Promises Pt. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I mean every word.

Anna grips me even tighter. "And I love you too, Peter. You're more than just my best friend now, and I want to be your wife for as long as we live."

* * * * *

The engineers at IWSS are sharp, and with just a week left on my contract I'm confident that they've got things under control. As a matter of fact, they've made some improvements that I wish I'd thought of. While I'm totally available to answer any of their questions, I've been spending a lot of my time there working on my next project.

I'm going to need to prototype some things in my shop over the weekend, and it looks like I'm going to be able to devote all my time to it. Anna needs to fly to South Carolina to meet with a client on Saturday and, reluctantly, we're going to be spending a weekend apart for the first time since we were married.

I leave work a little early on Friday and get in a good eight hours of machining before retiring to the loft. I pull my laptop out and start refining some models in my CAD program. I'm also playing some of the Mexico recordings on the big screen while I work.

I went through the videos from our hotel room when I was putting together a montage for Teri to see. Those were the only ones where Kira and I actually wore clothes. I'd figured that seeing us in the nude would be a bit much for Teri.

I've been watching the later videos from the bungalow a little bit at a time, and now I've arrived at the scene where Anna and I make a baby. I haven't watched this part before. I turn and give the screen my full attention.

Kira's lying on her back on top of a sheet-clad Anna. I'm on my elbows, hovering over both of them. Kira and I are kissing. The mic is sensitive enough to pick up our low voices.

"I love you, Kira Zwilling."

"And I love you, Peter Malakhov. Promise me something?"

"Anything, Kira."

"If something bad happens that takes me away from you, please don't give up on me. Don't ever let me forget."

"Of course, but what could possibly take you away from me?"

"I can't imagine what it could be, but promise me anyway?"

"Kira, if something bad happens that takes you away from me, I promise I will never give up on you, no matter what."

"Thank you, Peter. Now make love with me."

I pause the video and sit in stunned silence. "Don't ever let me forget," she'd said. I'd completely missed that part at the time, but it changes everything. Kira had somehow known that she'd lose all memory of us. She had begged me to never give up on her, even if she forgot me.

But then I had. The guilt hits me like a ton of bricks.

My engineering project is forgotten. It doesn't matter now that Teri has asked me to leave her alone, and that silly restraining order now means nothing. I made a promise to the first woman I ever loved that I would always come for her, no matter what. And I'm going to do exactly that.

I'll have to be smarter this time, though. Lord only knows what added layers of security her parents have added to keep me away. And even if I succeed in opening a method of communication, then what?

I try to imagine Teri sitting right in front of me. What would I say to her? How could I explain what Kira and I meant to each other and about the promise I'd made her?

In the end, I can think of nothing better than to have her see, or at least listen to, that one short conversation. It would demonstrate that Kira had been very much in love. It would show that she had been the one to ask this of me and why I'd been so irrationally persistent. Most of all, it would make Teri aware that the person she becomes during her "episodes" is real and has her own thoughts and desires, and that she desperately wants Teri to know about them.

I decide that if I can get Teri to listen to that conversation, the rest will be up to her. She will have to decide what, if anything, she's going to do with this knowledge. I can do no more.

There's a major problem with that, though. I can't think of any way to contact her that wouldn't be considered a violation of the restraining order. This would probably even extend to having Anna contact her, not that I would let my wife risk having her own record blotted by another restraining order.

Then it hits me. Maybe Anna and I can't contact Teri, but I know someone who could. It's that high school girlfriend of hers. But what was her name? Even with as good a memory as I have, it takes me a minute. Ah, yes. Bethany. Bethany Kozlowski. If I could talk Bethany into playing the recording for Teri while saying that it was of her own volition, I couldn't be blamed.

But then I start thinking about it some more. Even going through a friend carries some risks. If Bethany tells Teri she's contacting her on my behalf, even that could be considered a violation of the restraining order and I could go to jail.

