Playing the Part Ch. 11

Story Info
The final week of the show.
2.3k words
4.69
5.5k
7
0

Part 11 of the 12 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 09/03/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Octave888888
Octave888888
1,165 Followers

1. All characters are 18+

2. No characters resemble real people

3. Enjoy the fiction

----

CHAPTER 11

----

That week, for the first time since we started, Serena and I did not have intercourse. Every time I started to kiss her, or she kissed me, it made her sad and we couldn't continue further. The furthest we got was on Thursday of that week, where we were both shirtless. I was squeezing one breast and was teasing the other nipple with my mouth, when she suddenly started sobbing uncontrollably. I immediately stopped and held her in my arms tightly, until she calmed herself.

I was sad too, but I guessed I was controlling it better. She had said on that Sunday night that she wanted to make the most out of our remaining days together, and we did a lot of fun things together each of those days. Monday, I made her a delicious dinner that we ate on my back patio by candlelight. Tuesday, she surprised me at work, bringing a nice lunch that we ate together. Wednesday, I left work a little early and we drove back to the lake, and watched the sun set over the tree line and the water. That Thursday, she had put on a brave face and was determined to make love to me, but it didn't work out.

That brought us back to Friday, the penultimate performance of The Revelations of Eloise. Based on the last few days, I was starting to think Serena might be an emotional mess, and we'd have to promote Betsy from her understudy role. But she surprised me by going out on stage and performing like there was nothing wrong at all. It was enough of a shock to me that it made me stumble on my first line, which she poked fun at me later on for. It was reassuring that she was able to push aside her personal life and still put on a flawless, extraordinary show, but at the same time it was a little disturbing that she was so easily able to compartmentalize her emotions.

That night at home, after the show, she gave me a peck on the cheek and went to bed early. Despite my fatigue, I sat up for a few hours and railed at myself in my head. Didn't Eric warn you about this? I remember his exact words: As soon as the show's over, she'll be gone, and you'll be sad. He directly told me not to get attached. I hadn't listened to his advice, Eric's predictions had come true.

The only upside I could see was that I'd have all of Sunday with her, before she left on Monday morning. We could do whatever she wanted. I had also called off for Monday morning so I could see her off, on her way back to the big city. But it was only one day, I thought. Then she'd be gone forever. I put my hands over my face and sobbed quietly to myself.

I didn't make it to bed that night. Eventually exhausted, I had fallen asleep on the couch. When I woke up, Serena was sitting on the floor next to me. "Hi," she said, trying to smile.

"Hi." I sat up and stretched. Sleeping on the couch was not helpful to my back muscles.

"I missed you in the bed last night."

I felt angry for a moment. I was angry at her for expecting me to be okay with this. I was angry at myself for falling in love with her. I was angry at the world for putting me in this situation. I felt my fists clench, then I relaxed them. "I'm sorry, I just... had a lot on my mind."

It was a weak, vague excuse, but Serena didn't need any more explanation. She just nodded, and said, "Okay. Do you want breakfast? Or lunch?"

I looked around. "What time is it?"

"11:00. I've been up for a bit, but I let you sleep."

I looked at Serena. She was already dressed for the day, in simple shorts and a T-shirt. "How about I take a quick shower, then we'll go to brunch?"

She smiled. It was less forced this time. "Sounds good."

----

That evening, we ate a simple dinner before going to the theater for the final show. I tried my best to compartmentalize my feelings, like Serena was able to, so that I could get through it. We both put on a good show, and the audience gave their rousing applause, but I was a little emotionally exhausted by the end.

After the last show, it was tradition that everyone stay and help break down the set, followed by drinking and frivolity. Someone set up a folding table in the lobby, and several bottles and a stack of red plastic cups materialized there.

It was also tradition that anyone who wanted to say something could do so. It was usually the stars of the show who praised the rest of the cast and crew, but I didn't feel much like talking. I did give a very brief message about keeping the arts alive in our small town, and I thanked everyone for helping with that effort.

Serena was asked to speak next. She hadn't prepared anything either, but she did speak. "Thanks everyone for accepting me into your family here. I know I'm the outsider, and I'm going back to the city soon, but I've always wanted to be Eloise. And," she looked at me, "I couldn't pick a better Kenneth."

"Hear, hear!" several people cheered for me.

Serena continued, "I've been in several shows for years, and trust me when I tell you, I've never felt closer to a cast, and to the faithful audience, as I've felt over the last couple months. Thank you to everyone, and a big thank you to our amazing director for allowing me to come join you."

People raised their cups towards Chuck in a salute to him. I thought he'd be the next to speak, but Betsy raised her voice first. "I wanted to let everyone know tonight, that I'm also going to the city next week. I got into a show there." We cheered politely for her. I looked at Serena and she looked back at me. Apparently Frank had come through. "I'll miss you all," said Betsy, "But I'm sure you'll all come see me when I'm a big star." Another round of polite-but-fake cheers.

Finally, Chuck stepped up. Everyone paid close attention. "Bravo to you all. I want to thank you all for another brilliant show. I look forward to the auditions for the fall show, coming soon. But I have another announcement, one more serious for everyone. This coming year will be my last year as the director of Pendleton Community Theater."

