Plain Jane Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"One car... to Margaret's," Carla texted. "Dropping two. Correction they are dropping two but they are coming up the sides to here. Car remaining in place, looks like single driver without. Came the text. "Permission to fire?"

"...Automatics in their hands," Lisa relaying what Carla texted to Jane.

"Weapon free, take out the car on your first shot, leave the driver. Carla is then take out who she can of the other two. And tell Sharon to call her daddy to tell Tommy to stay back. Then free to fire." Jane replied.

"I see two incoming with automatic weapons left and right. Looks like a kill team. Once you have a clean shot, go for the kill," Jane said standing off to one side of the front door and looking out with Lisa's pistol in her hand.

"It's not even cocked mistress, what were you going to do? Throw it?" Rachel said taking the pistol out of her hands. "Lisa it's time,"

Lisa nodded and lifted up a small radio, "Alpha one to Big Red over."

"Go ahead Alpha one over."

"Fire mission, armored vehicle with unknown hostiles with automatic weapons...watch for possible rpg attack from rear of vehicle Recommend come in east to west. How copy."

"Read you five by five."

"Dead eye take out shooters at leisure." The radio crackled in Lisa's hand.

Suddenly there was the roar of a jet flying low towards them and then the sound that sounded like buzzzzp but loud... really loud. The jet passed and Jane went out the front door in time to see the A-10 pull up hard and to the right, "Jane!" she heard Rachel screaming from behind her. Even over the roar of the jet pulling up and away she heard the two rifles firing from up above her. Jane tracked the jet as sit came back from the north and hit the Sunburn again turning it into Swiss cheese. Just as the second pass Jane was tackled from behind and dragged back inside.

"Jane don't you have the sense god gave a goat? You never stand up looking around in a firefight." Rachel said breathing hard. She looked at Margaret, "Sit on Mistress." She hurried off towards the sounds of shooting out. "Fire mission," Lisa said from under the dining table. "Big Red we are in the shit. I have a APC coming up from the south with a fifty hammering away at us."

"On it Captain." The radio said. "Dead eye get clear when they duck and cover. Protect Big momma."

"Lisa got on the radio and said Carla have Tommy get his men here from the north side of the runway."

"Big Red be advised militia is on our side reinforcing from north east house. How copy?"

"Big Red read you... You have that Little Bear?"

"Little Bear copies. Second APC coming from road... engaging."

Margaret would you tell me what is going on please?" Jane said from the floor next to the terrified woman.

"While you were in town that major came back with an older man they talked with Lisa and took off again." Margaret said.

"We are fighting a war here mistress," Lisa said. Jane heard a god awful explosion out front and heard the radio crackle, "Son of a bitch had a tow missile."

The sound of the jet changed and she heard it buzzing away as it fired, just then the other one came in and added its gun to the mix. Jane closed her eyes and prayed for the end. She didn't want this, didn't need this shit."

Suddenly Jane heard the sounds of someone firing and Lisa firing back down the hall. After a moment she said, "Broken arrow...Thanks for trying Big Red and Little Bear."

"It's not over yet captain," Little Bear roared back.

"Little Bear drop package on south side. And then over on APC at runway. I will do east and south APC." Big Red ordered. All units take cover, this will be a hot one."

Carla came in with Sharon following, "Tell tommy to get his ass in the front door now," Lisa roared at the girl. "Carla set up with me."

A moment later Tommy and the other men ran in and crouched down. "Stat report Captain. He asked.

"Dismounted coming up the back and south sides. The pair of air support will light up their life shortly." Lisa said quickly. She looked at Tommy, "They are playing for keeps, this is not a bugging operation and they knew about us not leaving for real. Someone in town is in their pocket already."

"Hold south pass back Lisa," Jane commanded. She stood and looked at Margaret, "I need you to back me up." Not waiting Jane stood and raced down the hall and through the shattered door. Outside huddled behind the hot tub she looked at Margaret, "Are we having fun yet?" She looked at the woman's terrified face and added, "I need to get out there about fifty feet and retrieve my hard drive. If they napalm it, I am fucked. Just watch my back and make sure we don't get cut off." She ignored the shouts of the others or the battle raging around them. Only Margaret's nod mattered.

"It was nice knowing you Mistress," Margaret said suddenly.

