestured to the empty chair across the small round table in the center of the tent. There wasn't a crystal ball, at least. Just a white tablecloth, the table, and a chair on either side. I sat and faced her. She was maybe 40, stringy blonde hair. Not bad looking but perfectly unremarkable. The dark tent, the incense, her friendly voice and demeanor all made for a very relaxing environment, and I felt instantly very calm. She raised an eyebrow and looked into my eyes, and while this usually made me nervous I found I could barely look away. "So what brings you in here? Want to know your future?"

I didn't have a good answer. "I uhh... well.... My sister said I should come in."

She smiled, still not breaking eye contact. "And why is that?"

I squirmed a bit. "Well, i guess she thinks I need help in the love department."

Her head turned a bit to the side. "That's what SHE thinks, what do YOU think?"

My discomfort grew. " I mean... she's not wrong. But, no offense, I'm sure you're great and all, but I don't really believe in psychics...."

Tara laughed, and I felt a bit of my building tension ease. "Neither do I, if I'm honest. I just like to help people, and I find this" -- she gestured around her tent -- "is a good way to do that."

"OK, but if you're not using ... magic how exactly are you helping people?"

She stood from her chair and walked towards the shelves. "Prior to following the fair around, I was a biochemist for a pharmaceutical company. And I was very good at my job.... At least I thought so. My boss didn't agree. The things that fascinated me, that I wanted to work on, had to do with boosting the human body's own abilities to heal, but they couldn't make enough money on something like that." She shrugged. "My parents were wealthy, and I didn't need money, so I just left. Took what I learned from school and my brief career and started developing some things of my own." She gestured to the shelves of bottles.

I was a bit confused. "I mean, that's really cool, but... I'm not sick...."

She smiled patiently. "Of course not. Look, in addition to being a pretty good chemist, I'm also a really good reader of people. Hence the psychic front. I can gauge a person pretty well in only a couple minutes of being in a room with them. Most people who come in here are not worthy of any real help, so I pull some flim-flam on them based on my reading of their personality and send them on their way. You.... you seem like a decent person. I see that you're shy and reserved, and have no self-confidence, but you have a kindness to you. I suspect you are very well-liked by almost everyone, but can't get out of your own way when it comes to women. Sound about right?"

I wasn't really comfortable with the compliments, but nodded.

She smiled. "I've been waiting for a man like you to come into my tent. I have just the thing." She grabbed a pint-sized bottle off a random shelf. It had a screw top with an eye dropper attached.

I put my hands out in front of me. "Look, you seem nice, but I'm not really comfortable taking some random drug from a stranger at a fair."

She chuckled at my discomfort and waved me away. "No drugs. Think of this like a cologne. Do you know what pheromones are?"

Of course I did know what pheromones were. But I also knew there were lots of studies on pheromones in humans, and they've largely concluded that we're not particularly susceptible to them. I nodded hesitantly.

"Well, this isn't quite a pheromone, but similar. You dab a little bit on your wrists, and it does two simple things. One, it kicks your own testosterone into gear. This should give you a little more confidence, and a little more a sense of 'masculinity' to those that meet you."

My skepticism was in full swing now. I didn't think that was how testosterone even worked....

"And two", she continued, "if you get close enough to someone who is even remotely attracted to you, it will heighten their attraction. Nothing nefarious, this isn't like, a date rape drug. Think of it like adding MSG to food, it just gives it a little extra flavor. And the beauty is if they weren't attracted to you in the first place, it has almost no effect. They may feel a little horny but won't direct their affections at you."

That last line made even the tiniest hope I had in this magical serum evaporate. Was anyone even attracted to me anyway?

She smiled, as if reading my mind. "Trust me, Max, lots of people find you attractive. But you're so reserved and shy it just evaporates. This is just a little nudge."

I figured what the hell, but then something occurred to me. "Wiat, how did you know my name?!"

She just laughed and said "I'm a psychic remember?" She smirked and continued "... and I heard your sister when she was urging you into the tent."

I had to laugh at that. "Look, I'm skeptical but willing to try, but I'm saving up for college and can't be spending any money on magic beans and potions. No offense."

She just shook her head and said "I'm rich, remember? I just do this to help people. This is yours for free." A cloud passed over her face. "But look, one thing i should warn you about. This stuff basically kicks sex hormones into overdrive. For you, this will maybe make you a little more horny, but it's possible it could have some physical effects. You'll likely consider them very positive physical effects, but just still be on the lookout." Positive physical effects from a cologne? "And the other thing is.... For any women affected, it could make them a little more... fertile. So... you know. Use protection."

