Phyllis's Ladies' Room Adventure

Story Info
And how her embarrassment changed her.
3.5k words
4.28
16.4k
14
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

{This story deals with women's bodily functions—all three. If this offends you, please read no further. All characters are over 18.]

***

Phyllis Fenton was in the midst of her usual turmoil at her office, with phones ringing and everyone seeking her assistance on what seemed to be every pending order in the office. She was the key person who kept things moving and was able to make spot decisions that would move orders along.

She grimaced because she realized that the maxipad she had been wearing for this heavy second day of her monthly period had somehow slipped from its position so that she was likely flowing right into her panties. If she did not head off to the ladies' room pronto, she would have a real accident, and everyone would witness her complete embarrassment when her period showed through her gray slacks.

Phyllis was in her late 40s and she had never felt comfortable wearing a tampon. She persisted in using pads, especially the maxis that were necessary for the heavier days of her flow. She worked hard at her job, but she still managed to keep up her appearance through regular time spent at the gym.

Her displaying strong confidence kept others in the office from ever becoming close enough to her to venture any advice. Phyllis did not spurn the proposals others made, but she would react strongly to anything she felt was ill-conceived. This attitude did result in colleagues refraining from making even suggestions in her presence.

So now there was no way she could depend on anyone else to let her know if her situation was becoming in any way evident. As she looked around the office complex, her good friend Barbara stepped close to her from her adjoining desk.

"Phyllis," Barbara said in a quiet voice that no one else would hear, "you need to go to the ladies' room right now." She knew that Phyllis would not take kindly to this warning but felt compelled to make it to protect her friend from extreme embarrassment if her parlous situation became worse.

Phyllis turned to look at Barbara and, in a small quiet manner Barbara had rarely, if ever, emanate from her friend, asked plaintively, "You mean it's leaking, and it shows?"

Barbara was surprised for a moment at the clarity of Phyllis's perception and nodded yes as she pointed the way to the ladies' room in the corridor across the room. Both women quickly picked up their pocketbooks and then Barbara led Phyllis directly to that destination with neither looking away from the straight pathway.

When they reached the ladies, Barbara took the precaution of locking the door behind her. Better, she thought, that people should be suspicious of what they were doing than having someone come in while she was helping Phyllis put herself together.

Phyllis rushed into a stall—the large one for handicapped women—and rucked up her skirt. She saw that her white cotton panties had a huge blotch of red on either side of where her maxipad had overflowed.

Barbara, also in her 40s, and sandy blonde compared to Phyllis's flaming red hair, paused for perhaps three seconds before following Phyllis into the handicapped stall. She realized that her assertive and often dominating friend needed her knowledgeable help now.

"Pull them down," Barbara said bluntly, knowing that despite her resistance to anyone else taking charge of anything, Phyllis would trust her, especially since she couldn't see what her backside looked like.

Phyllis did pull down her panties and she maneuvered them over her shoes to get them off altogether. Barbara took the soaked maxi out of the panties and deposited it in the large disposal container next to the sink in the console. Then she took some towels from the dispenser there and returned after wetting one of them just enough.

She proceeded to use them to wipe the bloody streaks from Phyllis's most intimate areas: on her bottom, her inner thighs, and in and around her hairy mons veneris. Quickly, she looked closely and was satisfied. Phyllis meanwhile had taken out a new pad from her pocketbook and Barbara, it turned out, had an extra pair of panties in her pocketbook which she took out to Phyllis's clear excitement.

"You are truly a friend in need," she gushed to Barbara in a totally uncharacteristic manner. Then she took her new maxi and very carefully attached it to the panties which looked large enough to fit her fairly well. She managed to slip them on over her shoes and pull them up her thighs where there was a scary moment when she thought they might not be large enough in the leg holes to come all the way up.

But she carefully moved them over the wider part of her thighs and with one of the paper towels, wiped her front and in between her legs one last time before she adjusted the pad in the panties so that it was snugly over her vulva.

