Pumpkin Spice

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Unable to live with it but equally unwilling to give my soul to make him stop, it came as a relief when my world finally went black.

***

I awoke to excited voices and incessant beeping. Opening my eyes and trying to focus, I saw my mother sitting beside me in the chair on one side and Connie propped partially on the bed.

"Where are we?" I muttered.

When the flurry of excitement finally ended, my mother answered. "You're in the hospital, son, for almost three full days. Connie and I have been taking turns staying with you but you got lucky and woke up during our overlap before I head back to the room to get some rest."

"Connie," I muttered as I tried to raise an arm trailing a tube and wires toward her. "What happened?"

"The police think you may have inadvertently gotten a partial dose of fentanyl that was apparently meant for a guy that Ron said you guys met when you went to the bar. Do you remember him? He fell over and died just a few feet from us, right before you collapsed."

"Tell the police to check his wife. She paid someone to do it."

Mom and Connie looked at each other in surprise before Connie turned back to me. "Ken, how did you know that? The police just announced that they'd arrested her a little while ago."

Another voice said, "His subconscious probably heard the news report on the TV."

I turned a bit to see a man in mint-green scrubs walk up to the bed beside us. "Hello, Mr. Seiver, I'm Doctor Halleck. As Miss Milburn said, you had fentanyl poisoning. I'm sorry I have to ask, but you didn't take it intentionally, correct?"

"Never."

"We thought not; there were no signs and the method of administration appeared to be from getting it in the cut on your right hand, most likely from contact with the guy who died. There's unwarranted fear of the drug affecting people through absorbing it into the skin, but the CDC and research show that's not true; however, if it gets into a cut like yours, well, all bets are off. You really should have had that stitched up and kept it better covered so this wouldn't have happened."

Mom and Connie were both shaking their heads. I started to raise my hand to look at it but saw it was bandaged and trailing wires.

"Don't worry, those are just monitors and we took care of the cut while you were out. That'll be as good as new in a few days and the stitches can come out in a week or so. However, we're still running additional tests since your symptoms are rather atypical, not what we'd normally expect, but your recovery is coming along nicely and you should be able to go home in a couple of days."

After some more questions and a nurse running some tests, Doctor Halleck recommended that I get some rest, so he and Mom left, leaving Connie alone with me. I gripped her hand with my left hand and said, "Thanks for taking care of me."

"Oh, Ken, I was so worried about you and I'm so glad you're awake." She told me how a doctor at the party had saved me by administering something for overdoses but I was getting tired and missed the end.

***

Connie was slumped against the bed when I awoke again. I stroked her hair and thought about how lucky I was that we'd met and gotten together. That horrible drug had really done something to my mind; my memory of the events of the party were crazy, unreal, but what I did remember, vaguely, was that I had realized Connie was the most important thing in my life and I wanted her in it forever. Assuming I recovered, I'd have to do something about that soon.

"Hi," I whispered, realizing that I was feeling much better than whenever we'd talked earlier. "You're still here."

"For you, yes, and you're awake again," she said, fighting to wake up before pulling my hand up to give it a kiss. "This isn't the most exciting place and I've really missed you."

"I'm sorry, but I appreciate you being here for me. That position can't be comfortable, so climb up here with me."

She shook her head. "The nurse wouldn't like that."

"Well, when the nurse pays for it instead of the insurance company and me, she'll get a vote on it. For now, my vote wins...if you'll let it."

"Okay, you win," she agreed with a grin. She climbed in to lie on her side on the edge of the hospital bed, throwing her left arm around me, both to show her affection and to keep from falling off, I suspected. We scooted the pillow over so she could share a bit of it, which kept us close where I could smell her hair and feel her gentle breath on my cheek.

When the nurse came in a little later, she looked at us for a few moments before smiling and giving a little nod to vote with me.

***

Two days later, Dr. Halleck said I'd fully recovered except for the cut on my hand, which would be better soon. He sent me home with antibiotics for the cut and a couple of other drugs to make sure I didn't have any relapses from the accidental poisoning. Connie drove me home in my truck, with Mom following along behind us in her car.