"You too love. I'm sorry I didn't get to meet your little sister." Jane replied. She knew they were dead but she had to make the effort. Hearing a god awful explosion and a huge fireball on the south side of her house she stood and made a break for it with the other woman on her heels. From the sounds of it everyone else was following her in her mad charge. She was just on the other side of the scrub brush when she felt a burning in her belly and her leg gave out. Spinning she turned and fell face up. She saw Margaret fire the shot gun and Lisa crouched down beside her.

"How bad is it Mistress," Lisa asked as others came up.

"Drive, buried on other side of this damn bush," Jane managed to gasp out.

"Get her back to the house!" Lisa looking up and firing.

"NO! Jane commanded as she rolled over. She crawled forward until she could get the drive. She thrust it into Lisa's hands, "Kimmy will need this... now go save your sisters. I will be along shortly."

"We will be along," Margaret said. She fired off to the left and then looked at Lisa, "Go sister. You know what to do."

"No! I will not leave you two to die out here." Lisa replied. She raised her voice, "Tommy help us!"

Tommy ran up, took one look at Jane, dropped his rifle and threw her in a shoulder carry. Hanging upside down, Jane whimpered with each step he took. She closed her eyes and whispered, "Please god don't let anyone die because of me."

"Too late," Rachel replied from beside them. "Big Red, we're clear."

Jane cried as they took her inside and laid her down on the floor in the kitchen behind the counters. "Please stay there, Jane," Tommy said as he returned to the fire fight.

Jane heard another explosion and looked at Margaret who was trying to staunch the flow of blood. "How bad is it?"

"Mistress you need to be in a hospital."

"Not me...who died Margaret?"

"No one on our side, that I know of." Margaret replied.

"Find Lisa and get the drive from her. I need to try and make something for these wounds before I pass out." Jane laid back and waited until Margaret left. She pulled herself up and holding onto her gut staggered to the stairs. Looking down at them she knew she could never walk it so sat on the top step and started going down on her ass. Each bump down ripped a scream out of her closed mouth. She was about half way down when the first one made it past her lips as a thin keening sound.

By the time Jane made it to the bottom she decided she would have rather just died upstairs in the kitchen. She whimpered and said, "God, I don't want to die like this. Please help me." She stood and fought the gray that threatened to engulf her. Using the wall to the lab she worked her way down to the server room and opened the door. Sitting on the concrete next to the server she waited. There was nothing she could do until Margaret returned.

"I was wondering when you would show up," Jane said not looking up. After a moment she raised her eyes and looked at Jack, "Look at all the death you caused. Was it worth it Jack?"

"That's what I wanted to know," Sharon asked from the foot of the stairs.

"You don't understand Sharon. This woman is part of a cell and threatened the country."

"Don't make me kill you father." Sharon said. "Drop the pistol now and assume the position."

A moment later Tommy's voice said, "Jack you'll never make it out alive. If you do."

"She must die to stop the terror plot." Jack said.

Looking up Jane said, "Jack not only are you an ass, you let the agency pull the wool over your eyes. I work for homeland defense. Take my phone and call Dr. Mann, ask him."

"And who's he? Your contact?" Frank asked snatching the phone away and tossing it off to the side.

"He is the Deputy Director of Homeland Security." A new voice said. "Drop the pistol Mr. Smith."

Jane leaned forward and looked out the door, "I didn't expect to see you here Major Brucoski. Come to get your drive in person?"

"No Dr. Brown, now please shut up." He walked forward and held out his hand. "Give me the pistol. There has been enough death already today." Once he had the pistol he said, "Mr. Smith you are under arrest for the attempted murder of Dr. Brown. As a defense contractor Dr Brown is under the protection of the Department of Defense and as such you will be tried by a military tribunal." He paused and then said, "Take him away." Jane watched as he was led out by two MPs.

He looked down at Jane, "I bet that belly wound hurts like a bitch."

"Give me that pistol and I will happily show you," Jane countered. "Where is my hard drive?"

"I have it, Mistress," Lisa said hurrying forward. Instead of handing it to Jane she put it in the server and started it.

Major Brucoski turned to Lisa and asked, "Did you have to call in an air strike? Do you have any idea what you calling a broken arrow has done? There are aircraft from all over the southwest headed this way. All of which have told the rest of the military to fuck off. While they protect their one of their own."

"And if Jane dies this place will turn into a glowing pile of slag," Lisa replied. "Now get the fuck out of here. You could have stopped it anytime and we both know it." She looked towards the marine who had carried Jane inside. "Tommy, please escort this piece of shit out and tell dead eye that if he tries anything to take the shot."

