Poseidon's Gift

Story Info
A retelling of a Greek myth.
4.6k words
4.39
6.8k
9
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

* The following is a reimagined telling of a Greek Myth. I have taken liberties with the story, it in no way is an interpretation of the famous myth.

It came to be in the waning days of King Asterion; ruler of Crete, a benevolent and wise king; he must select an heir to the throne. While Lord Minos was his eldest, he also knew that Lord Sarpedon was also a very capable leader. In order to give both of his proud sons an equal opportunity to the throne, he devised a series of three trials for the young men. King Asterion knew that each of his sons would be better placed on the throne and would more likely accept the judgment if they believed the better man won.

The first trial was of strength and endurance. The two young men had to race from the capital of Knossos to the western tip of Crete, down the southern coast, to the eastern tip and back again to Knossos. King Asterion stood with the two young men and gave the same counsel. "Pick your path wisely, for the shorter path may be more treacherous, while the longer path may lull you to a false confidence." Both of the young men thought and considered his sage advice, then nodded their understanding. They stepped to the markers on western road. Ahead of them, Queen Europa, wife of Asterion, dropped an azure scarf. The strapping youths bolted down the road. The King and Queen retired to the palace to await their return.

Both ran side by side for a league, they came to a fork in the road. One towards the hills, the other towards the coast. Minos chose the hills, while Sharpedon chose the coast. Minos found the hills a harder road, as it was an incline and rockier by far, making his progress difficult. Sharpedon found the coastal road paved and smooth, but soon came to village after village. Young women came out to see the King's sons race. The young women were also keen to catch the eyes of a prince, and be swept away from village life. So it was that both princes had a difficult road. When they neared the western coast, a magistrate lit a pyre. He added leaves of the carmine vine, and the smoke rose in a red hue. Sarpedon was in the lead.

The brothers continued along their paths, and when they reached the southern side of the island, a magistrate lit a torch infused with borax powder; the smoke rose with a yellow hue; the young princes were tied at the halfway mark. On they ran, fleet of foot, native to the island of Crete. Their feet only now feeling the duress of their first trial. So it was when they reached the eastern tip of the island, again a magistrate spied the lads, and lit a pyre anew. He threw copper dust on to the flames and the smoke rose in the winds carrying a blue hue. Minos was ahead of his brother.

King Asterion and Queen Europa waited at the palace, servants would bring them news of the race. They nodded at the news, Queen Europa vacillated with each turn of the results. King Asterion simply nodded to the servant and reserved judgment. As the boys reached the eastern marker, and news was brought to them Europa predicted Minos would win, the prodigal son. Asterion merely stroked his beard and made no indication of what he felt.

An hour after the third smoke had flown, the King and Queen walked to the steps of the palace to await their sons. They could hear the scrape of sandals on the sand covered road. They looked at the last length of road. The two princes were side by side for a stretch before Sarpedon took the lead, until Minos rallied and overtook his brother.

"I knew it!" Europe clapped. Asterion stroked his beard without comment.

When the two young men came closer Sarpedon overtook Minos for the last stretch. He arrived by a mere stride ahead of his older brother. Both were panting and breathing hard from the ordeal. Servants came with fresh water and wet towels to assist them. They gladly reached for the water, drinking in the cool refreshing liquid. Young women wiped their bodies down with cool towels as they eventually caught their breath.

"Victory is yours brother!" cheered Minos. "You chose the better path!"

"Nay, Minos!" Sarpedon gasped. "For we were side by side many times. The sight of mother gave me strength, I knew not I had. But for her standing here, surely you would have won!"

The boys embraced, proud of each other's accomplishment. Minstrels would write ballads of the boys foot race, and would be sung in many a dining hall for years to come.

King Asterion placed a laurel on Sarpedon's head, proclaiming him the victor. "Sleep well my sons! For tomorrow you will face the trial of knowledge."

The rising of the sun brought the two boys together in their father's great hall. They were well rested and bathed for the next challenge. In the hall were five philosophers that would test and judge the young learned men. The first part of the test was to choose a token. On a table were a variety of objects for the lads to choose from.

