Playtime

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yes a girl; she's 10," Marie said, "and very smart ... I have high hopes for her ... of course it's a proud parent talking ... so you have to be careful about what you believe," she added with a laugh.

"She's very pretty," Christine said, looking at a picture of what was surely Marie's daughter that sat on an end table by a sofa; there was quite a beautiful little girl smiling at the camera in it.

"If she ends up half as lovely as you," Marie replied, clearly pleased, "I'll need a baseball bat to keep the boys away! Do you have anyone special, Christine, or do you just accept 20 dates a week?"

"That's a laugh," Christine said a bit bitterly.

"How so?"

"The men I attract aren't exactly the greatest ... usually all ego ... just once I'd like to meet someone who doesn't think he's God's gift to women!"

"That would be me," Matt said, entering the conversation in a tentative way. You could tell by the look on his face that he needed to summon up some courage to make this little joke.

"What a nice looking, intelligent guy like you," Marie said to him, laughing, "surely there are oodles of girls just dying to get a little better acquainted with you ... no doubt without their clothes on!" she added with a mischievous smirk.

"If you meet any of them," Matt said, getting into the spirit of it, and taking his cue, "please let me know, because last time I checked no one was falling at my feet, much less undressing for me."

Marie gave him an unbelieving look, and then rolled her eyes at Christine, "at your age ... and single ... they must line up at your bedroom door ... do you ask them to take a number?"

"Not exactly," Matt protested with a grin, seeing her skepticism, "I'm a charter member of the romantically challenged club."

"Interesting ... sounds unattached," Christine thought to herself in a hopeful way as she enjoyed the banter between Matt and Marie.

"Is there anyone in your life, Marie?" Christine finally asked, after the laughter died down.

"I have a friend ... who might be more than that ... we'll see ... when you have a child you have to go a bit slowly ... I don't want to upset Amanda, her father still sees her every week and I think she hopes he and I will get back together ... but that's not happening. My life is complicated enough with work, and school, and Amanda ... a big time romance ... I'm not so sure."

"You still have to think about yourself," Matt said thoughtfully, "although that's easy for me to say, I don't have responsibility for a daughter," he added apologetically.

"I suppose so," Marie said in a bemused way, "would either of you like a drink of something ... I have beer and white wine?"

"A beer for me," Matt said cheerfully, "but only on the condition that the next time we get together I buy."

"Ditto," Christine said, "white wine for me."

"I may be a single mom," Marie said, "but I'm OK, a couple of drinks won't break me ... Rick, that's my ex, is very faithful with the support cheques ... thank goodness."

After Marie got the drinks they worked away at the synopsis for about an hour and a half, making decent progress. Matt used his laptop to enter the notes, and when they were finished, he plugged in a USB wireless modem and e-mailed the file to Marie and Christine, which meant that she now had his coordinates ... better and better!

* * *

When they left Marie's, Christine and Matt went in separate directions on the subway, Matt had gone back the two stops to the campus to get his car. As Christine sped away on the train towards her station she mentally considered Matt. He did seem nice, and had responded appropriately to Marie's playful teasing about his sex life. As she left the station for the short walk home, she made up her mind.

"What's the old saying: 'Desperate times call for desperate measures', or something," she mused inwardly. Once she was safely inside her apartment, she opened up her laptop and let her e-mail client synchronize with the server over the Internet ... and there it was, Matt's message. She hit thebutton, and then typed: "Hi! Was just thinking on my way home that if you're not busy this Wednesday evening, maybe we could get together for coffee or something, and go over the synopsis? Christine."

Taking a deep breath, she hit thebutton; and then said a little prayer!

For once, apparently, God was listening, because only a few moments later a new message showed up in her Inbox: "That could work. Where shall we meet? Is 7-7:30 OK?"

"Yes!" she exclaimed, raising her hands to the ceiling, and apparently startling Jill, who almost immediately rushed into her bedroom to see if she was alright.

But Christine had no time for Jill, waving her away with one hand while she composed a new message with the other, proposing to Matt he should come her way, and telling him where she lived, and that he could park in the "Visitors" of her building if that was convenient.

"What's going on?" Jill asked a few minutes later when Christine joined her in the kitchen for a snack and a drink.