"I hope you try it, I love watching her shoot," Tommy said as he came forward.

Once she was alone with Sharon and Lisa, Jane said, "Get me to the lab." They dragged her to the lab where she typed in what needed fixing on the nanite program. It dinged and printed out a page. Not waiting to read it Jane took the first vial and stabbed through her bloody shirt and injected it into her gut. "How many first round?" she asked softly.

"One," Lisa said softly after reading the page and handing it to Sharon.

"One?" Jane asked confused.

"One mistress," Sharon said handing her the page.

There were no instructions, other to give the one shot. "How far out is Kimmy?" Jane asked.

"Two plus hours," Lisa replied.

"I guess I will lay here," Jane said getting off the chair and laying down. "Sharon, tell Mary that I loved and my good girl and friend. Go bring her back. She needs to be here instead of alone when it all comes out."

When they were alone Jane said, "Lisa, you know I'm dead don't you."

"Yes mistress, I realized it the minute I saw the print out." Lisa replied. "What will happen to us when you are gone?"

"You and your sisters will carry on. You have each other to lean on now. You have to push Kimmy. She is as smart as I am, and can continue my work." Jane paused and then said, "I messed up so much Lisa, I'm sorry I got you all into this mess. I only wished I lived long enough to get that cocksucker who is behind this."

Lisa slid down and pulled Jane's head to her lap. "So do I mistress. No doubt he is running hard and fast now."

Big Red to alpha one stat report..."

"Big Red, RTB. Over."

"That's not what I asked Captain. I want a proper stat report and I want it now."

"General, Dr. Brown is down and it is too late to med-a-vac her." Lisa said as tears rolled down her eyes. "I'm sorry I failed both of you."

"Rescue one to Alpha one, landing orders."

"Rescue one this is Big Red, land in front of the house. Captain get your head in the game, Have someone meet Rescue one and escort to Big Momma."

"Jane I have to leave you for a second, I'm the only one with a radio." Lisa said tenderly. Promise me you won't die while I'm gone."

"I won't die while you're gone Lisa but please hurry back, I'm all fucked up inside." Jane said forcing herself to sit up.

She was still sitting there when she heard running feet pass her by. Jane began pulling herself along the floor towards the door instead of making them search for her. Lisa returned with a man in fatigues and wearing a helmet with a red cross on it. "Dr Brown lay back and let me look at you." He said pushing her back.

A moment later he looked up at Lisa, "What treatment has she had?"

"Nanite injection to try and repair damage. But it is a bust," Jane replied.

Lisa called out, "Carla, Rachel and Margret go with her. I'll hold the fort down here with Tommy." As the three followed the medics as they carried Jane out in a stretcher Lisa said, "Don't trust anyone and keep an armed guard on her the whole time."

The medic stopped as the others carried Jane away, "Captain you can trust me." He looked at the three armed women and added, "I cannot allow you to carry those with you."

"Then she isn't going," Lisa leveled her rifle. "Put Dr. Brown down now." When they made no move other than to continue, Lisa fired towards them. "The next round will kill."

The men stopped and set down the stretcher slowly before moving away with their hands up.

"Alpha one, why the hell isn't that chopper in the air yet?" the radio roared to life.

"We are having discussion about regulations." Lisa replied. "It seems they don't want anyone armed other than them when they take Dr. Brown. I refused."

"Rescue one this is Big Red. If you don't get your thumb out of your ass I will personally show you what an A-10 will do to you."

"Rescue one copies," was the reply. A moment later a man came running down and said, "Corporal you will never get anywhere trying to have a pissing contest with a general." He looked at Lisa, "Alpha one?" She nodded so he added, "Bring whatever you want to feel safe and protect Big Momma."

"Carla, take the 30-06 and leave me your baby." Lisa said. As Rachel came up she added, "Call as soon as you know something please." As the other woman started past her she stopped her, "Rach, it's really bad both she and I expect the end soon. Be prepared."

"Fuck," Rachel said softly. "Okay sister, be strong."

Taking the fifty cal, Lisa climbed the stairs slowly and tried to ignore Jane's blood trail. She found Tommy sitting at the kitchen table with a bottle of Jack before him. "Thanks, I don't mind if I do," Lisa said setting the rifle down and taking the bottle. She took a deep drink, coughed and then another. Setting it down she sat. "God what a rat fuck. Apparently the air force has told the rest of the military to fuck off when my transmission of a broken arrow went out."

