Promotion Comes With Strings Attached

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She snorted again, obviously drunk, as well. "Fuck you, Darren. You think you know everything about me. You believe everything printed about me, but you never bother to find out who I really am."

"I don't want to know you," I mumbled.

"I hate people like you," she snarled. "All you see is my beauty, you don't bother to get to know me. You cast me as a dumb bimbo, and that's all you see. Somebody you want to fuck."

I bit back my response. "Yes, I see you looking at me, your eyes devouring me. You're just like all the rest." She sneered.

"You're wrong, Kailami. If you weren't such a rude obnoxious bitch, I would love to see who hides under the beautiful exterior."

After she gulped down the last of her champagne, she hissed, "Why do you hate Wyatt?"

"What makes you think that?"

"It is hard to miss; you don't bother to hide it."

"I nodded. "Yeah, you're right. I don't like him."

She moved closer, her words slurred and accusing. "Is that because he's fucking your wife?"

Her eyes were full of their own bitter disgust. There was no question in her statement. She knew.

"That doesn't help," I hissed. "How long have you known?"

"A while." She sighed conspiratorially. "He thinks he is being so clever, but a woman knows these things. What are you doing about it?"

I shrugged. "Nothing at the moment. Just playing along. It's why I stay away from him."

She moved in closer, her body leaning against mine. "That album you played earlier, is it possible to get a copy?"

"I have the album. I could email you a copy if you like."

She leaned even closer, her lips biting my ear mischievously. "Yes, please. I really like it, I love how natural it sounds, it is so different."

Coby walked out while Kailami was leaning all over me, giggling crazily. "What are you two up to?" she asked playfully.

Kailami stood up, laughed loudly and threw her arms around her. "I was seducing your husband." She laughed hysterically and kissed Coby, taking her completely by surprise.

After everybody left, Coby snuck up behind me and threw her arms around my neck. "Thank you, Darren, Oh my god, what a fabulous night." She kissed me before I could fend her off, not that I was trying. After having Kailami leaning all over me, I was more than a little aroused.

The kiss grew quickly as we staggered around the balcony in passion. Her tongue ravished mine, her tits crushed against me. The heat of her body wrapped me like a blanket. We reeled back until I was leaning against the handrail.

With her legs either side of mine, her pussy ground against my fattening dick. Our clothes started to disappear, and naked, we fell back on her balcony daybed. Her mouth engulfed my cock, and she sucked frantically. Darkness descended as her pussy dropped on my face.

Rather than fight her off, I did my best impression of a lapping feline. Her moans of pleasure grew quickly, her hips bucked up and down. She ground down hard, her juices flooded my face.

It was a wild ride, her head bobbing up and down my cock. My cum erupted, not a gentle expulsion, I came so hard I feared for her life, but she kept sucking as jet after jet of sticky fluid blasted her mouth.

I tried to get my breath back, but her pussy slid all over my face, she fucked me to her orgasm.

We slipped off to bed and made love in a more sedate manner. The initial rush passed and we cuddled.

"Damn, Darren. God that was amazing."

I have to say, it was the best night's sleep I had since Shana left.

The morning arrived, bright and hazy. I helped Coby clean up, empty the bottles, and helped the rental company take away the grill. We went out for lunch, and that's when she said, "Darren, don't leave. I don't know where you're living, but I want you back. Last night was incredible, not just the party, which was so much fun. No, it was after, and I'm not talking just the sex, although that was the highlight. We could do this, babe."

"Coby, last night was great fun. I did enjoy it, but it was one night. Nothing has changed for me. I don't want to watch you drive away with lover boy to spend three nights together, where you give him the girlfriend experience. Make love, cuddle, talk and sleep together. I couldn't handle it before, and I couldn't handle it now."

She gave me a defeated sad pouty glance. "There has to be a way we can make it work. You and Wyatt, got on okay last night. I mean was it so bad?"

"Coby, I only spoke to him the one time. For the rest, we never spoke. Which was great, I'm not complaining."

"Then what happens now? Don't tell me you didn't feel the same things I did last night. I love you, Darren, and I know you love me."

"I do love you, I have never argued that. But I don't love some of the shit you do. that night when you went off with him, I hated you more than I have ever hated anything in my whole life. Honestly, I could have killed you both."

