Protocol

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Is it true?" I asked quietly.

She looked even more worried now, "Is what true?"

"You and your old boyfriend dammit!" I said so loud I was heard in the offices down the hall causing employees to come out and look toward us.

Timidly, "Me and Hal? I don't understand honey. What do you mean."

"Stop it Julie! Stop it right damn now! You know exactly what I'm talking about and you better start talking or my next call is to an attorney!"

"WHAT! What are you talking about? An attorney? An attorney for what?"

"For our fucking divorce! That's what a husband does; he talks to an attorney when he finds out his wife is a fucking whore!"

Without thinking she reached up and slapped my face, hard. I just stood there with my heart breaking. Seconds later anger was replaced with immense pain as my eyes filled with more tears than they could hold. I walked to a chair and sat down heavy and cut loose crying like a child. "I thought you loved me? Why would you do this to me, to us. Why?"

She just stood there, with a shocked expression on her face not saying anything. All she did was look at me in disbelief watching me cry like never before. I was a broken man. Everything I cared about was being taken from me. Besides my children, my marriage was literally everything I've ever wanted. The business was only a perk that provided for us and my employees. I would be happier living with her in a box under a bridge than lose the woman I have loved for so long.

"Why Julie? Why wasn't I enough for you? I love you so much and you had to go fuck around with your old boyfriend. Don't worry though, the doctors can fix pretty boy's nose. He may not be as pretty for you as before and he'll have a hard time breathing out of it for a long while, but if you want him that bad I'll think you'll overlook his deformity."

"What! What do you mean I fucked my old boyfriend? What the hell are you talking about? Is that how you hurt your hand...breaking his nose?"

"I know Julie. I know about the release of our financial records. He told me and my guys confirmed it. Do you want to explain things to me before I call the FBI to come and arrest you?"

She collapsed in the chair across from me now with her eyes losing the fight against tears. "Honey, I'm so sorry. I had to do it. I had to send the records to them. They were...forcing me to do it. You have to understand, I had no choice! They were..."

"You had to! You had to! You fucked the bastard because you had to! BULLSHIT!! Explain to me WHY you had to fuck that bastard. Explain to me why you threw our marriage away, why you threw our family away!"

"I didn't fuck anybody, you have to believe me! I swear on everything I love, I didn't cheat on you, I didn't." She broke down sobbing pitifully. Finally she pulled herself together, "Dennis I didn't fuck Hal. Please believe me. I would've killed myself before I ever let him touch me again. Why do you think I slept with him?"

"He told me, right after he told me you released our financial records to him. Now tell me that fucker is lying!"

"I swear I didn't sleep with him. He tried to make me but I wouldn't."

"What about the financial records?"

"That's how all this started. You know you weren't my first and that I was with Hal in college. I regret all of it now. God how I wish you had me first. Hal was a terrible lover. All he cared about was his own pleasure. I was only with him a few times before I caught him cheating. What I didn't know was that he had hidden cameras in his room. He has video of us having sex and he was going to send them to you if I didn't cooperate and give him what he wanted."

"If what you say is true, that was 20 years ago. Don't you think I could tell the difference in how you look. You gave birth to two girls for Christ's sake and you're 20 years older. Don't you think I could tell the difference? I know every inch of your body. I know how it looked then and I sure in the hell know how it looks now."

"Dammit, he was going to put it on the internet! You were going to get them after he released them! He was blackmailing me with those damn videos by posting them and sending them to our friends and family; it would've ruined my...our reputation...don't you see?"

"Don't you think your reputation could be restored after the truth came out? I really thought you trusted me after all these years and the love we've shared." I was just about done. All I did was sit there looking into space falling apart inside.

"What do we do here in our business Julie?"

"We sell computers and some components and programming, why?"

"My God, you have no idea, do you? You keep our money and you know where it comes from, but you really don't know what we actually do here?" How could she not know?

"Dennis, honey, what are you talking about?"