"I met a nice guy at university," Christine said, "we're going out for coffee Wednesday."

"An actual date ... goodness," Jill said with a large grin, while feigning disbelief, and putting the back of her hand to her forehead.

"Well I wouldn't go that far ... we're supposed to be working on something for my course ... but it's a start I guess. I think we'll just walk over to Starbucks, it's not far."

"Good plan ... and then if you like him after the coffee, you can bring him back here, and your pussy can be the dessert!" Jill giggled.

"It's not going to be like that," Christine protested, blushing.

"Well unless you're doing it somewhere else," Jill said cheekily, "you haven't gotten any since you moved in here ... you must be past desperate!"

"I'm not going to sleep with a guy I just met, even if I really like him."

"You mean like I do," Jill said with a sly grin.

"That's not what I meant," Christine said defensively, "what you do with the guys you meet is up to you ... I'm not your mother."

"Thank goodness!" Jill said with some enthusiasm, "That's one of the reasons I got my own place, so I could get fucked in the comfort of my own room whenever I wanted to, instead of all the sneaking around at home ... you just wouldn't believe my mother ... she's from another century ... I'm surprised she didn't make me wear a chastity belt."

"You really shouldn't use the f-word so much," Christine admonished.

"Why not?"

"I don't know; it just doesn't sound very nice ... especially coming from a girl."

"Oh, for heaven's sake!"

* * *

Christine worked diligently on the synopsis before she went to work Tuesday evening, so that she wouldn't look like her request for the coffee date wasn't anything other than a desire to do well in the course ... which, needless to say wasn't exactly the first priority!

Wednesday, as she changed out of the clothes she had worn for her lunch shift at the restaurant, all sorts of wild thoughts raced through her mind. This was the closest thing she had had to a date since her second year of university, when her on-again off-again relationship with a former high school boyfriend exploded; probably because she wouldn't sleep with him, unlike most of the co-ed's he was certainly meeting on his campus ... girls like Jill, no doubt, who had no scruples or hesitation when it came to naughty activities that involved removing one's clothing.

"Maybe I was just stupid," she often thought to herself lately, as she recalled him, and some of the other boys she had dated in the past, and her reluctance to engage in sex with them.

She already had eye makeup, from being at work, so she just freshened up her lipstick and added a spritz of perfume. Her best skinny jeans; and a short sleeved baby blue knitted top with a scoop neck completed her outfit. She didn't add a necklace; she didn't want him to think that she was getting all dressed up, like she would for a "real" date.

Waiting in the living room for what seemed forever, but was actually only about 10 minutes, the intercom finally buzzed. When Matt announced himself, she grabbed her laptop, purse and jacket and raced out the door, leaving a highly amused Jill in her wake.

As they left the apartment foyer, with Christine pointing out the direction they needed to go, she gave Matt a short rundown on her job, just as a way of starting some conversation. Matt asked her about her shifts, and she mentioned that she had been home for a couple of hours, because after the lunch service was completed, she had to help get the restaurant ready for the evening.

"Did you get any dinner?" Matt asked politely.

"The chef's at the restaurant have a soft spot for me," Christine explained, "when I have the lunch shift they always send me home with one of the entrées in a 'doggy bag' ... and the food is always fantastic."

"Lucky you," Matt said, "I have to either go out or make something for myself ... it's not that I can't cook; but sometimes it's hard to get motivated to make a meal for just one person. I try not to use too many pre-prepared dinners, 'cause they're not as healthy as using fresh ingredients, and they have a lot of preservatives in them ... but sometimes, after work, if it's late and I'm tired ... hello freezer!"

"I know what you mean," Christine said, "that's where having a roommate can be good ... every once and a while Jill and I ... Jill's my roommate ... if we're both in, we plan a meal and then have dinner together ... we don't have all that much in common, other than we're completing our degrees at night, but at least it's someone to talk to."

"I had a roommate for about a year," Matt confessed, "but when he left I didn't bother looking around for another one ... there were too many issues ... like whenever I went away on business or for a vacation he would have a party ... and even though he cleaned up a little, things were always a mess afterwards, and stuff got broken ... I was glad he went voluntarily, because I was getting ready to kick him out. It's more expensive this way, but at least your place isn't a dump when you come home from being somewhere."