I heard her sharp gasp. She looked aghast, but didn't say anything.

The pressure of an expanding silence forced her hand. "Then what happens? I want more than getting together once a month because I need a partner."

"Yeah, I get that. Maybe we just date. We can keep up the pretense of the marriage, but in reality, we just date. When you're back, we get together when we can and see what happens?"

"If we do that, why not live together? It's exactly the same damn thing?"

"Nope, if we're dating, we can do whatever we want. Shana may come back to town for a few weeks. Who knows?"

Was that teeth gnashing I could hear? The death glare she gave me said a lot.

I drove her back to her apartment, and outside, she leaned over and pulled me into a passionate kiss, I could hear the air con in the truck struggling, the temperature went up so fast.

"Come back up with me. Please, it's my turn to beg."

I ended up staying the next few nights, and she was right, it was fun. We both enjoyed it. Her departure for Chicago coincided with AFU deciding they were ready to start recording.

She made the morning something special. It could possibly be the hottest sex we have ever had. As we were getting dressed, she asked, "Will you be here when I get back?" I noticed her hand sticking out with a key dangling from her finger. "You're welcome to stay, Darren. In fact I'd love it."

"Coby, for the time being, keep the key, okay? Maybe in the future."

She looked sad as she came in for a goodbye kiss. "I'll miss you, babe."

Trying to keep the mood light, I said, "Yeah, well, be good, and don't do anything I wouldn't."

Shocked, she giggled. "I'll try to be very good." She gave me another kiss and we went our separate ways.

As I was driving to work, I got a text from her. "Thank you."

I needed to be living at the studio. The only time I could commit was at night.

Coby texted or called most nights, and the tone was so friendly, we had managed to find a little of the old us. She called Friday night when she returned, asking If I wanted to go out for dinner, but I couldn't. AFU had committed to be there for the whole weekend, and we were deep into recording.

She was disappointed, but we did catch up a few times over the next week. Each time it got a little easier.

She asked if I would accompany her on the next Saturday night. Kailami had apparently been in a movie, and the big premiere was Saturday.

I could hardly say no. It wasn't an issue for the band. They had gigs over the weekend.

The recording sessions were going reasonably smoothly. Having used Shana as my test case, I was now more comfortable with the equipment and the feel of the room.

The first couple of tracks, I really liked. They were good strong songs, with a solid beat and a catchy hook. What I sensed while running tape was, they had a sound, and I had captured the essence of it. When I played it for the guys, they were pretty happy.

Friday night, Coby invited me out for dinner. It was a nice restaurant with excellent food. Throughout the meal, we talked. She talked about work and all of the interesting bits, without ever mentioning his name.

We talked about my job, as well, and of course, that led to her questioning me about the studio project. I hated lying to her, but once you start with a lie, it's hard to find a way out. It's easier to just repeating the lie, over and over until it works itself out or you get busted.

My playing dumb seemed to infuriate her. Always having to visibly restrain herself from biting at my off-hand casualness.

After dinner, we walked back to her apartment. On the way, she said, "If you want, we could go to your place."

"Nope, your place is like a palace compared to mine." I knew she was only fishing.

Saturday, she physically dragged me out shopping for a new dress for the premiere. It also meant looking for a tux rental place.

I found my tux in nothing more than a few minutes. She wanted me to try on hundreds. I tried on one, and said, "I'll take it."

Hunting for her gown was a whole different ball game; she literally did try on hundreds. In the end, she had to hurry because she was running late for her appointment at the beauty salon.

I dropped her at the salon and headed home. I had also been working on my own project.

Over the years I had written a number of songs, and now with the studio, I had the perfect chance to record them.

It wasn't going to be a big production. Just me, and my guitar, with a few starring appearances by my friend the harmonica and a little bass guitar.

I arrived to pick up Coby at the expected hour.

What an occasion; it was mammoth. Wall to wall people, film crews everywhere. It was the Hollywood dream.

We got to walk the red carpet, even got interviewed... As much as I hated this side of the business, it was pretty exciting.

Once inside the theater, we had a few drinks with the mingled celebrities. I was surprised at how easily Coby fit in. She seemed to be completely in her element. Wyatt was the same. He moved among the big shots as if he belonged. Being Kailami's date meant he was bathed in her reflected glory, and boy did he lap it up.