Then she blushed, for the only time, and managed to tell Barbara, "Do excuse me, no, don't go. I have to pee." She pulled the panties with the pad down enough, so it was out of the way, leaving the new panties as so many women do, just down on her thighs a bit, out of the way but not that far down.

Barbara watched, surprised although she realized there was no reason to be, as she heard a strong stream hit the water in the toilet from Phyllis's hairy vulva.

"I guess many women our age don't shave," she said, but only to herself as she couldn't keep herself from gazing at Phyllis's pudendum as her friend pissed. The stream tailed off and Phyllis routinely took some toilet paper and wiped her crotch front to back.

Before Phyllis could pull up the new panties, Barbara had something she knew she wanted to say. "I do have a suggestion that I imagine you won't like, Phyl," Barbara now offered. Phyllis smiled and said, "I already owe you a lot, sweetie, so please tell me."

"You should now be willing to use a tampon so you can do everything possible to keep this from, happening again," Barbara just said in the blunt manner Phyllis appreciated.

"I know I should," Phyllis responded directly but not with any show of annoyance much less anger. "But I've always had trouble wearing them...getting them in." She stopped almost in mid-sentence, suddenly feeling very self-conscious about disclosing even to her closest friend that she had not worn tampons, like ever.

"Stop me if this is getting too...embarrassing to hear," Phyllis went on. "My mother wouldn't allow tampons in our house, so I knew nothing about them when I went away to college. Of course, even my friends didn't talk about that to me way back then. My college roommate did, though. She couldn't believe that I didn't know about them. By then, having had my period for several years, I was wedded to what I was used to, like most women, I gather.

"My roomie got me to agree to try using one," she confessed. "She actually stood outside the stall and tried to guide me in how to put one in."

Now, Phyllis, the toughest woman Barbara knew, actually blushed deeply. "I apparently had a fairly narrow opening and I was tight. No, I wasn't a virgin but I still hadn't had much of a sex life yet. So after some struggling, I finally got the tampon applicator in and pushed the tampon in with the applicator and pushed the plunger. It must have come out, but it didn't feel right. I did manage to extract the applicator. It felt like it wasn't in the right place, so I yanked it out. And I told my roomie that I'd really tried but would have to try it again after I'd had some time to relax.

"She was nice about it and didn't bother me anymore," Phyllis somehow finished the story. "And no, I never tried again. Pads'r'us."

"I think that must have been like what a lot of girls experienced," Barbara said sympathetically. "I'm going to work with you," Barbara said. "It may be a little embarrassing, but we've gone through enough here already that I just think we may pull these off, or rather, in," she grinned.

"Sit back on the toilet," Barbara now directed Phyllis, "and pull the panties down and spread your legs for me."

Then she reached once again into her handbag and found a Tampax regular. She took it out and opened the wrapper and handed the applicator to Phyllis.

Phyllis knew the drill. She tried to focus on just doing it now as if she had been pushing them up her quim for years.

Barbara watched and knew that it wouldn't be useful right now to offer assistance to her friend. Besides, if she couldn't do it, Barbara would then volunteer. She could try to do it for Phyllis and if necessary, she had another in her handbag and a box in her desk drawer.

Phyllis knew how they told you to do it. Yes, she said to herself, she sure did. She had tried once more after that early failure, but not recently. She took the applicator from Barbara, spread her legs and raised one, and positioned the tube right inside her labia and felt it touch her vaginal opening. Then she pushed the whole apparatus inside. Barbara closely watched and said quietly, "That looks like it should be in far enough. Push the plunger now."

Phyllis suddenly felt she was a self-conscious teenager all over again. She tried to push the plastic applicator plunger deftly and smoothly. She felt it move and the tampon was being pushed into her vagina. God, she thought, I hope it's in far enough.

She realized that she had pushed the applicator in farther than she ever had when she was trying so hard way back when. Phyllis had been so successful all through school and now in her work life. She had a charming family, beginning with her accomplished husband. How could she not master a technique that silly high school girls knew how to do?