"I chose this river stone, for it has been shaped by the river's water, yet it remains solid and strong," said Minos.

"I choose this olive branch, for it nourishes our people and supports our village homes," said Sarpedon.

The philosophers gathered and debated their choices. When they agreed, they declared Minos the winner of the first round. Next, each of them was questioned by a philosopher, starting with grammar. Then followed by logic, which led to arithmetic, and astronomy. Music was judged by their ability to play a lyre or sing a ballad. They finished with rhetoric. After each round, a winner of the round was declared. Minos had won three rounds, just as Sarpedon had won three.

When it came to rhetoric, Minos was better spoken and more convincing in his arguments. Minos won the round, and therefore the challenge.

"Well met brother," said Sarpedon, "you are clearly wiser and more experienced than I!"

"Nay Sarpedon," Minos countered, "you are equally well trained and educated. Were it not for fathers guidance, these past years, I surely would have been bested by you in rhetoric."

The brothers embraced, glad for the challenge and the camaraderie of these challenges.

"Rest well my sons, for tomorrow you face the final trial; the trial of the gods!"

The son rose the next day and King Asterion with his wife Europa met the two young men at the steps of the palace. Europa now saw the great wisdom of her husband, for the trials had united her boys in wishing the best for the other. When the trials were decided, neither would have recriminations against the other. Moreover, the god would tip the scales in the final trial.

"My good sons, it makes my heart proud to see such worthy men to assume the throne. Whoever the gods bless the greater today, will become the next King of Crete. I will advise you for a year, then retire from the palace to let you lead this great nation."

"You must beseech a god of your choice, and should that god bestow a blessing, whichever is the greater blessing will be my heir!" spoke Asterion.

Both princes bowed to their mother and father, then left the palace. Minos went to the fields and gathered 100 bulls. He took them to the sea and sacrificed them to Poseidon. Saying,

"Great and honorable Poseidon, god of the seas and oceans! I sacrifice these 100 bulls in your honor so that you might bless me with a gift!"

Sarpedon climbed to the rocky tops of the highest promontory on the island. He caught 100 eagles and sacrificed them to Zeus. Saying,

"Great and honorable Zeus, god of the skies and father of the gods! I sacrifice these 100 eagles in your honor so that you might bless me with a gift!"

As the blood drained into the ocean, the waters frothed and boiled before Minos. Out of the water came a magnificent ivory bull, unlike the which had been seen before or after. The ocean winds carried a voice and it whispered...

"Take this bull, and sacrifice it to me if you should become King Minos, and your kingdom will be blessed with peace."

As the blood drained upon the mountainous crags, the rocks and stones cracked and parted before Sarpedon. Out of the earth, came a breathtaking golden ram, unlike the which had been seen before or after. The chill mountain air carried a voice and it roared...

"Take this ram, and sacrifice it to me if you should become King Sarpedon, and your kingdom will be blessed with conquest of your neighboring tribes."

Both Princes returned to the palace by nightfall. The palace steps were lit by torches, and the King and Queen awaited their return. They both arrived at the same time, stepping forward with their gifts. The gathered audience of the royal house gasped collectively at the sight before them. Truly, the gods had blessed them both.

"My sons! You have sought and gained the favor of the gods. Tell me which god has favored you and why?"

Sarpedon spoke first, "I sought the favor of Zeus, the father of the gods and the sky. I sacrificed 100 eagles. He will bless me with the conquest of neighboring tribes!"

Minos said, "I sought the favor of Poseidon, god of the seas and oceans. I sacrificed 100 bulls. He will bless me with peace for our nation!"

King Asterion rose and raised his hands to the skies. "Hear me, Hear me...the gods have spoken. Minos you will be king for it is far better to live in peace than it is to chain your neighbor to slavery."

Minos was lifted by his amazing bull, and it roared in triumph.

"And what of me, my father?" asked Sarpedon.

"You have been truly blessed my son, go and raise a flock of sheep with your golden ram. You will remain a General in the Cretian army, and become rich beyond others with your boon!"

Sarpedon would go on to become a master general, and his ram would produce the Golden Fleece, but that belongs to another tale.

