Please Let Me Be Ch. 17

Story Info
Tessa gets a visitor.
3.8k words
4.7
5.1k
2
0

Part 17 of the 19 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 03/18/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
xattackx888
xattackx888
108 Followers

Disclaimer: This world is based around criminal activity that includes murder, drugs, theft, and selling of people. I do not condone any of these activities and actually feel very strongly AGAINST all of them. Also, every character in this story is fictitious, any and all similarities are purely coincidental. Each and every character is also above the age of 18. Make sure to play safe and practice safe sex. Always get consent!

The next few days were a blur of busy and boring. Tessa did her job and cleaned every surface she was in front of to a perfect shine. Truthfully, the heavy work relaxed her; having something to do to get her mind off Darrien being away from her, the stress of trying to gather secrets for him with no real reason why and always feeling like she was one second from being punished. There were just too many reasons she could be punished for in her mind; spying first and foremost, not being properly sold to them for another and a whole slew of mistakes she'd made as she learned. Jack told her it was okay to make mistakes starting out any new job. Like this is a job and not servitude without wage, Tessa was feeling a bit bitter.

Tessa ignored her feelings and pulled out her secreted cellphone to send the draft message she'd crafted for Darrien when she'd first arrived. Information on the security measures, number of people in the building, staff and layout were all written in the shorthand he'd taught her. The only problem she'd faced was getting cell service down in the servant quarters where she'd spent most of her time.

Now, she was in the main hall at 8 am the day before the celebration. Being so early it was mostly cleaning staff in the hall and very few players. The lack of people did nothing to stop the players from taking advantage of their solitude.

"Who's this lovely one?" A man said behind her with a hand on her ass.

Tessa jolted, shoved her cell into her bra and turned to face him. While moving about she knocked over her small carry kit of cleaning supplies.

"Skittish?"

She shook her head in a lie. Fear from almost being caught with the cellphone slid down her spine. Not to mention the visceral intimidation of the large man before for.

The man was built like a craggy cliff face; tall, hard, and rough lined with far too much strength. Her mouth dried out in fear and she tried to work moisture back into her mouth by licking her lips but all that did was draw his attention.

"Do I make you nervous?"

"No, sir." She couldn't look away from his eyes as he loomed over her.

"I think I do. Don't worry, I like to make people nervous. More fun for me that way."

Tessa couldn't think of an answer to that. Thankfully she was saved from speaking when Jack appeared at her back. His arm around her shoulder, he swiftly placed her behind him and directed her to pick up her supplies.

"I apologize for her, sir. She's a new employee and does not know the rules of the house fully yet."

It irritated her to hear Jack speak so servilely.

"Not to worry, Jack. You know how I like to greet the new employees." The stranger said with a hint of hidden meaning.

"Yes, sir."

"Well, it was a pleasure to meet you, Miss . . ." he waited for her to give her name.

Tessa, still crouched on the floor with her small kit of supplies all bundled looked up at Jack for help. He gave her a small nod.

"Tessa, sir."

"Tessa . . . no last name?"

That hit where it hurt, Tessa had never had a last name. She'd been a commodity not a citizen. The thought to make one up had passed through her mind before but it felt wrong to make one up when she'd been only Tessa the Tester.

"No, sir."

Her answer had both men looking at her in a way she really wanted to escape.

"Well," the man said with both brows raised in intrigue, "I'd be happy to-"

He cut off when one of the men being serviced at the gambling table gave a shout of outrage and pushed the woman servicing him off roughly. Tessa could see a hint of red on the man's softening member and thought it was lipstick until she noticed the woman wasn't wearing any.

The daunting man in front of her who'd planned to haphazardly name her gave a gusty sigh and left them without a word or glance. Jack took advantage and grabbed up her supplies and put a hand on her back to quickly guide her out.

"Who was that?" She whispered to Jack when they were well away.

"The owner."

The sound of their steps echo through the back stairs is the only thing between them as Tessa thinks over that fearsome thought. Jack's hand is still steady on her back and she looks at him searchingly.

"What did he mean when he said he likes to greet all the new employees?"

Jack jolts at that, his fingers tensing before his palm presses into her harder.

"He likes to try out the new girls and boys to see if they have what it takes to 'work' for him."