"Agnes and I talked a lot while you were out," said Connie after seeing mom's car in her rearview mirror once again. "I think she likes me."

"I know she likes you," I agreed. "She liked you a lot already, but after what she saw you do for me, and how you stuck with me through this, I suspect she's praying that you decide to stay in Deerfield and for a happily ever after for us. Oh, and grandbabies. Praying for lots of grandbabies."

Connie laughed but said nothing. However, I think she was smiling the rest of the way home.

When we arrived, Connie and Mom fussed at me a bit when I insisted on helping carry our bags into the house. "I've been sick, not dead, and I've recovered," I said. "Besides, I've got to get back to work tomorrow. I'm sure Freddie needs a break from taking care of the cows and I need to do a thorough check of the rest of the farm to make sure there aren't any problems that need to be addressed."

"Like what?" asked Connie when she steered me to a seat at the kitchen table. "What's more important than you getting your rest and recovering?"

"Fences down? Trees blown over? Roofs blown off? Lots of things go wrong in the blink of an eye around here and I need to check them."

"No," she said firmly. "Tomorrow's Friday. Dr. Halleck said for you to rest then, so you feed the cows and rest otherwise. We'll do everything else together on Saturday. That will give me a chance to see more of the farm, too, and I can watch out for you to make sure you don't overdo it."

I was surprised at her assertiveness, so I smiled and replied, "Yes, ma'am."

Mom, getting things out to fix lunch, spoke up. "Ken, you know I was originally planning to go see Deb and Harry and their new grandbaby this weekend, but I told her earlier in the week that I'd probably have to postpone the trip. With you in such capable hands, do you think you'd be okay if I went anyway?"

Connie spoke up even before I could reply. "Go, Agnes. I'll take care of Ken. You go see your sister's family and that new grandbaby. Don't worry about us."

Who was I to argue?

***

Connie spent Thursday night at the farmhouse, sleeping in bed with me in one of my t-shirts to be able to "monitor me" and make sure I didn't have any relapses before getting up early to kiss me goodbye and go to her house in time to get ready for school. I missed her as soon as she left, but was almost glad when Mom left a short time later after fussing over me far too much. The house was silent then and I was alone for the first time in over a week.

After I dressed, I looked at the spot where Connie had slept and I looked forward to her being there again. Spotting her pillow, I picked it up and closed my eyes to take a deep breath, smelling the scent of her hair and imagining her being next to me.

Checking on the cows and feeding them took a bit more energy than I was expecting, so I returned to the house afterward and sat down in my recliner for a little nap. The Bucks were playing at home and Connie didn't have to attend the game so she found me still asleep in the chair when she got home around 5.

Her kiss awoke me and she had me get up for a little while so I wouldn't be awake all night. We ate dinner together and then took a short stroll outside at sunset, with Connie watching the beautiful colors in the sky and me focusing on her beauty next to me.

"Connie, thank you for all you've done," I said. "You've done so much more than you had to do."

"You're welcome, Ken, but you're wrong. I did it because I wanted to, because I love you, not because I had to."

I was surprised, having been so worried about her leaving to return to the Indy or wherever, but her comment made me smile. Before I could say anything in reply, she moved in close, putting her arms around me. Her lips captured mine a second later and I tasted heaven and experienced it for the longest time.

When we parted, I looked into her eyes and said, "I love you, too, Connie."

She was grinning as she took my hand and led me inside.

***

I wanted to make love to her that Friday night but she turned all Nurse Ratched-y on me when we were back in the house, reminding me that I'd been ill when I suggested it.

"We need to make sure you're fully recovered before you do anything like that," she said, quashing my hopes for the evening. "We're going to get you to bed now and you should be all better tomorrow."

However, to my surprise, she gently swatted my hand when I reached to unbutton my shirt. "I've got this," she said. Button by button, she undid my shirt to remove it and then took care of my belt before removing my pants. She even folded them after I stepped out and stood before her with my salute to her quite obvious in my underpants. Looking into my eyes, she stroked my hard rod once only to drop to her knees in front of me, pulling the boxer briefs with her on the way down.

"Ahh!" I yelped in surprise as she circled the base of my cock with one hand and took my balls in the other. She gave the front of my little head a kiss and then licked it a couple of times, sending chills through me.