"I have the most extensive line of classified computer equipment sold to the U.S. Government. We have million dollar contracts to help the government hold its most prized secrets. With that kind of power, don't you think I could've taken care of little Hal Johnson with little more than A FUCKING PHONE CALL!" The loudness and absolute anger of my voice brought employees out of their offices again.

"But you had no fucking trust in me to tell me what was going on, did you? You had so little faith in your husband's ability to keep his family safe that you instead gave into industrial espionage that could put you in jail for the rest of your life and destroy this company and the lives of not only your family but our employees too."

Julie sat there saying nothing for a couple minutes comprehending my last words, "My God, what have I done? I'm so so sorry, but I was terrified when that bastard contacted me and said he would post those videos. At first I refused, but he said if I didn't cooperate he would have you or the girls hurt. I couldn't allow that to happen, I just couldn't. He proved that he could have your hurt."

"How did he do that? How could he prove that kind of capability?"

"He showed me photos taken of you being followed and how easy it would be for you to have an accident. He had pictures of the girls at volleyball practice and out with their friends. He said it would be so easy! You would have your accident and the girls would disappear. MY GIRLS Dennis! I had to do it! I couldn't let my family be hurt, I couldn't!" as she started another crying fit.

"Well there's no chance of that happening. You and the girls have had body guards assigned to you since Monster gave us the information he had on Mr. Hal Johnson. No one on this planet could hurt you or our girls unless they had a small army."

I took out my phone, "Mike, time to come in."

"I'll be right in."

Julie had a very bewildered look on her face, "Dennis what's going on?"

"You and the girls are taking a little trip."

"I don't understand, a trip where? Why? I can't leave you...I don't want to leave you... Dennis don't make me leave, please! You can't make me leave...we need to talk!"

"You don't have a choice."

About that time, Mike came in. "Julie, this is Mike. He will be looking after

you and the girls. You will go with him and pick up the girls from school. You will do exactly what he tells you to do, when he tells you to do it."

"I'm not leaving you!"

"Julie, listen...you have no idea how close you have come to destroying everything we have; our marriage, our family and our business will be taken from us if I don't act accordingly in the next 48 hours. I'm leaning toward believing you when you say you have not been fucking your old boyfriend, but not coming to me when he contacted you and your release of our financial records can destroy this company and everyone with it. If you want the chance to remain my wife, you will go with Mike and do what I say."

Julie looked shock when I mentioned the possibility of not remaining my wife, "I don't want to go, but I will if it means a chance to stay your wife."

"Mike will keep you and the girls safe. You wouldn't go with him if he did not have my complete trust. He risked his life saving mine years back when he didn't need to, so I know he'll keep you safe."

"What do you mean, he saved your life?"

"I'll let Mike tell you, but you need to go before the FBI shows up."

She timidly came up to me, "I'm so sorry honey, please forgive me" as she gave me an intense hug.

I pulled her into me squeezing hard to assure her she is still loved. "You still have no idea how much I love you, do you?"

"I think I'm beginning to see and understand. I love you too."

With that Mike and Julie turned and left the office building. I knew he would care for my family. He had a safe house where he would keep them. Only three people knew of its location. Mike of course, me and a man in Washington D.C..

I know of its location because I was there for a couple days after I was kidnapped several years ago. Julie is not the only one who can keep secrets. I was on a business trip in the capital when I was invited to a spend a couple days relaxing in the George Washington National Forest by one of the government contract negotiators who's family owns a cabin. The cabin has been in his family for over 50 years. Jack Murphy was a good guy and I had dealt with him before. I agreed as long as he gave notice to his boss and the ethics officer of his agency. He agreed that was a prudent move and did so. I

am an honest businessman and no way would I want to lose a government contract due to impropriety.

I definitely needed some rest and decided what the hell; so I rented a car and drove myself using the directions the negotiator gave me. George Washington National Forest is not a small piece of ground. The cabin was in a desolate location and offered quiet serenity and good deer hunting. Paved road turned to dirt roads turning to mud roads. Just when I was ready to make a turn a large black SUV pulled out from the trees and blocked my path. Locking up the brakes had me stopping only feet from the SUV. I started cussing at the bastard behind the wheel. Next thing I knew men with masks jumped out of the SUV and pointed guns at me.