I actually laughed at that one. I hadn't even kissed a girl in my entire life, and she's telling me that women will want to fuck me so bad that I better make sure to use a condom. Sure thing lady.

I hid my laughter and just said "OK, can do."

She gave me a knowing smile and handed over the bottle. "Well then good luck young Max. A couple of drops on your wrists and neck when you get out of the shower every day should do it. I'll be back here in six months for the spring fair, maybe you can tell me how it went?"

I promised to do so, thanked her, and turned and left the tent.

The brightness of the outside world was shocking. My sister was standing a few feet away talking with some dude and saw me come out into the daylight. She jogged over and saw the bottle in my hand. "Oooo, got some magic potion did you?!"

I laughed and said "sure did! Gonna turn me into Channing Tatum tonight while I sleep!"

She gave me a quick shove and we went off to enjoy the rest of the fair.

-------------------

The next morning I got out of the shower and walked into my bedroom and saw the bottle sitting there. I knew it wouldn't do anything, but still had had dreams the night before about suddenly becoming some irresistible adonis. I figured, worst case, it did nothing (I suppose WORST worst case it gave me a rash or something), and best case it was a pleasant cologne? So I'd give it a few days. I took out the dropper and put a couple of drops on my wrists, and rubbed it into my wrists and neck.

It had a pleasant, musky odor. I wasn't a cologne guy and was glad that it wasn't too strong or cloying. And it didn't sting. So far so good.

Since school had let out I had been working for a local vet clinic. I wanted to be a vet some day and was lucky to get a job there, doing some basic office work and cleaning. Because of my age and experience I couldn't really do any actual work with the animals but it was still decent exposure. There was also the added bonus that young women tended to be vet techs. I always had a thing for girls in scrubs, and so having a half-dozen 20-something women (who also happened to be super kind and love animals) around me during my work day felt like a dream come true.

I was one of the first in the office that Monday morning, and started my routine of cleaning exam rooms. I had my earbuds in and didn't notice when Stacy entered the office until I walked out of the room I had cleaned and bumped right into her.

"Oh, shit, uh, Stacy, I'm so sorry..."

Stacy was a tall 23-year old brunette, maybe two inches shorter than my 5'10". She was probably my favorite girl in the office, since she was kind of quiet and nerdy like me. She wore glasses and her hair was always in a ponytail. She had on blue scrubs that strained a bit to hold her large breasts -- something I could tell she was self-conscious about as she always had some sort of outer shirt or sweater on when she could.

She smiled at me and put her hand on my upper arm. "Don't worry about it Max. Here early as usual, huh?"

I looked down at my feet. "Yeah, lots to do!"

It had been a few seconds and I realized she was still standing there with her hand on my arm. I looked her in the eyes and she seemed a little lost in thought? I felt a bit of tension in the air that was intangible but not something I'd ever really experienced before.

"Uhhh, Stacy, are you OK?"

Her eyes focused and she looked at me. "Oh. OH. Yeah, no, I'm good, just... Sorry. Um." She bit her lip and looked down briefly before returning to my gaze. "Is something different about you today?"

What the fuck was this? "I don't... I don't think so?" As I said this she took kind of a half step towards me, closing the gap between us a little.

She looked at me thoughtfully for another second. "Well, whatever it is..... Keep it up." Her hand that was on my arm moved up to my face and she cupped it briefly and then walked past me on down the hall. I looked at her as she walked away and caught her giving me a sly look over her shoulder.

I suddenly felt a SURGE within me. I don't know how else to describe it. It just felt like my spine straightened on its own. I had a burst of self-confidence that I don't think I had ever felt in my 18 years. Like that brief, vaguely charged encounter suddenly kicked something into gear inside me. My mind immediately, of course, went to the serum I had started using, and for the first time I wondered whether there was actually any truth to the fake psychic's claims...

---------------------

The rest of the day was pretty uneventful. People had always been friendly enough to me and I didn't feel like anything was out of the ordinary. I only passed Stacy one other time during my shift, and she kind of looked away embarrassed. Normally that would have just destroyed my confidence and mood but I was turbo-charged all day and it didn't even break my stride.

That night after dinner I got home and went to my room to watch some TV before bed, and as soon as I got into my room I felt hornier than I ever had in my life. It felt like something in the back of my mind was awoken like some sexual animal, starving for sex. I made sure my door was locked and had my pants around my ankles in a flash, pulling up my favorite sites before I looked down...

I was pretty familiar with my own penis. You don't get to be a nerdy high-school aged guy without a good amount of self-exploration. And I swear tonight it looked... bigger. I mean, it wasn't suddenly huge or anything, but it was definitely bigger.

