Please Give Mercy

Story Info
Why does a loving wife do such hurtful things?
6.9k words
4.08
90.4k
67

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 06/22/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Farmers_Son
Farmers_Son
1,787 Followers

This is a story of a man who, while battling depression, makes his wife angry. It is a total work of fiction, one of the wild dreams I have just as I might wake up.

*****

Tom Jones, no not the fictional character or the pop singer, was a man with a problem. First was growing up with the moniker of a fictional character and also the name of a former very popular pop singer. His mom once told him he was lucky their last name wasn't Humperdink or he would have been named Englebert, also the name of a fictional character and a pop singer. He had to agree with her on that one. He couldn't imagine how he would have survived his formative years with that name.

He survived the taunting and the bullying but as an adult he was finally diagnosed with clinical depression. He found a good therapist and between the therapy and a few good medications he was a better man.

He graduated college with a degree in business administration and took a mid-level job in a small company making widgets. Tom was now working on his master's degree by taking evening and online courses through a popular university.

I suppose you, dear reader, would like a description of our hero. Tom was an average man with dark hair and brown eyes. He stood five foot nine inches tall. Since he bicycled almost everywhere he was slim and in shape. For those who need to know he had a solid 8" cock and wasn't bad in bed. Occasionally his medications interfered with his performance but he was a considerate lover who was not averse to using lips, tongue and fingers to make sure his lover was well satisfied.

Two years before the start of our story Tom met Julie Walters. Julie was a chemical engineer employed at Wilson Widgets, the same place Tom was employed. Julie, though, was a couple of years younger and, thus, was a new employee versus Tom's two years of service at Wilson Widgets.

Julie was about five foot six inches tall and had dishwater blonde hair and blue eyes. Even though a nerd she had also been an active athlete at her division I school. She played basketball and ran the low hurdles in track and held a couple of school records.

Her breasts were small, in keeping with her athletic form. Tom snuck a look at her bra once and found she wore a 34B. Her waist and hips were proportional. Her legs were long and lean and she also loved to bicycle. They actually met during a company sponsored cycling event and soon were exclusive.

Over the next year they got to know each other well. Tom told Julie about his depression, as he was not ashamed of it. He told her of his struggles with suicidal thoughts while in college but now he was happy and felt well but still saw his therapist on a regular basis and was religious in taking his medications.

Julie never held his depression against him and told him so. They went on many dates before getting physical. Both felt they needed to be friends before being lovers as they each had previously had fallen into poor relationships because of placing sex above knowing their lovers.

When they did become physical Julie professed to understand Tom's occasional impotence and told him that it would not ever bother her as long as she knew he loved her and was faithful to her and her alone. Of course Tom demanded the same from her.

Their sex life was mostly vanilla. They loved to look at each other as they made love. There was very little fucking, mostly making love. Both professed to be very satisfied with their love life.

After a few more months they became engaged and then married. Tom's parents lived quite a ways away from his adopted town so they seldom got to see them. Julie did get along with them and had their approval to marry Tom.

Julie's parents, her mom and dad were divorced, were less than impressed with Tom. They each felt that Julie should be marrying someone in her career field. They felt that Tom's intelligence was far less than Julie's and this was going to hurt the couple in the long run.

Since they couldn't influence their daughter, they did attend her wedding but sat in separate locations as they did not otherwise agree on much of anything. Julie's dad was a serious player and had many notches on his bed post. As a matter of fact he brought his latest fuck queen to the wedding. She was barely eighteen and was dressed for fucking, not attending her potential future step-daughter's wedding.

Tom and Julie had a great wedding and a wonderful honeymoon before returning and settling down to what they believed would a life of wedded bliss. Our story really begins just after they celebrated their first wedding anniversary.

Tom was called out of town to handle a negotiation for a potential new use of Wilson Widgets newest invention. The company needing the widget was experimenting with a new power source. If their equations and designs held true then traditional power plants would no longer be needed. Their simplistic explanation basically stated that this new power source would use solar energy but increase its potential many times over traditional solar power. Their stations could be globally positioned and energy transmitted from anywhere the sun was shining to anywhere the sun didn't shine. It was also supposed to be cheaply produced so that all countries would benefit from cheap energy.