I put the car in reverse and punched it trying to get out of there but they shot the tires and dragged me out the car. I put up a fight best I could until one of them hit me in the head with the butt of their rifle.

When I woke up I was tied to chair. Stirring, one of my kidnappers came over tome, "I see your awake. Good. Sorry about hitting you in the head like that but we couldn't let you get away. Are you feeling well enough to talk?"

Still looking around in shock I seen I was in a log cabin. The fireplace had a small fire burning and I could see two other men at a table eating. "I'm a little dizzy and I could use some water. Did you have to hit me so hard?"

"Sure, you can have some water. Sorry about hitting you so hard, but you fought us more than we anticipated and my man got a little...excited shall we say." The man talking to me was not an overly large man but he had a muscular build. The other two looked average in size and had pistols in their shoulder holsters.

"You understand that I can't take the chance of letting your hands free to hold the bottle of water, don't you. Good. I'll help you." Wonder why he's being civil? He tipped the bottle up to my mouth so I could get a few swallows.

"Thank You. Now you want to tell me why you kidnapped me."

"Sorry Mr. Golden. We were paid to deliver you here and that's all we were paid to do. Our benefactor should be here soon to discuss some business with you. We don't care what his interest is in you. We get paid to do a job and we do it. You understand it's only business."

"Great. If it's money you want, I can pay better."

"Oh I'm sure, but you see we have our integrity to worry about. If we don't honor our word, what kind of people would we be. In this business a man's word is important."

"Wonderful...honest kidnappers!" he chuckled over that one.

"Now you relax and it will soon be over."

"That's what I'm afraid of," he laughed at that one too.

I spent the next few hours in that damn chair listening to the men who bound me so I could gain enough information to pin point my location. They started to complain about their client not showing up and not getting paid. They wanted to get out of there because they knew it was only time before a search went out for me. The longer they sat with me the more danger they were in of getting caught. I was due at Murphy's cabin by Thursday at 5 P.M. and it had to be much later than that. Beside the kidnappers couldn't conceal the car I was driving after they shot out the tires.

Every hour increased their apprehension. Their talk now involved around them asking for some sort of ransom since their client hadn't showed to conduct his business with me and pay them for their work so their big score seems to be lost. I was more concerned that the talk would drift to putting a bullet in my head and them walking away from this fiasco.

I worried if I would ever see my family again or if my body would ever be found. How would my girls do without me in their life? Who would walk them down the aisle on their wedding day? Would my grandchildren ever know that a grandpa loves them already and they weren't even born. Would my wife remarry? Would I be forgotten by the family I love so much? It was too much to lose! If I was going to die, I was going to die fighting!

"How about letting me take a shit."

"Go ahead, shit."

"Are you kidding me. Come on, you offered me water awhile ago so you are at least civilized, aren't you? What can I do anyway...you have the guns. I'm asking you, please let me out of this chair and go outside to take a shit."

The guy who offered me water earlier told one of the other two to take me outside so I could take my crap. The boss of the trio, "He's not wrong you know, we got the guns so if he tries anything, use the damn thing."

One of the guys came over and stood over me for a second leaned over and started to untie me. He also said if I tried to run away he'd shoot me in both legs. I thank him for letting me go. I stood up and started to walk. It was difficult since I've been tied up for so long. My head still hurt but at least I wasn't as dizzy. Stretching my arms and legs trying to get the blood flow going again caused the guy to push me toward the door. I guess civilized only goes so far. I needed to be ready. This could be my only chance.

Luckily there was an outhouse and toilet paper. I finally caught a break. I really did need to go. This outhouse smelled like any other outhouse; it stank like shit! God must like me because while I was sitting on that splintered toilet seat I found a loose board that I could used to club the guy over the head with IF he wasn't paying attention. Face it, these were city guys and I was a computer geek, to them I wasn't all that dangerous so stepping out of an outhouse with a piece of wood to use as a club wasn't an expected event.