The movie was okay. I expected to hate it, but had to say grudgingly, "Kailami was good. She was a born actress."

There was plenty of Kailami to see, as well; some of her outfits were less than modest.

Once the movie finished, we gathered around in the foyer, enjoying champagne and meeting the stars. I expected Kailami to ignore us, but no. She came over and wrapped Coby in a big hug as they shared a kiss. She even leaned down from her towering golden stilettos to give me a kiss, as well.

"Are you coming to the after party?" she asked.

"No, I didn't even know there was one."

Coby interrupted. "Wyatt did say something about it. I think he has a pair of tickets for us."

As Kailami walked away, I asked, "When were you going to tell me about the party, or was I not invited?"

"Of course you are, dummy. Stop being a drama queen."

The after party was huge. The people were crushed in close together. Coby, like a magnet, saw Wyatt and his group and wandered over. I left her to it and headed for the bar.

I was pretty happy talking to the barman, but Coby kept waving for me to join them. Instead, I waved for her to join me. She seemed reluctant, but strolled over. I handed her drink over, and she asked. "Why didn't you come over?"

I laughed, she was playing games. "You know why. Give up, Coby, we're never going to be friends. He may not say it to you, but he's no more interested in talking to me than I am in talking to him."

She sighed wistfully and we leaned there, watching the celebs coming and going. I felt a big set of hairy arms wrap around my neck. "Darren, how ya been, dude?"

Looking up, I saw Ian Laws. We played together in a very serious band, just after I dropped out of college.

"Fuck, dude, what's with the tux?" He laughed loudly.

"Had to wear one. Apparently, it's compulsory." I said laughingly. "Sup, my friend?"

He shook his head as he wrapped an arm over my shoulder. "Fuck, dude. It's been years."

"Sure has, are you playing here tonight?" I asked.

"Yeah, dude, what about you, what are you doing here?"

I heard Coby clear her throat. "Oh shit, sorry, hon. This is my old friend, Ian. Ian, this is my wife, Coby. We're here because a friend of hers had a role acting in the movie."

"A friend, huh, who's that?"

"Kailami," Coby said proudly.

"No fucking way!" he howled loudly. "You guys know her?"

Coby laughed, with a hint of pride. "Yes, we do."

We talked about general stuff before Ian started talking about the old days and our old band. Once he started down that road, Coby laughed. "I'll let you boys reminisce. I'm going to find somebody who actually wants to talk to me," she said teasingly as she leaned in close for a kiss.

As she walked away, Ian said, "Fuck, dude, she is way too good for you. Talk bout punching above your weight."

"Fuck you," I sneered. We both watched Coby as she walked away. She was stunning.

"Man, you're a lucky bastard. Can you introduce me to Kailami?"

"If you're around when she's with us, yeah, I'll do my bit."

He was quickly called to go up on stage. I stood by myself for a while, just watching and listening to the band. After another couple of drinks, I managed to entertain myself doing some people watching. The place was overflowing with A-list celebrities. It was a different world from the one I lived in. I guess it had its attraction, but really, they looked so plastic. Everything was staged for the paparazzi. They spent thirty minutes preparing for a photo that was meant to be impromptu.

Coby caught me while the band was taking a break and led me back to the group she had been talking to with Kailami. It meant having to listen to Wyatt, but at least he left me alone.

It was when the band were back up on stage, getting ready for the second set that things got weird. Ian walked up to the mic, and announced, "We have a big surprise, people. A friend we haven't played with for a long time is in the audience, and we're going to get him up here to play a few numbers with us."

Kailami seemed interested. "Who do you think it is?" she asked Coby as she glanced around the room.

Ian gave her the answer when he pointed at me. "Come on, Darren, don't be shy, dude." I tried to wave him off, but he was irrepressible. Coby laughed loudly and pushed me. "Go on, you know you want to."

That was the incentive I needed. Once on stage, Ian handed me his second guitar, and as I tuned up, he said, "Dude, we're gonna get straight into a medley. Don't panic, because you know them all. It's the one we used to close out shows with. It's all just the old rock n roll stuff."