The two day negotiations went well and Tom returned home ready to celebrate. When he got to the house he was bursting with the news that the widget that Julie had helped to design was going to be integral to the whole solar power plan.

He came in the door and tried to hug his wife while announcing his news. "Linda, your invention is a godsend, both to the company and to our new client. It may revolutionize how we get electricity and finally bring forth the end of burning fossil fuels for power." His elation was cut short when Julie pushed him away.

"What's wrong? I thought you would be jumping for joy. This widget will not only make our company a lot of money but you personally since you share in the patent."

Julie didn't answer but just gave her husband a hateful stare.

Tom didn't understand. He tried to get her to acknowledge the good news again. Finally she put up her hand. "Yes, I get it. The widget I helped design will make us a lot of money and will revolutionize industry. Tomorrow, when I get to work I will celebrate with the rest of my team. Right now I could care less."

Tom tried to lighten the mood again. "I thought we would go out tonight and celebrate. We could hit that new restaurant and then maybe go dancing. We haven't been out for a little while, not even on our anniversary."

"I have no intention of going anywhere with you for any kind of celebration. As a matter of fact I am going out with a friend for the evening and, no, you aren't invited."

Tom grabbed her hand. "What's the matter? Why are you so upset? Is it because this is the first time we have been apart since we started dating?"

Julie jerked her hand away. "If I have to tell you what I am upset about then obviously you don't feel it is anything to be upset about. Now leave me alone so I can get ready to go out."

Being the good man that Tom was he stopped trying to get Julie to talk to him and let her go. He was confused.

He went to the living room and sat in the dark while trying to figure out what he did wrong or said wrong to make Julie so upset with him. They had suffered through a few disagreements and the odd miscommunication but both had known why the other was angry or disgusted so that they could rapidly work out their differences. This was different. Julie wasn't pleased at all by the news because she was so angry at something Tom had done or not done.

Tom tried to think if there had been any missed date. No, they had each remembered their anniversary and had gone out for a nice but quiet meal followed by a good romp in bed where their love had shown in every move. Both of their birthdays were months away. It wasn't the anniversary of their first date, first kiss or even the first time they made love. Unless he forgot some event that she had been looking forward to then he could not think of anything.

While he was racking his brain trying to figure out what had gone wrong Julie was finishing putting on a good set of slacks and a nice blouse before walking by Tom and heading out for her car. She didn't even say "Goodbye" or "Good Night."

Tom was still sitting in his chair when she came home about three hours later. She was still mad, maybe even more so. Tom could only surmise that she had commiserated with a friend or two and they had fed her anger to a new level.

She slammed the door to their bedroom, effectively letting Tom know that he wasn't welcome in her bed. Thankfully they had kept the spare bedroom as a guest bedroom with a good mattress for whenever they had sleepover guests. Tom's dad, in particular, had a back issue and needed a good mattress. Tom made his way, with his still-packed suitcase, to the guest bedroom and made ready to sleep.

He had no idea if Julie slept but he tossed and turned for quite a while. Finally he used his tablet to go online and read some stories that focused on angry spouses. He was looking for some clue as to the cause of Julie's anger and also for some tips in how to apologize.

The next day wasn't much better. Instead of eating breakfast together and then traveling to work together, Julie opted to grab a cup of coffee, coffee that Tom had made, didn't even acknowledge Tom in any way, and then took off for her lab. This left Tom to finish his breakfast, dump the rest of the uneaten food, and then make his way to the office.

There his boss came and congratulated Tom on his success. He was surprised when Tom basically shrugged off the accolades. Tom, instead, directed all the accolades to the team that had designed the widget. Tom's boss knew that Tom was serious about sharing the glory but felt that Tom should at least take some credit for selling the widget to the new client.

