Promises Made and Promises Kept Pt. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

***

In the morning, I woke up the best way possible: spooned up against Judy, her arm over my ribs loosely cupping my breast. I listened to her breathing, feeling loved and secure. I wriggled my ass into her groin, loving the contact. I heard Judy's breathing speed up, and her hand tightened on my breast. I smiled, knowing I would soon enjoy having breakfast with the woman I planned to spend the rest of my life with.

***

I really looked forward to Monday morning. I took a few extra minutes on my toilet before going down to get breakfast. Grace was already up and making breakfast for Kathy and Mark, so she just grabbed another plate and had me sit down and join them. I quickly ate because I wanted to get to work early. I couldn't help but look down at the ring on my left hand and think about what it meant.

When I got into work, I exchanged greetings with Peggy before nearly running up the stairs in my eagerness to get to my office. When I reached it, Cathy was already at her desk. When she saw me coming up to her desk, a big smile came over her face. When I held up my left hand, and she saw the ring on my finger, she practically gasped and said, "Oh my god, Virginia. It's beautiful!"

Cathy grabbed my hand to look at it closer before she let my hand go and said, "Congratulations, Virginia!"

"Thanks, Cathy," I said as I headed into my office. "Are there any changes to my calendar this morning?"

"No," Cathy said. "Your morning is still open."

"Great," I thought to myself. I turned on my computer and grabbed my tea mug before heading down to the break room. I wanted to have some time to adjust to the fact I'm now in a committed relationship. When I walked up to Judy's office, I saw Sue was at her desk, and I stopped to see her. Sue smiled when she saw me, and when I held up my left hand, she saw the ring and smiled even more as she said, "Congratulations, Virginia! It's a beautiful ring!"

"Thanks, Sue," I said and turned just as Judy was walking up, a big smile on her face. I resisted the urge to pull Judy in for a kiss as Judy held out her left hand to Sue. Again, Sue smiled and said, "Congratulations, Judy. I'm so happy for you!"

We went into Judy's office, and I closed the door after me. Judy put her bag down as I set my tea mug down. She turned to me as I stepped up and wrapped my arms around her, my head tilted up so our lips could meet. The feel of her lips on mine and her body on mine sent a thrill through me. It was as though this was the first time we had ever kissed. "This will never get old," I thought to myself before I lost myself in the sensations of kissing this remarkable woman.

Eventually, we broke our kiss and stepped back, both of us breathing heavily to get air in our lungs. Judy turned and quickly turned her computer on. We grabbed our mugs and headed over to the break room. When we got there, Cathy and Sue were already there with big smiles on their faces.

They both came up to us, and we exchanged hugs as they both congratulated us. When we broke apart, Sue grabbed both of our left hands and held them side by side so that she and Cathy could see both rings. They "oohed" and "ahhed" over them while we both stood there smiling. Finally, Sue let go, and we got our mugs filled before we went back to work.

When it was time for the staff meeting, I headed to the conference room and met Judy outside the door. We walked in together and sat down next to each other. We both nodded to the other attendees and said, "Good morning," to those who greeted us. I'm sure several of them picked up that something had happened between us, but nobody said anything. When Steve walked in and started the meeting, everything went smoothly. While the leads were giving their reports, I noticed that Steve looked at us with a smile. I'm sure he had seen the matching rings on our fingers, and he gave me a slight nod when I smiled back at him.

After the meeting, Steve called Judy and me over to him. He smiled at us and congratulated us. We both thanked Steve and assured him it would not affect our working relationship, and he just smiled and said he had no doubt of that. Steve was happy for both of us. We both thanked him before we turned to leave. We headed back to our offices, looking forward to lunch.

May 1995

By now, Steve was comfortable with our relationship and how we've kept it on the down-low and not making a big deal out of it. He has seen that our relationship hasn't affected our work or our interactions with other groups we interfaced with. I was willing to keep it quiet because I had hidden my relationship with Bonnie while in the Air Force, but I know it chafed Judy. She was proud of our relationship and didn't like keeping it quiet. However, she understood the politics involved in our work with DoD programs. We would be working with people who had to profess disapproval of our lifestyle, whether they actually did or not. We have made our relationship known to our co-workers, one person at a time, and so far, no one we worked with on a day-to-day basis has had an issue with it.

