Pony Tales - Clover - Day 29

Story Info
Part 29 of Clovers Journey into ponyplay at Tall Tails!
2.2k words
4.62
4.1k
1

Part 35 of the 42 part series

Updated 09/04/2023
Created 07/15/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Part 1: A Rough Arrival

By Firefly

Two weeks later and the crack of that first whip still echoed in her head. When she'd broken the newbie record for the basic steeple course. A record previously held by a pony named Twilight. It was a high she'd been riding for two weeks now and not one she thought she was going to let go of any time soon. It was becoming very clear that Clover was truly meant to sink into this role. She soaked up every bit of information thrown at her and put her best hoof forward in every test they threw at her. Of course, it wasn't without its challenges. She was still getting her fitness up to the right point, she was still a newbie and taking unnecessary risks at times, and to her detriment, she was stubborn and strong-headed. The kind of pony who would work herself into dangerous dehydration practicing a skill for hours on end just because she couldn't quite grasp a concept fully.

Today was one of the latter days. The last few days had been spent working on what was called Flower Dressage. An intricate series of patterns a pony was meant to listen to, and then walk a series of concentric circles in a specific way to complete the pattern. It wasn't the most physically demanding skill, instead, it tested a ponies mind and ability to interpret information on the fly. Clover was very quickly learning that a skill like this was significantly harder to pick up than the more physical ones. The physical skills she could simply practice for hours on end, could work herself into the dirt. But for this skill, it required her mind and being able to grasp the concepts presented to her and so far...she was doing a terrible job.

"STOP!" Two cracks of a whip followed the sharp voice of Eden.

Clover slammed her hooves into the dirt, coming to a stop atop one of the vibrant white lines painted onto the grass and turning to regard Eden with a frustrated snort.

Eden, having been working closely with Clover for two weeks now understood that look. Understood the pony's frustration. But she also knew she had to temper the pony's attitude. To get rid of that frustrating path. Eden walked over, hooking a finger in Clover's bridle and tugging hard until Clover was forced to stare into her eyes.

"We are done for today." Eden said flatly before waiting to gauge Clover's response.

Clover let out a snort of protest and stomped twice. She wasn't done. She wanted to get this skill down. Wanted to be able to work through it like everything else she'd learned so far. She shook her vibrant blonde mane out of her face, her sweat-slicked brow glistening in the sun like the beautifully shined catsuit she wore.

Eden drew in a slow breath, "I've told you before. Trying to force your way through this skill isn't going to work Clover. You have to understand it on an intellectual level first. This isn't some skill you can just push your way through with physical fortitude. Trying to learn it while frustrated is just going to make it worse."

Clover snorted loudly again, tugging against the finger holding her bridle.

The sudden crack of a crop forced the sound right back down her throat though as Eden's crop slammed into her side with a resounding 'crack'.

"One of these days, you're going to learn that when your trainer says you're done, you're done. Now I can take you for a drink, or you can spend the rest of the day tied to your favorite post until you're nothing but a cooked four-leaf Clover. The choice is yours. Water, or post?" Eden said this with a dangerous edge to her voice. An edge Clover had become familiar with. One that you didn't typically test. Unless of course, you were currently an overconfident and frustrated pony with something to prove.

Clover didn't even pause to consider the options. She snorted right in Eden's face and tugged her bridle free of the woman's finger, stepping backward and walking back towards the middle of the Flower Dressage ring. Steps that were interrupted rather aggressively when a hand caught the side of her bridle and yanked her around.

"No! You don't get to do that Clover. You've been taught better. I expect proper fucking manners even if you are frustrated! I should mare you for the next twenty-four hours for that. But then, I know how much you like your bloody pole. Now HEEL! And if you so much as stray a foot from me, I'll make sure that ass of yours glows as brightly as Firefly's mane. AM I UNDERSTOOD?!" Eden yelled the last part, her words tugging the eyes of several nearby trainers on the pair.

Clover stared at Eden for a long moment and then lifted her hoof, stomping once. The realization of how far she'd stepped out of line dawned on her as she followed Eden to the small enclosed field with its lone post and a camera to keep an eye on the occupant set up on a nearby pole.

Eden said nothing as she attached Clovers Bridle to the post with such a short length of line that she was forced to kneel beside the post instead of stand.

Kneeling down, Eden would grab Clover's chin and force her gaze upwards to her own again, "You know. You're talented. But you need to take a long hard look at that ego of yours and how you want people to view you in the future. Is it your intention to piss off every single trainer so that nobody wants to work with you? Because your attitude the last week has really been pushing me to write you off my list, Clover. You can think about that while you stay in this field today." Eden flicked Clover's nose eliciting a sharp cry from the girl and then stood up, throwing the gate shut behind her and stomping off towards the barn, leaving Clover kneeling there to consider her actions.

------------------------------------------------------------

Buried in paperwork as she was, Aria was not expecting a knock on the door of her office at this time of day. She looked up from her papers and after smoothing out her outfit a bit she leaned back and crossed her legs, "Come in." She called out.

Stepping into the office was none other than Eden, which made Aria raise an eyebrow as the woman was meant to be working with Clover at that current moment.

"Might...I have a word with you regarding Clover?" Eden asked, grinding her teeth a tiny bit.