I didn't dwell on it too much before going at myself, and I was so wound up I didn't last very long. When I came my orgasm had me seeing stars, and the volume of cum that came out of me seemed way above average. I was suddenly so tired I felt like I might pass out so I half-heartedly cleaned up and passed out while the sun was still out, sleeping a solid 12 hours.

---------------------

The next morning getting ready for work I was tempted to douse myself in the serum to see if "more was better" but decided to just use a dab as I had been instructed. I still couldn't fathom that there was anything to this aside from a placebo effect and a nice cologne, and with a long night's sleep the slightly odd things from the day before seemed even less odd and more easily chalked up to chance.

Unlike yesterday I wasn't the first one in the office, and when I walked into the back door I saw a few of the vet techs, including Stacy, huddled around one of the desks in the office area. As soon as they saw me they were instantly quiet, and I had that paranoid feeling that I had just caught them talking about me. I tried my best to push that down -- my guidance counselor had always told me to remember that people aren't thinking about you as much as you fear, and I tried my best to take that to heart -- but a few of the girls were staring at me.

Feeling a brief surge of confidence I walked directly up to the girls and said hi. They almost seemed to be studying me as I approached, and once I got close I actually saw Stacy close her eyes for a moment, take a deep breath, and smile before returning my hello.

I stood there awkwardly for a few seconds and then said "whelp, lots to do, have a great day everyone!" and headed out to do my list of office chores for the day. It took everything I had to not look over my shoulder as I walked down the hall away from them.

---------------------

I was scheduled to close up that night, so after all the clients and their pets had left for the day it was just me and a handful of vets and techs finishing up their paperwork while I cleaned up around them. I was cleaning one of the exam rooms near the back of the building when I heard footsteps coming down the hall, and turned to see Stacy walk into the room.

"Hey Stacy, you need something?"

She stood there, kind of looking at the floor and avoiding eye contact, a pose I was very familiar with but was NOT used to seeing on gorgeous 20-somethings, especially around me.

"Hey Max, was just wondering what you were doing after work tonight? Maybe you want to have dinner with me at my apartment?"

I was gobsmacked. First of all, I was an 18-year old nerd fresh out of high school, and this was a 23-year old bombshell college graduate. Nothing about this made sense in any way. Plus.... Her apartment? She was just inviting me to her place? It almost felt like a prank but --

She broke my shocked reverie. "It's no big deal if you have plans, I just.... We never really hung out and I'd like to get to... know you better" She took a hesitant step towards me and finally looked up into my eyes after studying her shoes. She almost looked glassy-eyed as we made eye contact, and if this WAS a prank she deserved an Oscar for her performance.

"Uhhh... sure, that would be great? Did you want me to bring something?"

She broke into a huge smile and literally clapped her hands together. "NO! That's great. Just come by around 7? I'll text you my address." She quickly turned and fled the room.

I stood staring at the doorway for at least 5 minutes. I had never even been on a date before....

---------------------

I arrived at her doorstep at 6:55. I know being a few minutes late is the "cool" thing to do but I couldn't help it. I had to physically force myself not to show up an hour beforehand.

I had taken my second shower of the day after work, and dressed casually in some jeans and a polo. And of course reapplied some of my serum....

Stacy opened the door half a second after I knocked, making it seem like she was literally standing at the door waiting for me. I had snuck a bottle of red wine from my parents' wine rack, and I held it out to her as I took in the vision before me.

I said earlier I had a thing for girls in scrubs, and I do, but I realized then that I had never seen Stacy in anything other than scrubs. She stood in her doorway in a light yellow dress. It wasn't provocative or anything, but she was absolutely stunning in it. She showed a decent amount of cleavage -- again, nothing inappropriate or risque, but compared to scrubs, it might as well have been a bikini. I always knew she had big breasts but they looked huge with a little bit revealed and a form-fitting dress. The dress tucked in below her breasts and hugged her trim waistline, flaring out a bit and stopping just above the knees. Even with such a modest length her legs seemed to go on for days.

She grabbed the wine from me as I tried not to gawk at her, and ushered me in. "I'm so glad you could come, come on in!"

Her apartment was small but neat, a ground floor place that opened up to a central courtyard. I could smell a little bit of garlic and tomatoes and saw a pot of spaghetti sauce on the stove.

"I'm not the best cook but I do make a good pasta sauce from scratch!"

I was so nervous I was worried I wouldn't be able to eat, and then realized I hadn't said a word since she opened the door and walked me in.

12