Tessa makes a noise of understanding as he ushers her into a bedroom much like hers but slightly different in a way she can't guess at just yet.

"Here, sit down for a bit."

"Where-" she starts to ask.

"My room."

Tessa thinks that over for a second. "Is that a good idea?"

Jack sighs and sits down on a mussed bed that's in the same spot where hers would be. She tilts her head at him in confusion before manners catch up.

"Thank you for helping me."

"I couldn't leave you like that."

"Either way, thank you."

He just nods and lifts his head to give her an inscrutable look. She feels an air of bravery brush through her and she works her way to sit down beside him on the bed. The cheap mattress dips beneath them and she ends up with most of her left wedged against his right. Jack coughs out a noise that she thinks may have been a hidden laugh. Then his right arm wraps over her shoulder and squeezes her shoulder in a brotherly way. Or at least Tessa wants it to be brotherly.

This man is strangely distracting with his humor and kindness. His little touches of affection are an addiction that Darrien filled, an addiction of skinship that Darrien hasn't been able to fulfill.

"Do you keep an eye out for all the new people?" She asks in the comfortable silence.

If he does this for everyone than I'm not special and he's just touchy-feely, which means this whole thing is just me making mountains out of molehills.

"Not really," he grimaces at that and removes his arm, "this place is a lot more survival of the fittest. I can't keep an eye out for everyone new or else I won't make it myself."

"Then-" why do you help me?

Jack just shrugs then so quietly she thinks she misheard he says, "I like you."

Well, shit.

Tessa's heart warms at the words while her mind reminds her that Darrien exists, Darrien who wants her, who took her from the business, who gave her a place and something to do. Darrien who is using me to spy for him in a dangerous place far from him, she thinks and immediately feels guilt for doubting him.

"Are you feeling better, now?"

The sound of Jack's voice snaps her out of her mired thoughts.

"Better?"

"You were shaking . . ."

"Oh," she holds out her hands and notices a fine tremor and the chill in her fingertips from dealing with the man earlier, "I didn't notice."

Jacks hand rubs her back in warm circles that has her relaxing enough to where she slumps over with her head on his shoulder.

"Thank you," she says, thanking him for a reason she can't quantify.

Before Jack can say any more the door bursts open hard enough to rebound against a notched hole in the wall and bounce back on Caleb's form. Caleb struggles with a laundry basket full of what looks to be the serving uniforms and a few items that are oddly bright in color. Tessa is frozen beside Jack as Caleb finally sees them and stills. The sound of voices down the hall jolts them all back into action. Jack stands causing Tessa to roll into where he sat. Caleb kicks the door shut with a loud slam before turning to cast a dubious and slightly lecherous look at Jack then Tessa.

"Did I interrupt?" Caleb's words seem slightly bitter but Tessa isn't sure she's not imagining it.

"She met the Owner."

"Oh," that mollifies Caleb.

"Are you okay, Tessa?"

The timid question makes her blink at him in surprise before nodding.

"He didn't take her away or tell her to report for a duty to him later?" Caleb finally puts down the basket on the neat bed across from Tessa.

"He got distracted," Jack answers. He's been looking away from Tessa since Caleb came into the room until just then but he only glances at her before focusing on Caleb again.

"Good."

"I agree."

"Will he find me? I was almost done with my shift in the hall but I have to go help in the service dining hall before dinner. So I should be downstairs for the rest of the day." Tessa asks. "That's safe, right?"

"For tonight, yes." Caleb nods and flops down next to his basket.

"Hopefully, he'll forget all about you."

"Okay," Tessa says to Jack's back. "I'll just get back to work, then."

Jack nods and Caleb gives her a cheesy finger gun and wink. Tessa leaves the room shaking her head and nearly runs right into Ms. Carmel.

"Ah, I apologize," she gasps out and gives a brief nod to Ms. Carmel before speed walking off.

Tessa thanks her lucky stars for the escape before Ms. Carmel could identify her. She made her way to the dining hall, did her duty, ate and went to her room without a single incident. No owner, no Ms. Carmel, and no Jack kept her from her busywork. It was all good and well that she was able to get some of her chores done but Tessa was starting to worry over her lack of secrets. The only information she'd garnered for Darrien had been from that initial tour Jack and Caleb had given her. Added to that concern was the fact that she'd been unable to hit send on her message before Jack had escorted her back downstairs.