"Your night nurse says you need rest, so on the bed with you, but your little soldier can stay out for a bit. If you'd like."

Hope, deader than a doornail only minutes earlier, was suddenly resuscitated similar to how I'd been the previous Saturday night. "Oh, Nurse Connie, I'd most definitely like."

She was all smiles as she said, "Nurse Connie was sure hoping so."

Connie straddled my calves and proceeded to remove her shirt, peeling it over her head only to toss it away. Her bra followed, her Cs plopping out giving me a thrill and making my dick even harder than before. "You like?" she asked.

"I love and adore," I replied.

"Good answer. Now, let's see if this little guy has as much life left in him as it looks."

Starting with kisses and gentle strokes, she made sure that life lasted and excitement in me built before finally taking me in her mouth. Up and down she went, working my head and driving my buildup as the minutes passed.

"I'm about to blow, sweetheart," I gasped when I reached the point of no return.

Instead of pulling off, she redoubled her efforts and it wasn't long before I exploded and streams of my cum were shooting into her throat. She kept going as I did, working me, milking it, and getting every drop before pulling off. A gentle stroke followed, just one and done, before she fell on the bed beside me.

"Your nurse says you should sleep well tonight...and that she can't wait for tomorrow night."

***

I did sleep well, quite well. Feeling fully recovered, I took Connie on a tour of the whole farm the next morning. After moving the cows and making sure they were fed, we drove around checking the fences, looking for breaks, downed trees, or anything else that would allow our bovine escape artists access to somewhere other than where they were supposed to be.

"Do they really try to get out?"

"Ever heard the expression that the grass is always greener on the other side? That originally came from farm animals wanting to graze on the other side of the fence from the pasture they've already eaten down. Cows will get down on their knees on their front legs and reach under or through a fence if they can to stretch their tongues out as far as possible to get every blade on the other side of the fence that they can."

"You're serious?"

"As a heart attack."

I didn't get to show her an example since we didn't find any holes, but there was a big fallen limb across one fence. I'd taken my tools out of the toolbox in the back before our trip to Chicago but had returned them right after breakfast so I pulled out a chainsaw. A careful cut got it off the fence without damage and then I cut up the rest in pieces, stowing the logs in the bed of the pickup.

"What's that for?"

"Logs for the fire pit, or for the fireplace in the winter if we have a problem with the heat. These will need to cure until at least late winter, but they'll burn well then if we need them."

When we finished the inspection work, I pulled the truck to a stop by the creek that ran through the middle of our property. "This is one of my favorite places on the farm. The creek level rises and falls depending on how much rain we've had and how long it's been since the last one, but it's really peaceful here, with the sound of the water trickling over the rocks when the water's the right level. There's also a little wading pool just down from the rocks."

"We can go wading?" she exclaimed in surprise.

"No, it's November. It's too chilly now, the air and the water. We'd freeze."

She giggled as she kicked off her shoes and shucked her socks before pulling up her pants legs and wading in despite my protests. The water was deeper than she expected, about two thirds the way up her calves and deep enough to get the bottom of one of her pant legs wet.

"Come on in, it's fine!" she urged, reaching down and splashing a little water my way with her hands. The already wet pant leg fell down the rest of the way, soaking the rest of it but she was laughing and having the time of her life and the other leg was soon wet to match the first. Shaking my head, I followed her lead and waded in.

"AHHH! You said this water is fine. It's cold as ice!" I exclaimed, leading her to laugh hysterically.

"If you'd taken any longer, my teeth would have been chattering and given it away," she laughed before entering my arms and kissing me.

"You can be a pain in the butt sometimes, girl, but I sure do love you, Connie."

She kissed me again and replied, "I love you, too, Kenny."

If she wants to call me Kenny like that, I'm not going to complain a bit, I thought.

We made a beeline for the truck on exiting the creek, and turned the heat on high as we slipped on our shoes. On reaching the house, we stripped off our wet pants in the mudroom and I chased Connie up the stairs, thinking how great she looked in that thong. We stripped the rest of the way in the bathroom and stood holding each other under the hot water as it warmed us, steaming up the shower stall and the rest of the room. Toweling each other dry, I told her I'd grab some clothes for us but she shook her head, taking my hand and leading me to my room where she climbed under the cover and pulled me in behind her.