Hours later Tom was called to a local bar where he found his bride slumped in a chair. Her team had left work early and had celebrated hard. Her supervisor told Tom, when he arrived, that Julie had started drinking with a vengeance. He was concerned. Tom agreed with him and promised to find out exactly what was wrong with Julie.

The two men had to lift the near comatose woman and carry her to Tom's car and pour her into the right hand seat. Of course she puked as they were doing so. Both men were covered in regurgitated booze and a little food from lunch. Tom apologized profusely and then took his wayward wife home.

On the way Tom tried to get Julie to talk. Maybe he could find out exactly why she was angry. All he got was some disjointed comments that were barely understood. He was just as confused as when he got home the day before.

Thankfully it was the start of the weekend. Julie could sleep in for as long as needed to heal from her drinking ordeal. Tom didn't sleep in the same bed since she was still puking at times and never really woke up any time. Instead he slept in the chair at the foot of the bed so he could monitor her. He cat-napped and got very little sleep as he tried, successfully by the way, to keep her from aspirating her own puke into her lungs.

Finally Julie was sleeping soundly and not appearing to be just unconscious from the alcohol. Tom decided he could now get some sleep so he went back to the guest bedroom after opening all the windows in the master bedroom to allow the smell to air out.

When he woke Julie was still sleeping. Tom fixed a meal for himself and set out some pain killers along with a large bottle of water for Julie. He figured she would not want to eat until late in the afternoon.

When Julie finally staggered out of the bedroom she looked like death warmed over. This was after she had stood in the shower, or maybe sat in the shower, until the water ran cold.

When she sat down she downed the pain reliever and drank half the bottle of water before trying to speak. Her first words were not encouraging. "Were you trying to freeze me by opening the windows?"

Tom was disgusted by his wife's behavior and even more distressed by her lack of remorse. He kept his cool, while mentally thanking his medications, and spoke in an even tone. "No, I needed to air the room out. If you haven't noticed you puked multiple times last night. The room stunk to high heaven."

Julie immediately screamed and then grabbed her head. "DON'T YELL AT ME!"

Tom denied doing so.

Julie kept up her attack. "How do you know I was sick all night? You obviously got a good night's sleep last night."

Tom actually snorted. "Yeah, right. I got a call to the bar to pick up your drunk ass. You puked on me and your supervisor as we carried you to the car. After I got you home I sat and watched over you all night long to make sure you didn't try to drown in your own puke. You owe your boss a call and an apology. Hell, you owe me one. You also owe me an explanation of why you got so shit-faced."

Julie just looked at Tom in a sullen and defiant way. Tom threw up his hands and went to pull the sheets and bedding off the master bed and get them all washed. Thankfully the mattress didn't seem worse for wear otherwise he would have ordered a new one.

He ignored Julie while she sat and stared at him going about the business of cleaning up after her. He cleaned the carpet where she had puked as he carried her in. He then cleaned out the front of the car just in case there were any missed spots from the dripping puke.

When he was done he called for a sandwich to be delivered. As he came by Julie he noted she had managed to get a can of chicken and noodle soup warmed up and had gotten it down and was looking a little more human. Her attitude didn't seem any better though.

That evening Tom went to take his evening doses of his medication but they were all missing. He couldn't remember moving them but he might have done so. He searched the bathroom and the kitchen cabinets but could not find them. Since he had just gotten them refilled he knew he couldn't go to the pharmacy and get them renewed again. A couple of the medications were potential drug of abuse so he only got a thirty day supply at any time.

He couldn't call his therapist as she had no weekend hours. He would just have to tough it out until Monday. He had studied his medications thoroughly and knew that it would take two or three days for the full effects to go away so he should be able to get replacement medications by then unless he found the errant bottles.

He tried to ask Julie about the medications but she just shrugged her shoulders and didn't answer.

The only change the rest of the weekend was Julie asking Tom to come back to their bedroom and share the bed again. There was no sex, no pillow talk, or extra conversation at all but they did share the bed.