Darrien still did not have what little information she'd scrounged up and she felt like she was running out of time. The Celebration was the next day and something had her thinking that was when Darrien and his boss would show. Otherwise, he was working a long game and didn't care if she was away indefinitely.

Maybe he's already replaced me. He had me grateful and begging to be of use to him. Anything he wanted he had and now I'm here. . .

Tessa fell back on her bed, the room blessedly empty of her roommates. She crossed her arms over her eyes and sighed out the sadness and worry.

I hate feeling this. I hate doubting him.

She forced her optimistic side to the forefront.

He took me away from the business, chose me, bought me. He wanted me physically and has given me a way to do something for him. I owe him whether he uses me or not. No other man has shown me the interest he has, the kindness or the desire.

Jack might. . .

Traitor.

Tessa rubbed the heels of her hands into her eyes and groans out her frustrations and confusion.

"What's wrong, love?"

"Darrien," she whispers his name on a sigh at the imagined voice.

"Tessa."

"I miss you."

"I missed you, too."

"Why can't you just be here or better yet me there."

His rumbling chuckle echoes in her ears and she feels her body heat at the seductive sound of his happiness. Swallowing past the desire she holds back the burning in her eyes with sheer will power. Then her bed dips under a weight and Tessa gasps with worry.

I didn't hear them come in, she thinks of her roommates hearing her say Darrien's name.

She removes her hands slowly for fear of what her roommates will think of her talking to herself. The sight that greets her has her gasping with happiness.

"Darrien!"

"Tessa." His standard serious face holds a hint of a smile but the warmth in his eyes is what has her moving towards him rapidly. Her arms wrap around his chest and she buries her face in his neck. The feeling of his breath rising his chest fills her with an elation she'd not expected. She's never missed anyone as much as this, not even Jolie caused her heart to ache this much.

"You're here," she whispers.

"I am."

At that she releases all the tension in her body and the breath she didn't realize she'd been holding. Darrien enfolds her in an embrace. He tucks her legs around his waist and leans up against the wall aside her bed. She knows, distantly, that if her roommates appear now bad things will happen but she can't seem to remove herself from him.

Darrien's fingers slide over her hair where she let it loose from the braid she keeps it in during the workday. His other arm is wrapped across her back, holding her hostage against his chest. Hot lips press soft kisses into her hairline and Tessa soaks it all in. Every inch of her is calling to be in contact with Darrien's skin. She wants nothing more than to strip him and remind him why he purchased her. Not for spying but for sex.

"Tessa," Darrien groans. Without her noticing she's been grinding slowly on him. The evident erection looses a worry she didn't know she'd had. A moan leaks from between her lips where she's opened them in a wet kiss beneath his ear. Her gentle fingers turn into cautious claws drawing down his back. When he tilts his head to give her access he lifts his hips to meet hers. His surrender to her is heady.

Is this what he feels when he's in control?

The predator she never knew herself to be rises and she allows her teeth to press threateningly on the corded muscle of his neck. He answers her attack on him with a groan pulled from his center.

"We shouldn't do this here," he reasons but his erection drags across her clit through the rough fabric of her work clothes.

"You're right," her words slip out between their lips as she flicks her tongue against his.

The rough movement of their bodies grinding together rocks the rickety bed frame. The thud of the mattress knocking into the wall is only background noise to the both of them. Delicious friction builds into an impetus of wet heat. Tessa moans into his mouth calling forth an answering groan of pleasure. She flicks her eyes open to watch the expression of him unraveling beneath her. Her hands leave his back to trail up to his shoulders then his neck. Their skin slides together, his pulse pounding under her fingers to match the heartbeat thundering in her ears. All the while their hips rut together atop their clothes in this dingy basement room on the verge of being caught.

Every facet of their joining is dangerous, frantic and has Tessa on the edge. Her thumbs flick over the pulse points under his jaw, the rasp of his facial hair scratching up her soft skin.

"Darrien," she asks, questions beating at the back of her brain but unable to cross her lips.

His eyes flicker open. Their gaze locks and Tessa feels a prickle of heat dart down her spine. She shivers under his hands. The rough thrust of their hips takes on a carnal sway. Darrien's movements are a thing of beauty. Like dancing to the music of their breaths he rolls his body slowly against hers. The sensuality of his motion has her lightheaded. His fully clothed cock rubs her clit through her pants just right and she shatters into a climax.