Mira Costa's swim team won their conference and again qualified for the state finals in Sacramento this year. Judy invited me to come with them to Sacramento and attend the meet. I was looking forward to going. The meet would last for three days, so we planned to spend the week up there. Judy and I put in our vacation requests. I made sure Sally was going to be available to stand in for me while I was gone.

Amy and Emily had qualified for every individual event. They also qualified for the free and medley relays for the school. Amy had also qualified for the individual medley events. Despite having three days for the event, Amy and Emily couldn't participate in every event, so they had to plan which ones they would enter with the best chances to win. Since Amy was the current state record holder for the butterfly, and Emily was the current state record holder for the 100-yard freestyle, they took all of those events. They also planned to participate in the medley relay events. Also, Amy was going to compete in the 4x50 yard individual medley event.

On Sunday, we flew up to Sacramento. We settled into our rooms at the Comfort Inn and Suites just off Lincoln Highway near California State University - Sacramento. Judy and I would share a room, and Amy and Emily would share a room. The first thing we did was scout out the swimming venue at the nearby University. Once we had checked everything out, we went back to the hotel to get ready for dinner. Other swim team members and their parents had arrived while we were gone, so we spent some time catching up with them.

Several other families joined us at the nearby El Pollo Loco, a Mexican restaurant chain in all of California's major cities. I had eaten there before and enjoyed their food. Judy and I had a great time talking to the other parents while the girls sat around talking and giggling like girls always do. Finally, we broke up and headed back to the hotel. The swimming wouldn't start until Tuesday, so Judy and I planned what we wanted to do tomorrow while the girls practiced at the pool with the rest of their team.

After checking in with the girls one last time, we retired to our room. I made sure the "Do Not Disturb" sign was on the door before I locked up. I had plans for Judy and me for the night, and I didn't want to be disturbed. We performed our toilet before going to bed. I had packed my strap-on, and I was going to pleasure Judy into submission with it. I was still learning to use it, despite preferring to use my fingers, tongue, and lips because Judy loved it. I've gotten used to the straps after figuring out how to tighten them up without chaffing myself.

Making love with Judy has really expanded my horizons. She was much more willing than I was to try something new. I still haven't worked up the nerve to let Judy use the strap-on on me, but I know I will eventually. Judy's enthusiasm in bed was infectious, and I was really looking forward to trying new things with her.

Just then, Judy came out of the bathroom. When she saw me lying there with the strap-on in place, her face lit up, and I knew then we were going to have a great night of sex.

We had planned to sleep in the following day, but a loud knock on the door disabused that. I yelled out, "Just a minute," while I threw on a robe. I cracked the door and saw Amy and Emily standing there. "What's up," I asked, blinking my eyes from the bright sunshine.

"Virginia," Amy said, "We're going down to the breakfast room. I just wanted to let you know."

"Okay," I said. "Your mom and I will be down in a little bit."

"Okay," Amy said before she and Emily headed off.

I shut the door and groaned as I headed into the bathroom to start my toilet. Judy joined me, and we had a fun time in the shower together. We dressed and headed down to the breakfast room. When we got there, we found Amy and Emily at a table having an animated conversation with the other girls as they enjoyed their breakfast.

We got our food and took our own table, not wanting to break up the synergy Amy, Emily, and the other girls enjoyed. Looking over to them, I remarked, "I'm glad they're having so much fun."

Judy looked over at them, a smile on her face as she said, "Yes, I am, too." Looking back at me, Judy then said, "Everything is just going so well, and I'm almost afraid a shoe is going to drop and mess everything up."

I took Judy's hand in mine and said, "I know that feeling, but I'm going to trust that God led us to this point for a reason. It's up to us to make it work."

"Yes," Judy said, smiling at me. "Whatever it takes, my love."

"Whatever it takes," I echoed, smiling back at Judy.

After breakfast, we had to take Amy and Emily over to the venue for practice. Judy and I planned to head to the Arden Mall to do some shopping. This was a big mall so we would have a lot of places to shop.