Once the plunger pushed as far as it could go, she then grasped the interlocked tubing and slowly pulled it out of her vagina. The tubes came out with red streaks on their side—not exactly a huge surprise, Phyllis thought with a slight pleasure of being able to joke, at least to herself, about this.

And the string was there, hanging out.

"Do you feel it?" Barbara asked her friend. The crucial question, Phyllis thought, and she took a few seconds to gauge how she felt before she answered.

It seemed right. She thought and realized that all she now felt was the slight arousal that pushing the application and then the tampon inside her had stirred. Amazed, she realized now that she had done it: she didn't feel the tampon in there!

"I think it's all right," she smiled at Barbara. "You're a godsend," she quickly added. Then she pulled up her panties with the maxipad carefully centered in the crotch and felt the security having it there gave her. She stood, let her skirt fall, and flushed the toilet. Then she turned around, smiled, and gave Barbara a deep kiss on the lips.

"You've made me understand what it is to be a real friend," she said plainly and affectionately.

"I promise not to talk about this after we leave the ladies room," Barbara said with a slight smile, "but I know you will keep using pads, so get some with the wings so you don't have to worry about it moving around. Just a suggestion. I have three daughters, Phyl, so I've seen everything happen down there that's humanly possible," she chuckled.

"Thanks, Barbara, darling," Phyllis answered, also now smiling. "You saved my rear bigtime."

Now she gazed at her skirt and saw that there was a dark stain on the rear. She went to the sink and carefully applied a very small amount of water on the inside and some of the soap from the dispenser. She rubbed it in to the stain area and pushed hard with her fingernail and then used a little water to rinse it. She succeeded in not getting the area wet beyond where she had rubbed.

Then she took some of the paper towels there and blotted the area hard with her hand. It took a while, but the area looked pretty good and she looked and saw that she must have managed to press through to the outside. However, she took a little water and soap to apply the same treatment on the outside until she was satisfied that it had become almost invisible.

Barbara nodded to her and they both picked up their handbags and headed for the door. Barbara unlocked it and they emerged. Two younger women were standing there. They had knocked and Barbara had shouted to them that they'd be out in a few minutes.

When they emerged, Barbara quickly apologized for locking the door, but that Phyllis hadn't been feeling well so they needed to give her a chance to...well, you can understand.

The younger women grinned, because Phyllis was something of an office legend for fortitude but had enough sympathy to abjure from saying anything except that they hoped she felt better.

Phyllis also apologized for locking the room but thanked them for being so nice. The women went on in and when they were inside, Jan said to her friend Caitlin, "Wow, I never thought that bitch on wheels would ever say she was sorry for anything. People can be better than I thought."

"I wonder what it was," Caitlin responded. "She may have been sick in here, but I don't smell anything. I bet she's having a bad period. You know, Jan, I can't even get a laugh out of that. After all, it can happen to any of us, although I bet she didn't think that included her."

Jan was already in a stall and quickly rucked up her skirt and yanked down her panties as she released a loud stream right into the bowl. Caitlin heard it and said to hear loudly enough from the next stall so she could hear it, "Hey girl, you really had to piss, didn't you?"

Jan was able to giggle when she heard Caitlin's crack. She wiped herself, deposited the tissue in the toilet, stood up, pulled up her panties, and flushed.

Caitlin stayed in her stall after she finished peeing. "I'll be here a little longer, love," she said loudly enough for Jan to hear. "So, go ahead without me if you want."

Jan figured that Caitlin was having a bowel movement. She felt herself getting wet as she thought about her friend sitting there pushing out a big dark turd.

"Why am I getting excited by this?" she asked herself. "I must be a real sicko."

But then she called to Caitlin, "OK, I guess you don't need any help in there, so I'll go back to work." She involuntarily giggled.

Caitlin was pleased that Jan had decided to go on without her. She usually had a hard time doing Number Two. She had to push and hope it would get the bumpy wide part out and then the rest would slide out of her asshole. This had been her experience for a long time. She figured some people were just like this.