Minos stood before his father, "I swear to Poseidon that in one year, when you retire father, I will sacrifice this bull in your honor!"

***************

In that year, Minos ruled well under the tutelage of his father. He would wed Pasiphae as his queen. But as time passed, Minos regretted his vow. He envied his brother for he kept his golden ram as a gift and did indeed become wealthy with his flock of sheep.

Minos sought far and wide until he found a albino bull. He had this bull secreted to his stables, and hid Poseidon's gift in a secret garden. The year passed, and he sacrificed the albino bull and held a great feast for his father.

In the depths of the ocean, Poseidon brooded for he was not fooled by the albino bull. He would bide his time.

One year after King Asterion's retirement, King Minos was forced to go to war to protect his borders. He sent Sarpedon, who quelled the rebellion, but even as he did so, another threat arose. King Minos led his own personal army against this new threat. As he left the palace, he confided to his Queen Pasiphae about his magical white bull. He instructed her to keep his secret, and that only she could feed and care for him

Poseidon, deep in his watery depths, smiled as he knew his time had come.

***************

The first time Pasiphae saw the White Bull, she was beside herself with wonder. It truly was a gift of the gods. It stood head and shoulders above a normal bull, and its mane had a golden hue. The stable was reinforced beyond that of a normal stable for surely it could not contain him otherwise. As she fed him oats and barley, it sniffed at her and licked her hand. For such a large beast, it was mild and tame around her. As she came to feed him every day, she became enamored of its strength and beauty. She spoke kind and loving words to it, treating it like a companion rather than a beast of burden.

She came one day, as usual, and fed it and gave it water. She brushed its mane and braided the hair along its massive neck. The bull was sniffing her again, and its nostrils started sniffing her loins.

"What are you looking for? Hmm? That is not for you." she chided him before leaving.

That night, she dreamt a lover had taken her. He trust a gigantic lingam into her repeatedly, making her cry in ecstasy. When she looked up to see who her lover was, the face of a godly white bull stood over her. She awoke, wet with sweat as the dream receded from her memory. The sheets were wet with her feminine fluids. She tried to sleep again, but it eluded her.

The next day, she hesitated approaching the white bull. As she fed him, he acted no different from the previous days. After brush is hair, she spoke to him as usual, but this time asked,

"Did you send me that dream? Are you telling me something?"

The bull snorted, and dipped its head, seemingly in the affirmative.

"What do you seek?" she asked, petting and scratching his head.

He again sniffed at her loins, but this time it prodded her, almost lifting her up as it opened her legs.

She stepped back, shocked. She looked around but there was no need since the stable and adjoining garden was a secret. Now she approached the bull, her heart racing, she lifted her tunic, until her loins were visible. The bull stepped forward and licked her crevice with its rough tongue.

She stepped back, shocked at its almost human lust. Then she stepped forward, lifting her tunic again and raising her leg. The bull licked her crevice again, and since she did not step back, continued to lick her with greater speed and tempo. Her salty waters issued from her lips, the bull lapping up her juices. Then her body convulsed as she experienced something she never had before. She took many breaths to calm herself, before kissing the bull between the eyes and walking away.

That night, in her dream, she floated in a soft river of milk. She could feel its tender touch and her skin felt revitalized by it. She drank some, and it tasted like milk and honey. As she floated, she looked up and saw the milk was issuing from the white bulls member.

She woke up with a start. She was dismayed and aroused by her dream. So when she went to see the bull the next day, once again feeding him and giving him water, she asked,

"What are you doing to me? Why are you sending me those dreams?"

He snorted and again sniffed her loins, nudging her again between her legs. She didn't raise her tunic this time. She looked around and found an empty bucket. She placed it under his member, and reached under the bull. He cupped his testicles and softly massaged them. His pizzle hardened, and the red rod slid out its sheath. She continued her soft massage of its scrotum, and used her other hand to softly stroke its shaft. The bull lowed, a deep masculine low. It stood still, and its rod ejected a bountiful amount of semen, most of which was caught in the bucket.

She reached for the cream left on its tip, and licked it off her fingers. She picked up the bucket, and returned to the palace. That night, she used the hidden bucket to rub its semen on her face, her upper torso and arms, including her breasts.