"How is she Lisa?" Tommy asked as he took the bottle and poured more into his glass.

"She was alive when they carried her out. As for the rest, You've seen men gut shot gunny. How many actually make it back to somewhere they can operate?"

"Yea... She know?"

"Yes, she does. She tried to use nanites, tiny robots to heal herself. But it was a bust." Lisa replied. "All this death and the bastard behind it has gotten away."

"Jack got away?" Tommy asked surprised.

"No he was just a little fish who got suckered. The one we were after is the agency fuck. If we had captured him then all this would have been worth it. But with Jane at death's door, and that ass free it is such a fucking waste." She took the bottle and drank again. "How are your friends? Anyone else hurt?"

"No a few grazing shots but nothing needing more than a bandage." He paused and then asked, "How did you know I was gunnery sergeant?"

"You look like a gunnery sergeant." Lisa replied. She looked at the bottle and decided not to drink more.

"Big Red to all strike elements, RTB I repeat, RTB." The radio chirped.

"Big Red to Alpha one... Do you need evac?"

"Alpha one to Big Red, negative, someone has to hold the fort down. Thank you for the assist Big Red."

"Big Red is RTB." The radio said. A moment later the radio said, "Little Bear needs to land and walk home."

"Can you give me a minute and see if I can clear you part of the runway Little Bear?" Lisa said quickly.

"I can always punch out Captain if I need to." The radio said.

Lisa said "come on," she went downstairs and got into one of the pickups. She was already moving when Tommy jumped in next to her. She went to the shot up Suburban and dropping the truck into four-wheel drive began pushing it off to one side as best she could with Tommy's help.

Jane woke up in a hospital room. Her first thought was, "I'm alive... thank you god." Looking around she caught sight of Carla and Margaret both standing at the end of the room with their rifles. The two girls looked like hell.

"Welcome back Mistress," Carla said smiling when she realized Jane's eyes were open.

"Yes Mistress, welcome back," Margaret said.

"Dr. Brown you have been nothing but a thorn in my side from the day I met you," Jane heard. She turned her head and saw Dr. Mann sitting in the only chair in the room.

"Oh give it a fucking break Dr. Mann." Jane countered. Instead of him shutting up he spent nearly twenty minutes berating her for all that has happened. Finally, when he wound down she said, "Margaret, could you call the nurse for me please." As the girl went to the door she looked at Carla, "Have your phone handy? Good, you'll want to film this."

"Yes Dr. Brown?" a nurse said coming in.

She looked at her and then Carla and nodded, "What is your name and title?"

"The nurse knew something was up but replied, "Captain Betty Jones, United States Air Force, Day shift supervisor three west at Walter Reed Army Medical Center Washington DC."

"You are an impartial witness to the following." Jane sat up, removed the IV line and tore the leads that connected her to the heart monitor. "Dr. Mann you have no idea what a thorn is like... but you will. My name is Dr. Jane Brown, with me is Deputy Director of Homeland Security Dr. Mann and my witnesses. Introduce yourself girls."

She waited until the three introduced themselves and said, "Dr. Mann, this is formal notice that the contract between myself and the United states government is now null and void due to breach of contract on your part. In the last week because of your silly assed games, I was chased out of my home in Miami Florida and ended up in Arizona. Then you assholes send someone to bug my house." Jane looked at Carla holding up the phone, "Yes I said bug my house and I have them to prove it." She stood and walked over to him, "If that wasn't bad enough you send in a kill team to take me out followed up by two armored personal carriers and members of the United States Army to finish the job. Do we have a body count on how many died attacking me?"

Margaret said, "Just under one hundred Jane."

"You silly bastard you sent one hundred men of the armed forces in to kill me. If it hadn't been for Big Red and Little Bear flying in and saving our asses I and all the people working for and with me would be dead too." Jane shook her head, "Thorn... mister you have no idea. In about half an hour I am going to be holding a press conference on the steps of the capital about what you have done." Jane looked at Carla upload it to the net and let's get the fuck out of here."

"Dr. Brown, you can't leave... You're not well." The nurse said.

"Captain Jones, try and stop me and that woman holding a shotgun next to you will make a mess of your uniform." Jane replied. She looked at Dr. Mann and added, "You are so fucked..."