If I go to jail, I'll be unable to fulfill my contract with IWSS. They could void our contract and demand the return of the payments I've received so far. Payments that have already been spent. I'd be bankrupt and probably lose my shop, not to mention the home in Florida that Anna and I have our hearts set on. If this goes wrong, I'm fucked.

But I promised.

* * * * *

Amazingly, there's a B. E. Kozlowski in my seldom-used Minneapolis phonebook. I've at least got a place to start.

Over the phone the next morning, B. E. Kozlowski confirms that she is a friend of Teri Zwilling. I tell her a little about how I know Teri, and that I'm desperate to get back in contact with her.

"Hang on, there," she says. "Teri told me that things went horribly wrong during her latest episode. Every other time she's gone manic, her parents were there to talk her down and get her to realize what was happening to her, but this time some 'giant of a man,' evidently you, talked her into going to Mexico with him before they realized she was having an episode. She's been told that she's had sex with you, which has her embarrassed and a little freaked out. She doesn't remember a thing from that time, but says you showed up twice at the hospital in Mexico, trying to see her, and you've been stalking her ever since."

"I can see why she would look at it that way, but there's a lot more to the story."

"Then tell me what really happened," Bethany says in a studiously neutral tone.

So I relate the whole thing, from the radio contest, to Teri's extraordinary transformation, to her wild tale of an impotent, controlling and vindictive husband with mafia hitmen doing his bidding, to my unexpected eight-figure deal and our subsequent move to the bungalow, and then the real danger, a perverted hotel worker.

I tell her of how we'd become lovers, first with each other, and then with Anna. (This fascinates Bethany, and I have to explain the unique dynamics between the three of us.) Then I tell her about Kira's transformation back to Teri, and how she was nearly abducted at knife point.

"Oh my God," Bethany murmurs. "That's wilder than the stuff she writes in her books."

"It was the wildest week of my life, for sure."

"I've never been around Maya, but I've heard she's totally different."

"Maya?"

"Yeah. When Teri transforms, she usually calls herself by the same name as the main character in her books."

"Well, she did say she was trying to do everything the way Maya Windrider would. And from having previously read those books, I'd say she got that about right."

"So what's up with you and this other girl? Are you still in contact with her?"

"Anna's actually my wife now." Then I have to explain to Bethany about how we'd married because we'd been expecting a child, but had stayed together for love.

"Yet you're pining after a girl who doesn't know you, and doesn't want to know you. Why would you do that?"

So I tell her about how Kira had made me promise to never let her forget me. "Look," I say, "I think Kira subconsciously knew that she was going to forget, and it terrified her. If Teri knew about some of the things Kira did that week, it might help her understand her episodes better. And I would be fulfilling my promise."

"So now you want my help in contacting her?"

"Exactly. I have a recording from that week that I'd like you to play for her. You'd be doing a big favor to all of us, especially Teri."

"I'd need to meet you in person first to make sure you're on the up and up."

"I'd be glad to. Maybe we could do lunch today?"

Bethany agrees and suggests the restaurant at the Hilton near where she lives. I know the one and agree to meet her there.

* * * * *

I'm five minutes early, but Bethany has arrived ahead of me. The greeter leads me to the table.

Teri's friend is a plump brunette with short hair in a masculine cut, no makeup and a forced smile. She stands to greet me as I approach, and I see that her dress is knee-length and somewhat ill-fitting. What sticks out most to me, however, is her extreme nervousness. I'm used to interesting reactions when people see me for the first time, but this is different.

"It's nice to meet you Bethany," I say, taking her hand, which is somewhat damp with perspiration.

"You too," she murmurs. As we sit down, she fusses with her dress in a way that tells me she's unaccustomed to wearing that category of garment.

Our server arrives to take our drink order, then we get down to business. Bethany really likes to talk about Teri, and it seems to calm her as well. She is obviously still smitten with her, but while they text and email regularly, Bethany hasn't been to the Zwilling house in several years. I read between the lines and guess (strictly to myself) that Teri's folks must have realized the nature of the older girl's intentions toward their daughter and have kept her away. They're good at that.