Serena and I had been the only ones who knew. Everyone else was shocked. I looked around to see several people's jaws on the floor. Betsy looked at me. I think she was coming to the realization that she'd been bamboozled. There was no way for her to take back what she just said about 'becoming a big star' now; if she returned to Pendleton, she'd think of herself as a 'failure', someone who couldn't make it in the city and had to return with her tail between her legs. Her only hope to save face would be to stay in the city and become a star as she had just announced.

We all congratulated Chuck on his career, drinking to his honor. Then drinking to other people's honors too. There was plenty of drinking to do that night. People slowly trickled out in small groups to go home, and soon, so did Serena and I.

I wobbled a bit in the parking lot, and Serena convinced me to let her drive, as she'd been drinking less. When we got home, she took me upstairs and kissed me hard on the lips.

"Are we okay?" I asked, a still buzzing a little, but sober enough to ask if this was going to be another aborted attempt at sex.

Serena kissed me again. "Yes. We're okay. Now, take off your shirt." I did, watched Serena do the same. We watched each other from across the room, removing our own clothes, until we were both naked, standing five feet apart.

Serena closed the distance, pulling her nude body against mine. I felt her warmth as she kissed me deeply. My eyes were closed, as nothing else in the world mattered. My hands wrapped around her back, feeling her shoulders, her waist, her perfect taut behind. I felt her hands explore me too, ending by cupping my ass and pulling my pelvis to grind against hers. My erection was flattened in between us, pointing upwards at my stomach, rubbing against her stomach.

She laid me on the bed and climbed over me. She kissed the very top of my member, and it made me shiver. She grinned at me, then turned around to put her wet pussy over my face. I needed no instructions from this point. I put my hands on her hips and pulled her down onto my waiting lips. She moaned when I first tasted her, then she lowered herself and wrapped her loving mouth around me. We worked together, bringing each other pleasure. I didn't last very long, having gone several days without, and I came in her mouth. Serena greedily slurped it up and swallowed it down. Then she started teasing my cock again, tickling its sensitive spots, and keeping me hard. She was determined to make me rally so I could go again. I gratefully licked her and fingered her until she came, covering my face in her juices.

After that, I was ready. I helped Serena flip back around and position herself above me. She looked at me hungrily, rubbing her pussy on my erect cock. "I want you in me," she said, as I rushed to grab a condom from nearby.

She let up only for a second so I could slip the latex over my throbbing appendage. "I'm all yours," I replied.

She lowered herself and I slipped inside. She was so wet that it was easy, but she was still tight. She leaned forward and I placed my hands on her breasts, gently squeezing her nipples between my fingers. Her eyes were closed, and she called out my name, "Patrick, oh, god," as she rode me up and down. Her motions were mesmerizing, and I was utterly hypnotized. Nothing mattered more than me and her, right now. I slipped one hand from her breast, down her stomach, to find her clit. When I grazed it, she gasped, opened her eyes, and called out again, "Oh Patrick, yes!" With my cock deep inside her and my fingers teasing her button, she quickly reached her climax.

When she'd recovered, she climbed off and pulled me up. "Fuck me from behind," she told me, bending over the edge of the bed. I teased my cock up and down her slit. She told me again, "Fuck me, Patrick, fuck me hard!" I slipped in, and she cried out, "Yes! Fuck me!"

I pulled out and slammed back in. She moaned her appreciation, so I repeated it several more times. "Yes, fuck me harder!" she said, so I sped up and went in deep every time. Eventually, my hips slammed against her ass, making a loud rhythmic clapping. I was sweating, pouring all my energy into fucking this woman, the most perfect woman in the world, as she continued to groan and chant my name, gradually louder. When she came, her pussy squeezed me, and that was all I needed. I let out a loud groan and exploded. Her internal muscles were milking every drop from me. If it hadn't been for the thin layer of latex between us, I would bet big money on a pregnancy test.

All my energy gone, I laid on the bed, a little dizzy. She laid her head on my shoulder. Both of us were sweaty and out of breath, but neither of us cared.

I couldn't help myself. "Stay with me. Please. Don't go to the city. I want you to stay."

She shook her head. "You know I can't."

"I want you to stay. Don't you want to stay with me?"

"I'm sorry. You know I have to leave."

I wasn't satisfied, and I was going to say more, but she planted a kiss on my mouth to shut me up. "Can we talk about this in the morning?" she asked sweetly.

I nodded. "Okay." She laid her head back on my shoulder and settled down. In my head, I thought, there's still a chance. We have the whole day tomorrow together. Maybe I can convince her to stay with me.

----

When I awoke in the morning, the bed was empty. I sat up and listened for movement in the bathroom, or the kitchen, and hear none. I went downstairs and Serena wasn't there. I looked outside and her car was gone. I ran back upstairs and realized her clothes were gone too. Serena had left me.

I stumbled into the kitchen, shell-shocked, and found a note on the table. I knew what it said, and I didn't want to read it, but I read it anyways.

'My dearest Patrick, I know we planned to spend all day Sunday together. But that would be the worst day in my life, knowing it would be the last day I'd be with you. So I decided not to go through with it. Please forgive me for robbing you of our last day together.

I know you wanted me to stay. Please understand that I just can't. I have to get back to my normal life. Theater is my life, and I can't sit around a small town not doing it.

I never wanted to break your heart. My heart is broken too. I hope that both of us will be able to move on. You deserve someone who will stay with you forever. I love you, and I'm sorry. - Serena'

Just like that, Serena was gone.

Octave888888
Octave888888
1,165 Followers