Amy and Emily would be at the pool until about 4 PM, so we planned to leave the mall at 3 PM. Judy and I enjoyed browsing the shops, especially clothing stores. We spent a lot of time trying on outfits that took our fancy, modeling them for each other.

After lunch in the food court, Judy and I decided to spend some time in Victoria's Secret. We had a blast finding lingerie to model for each other. Watching Judy try on some of the more risqué outfits made me hot and tingly. We ended up buying several different pieces; bras, panties, garter belts, and thigh highs. I will admit a couple of the pieces were purchased out of guilt since we had christened them with our juices from being turned on from the show we gave each other. The girl ringing us up just smiled as she bagged up our purchases.

After stashing our packages in the back, we headed back to the swimming pool to pick up Amy and Emily. After a short wait, they came out and jumped in the car. They looked tired, so we headed back to the hotel. When we got there, Amy and Emily went to their room to change and rest. Judy and I grabbed our packages out of the car and rushed back to our room. The sexual tension built up during our shopping needed relief, so we spent some time scratching that itch.

When it was time for dinner, we got together to figure out where to go for dinner. We ended up going to a Korean BBQ place recommended by several of the other parents. We went there and enjoyed it very much. When we finished, we headed back to the hotel. Amy and Emily were both competing tomorrow and needed their rest.

We all got up early Tuesday morning since the swimming events were starting in the morning. Due to the number of teams competing, there would be several trials for each event to narrow the field down to eight swimmers for the final. Amy was swimming in the 50-yard and 200-yard butterfly events today, while Emily was swimming in the 50-yard and 200-yard freestyle events. Tomorrow, Amy would swim in the 100-yard butterfly and the 4 x 50-yard individual medley events, while Emily would swim in the 100-yard and 400-yard freestyle events. On Thursday, both would be swimming in the 4 x 50-yard and 4 x 100-yard medley relay events.

In the morning trials, Amy won both of her events and made the finals. Emily also won both of her races and made the finals. Several of the other Mira Costa swimmers made their finals also, so we would have plenty of events to cheer for in the afternoon. Due to the number of participants and spectators, we didn't get a chance to talk to Amy and Emily between events.

After lunch, we eagerly awaited the first event for Amy. It was the final for the 50-yard butterfly. Amy had had the best time in the morning trials and got Lane 4. We waited for the start with bated breath. When the gun went off, it was a clean start, and Amy immediately took the lead, making the turn first. She came storming down to the finish and touched first by several seconds. When they announced a new state high school record was set, cheers erupted from the Mira Costa parents.

Not to be outdone, Emily won her 50-yard freestyle event, just missing the state high school record by 0.6 seconds. Since she would have two more years of competing, Emily would own that record before graduating from Mira Costa. Mira Costa also took second in the 50-yard breaststroke but failed to medal in the 50-yard backstroke.

Later in the afternoon, Amy won the 200-yard butterfly, setting another state high school record. Emily also won the 200-yard freestyle, again just missing the state record by less than one second. Mira Costa was ahead in points once all of the day's events were done, mainly thanks to Amy and Emily's wins. Mira Costa also managed a third-place finish in the 200-yard breaststroke. They were later awarded a third-place finish in the 200-yard backstroke when the third-place finisher was disqualified for improperly making the last turn in the race.

After the events for the day were all finished, Amy and Emily came out to join us. Amy was ecstatic, but Emily was bummed that she missed setting the state records. However, her natural bubbly personality soon re-emerged. By the time we were finished with dinner, Emily was laughing and having fun with the rest of us. We retired soon after dinner because tomorrow would be the most challenging day for both of them.

Wednesday dawned, and we got up early and had Amy and Emily at the venue at 8 AM. Again, the trials would occur in the morning and the finals in the afternoon. Both Amy and Emily qualified for the finals by winning their trials. Several other girls from their team also qualified for the finals in their events.

After lunch, we watched Amy and Emily both easily win their 100-yard events. Amy set another state record, and Emily again just missed her state record. I saw the look of determination on her face as Emily prepared for her last event of the day, the 400-yard freestyle. When I talked to Judy about it, she agreed that Emily was frustrated but wouldn't let it get her down. "She's very good at channeling that frustration into productive activity," Judy said. "I think she's going to make a good try at the record in the 400."