Aria motioned for the woman to sit, "By all means. I'll assume it can't wait since you're meant to be working with her right now."

Eden nodded and slumped into her chair and rubbed her temples slightly, "She is...You know, she's an incredible pony. Made such great progress but, The more she learns and the better she gets. The more pig-headed she gets."

Aria raised an eyebrow, "Arrogant?" She asks calmly.

Eden nods, "Exactly. Like...she's kind of losing it a bit with her progress. Thinking she's better than the other ponies and trainers! Which is surprising because I didn't think she was that kind of person. I am at the end of my tether and I'm unsure how to proceed, I'd rather not lose her, she has the kind of drive that reminds me of...well...someone." Eden offers a smile at Aria.

Aria nods. Contemplating the woman's words for a long moment. She found it curious, to be reminded of herself when she was a younger pony. Excelling in almost everything she touched, getting arrogant. She had to wonder if they were long-lost twins or something, which was ridiculous considering their age gap. Aria turned, flipping open her laptop and pulling up the barn's camera feeds, flipping through until she saw Clover, kneeling beside the post.

"I want you to take the rest of the day off Eden."

"What...why?"

"Because, you've been working incredibly hard lately, especially with Clover and I'd rather your opinion of the pony not be soured. So take the day off, and relax. The pool was just finished and filled. Go take a dip, relax. Vienna is here today if you want a massage. I will personally handle Clover for the remainder of the day, She can be the demo pony in my flower demonstration. Perhaps this will help her better grasp the concept and calm her frustrations." Aria offered a bright smile.

"Are you su--..."

"Do I need to repeat myself, Eden?"

Eden shook her head, "No Miss Aria. My apologies. Thank you, I'll go relax for the day. Just...be careful with Clover ok? She deserves to be here."

Aria's smile softened and she nodded, waving at Eden dismissively and sending the woman out of her office before leaning back in her chair and glancing at a picture on her shelf. Of Twilight standing beside a proud-looking trainer who was holding up a Trophy with an intricate sculpture of flowers on it. She smiled to herself, "How many times did we get that sort of frustrated?" She mused before turning back to her paperwork.

It would seem she found her volunteer for the Flower Demonstration today.

--------------------------------------------------------------

What else was one supposed to do in the boiling hot sun but slump into a sweaty mess, letting her thoughts bounce around her head. Eden had guessed that Clover would calm down when leashed to the post. That the punishment would help her rethink her actions but the more Clover sat in the boiling sun, thankfully protected by her hair and the catsuit, the more frustrated she got.

~Why am I so frustrated?~

~Because this means more to me than I care to admit. For once in my life. I've found something I'm good at.~

~And yet, Flower and its rules escape me...~

~I need to do better. I WILL be the best...~

Clover was pulled from her constant stream of thoughts by a cool sensation smoothing over her nose. She eased her eyes open to see none other than Hayley kneeling in front of her, hands coated in a thin layer of sunscreen which she massaged carefully over Clover's face. When she was finished, she gathered up Clover's mane into a tight ponytail and offered a soft smile. A bottle with a steel straw was lifted up and pressed around Clover's bit, letting her sip greedily from an icy cold water bottle.

"Mmm...Can't have you get all burnt and dehydrated, now can we?" Asked Hayley with a soft giggle.

Clover let out a tiny nicker of response, both from heat exhaustion and refusal to acknowledge anyone at the current second.

Hayley raised a well-plucked eyebrow, "That rough of a day huh? Well, keep in mind. Not everyone is your enemy when you're frustrated, Clover." She smoothed her fingers through Clover's mane and let her finish the rest of the bottle of water before climbing to her feet and glancing over her shoulder at Aria standing at the gate, "There you go. One cooled off pony, physically anyway." Hayley said, tucking the water bottle into its little sleeve on her belt and walking out of the field, wiggling her fingers one last time at Clover before heading off towards a gathering crowd in the distance.

Clover frowned as she watched as Aria walked into the field, undoing the lead and snapping her fingers, "Up. On your feet."

Clover pushed her hooves under her, shakily pushing upwards.

Aria stood over her "Oh come now. You can push enough to frustrate my toughest groom but you can't push enough after a few hours in the sun? Get up, Clover."

Aria's voice was firm and demanding. Clover nickered and pushed harder, forcing herself to her feet, thankful now for the cooling sunscreen that had been massaged into her face. She stared at Aria for a long moment as she stood there.

"So. I understand you've been struggling with flower. This is your lucky day, I've done a lot of this and I happen to be running a flower demonstration for the barn today. Guess what I need a pony who isn't quite up to snuff. Guess who volunteered themself as my demo pony by being rude to their trainer" Aria said this with an amused smile, but as she stared into Clover's eyes. She knew this was not just a surface problem. This whole thing was really eating at her.

Clover let out a long sigh and turned her gaze to the side, avoiding Arias.

She got the impression that the pony was going to be her.

Clover's face said it all "Great. Now I get to look like an idiot in front of everyone..."

A sharp crack of a crop on her backside forced her gaze back with an indignant whinny of surprise.

"Pay attention. Now come along, we've got a crowd to teach. Heel." She tugged at Clover's lead and walked out of the field and off towards the gathering crowd with Clover reluctantly following along behind her.

How this would go, was anyone's guess.