I finished my business and prayed to God. I really wanted to be with my family again. I stepped out of the door holding the club and luck would have it he was turned away, but as soon he heard the door he started to twist my direction. By that time I had closed the distance between us and caught him along the side of his head knocking him cold. I tried grabbing his gun but it was stuck in his holster. I was panicking; I had to get out of there. I tore off into the woods running as fast as I could. I had no idea where I was or where I was going, but maybe, just maybe I would survive.

I knew I was making too much noise stepping on every fallen tree branch and twig in the woods, but if I could put some distance between me and the bad guys I could hide. I must've been running for 10 minutes and my head started to kill me. Guess I was hit harder than I thought. I heard some yelling from the kidnappers taunting me telling me that when they find me they were going to kick my ass for hitting one of them.

I had to chance it, so I kept running falling down scraping my hands and knees on rocks and fallen tree limbs, but I wasn't going to quit. The pain in my head was increasing making me feel dizzy, but I kept going. Crossing a road I thought about running down it, but decided against that tactic because the kidnappers would be looking for me in their car knowing I would find the road.

I stumbled against a large tree deciding to take a short break hoping the pain in my head would subside. Night was starting and it was getting cold. I was beginning to shiver because I wasn't dressed for it. Now hypothermia was an additional worry. Only letting myself rest for a few minutes I started off again in no particular direction; I was running blind.

I continued to hear the kidnappers making their own noise in the woods which helped me as I always knew where they were, but I noticed the noise they were making was growing faint. I was getting away, but away to where?

My head started to hurt more and I was having trouble keeping my balance. It was now so cold my fingers were getting numb as I was loosing the battle to stay warm.

I was stumbling as best I could through the woods when I noticed I couldn't hear the kidnappers any longer, so I guess I lost them. But I couldn't stay out here like this; I would freeze to death if I didn't find shelter. It felt like I've run and walked a hundred miles, but I know it was only a few at most. My whole body hurt and it felt like my feet were bleeding along with my hands from the jagged edges of all the fallen branches and rocks I scrapped against.

Stopping for a few minutes rest I felt myself drifting away. I knew I didn't have much time left. I asked for help again from the man upstairs. I asked him to help me get back to my family. I looked around hoping to see some sign of life and in the distance I thought I seen a dim light. I had no choice, if I didn't go toward the light I would die against this tree.

The pounding in my head was so loud, it was deafening and hurt so much. The light grew brighter with each step bringing me just a little hope, I might make it out of this alive after all.

It seemed forever before I could see the source of the light clearly. If it had power, maybe it had a telephone and I could call for help. Approaching the cabin I noticed a car parked outside. "Good, someone must be there and they can get me some help," as I continued to stumble closer.

I stopped short of the clearing just to be sure the kidnappers weren't here already. It was quiet as I made my way to the door. I heard noise coming from inside. I started to pound on the door yelling for help as the pain in my head became so intense I felt myself black out.

I started coming to hearing the banging of dishes, I think, and foot steps. Was someone whistling? I opened my eyes trying to make sense of where I was but it was dark where I was at. I raised my head and the pain came shooting back and I groaned in pain. "I wouldn't do that if I was you. You have a bad bump on your head. Just lie still for a minute and I'll bring you something to drink." It was a man's voice talking to me. Obviously the owner of the cabin...I hope.

He brought me a cup of coffee, "Here, raise yourself up slowly and drink this. It's strong but right about now it's exactly what you need." I took a sip and he wasn't kidding about it being strong.

"You want to tell me about it? Why were you pounding on my door at night all busted up like you are?"

"Thank You for the coffee. My name is Dennis and I was kidnapped. I escaped after I hit one of the guys cold with a club after they let me out to take a crap."

"Kidnapped huh, I guess I could believe a story like that since your not exactly dressed for deer hunting."

"Where am I by the way?"

"Well your in my cabin. My name is Mike, nice to meet ya," as he put his hand out for me to shake. "We're about 15 miles out of town. I spend just about all my time here these days. I don't have use for most people."