"Do you live in an apartment?"

"No, a condo ... two bedrooms ... my parents helped me with the down payment, so I could build up some equity ... maybe someday I'll be able to afford a house ... I mean if I'm married or with someone ... but right now the condo suits me fine ... it's more space than one person really needs, but it is in a good location, and seems to be going up in value."

When they arrived at Starbucks, they ordered two latté's, each one priced about the same as the national debt of a smaller country. Matt insisted on paying.

Sitting at a table, Christine opened up her laptop, and a busy hour or so whizzed by as they expanded the synopsis. She found that working with Matt was very easy; he listened intently to her ideas, often improving them with suggestions of his own, so much so that the document was becoming fairly final ... and quite polished!

"I'll e-mail it to Marie when I get home," Christine said, "in case she has any other comments ... we should be done with it on Monday."

"Let's hope the next movie is better than this one," Matt said, getting up and pulling her chair out, and then helping her put on her jacket, "because I took this course for personal interest ... no one told me that this atrocity was on the curriculum ... watching it should be classed as cruel and unusual punishment!"

Christine nodded her head, and laughed at his joke. She hadn't felt this comfortable around anyone in a very long time.

As they walked back towards the apartment, Christine asked about Matt's career.

"I graduated three years ago from the co-op program ... the company that employed me during my work terms offered me a full time job ... so that worked out pretty well for me. But I know that I'm going to need an MBA at some point if I want to get promoted ... my company might sponsor me, but their policy is that you have to be there at least 5 years ... so I have to wait, but I don't mind my job ... in fact it's pretty interesting, and I get to travel on the company nickel now and then."

"That's good," Christine said, trying to encourage more conversation.

"The best part is the annual planning sessions," Matt said, "I attend them because I present all the figures ... and you can really learn a lot from the senior people ... like how they see the business and the customers ... to tell the truth it's probably better experience than all the degrees in the world, but, let's face it ... you need those pieces of paper!"

Christine noticed how animated Matt had become as he described this aspect of his work. Her suspicions that he had a good job, and was probably "going places", as people used to say, were becoming confirmed.

* * *

Christine hoped she might hear from Matt, but her Inbox was strangely silent for the remainder of the week, and weekend. Frustrated that he didn't try to contact her, she felt an almost uncontrollable urge to make up some excuse to send something to him, but her pride got in the way.

"Maybe he doesn't like me ... or maybe he's gone away ... he did say he travelled for work once in a while ..."

There was nothing for it but to wait for next Monday ... and hope!

* * *

When Christine entered the conference room she discovered that Marie, Alan and Caitlin were already there, however, there was no sign of Matt. She had just managed to sit down when Matt did arrive, escorting a very attractive women who appeared to be in her late twenties or early thirties.

"Oh no," Christine thought, her romance prospects sinking in her mind like the proverbial lead balloon.

"This is my sister Erica," Matt explained, "she's here from out of town ... we're going out for drinks after we're finished ... I hope everyone doesn't mind."

"Thank goodness," Christine thought, finally able to breathe again.

There were introductions all around, and then some discussion on the synopsis.

"Thanks to Christine and Matt," Marie said, "I think that Caitlin and Alan can get going on the presentation ... as far as I'm concerned the written portion is done."

Alan suggested that everyone else except Caitlin and he could adjourn, they would work on the presentation, and then circulate something via e-mail for comments.

Christine, Marie, would you like to join us for a drink ... my treat?

"Thanks Matt," Marie said, "I'd love to; but just one, then I have to get home to Amanda ... what about you Christine?

Christine just nodded her head and tried to favour Matt with a smile ... hopefully it said the right things!

The four of them left the building and walked over to the campus pub. Marie chatted with Erica about her situation, and Amanda, while Christine and Matt followed along in silence. The pub was fairly crowded, even though it was a Monday night. The majority were college aged males who had come to watch the NFL football game, and catch a few beers in the process.

"Look at all these cute guys, Erica," Marie said with a laugh as she surveyed the scene, "do you think any of them like older women ... especially, really, really hard up older women?"

"For sure," Erica replied, returning her laugh, "they pretty much like anything in a skirt, as long as it gets out of that skirt in a hurry ... and with no strings attached!"