She didn't dream that night, but when she arose, all her handmaidens commented on how beautiful her skin was. They said she was radiant and glowed with a divine luster. Before going to feed the bull, she wrote a missive. She called for her best messenger and presented him with a sealed scroll.

"Take this to the philosopher Daedalus. I summon him under the most discrete circumstances." She paid him in gold coins.

***************

After a month of travel, Daedalus arrived at the Palace of Knossos to speak with the queen. The war still raged as Minos and Sarpedon fought against a worthy foe. When Daedalus entered the throne room, he asked,

"How may I serve you good Queen Pasiphae?" as he bowed.

"They tell me you are the greatest craftsman of our age, nay the world. Is this so?"

"I have a reputation for solving problems others fail at. I have crafted many ingenious devices, it is true."

"Then attend to me in this matter," she signaled him to come closer. "I am in need of a harness, of sorts, and you will craft it for me, with the utmost discretion," she whispered.

"Of course my lady," he bowed again. "What is the nature of this harness, if I might ask?"

"You will find out tomorrow."

The next day, after swearing Daedalus to secrecy (the same Daudalus that would fashion wings for himself and his son), she walked him through the secret garden and showed him the godly bull. As he approached, the bull reared and snorted violently.

She stepped before the bull and whispered sweet words to it and it calmed immediately. Turning to the philosopher, she instructed him to build a harness so that the bull might bed her.

"Surely, that is forbidden my queen?" Daedalus cringed.

"I have had visions, I believe sent by Poseidon. I must discover the extent of these visions." she explained.

"My queen, I simply cannot assist you with this. It would be blasphemy."

She parted her tunic, showing him her loins, "I will pay you in more than gold, but you will do this!"

"Very well, I should need a fortnight to complete this task." He measured the stables, and drew the construction of it. He gave her a list of things he would need to create what she asked.

That night, the queen was bedded by Daedalus. After he spilled his seed in her she dismissed him to his chambers. She rinsed herself out with bitter waters to kill his seed. Only her magical bulls seed would fertilize her womb.

Once the material were gathered Daedalus created a leather harness that would allow her to recline, suspended under the bull. He also built a stand so the bull could stand its front feet higher by a foot.

She paid him again that night, with a conjugal visit and gold. In the morning, Daedalus departed for his home. He muttered, "nothing good will come from this."

***************

The next day, she walked slowly to the stables, savoring every step. The bull heard her approach, and snorted in recognition. She gave him his food and water, and as she brushed his mane, he nudged her loins.

"Yes, I think it's time as well." she spoke in a sultry voice.

She parted her tunic and the bull immediately licked her slice. She opened her leg and let him taste her moist vulva. Once she climaxed, now that she was used to his attention, she led him to where the harness was. She had him stand on the mount, and then untied the harness so it was under him, then tied it up again. She dropped her tunic when she saw he seemed to understand what was about to happen. Standing there nude, she massaged its scrotum, but just a little, just enough to make his pubis rigid and hard. She saw her godly bull was stiff, she slid into the harness. The tip of its pizzle at her entrance. She had barely slid into the harness when the bull took her by force.

His large phallus injected into her, making her scream both with pleasure and pain. It was so large, he tore some of her vaginal wall and rectum. It's hot breath snorted down on her, and it's chest heaved as it bucked into her. The harness carried her and swayed with the bulls' copulation. Gritting her teeth, she bore the pain and waited for its sweet release. Long she waited as it grunted and pushed into her. She thought she would not be able to bear any more pain, when she felt a splash inside her. Everything in her nether felt sticky, like she had been coated with honey.

The bull stood still, as she climbed out from the harness. Her legs were weak, but she managed to set the harness aside, and take her bull back to the stable.

That night, she dreamed of hot passion and carnal lust. She dreamed of multiple lovers, all with the face of a bull. The next day, she didn't bother feeding him, but walked him over to the stand, and entered the harness again. Surprisingly, she seemed better able to cope with his gigantic shaft. The bull entered her again and bedded her just as savagely as before. Each time she visited the bull, she limped away, but continued to return to her godly lover day after day for weeks.

12