Bethany is very specific with our server that her dish be vegan, so I feel it prudent to order the shrimp salad instead of the steak. While we wait for our entrees, Bethany confirms for me Kira's tales of the kidnappings and her pediatrician's negligence in dismissing her failure to grow.

Bethany also volunteers a theory. "I think the reason Teri doesn't remember how she survived her last kidnapping is because she had her first episode right after he dumped her in the woods."

"Really?"

"Yeah, because she was lucid enough to talk to the police after regaining consciousness the day of her rescue. She told them everything she could remember. She was evidently so full of piss and vinegar that she was ready to cut off her abductor's balls and shove them down his throat."

"Sounds like Kira," I say.

"Indeed, but she went into the coma right after that, and when she woke, the piss and vinegar were long gone. She was so scared that they had to keep her sedated. She remembered everything that happened right up until her episode must have started, but not a thing after."

Our food arrives, but we mostly just pick at it. "So how did you meet Teri?" I ask.

"We lived in the same neighborhood and rode the school bus together when we were growing up."

"I know that neighborhood well. It was on my running route. Which house were you in?"

"It's a black brick house on a corner."

"The one with the horsehead fence?"

"Hey, you really do know the neighborhood. Yeah, that was it. We were good friends from about the time she hit middle school."

"So Teri was more outgoing before she was abducted?"

"Yeah. She was always shy, but she was able to go to school like normal before that. Afterwards, she wouldn't leave the house. I was the only person, other than her parents and therapist, who she would see. Her mom homeschooled her, so Teri got her high school diploma, but now she just sits in her room and writes books, unless she's Maya. Then her parents don't allow her to leave the house."

"That's not much of a life," I say. "Anna and I saw how much fire and adventure she's got hidden inside. We'd like to help her bring that out."

"Maybe you could," she says thoughtfully. "Look, I want to help Teri too. I'd be willing to play that recording for her, at least."

"Thank you, Bethany. You're a saint."

She pulls out her phone. "If Teri wants to contact you guys after I play the recording for her, it might be through email or text, but it might be by phone. In that case, I'm guessing that a female voice would be easier for her to deal with. Maybe she should talk to Anna first."

Bethany's thinking steps ahead. I like that. "That's probably a good idea. Anna talked with her for a while in the hospital, so Teri knows her. I'm sure Teri would be more comfortable talking with her than with me."

"Sounds like a plan. What's the best number for her to reach Anna?"

I give Bethany both of our personal numbers and she stores them in her phone.

"Peter," she says when she's done, "there's just one favor I'd like from you before I call Teri."

"Name it."

Bethany's nervousness is back with a vengeance. "Look, Teri and I really had something for a while. Though we never let it take its full course, I never thought Teri would take a male lover. There was evidently something about you that got her to take that leap."

She pauses for a long moment, evidently working herself up to go on. I'm not sure I like where this seems to be going.

"I'm sure it would come as no surprise to you that I prefer women to men," she continues, "and I've never so much as kissed a guy, but I'm not one-hundred percent lesbian either. I've thought about trying the other side of the fence for a couple of years now, but the idea of finding a guy who would be gentle with me seemed daunting..."

"Are you about to ask what I think you're about to ask?"

Her expression tells me I'm right.

"Look, Bethany, this isn't a rivalry thing, is it?"

"What if it is?" she says defiantly.

"That's a lousy reason to have sex, especially with someone you hardly know and probably aren't even attracted to."

"My motivations are my own business," she replies. "Look, Peter, I hate to be crass, but sleeping with me, just once, is my price for getting you back in contact with Teri. Take it or leave it."

I don't like the idea of being coerced into becoming Bethany's first (and maybe only ever) male lover, especially since I've got at least one other woman in my life. I see no way around it, though.

"I'd need some time to think about that," I say. And to discuss it with Anna.

"No. No time. I've got a room here already and I've got my courage worked up. The deal is now or never."

"Right now?"

"Yeah, before I lose my nerve. Because if I do, you're shit out of luck."