"Perfect," Marie said with a wink in Erica's direction, "because I just want to borrow one of them for a half an hour or so."

"Oh I suspect they're good for more than that," Erica said, "... hey check out the one sitting on the end stool; talk about hot ... he could get my engine running, I bet."

"Maybe we could share him," Marie responded, "just how married are you?"

The two of them were giggling at their foolishness when the waitress came to take their drink orders. Afterwards, Marie and Erica started to kibitz again.

"Your brother tells me he's romantically challenged," Marie said provocatively, "I find that hard to believe, Erica."

"It's true ... my baby brother hasn't exactly set any world dating records, at least as far as I know ... and if all he does is work, ride his bike, and watch his movie collection, things won't get any better ... as I keep telling him ... that's why I suggested he take a few courses; he needs to get out more," Erica said in a knowing way.

There was a short pause as everyone digested this information, while Matt squirmed under the gaze of Marie and his sister.

"Christine," Erica asked boldly, turning in her direction, "are you with someone right now?"

"In my fantasies, yes ... in real life ... not so much," Christine replied, desperately trying to inject some humour into this admission.

"So what are you waiting for, Mr. Dateless Wonder," Erica scolded Matt, while pointing an accusatory finger in his direction, "you told me you thought she was very nice ... so stop stalling, and ask her out to dinner."

"But ..." Matt said a bit nervously.

"No 'buts'," Erica admonished, "ask her out, right now, so I can hear you do it ... it`s just dinner, you don`t have to marry the girl ... although she would make a beautiful bride, wouldn't she?"

Christine felt the colour rising in her cheeks.

"It would be really good if you would say 'yes'," Erica said to Christine in a stage whisper from behind her hand, "I've been trying to get him to call you for the last couple of days."

"I'm waiting ..." Erica said to Matt, while she rolled her eyes towards the heavens.

"Ah ... ah ... Christine would you have dinner with me some time?" a hesitant voice that came from Matt's direction asked.

"No, no, no ... not 'some time', you idiot," and exasperated Erica said, "try 'this weekend' ... ask her which day she might be free ... do it again ... and this time, get it right!"

"Okay, okay," Matt said, clearly somewhere between humiliated and chastened, "Christine, I was wondering whether, if you're free one night this weekend, we could have dinner?"

"Much better," Erica pronounced.

"That would be lovely," Christine answered politely, trying to keep the excitement out of her voice, "I have all of Friday off ... about what time?"

"I'll get a reservation for 7 ... is Italian okay ... or would you prefer something else?"

"Italian is fine ... good actually."

"I'll pick you up around 6:30," a relieved looking Matt said.

As Christine sat there, slightly embarrassed, but also thrilled, Erica and Marie gave them a round of applause, which caused some of the other patrons to look in surprise in their direction.

* * *

The dinner date was a success, just as the meeting over coffee had been. When Matt dropped her off at her apartment, he escorted her to the front door of the building. Before going inside, Christine told him what a good time she had had, and then gave him a little kiss on the lips to encourage him to ask her out again.

Apparently that strategy worked, because he did ask her out several days later, and one date led to another, and another; and the one little kiss led to another, and another, each one becoming slightly longer, but not yet intimate, which surprised Christine. Every other boy she had dated would have tried to "push the envelope" by now.

At this point the new romance got a little sidetracked, as Matt had to go to Europe on business for several weeks, however, they had made an arrangement to have dinner, and to see a movie, when he returned. Christine just couldn't wait to be with him again!

If she was still living at home, she would have invited Matt in after the upcoming fourth date, to create an opportunity for some serious kissing, and maybe even some other things, but Jill presented a problem; the apartment didn't really allow for a lot of privacy, and they could hardly make out like a couple of teenagers on the sofa with her roommate there; what if Jill needed to use the washroom, or get something from the kitchen? And suggesting to Matt that they go into her bedroom had serious implications, to say the least! For sure he'd think that it was an invitation to have sex, there would be no way around it; and worse, it would appear to be her idea. It wasn't that she was against surrendering herself to Matt, no, quite the contrary, but she just couldn't see herself letting Jill overhear them; the way she had listened, blushing, on many a night, to Jill getting noisily laid by her latest male specimen!