Amy was getting set for her final in the 4 x 50-yard individual medley. In this event, Amy would be swimming all four strokes, the butterfly, the backstroke, the breaststroke, and the freestyle, in that order. Since Amy was the state record holder in the butterfly, it was expected that she'd get out to a big lead. Then Amy would have to hold on through the next two strokes before the freestyle. Only Emily had beaten Amy in the freestyle times this year, so she had a good shot at the victory if she was still close to the lead.

I was thrilled at the look of concentration Amy had when she came up to her stating block. Emily had huddled with her and had helped her get her warrior face on. When the gun went off, it was a clean start, and Amy shot into the lead, going nearly the entire length of the pool before surfacing and stroking. Amy made the turn and stormed back down the lane, earning a 10-yard lead before switching to the backstroke. By the time Amy finished with the backstroke, she still held the lead by 5 yards. Doing the breaststroke, Amy kept her lead by a yard before starting the freestyle lap. From there on, she slowly pulled away and finished 10 yards ahead at the finish. When the times were announced, we saw that Amy had broken her state record for the 50-yard butterfly and just missed the state record for the 4 x 50-yard individual medley.

Judy and I jumped up and hugged each other when the results were announced, and Emily ran up and nearly pulled Amy out of the pool in excitement. They hugged and then turned and waved to us before heading back to their teammates.

Finally, Emily's event, the 400-yard freestyle, was called. As she approached the starter block, the look of determination on her face was a sight to behold. As the swimmers crouched there waiting for the gun to go off, I found myself holding my breath. I took Judy's hand in mine and started squeezing it. The gun went off, and it was a clean start. Emily hit the water, and when she came up to start stroking, she was already in the lead. Emily steadily pulled away from the rest of the field. As they called the intermediate times, Emily was on track to beat the state record. By the time Emily had made her last turn, she was two seconds ahead of the state record. At the touch, Emily had beaten the state record by over three seconds and was over half the length of the pool from her nearest competitor. Emily nearly leaped out of the water when she saw her time, and Amy ran over to reach down and hug her. I let go of Judy's hand, and we jumped up and embraced again, so happy for Emily.

After two days of competition, Mira Costa was still leading in the standings. If they win the two medley races tomorrow, they will win the state championship. When Amy and Emily joined us, they were both so happy. We all congratulated both of them, and hugs were made all around.

We had dinner and turned in early again. After the events tomorrow, we'd be able to spend time together Friday before we head back home on Saturday. Judy and I turned in, still exhilarated from cheering on Amy and Emily. We pleasured each other to several orgasms before we could get to sleep.

In the morning, we all met in the breakfast room. Amy and Emily ate enough for four people getting ready for the races today. Today's team events would determine which team would win the championship. Once everyone was ready, we headed over to the swimming pool.

The team events wouldn't take more than half a day, so we should be done in time for lunch. The first event was the 4x50-yard medley relay. There were two trials where the top three from each one would qualify for the final plus the following two fastest teams. Mira Costa barely won their race, but Amy and Emily didn't go all out, just fast enough to qualify. When it was time for the final, Mira Costa was in Lane 6. Right from the start, in the backstroke, Mira Costa took the lead. After the breaststroke, they were still ahead by two yards. Amy increased the lead to half the pool, and Emily finished the race off by almost the pool's length. When it was announced that they had set a new state record, we all jumped up and hugged each other. All of the girls from the team ran up and hugged the four girls.

The 4x100 yard medley relay was pretty much a repeat of the 4x50 yard medley relay. Mira Costa won handily and set another state record in doing so. Having talked it over last night, Amy and Emily decided to compete in the 4x200 yard medley relay, even though they hadn't originally signed up for it. Amy wanted to finish her career on a high note, and Emily felt strong enough to do it. They didn't compete in the trials, but Mira Costa did just make the final. When it was announced that they would compete in the final, a buzz went up through the crowd since they hadn't been expected to compete.

1...345678