Anna and I didn't specifically say that we would tell each other before we strayed. I hope she'll understand and forgive me, but if this is what it takes to keep my promise to Kira, then I'm going to do it.

I lay some bills on the table. "Let's go."

* * * * *

The room is a pretty standard affair, with a king-size bed that Bethany's already stripped down to the fitted sheet. When the door closes behind us, she looks a little lost.

It doesn't appear that she has the first clue of what should come next, but her look says that she pretty much expects me to rip her dress off, throw her on the bed, and have my way with her. Still, she's not chickening out. She places her purse on the desk while I set my briefcase down on the floor.

She turns to me. "There's a condom on the nightstand."

I ignore that, instead taking her hand. If this must happen, I'm going to make it as relaxed and comfortable for Bethany as I can. I don't need her being pissed at me if she's my only conduit to Teri.

I lead her to the bed and have her lie down on her front. She turns her face away from me. I very gently begin to massage her shoulders.

She tenses at the first touch of my hands on her body, but it's just a massage at this point. As I feel her relax just a little, I press harder. The dress is sleeveless, but the neckline is high, so as I move down along her back, my hands are separated from her flesh by a layer of smooth yellow cotton.

"Hey, this isn't so bad," Bethany murmurs.

"The blood and the pain and the screaming come later."

"Lucky me."

"Well, we don't have to do this."

"Yes, we do."

I move slowly, working her muscles as hard as she's comfortable with, right down to her waist. I can tell that she's expecting me to massage her buttocks next, but instead I move down and slip her shoes off.

Bethany's feet are flat and calloused. I work them firmly enough to avoid tickling, then massage her ankles, up her calves to her knees, and then right up to the hem of her dress.

I can feel that she's almost expecting me to go over the fabric this time, but I catch an involuntary gasp as my hands begin to massage the meaty thighs underneath. Bethany is a heavy girl, but her skin is quite nice. And as the dress moves up her legs with me, I can see that, in her mid-twenties, she's still got no signs of hail damage.

I'm near her buttocks when the dress stops moving, held down in front by her weight. "Up," I say smoothly and softly. She rises just enough that I can move the dress up around her waist. To my surprise, she's wearing no panties.

"Missing something?"

"I didn't have anything I thought would be appropriate," she says tensely, but I appreciate that she may have just attempted some humor.

"Well, I guess you're dressed appropriately for the occasion." I begin to knead the bare skin of her ample buttocks. She flinches at first, but when I don't actually ram my fingers into her, she begins to relax a little. Still (and even though she's the one who insisted we do this) she has her thighs clamped tightly together. I gently slide the tips of my fingers into the crevice and indicate to her that she should open up a little.

"Just relax, Bethany," I say softly. "Go with the flow and we'll make this as easy as possible for you. There's even an outside chance that you'll enjoy yourself." That is if her claim that she's a little bit bisexual is correct. No amount of gentle caressing could make me comfortable with a man's hands touching me like this, but Bethany does indeed relax, and she spreads her legs a little.

I massage the inside of her thighs, moving inward until she tenses when I get close to her apex. I back off, massaging back down the other thigh to her knee, then repeat this cycle.

At the same time, I'm using my other hand to remove my own clothes. I don't want to risk her demanding to undress me. That's an intimate thing that I'd just as soon reserve for loved ones. I pull my polo shirt over my head, then undo my belt and quietly push down my pants and boxers. I kick them off with my shoes and socks. I've been smooth enough that I'm pretty sure she hasn't even noticed.

With both hands available again, I have her raise up so I can slide the dress up and over her shoulders and head. I find that she's not wearing a bra either. She settles back down onto the bed and I slip the dress over her arms, then give it a gentle toss onto the carpet. She's now as naked as I am.

Bethany's head is still turned away from me, but I can tell that she thinks this is the moment I'm going to make her roll over and expose herself to me. Instead, I move a little higher to knead her buttocks again, then continue north across her back, toward her shoulders.

"Haven't you done that part already?" she asks. Despite herself, I can hear the edge in her voice that says she's ready to go maybe just a little further.