We snuggled together for a bit, kissing and holding each other, as the bed and the covers warmed with our body heat but then Connie slid a leg over and climbed atop me. "Your nurse says you're now fully released and are free to fuck the living hell out of her."

Thinking of the events of Halloween with the Devil, whether it was real or whether I'd dreamed it all in my fentanyl-induced state, I shook my head. "Connie, are you sure you don't want to make love?"

"No, Kenny, we'll do that in a little while. Right now, I need this inside me, hard and fast and fast and hard. Got it?"

I grabbed her and rolled over, pinning her below me as my cock pushed at her opening. "Oh, I think I've got it, all right." I was about to ask if she needed any lube but her push against me and my little pressure proved it wasn't necessary as I slid right inside.

Little movements, in and out, led to big gains over time until we were fully connected and then she grinned at me. "That feels great, my cowboy, but now it's time." She smacked my left butt cheek with her hand and said, "Now ride, cowboy, ride!"

It was as fast and hard as she'd asked, with her pussy wanting my cock, gripping it and not wanting to let go as I slid out and then slammed back inside her time after time. Connie threw her legs around me, crossing her ankles I think to keep us together, as I fucked in and out of her, our flesh pounding together as if trying to join as one. She moaned aloud with each time and it wasn't long before I was grunting with her. I didn't know if I could hold out any longer when she finally cried out on reaching her peak and I let go, sending my cum into her depths.

"Ahh," she breathed. "That was so good. I love you, Kenny."

I slid over to the side and pulled her close to me. "Mmm, that was great, Connie. I love you, too."

***

We made love, long and slow, deep and loving, later in the afternoon. With the temperature outside having dipped even further, after dinner that evening, I built a fire in the family room fireplace while Connie brought down a pile of blankets and pillows. We lay down on them and snuggled together, enjoying the heat of the flames and the heat of each other.

I'd been debating it all day. What would be perfect? When would it be perfect? I didn't know the answer but I needed to have an answer to the question burning a hole in my heart.

"Connie, have you given any more thought to staying in Deerfield? Permanently, I mean? I want you to, to stay here, to stay with me, if you will."

She gave me a coy look, as if having doubts. "Kenny, I like it here a lot, but I can't make any promises like that unless I know I'm really wanted. You know, unless, say, someone was really sure they wanted me to stay so much that they were willing to marry me?"

Relief flooded over me as she answered my question that way. I got up, reached behind a photo on the mantle, and settled on one knee in front of her as she sat up to see what I was doing.

"Connie Milburn, I love you, I love you with all my heart, and I want to be with you forever. Will you marry me?"

Her hand covered her mouth as I opened the little box to show her an old-fashioned engagement ring with a diamond in the mount.

"Yes, Kenny, I want to marry you. I want to be with you forever too." She stared at the ring. "It's beautiful. Where'd you get it?"

"This belonged to my Grandma Seiver, but it's just a promise ring until we can get to Bledsoe or Indianapolis or wherever so you can pick one of your own."

She held out her finger and I slipped the ring on, finding it a better fit than I'd even hoped.

"I love it," she said, holding it up to watch the flames sparkle in the facets. "Do we have to get another one?"

"No but—"

"Good! I love you, Kenny, and I love my ring and I so look forward to being your wife."

She raised up on her knees to match me and pulled me in for a kiss, sealing our deal and bringing us together in harmony. Moments later, we were stripping each other's clothes and we made love once again, soft and tender, in front of the warmth of the fire.

We got engaged much quicker than I'd ever dreamed possible, but we weren't in a rush and weren't stupid. We had a nice, long engagement that lasted until Christmas the following year so we could honeymoon during Connie's winter break at school.

Over the years that followed, Halloween was always a special time for us, since the strange events of our first Halloween night were what had brought us together. I never knew why I'd had those strange and horrible thoughts while under the influence of that terrible opioid, but I couldn't help but always think I was glad things turned out as they did and that Connie and I found happiness with each other and lived happily ever after.