Sunday night Julie was still distant but did kiss Tom goodnight. It was a quick peck on the lips but Tom took comfort that Julie seemed to be thawing. Maybe she would get to the point where she would talk about what he appeared to have done to make her so angry.

When Tom woke on Monday he as even more reassured of Julie's love. He woke with her pasted to his back and her arms around him. He snuggled down for a few more moments of sleep before the alarm went off and they had to get up.

Julie actually said hello to him and they shared breakfast again. They didn't ride to work together as Julie informed Tom that her work group was planning a late meeting to set their next goals and objectives. This wasn't unusual. A great win was immediately followed by planning on the next win.

Tom had a good day at work even though he was feeling the effects of his medication withdrawal. No, he didn't have the shakes or any physical withdrawal symptoms, but, instead, he could feel the onset of depression. He used every distracter and mental trick to keep from succumbing to the darkness inside him.

He contacted his therapist's office but found out she had taken a week off and there was no one to contact about his replacement medications. Other therapists were available to have a session with but each was loathe to prescribe for someone he or she did not know.

Tom sent a text to Julie telling her that he was experiencing some depression so she could understand if he exhibited some symptoms at home. He knew he would just become very quiet and less and less engaged in anything around him as his depression deepened. He fervently hoped his other techniques would help him until he got new medications.

When Tom got home he tried to work on some job related stuff on his laptop. He had a comfortable office chair that he used for the purpose. Unfortunately on this evening, while waiting for Julie to return, the chair proved so comfortable that he fell asleep in it and didn't wake until Julie came home.

Possibly due to his depression he was sleeping so soundly that she entered quietly and noted he was sleeping. He didn't see the snide smile she had on her face but he soon woke as she was tying his arms to his knees and the arms of the chair.

Trying to shake the fog from his head he jerked his arms in an unsuccessful attempt to move. He immediately tried to ask Julie what was going on but she had a strip of tape for his mouth. His mouth was still open as she put the tape on his face. He tried to shake his head but she was successful in covering his mouth. Since his mouth had been open as she put the first piece of tape over his mouth he could actually speak but it was very muffled.

"Why are you doing this?" Of course it sounded like "Wh r do is?" but Julie understood. She didn't stop as she proceeded to put a piece of tape over his forehead and tape his head to the back of the chair.

"You bastard. You go and fuck some skank while on your trip and you have the gall to come back here and act as though everything is just fine. To think that an invention that I helped create gave you the opportunity to fuck around on our marriage is just insult to injury."

"What woman? Who says that I cheated?" Yes, the words were muffled still.

Julie laughed. "The bitch called here. She called on our home phone and asked for you. When I questioned her about what she wanted you for she told me that she just wanted to thank you for the good time you had together and the present that you gave her. She laughed at me and then hung up."

Tom tried to deny the accusation. "No, I never cheated. I would not do that to you."

Julie obviously didn't believe him as she then started to roll the chair into the bedroom. She kept ranting about his whore that he had cheated with. She kept wondering aloud how long this had been going on and whether he was fucking his skank on a routine basis since he seldom ever traveled for business.

Tom kept trying to get her to understand that he had never cheated on her but she was getting even more wound up. Finally she had him inside the bedroom and positioned in front of the closet. She stopped and caught her breath. "I was tempted to film my punishment of you but decided against it. I believe you will fully understand my wrath without any visual evidence." She stopped for a few moments. "Now I need you to be quiet and take your punishment."

Tom shook his head, well, as much as the tape would allow. He would not be quiet. Julie put a couple of extra pieces of tape over his mouth to further muffle him. Finally Tom quit trying to talk as he was getting worn out trying to speak clearly.

Julie ignored him anyhow. She proceeded to change clothes. She put away her work outfit and got on a nice negligee that didn't hide any of her physical charms. The gauzy material emphasized her small breasts with their prominent nipples and Tom could see the shadow of her well groomed pubic area.

Farmers_Son
Farmers_Son
1,787 Followers
12