Embarrassing sounds fall from her mouth until Darrien takes her lips with his. His muscles tense under her and a groan of release fills her mouth from him. They both come down from their euphoria with sloppy slick kisses.

"You're really here."

"Tessa, of course I am," He says pulling her face down into the crook of his neck, "I hadn't heard from you since you'd come here."

"There's no cell service down here and they keep me insanely busy. Plus, we're not supposed to have cell phones and they're no pockets in these uniforms." Her words feel like feeble excuses but they're all she has to offer him. "I tried to send you a message today but the owner came up behind me before I could hit the button."

Darrien's sigh hits her in the gut. In the aftermath of their joining she'd been drifting in happiness. With his disappointment at her failure in the air she hits rock bottom quickly. A prickling heat builds up behind her eyes and she squeezes them shut hoping he won't notice she's tearing up.

"Are they suspicious?"

"I don't think so."

"Be careful, Tess."

She nods into his neck. The resentment she felt building up over her troubles getting word to him bleeds away when his hands rub comforting circles over her back.

"I can't be here long. My messages wouldn't go through so I'll just tell you now; My Boss and I will be coming to the celebration tomorrow. It won't be safe for you so stay down here."

The tears recede at his warning and she chances a look at Darrien. Pulling back she lets his face fill up her heart.

"I'll stay downstairs tomorrow, I'm mostly on laundry duty and dinner duty again so I shouldn't be near the main hall at all."

"You'll stay safe?"

"I can spend my break down here napping. I won't be any where near the hall."

Darrien's lips tip up in a pleased smile. His hands come up to frame her face before pulling her into a kiss that starts out sweet and turns dirty.

When he pulls away she's panting for breath and asking for more.

"Sir?"

"Yes?"

"You'll bring me back with you once this is all done, right?"

Tessa's insecurity humiliates her but she needs to know, that doesn't mean she can meet his eyes when she asks, though. The silence lingers for too long and she can hear him breathing in the quiet of the room. Eventually, she can't bear a moment longer and looks up to see him watching her with furrowed brows. His lips are tightened to almost non-existence. Never having seen this expression before she tries to lever herself off his lap. His hands tighten on her hips, holding her in place over him.

"You are mine."

Not expecting those words she relaxes into his grip.

"You belong at home with me and nowhere else. The initial spy plan was to hire someone to infiltrate long term. I asked to have you placed here because you wanted to help me. I asked for the job to be moved to short term because I wanted you back sooner. I asked for you to have a phone so you could contact me in case of an emergency." He said every word without releasing her eyes from his gaze.

"Never forget that you are precious to me."

She jolted back as though those words had hit her physically in the chest. The ache in her heart is a visceral pain. Tessa buries her face in her hands because the tears are coursing down her cheeks and she can't stop them. Darrien chokes out a worried noise and takes her wrist in his hands. He doesn't pull her hands from her face but instead soothes his thumbs across her pulse point. He makes a soft shushing noise and kisses over her fingers.

"Tess?"

"It's okay, I'm okay."

She hates how garbled her words come out around the lump in her throat. Precious, he said I'm precious to him and here I've been doubting him. I don't deserve him. I don't deserve this.

"I'm not good with this emotion thing. I just call things like I see them."

That just makes it all better/worse. Tessa wrings her emotions dry and wipes the tears awkwardly from her face. Awkward, because with every motion she takes Darrien's hands with hers. Releasing a sigh of humor and frustration she thumps her forehead on his shoulder.

"I don't deserve you." I did not mean to say that.

"That is absolutely untrue."

Tessa gives up before she begins to explain why she's such a bad gamble. Instead she kisses his, now tear stained, shoulder and leans back to give him a nod.

"I'll have to leave soon. I have another burner phone for you to take."

"My cell has the data in a draft for you."

"Will you be alright?"

"I'll stay safe," her answer an avoidance. He asked after her heart and she answered for her body. The sigh Darrien gives then lets her know he's caught on. Thankfully, he lets it drop with a wry smile. He nips her nose in chastisement. When she wrinkles her nose at him he gives that low laugh she's come to love.

xattackx888
xattackx888
108 Followers
12