He counted out, and the band launched into a rendition of "Tuti Fruity." Yeah, I knew it well. I walked up to the second mic, and with a bellowing roar, joined in. The two guitars sounded great together, and Ian and I were well versed in the routine.

It was straight out of the old band's set list. We ripped off Status Quo and Chuck Berry dance moves as we bounced around the stage.

The crowd erupted as they always did with these songs. The dance floor filled quickly. My eyes were fixed on Coby; she had heard this stuff a million times. I loved watching her when I performed. The way our eyes locked, and when she danced, I knew it was just for me. This time, though, she grabbed Kailami's hand, and led her out onto the dance floor. She stopped right in front of me as I sung loudly, and they both danced their gorgeous asses of right there. Ian shuffled over and pushed me away from the mic. "You lucky fucking bastard. Holy shit, dude."

I ended up playing most of the set with them, which was a lot of fun. It made my night.

Clambering down off the stage, Coby leapt into my arms. "Oh my god, babe. That was incredible. I forgot how good you are." She kissed me passionately before leading me back to the group.

Kailami seemed a little astonished. "You were in that band?"

I laughed off her disbelief. "Not that band, but Ian and I were in a band together. We toured for a couple of years. We tried to make it, but you know, the music business is hard to break down. We just weren't playing what was popular at the time."

She seemed confused. "Your friend seems happy with it."

"Yeah, he loves to party. I wanted to be more than a cover band. I wanted my songs to be the important part."

She shrugged, seemingly accepting my words. Wyatt, at least, had nothing to say.

I did mange to make Ian's night when I introduced him to Kailami.

Things cooled a little between Coby and me for a while. She was busy traveling, and I was busy working days and recording the band during the evening.

My refusal to move in with her also didn't help. In fact, it drove a wedge between us. Whenever we were together, we argued and it seemed like we were back to fighting full time.

I decided we needed time apart.

"What the fuck do you mean time apart?" she snarled. "Christ, Darren, we're hardly together."

"Yeah, but when we are we fight. I said I couldn't live here while you're still fucking old loverboy. Maybe we put this aside for a while. Try again once he's out of the picture. If that ever happens."

My world got thrown upside down when during a quiet moment in the studio, I looked up to see Kailami standing inside the door.

Surprised, I walked towards her. "What are you doing here?"

She snickered. "I think the more relevant question is, what are you doing here?"

Closing my eyes and sucking in a deep breath, I replied, "This is my studio. I own it."

She nodded knowingly. "That explains a lot. No wonder you were so enthusiastic about promoting, Shenandoah."

I chuckled. "I'm proud of that album, I stand behind it."

"Yes, and so you should be. It is a wonderful record. I got this address off the album sleeve."

"Ahhh, I was about to ask." I gestured for her to come in. "So to what do I owe the pleasure?"

"I want to record an album."

"Why come here? With your fame, you could get anybody."

"Because I loved Shenandoah's album so much. I want that sound for mine, which is why I'm here. I don't care about the money, I just want to do it."

"Kailami, I'm flattered that you want to do it here, but honestly, you could pick and choose labels. After that movie release, you will be a hot commodity. And let's face it, we aren't exactly friends."

She scowled deeply. "I'm not an idiot, Darren. I know that. I have already had discussions with several, and they all started talking money and famous producers. But that's not what I want. From the moment I heard Shenandoah's record, I knew that's what I wanted."

I was completely confused. "This album, is it just for you, or do you want to release it?"

"Release it, of course."

"Then use the biggest label you can get. I can't offer you money, and I don't have a distribution chain. If you release it through me, it will sink. Use a major label and you might get a number one, even if the songs are shit."

Her face lost some of it's determined edge, and she said softly. "You really don't think much of me, do you?"

"I don't know you, Kailami. All I see is the public face. The celebrity supermodel and actress."

"I don't want my life to be defined by my looks. I think I am a good actress. After the movie, I hope to get better roles, ones that require acting, not just beauty. I think my songs are good, maybe not great, but I want them judged on merit. Not because I wore the skimpiest bikini on stage."

That stunned me. I nodded in admiration. "Wow, I have to say, I like your attitude. I also have to say, though, it would be crazy not to use the tools you have been blessed with to market your songs."

"Oh, don't get me wrong. I will use every tool I have, but I want the songs to stand the test."

1...910111213...15