She took a break from pushing to look at herself. Her figure was ok, she concluded, at the ripe age of 29, but she noticed that she was getting more of a midriff bulge. That didn't please her at all, because she realized instantly that she was going to have to start wearing Spanx or some control pants like those. She then thought, "OMG, I'm almost 30!"

Now she gave another push and she felt the poo start to move and poke out of her hole. Another push and she felt relieved as it began to slide. Caitlin always looked in the toilet to see what her movement looked like. This one was the usual—bumpy and thick at the top, which was why she felt those moments of pain as the bumps pressed on her stretched rectum, but then smooth and not as thick. This turd was really long though so she was worried that it might clog the toilet.

That would be awful, she thought, but immediately she realized that these institutional toilets here were far more powerful than hers at home. When she made doody (she still thought in terms of the word she had used as a child) at home, she actually had to reach into the bowl and break up her long turd and hold part of it for the next flush so she didn't block the pipes and need to use the plunger. Once it hadn't been in that bathroom and she had to slip out and find out before someone else in the family used the same bathroom and saw her feces floating in the bowl.

She wiped herself carefully, looking at each bunch of toilet paper after each wipe. When the fourth one came up clean, she flipped it in the bowl, flushed, and pulled up her panties and then her pantsuit pants. Caitlin didn't have any hang-up about shitting at work, but she did think that people might realize that she had gone to the ladies room to do that, especially since she had to wait until Barbara and Phyllis unlocked the door.

Phyllis was back at her desk, but she hadn't felt the same. She felt that she needed to be nicer to the people in the office who worked for her. She promised to herself that she would be a friend as well as a boss: she would be more like Barbara. Unlike her friend, Phyllis had two sons and no daughters. She'd never had to talk to her children about getting their period.

She realized that having boys at home as well as her husband had brought out her aggressive side. But as unfair as it was, it also meant, she finally grasped, that people likely thought she was a bitch on wheels. She began reaching out. Each staff person was called in to her office and she smilingly asked them how they liked their job.

Many seemed astonished. After all, neither she nor any previous supervisor had ever bothered to ask a question like that. It took more than one meeting for them to open up, but Phyllis kept scheduling the meetings and learned to ask less direct questions and found that the people began to open up.

Phyllis also now saw that she would benefit from changing her management style beyond improving the immediate office atmosphere. The company now took staff satisfaction surveys, and these would count in her being considered for promotion and more responsible management positions. She got to know a few people in HR and showed interest in trying out some of the ideas they had for improving employee morale.

One day she and Barbara stopped, as they often did, for coffee. Barbara felt comfortable being direct with her friend, and Phyllis now appreciated it even more since she had started listening to people in the office.

"Phyl," she said, "don't take this the wrong way" and Phyllis involuntarily cringed. "No," Barbara continued, "this isn't something bad. But you have changed and everyone in the office has noticed. You call people in to hear what they have to say, and they can see that you take actions based on those conversations. I just thought you should know that whatever has led you to change your manner, it's working!"

Phyllis looked around and saw that the coffee shop was almost empty. She grinned happily at Barbara and leaned over to kiss her. Barbara was happy to kiss her, too. Then Phyllis went on and managed to surprise Barbara.

"I feel this all started, Barb," she managed to confide, "when you helped me that day in the ladies' room. I don't think I ever had been in trouble when someone offered to come to my rescue, yes, rescue. I would've been destroyed if people saw that I had had an accident. Instead, you helped me when I needed it and I started to open up to trying to be a better boss to everyone."

Then she looked around again. "I'll even tell you something only you would appreciate, and only you will know," she smiled. "I'm using tampons for my period now. And maybe I can tell you something you might want to know. I've tried those new panties that you can wear during your period without any tampon or pad. They're amazing!"

Barbara couldn't resist laughing. "You're just the best, Phyl," she warmly responded. "I actually believe that that time in the ladies' was a pivotal movement. And it will always be between us."