PUNKS Ch. 26: Jasmine Does Manhattan

Story Info
Joe keeps a promise.
10.6k words
994
0
2
Story does not have any tags

Part 26 of the 37 part series

Updated 07/08/2023
Created 03/25/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This chapter is rated R - no sex scenes.

August 1995

Tamara held Danny hostage for four nights before booking him a flight to LAX and sending him off. She even bought him clothes because the band had taken his bag back to LA. When Joe retrieved his stray cat at LAX, not a word was spoken for a long while until Danny broke the silence.

"Remember when I said helping me get my shit out of Michelle's apartment the way you did was the coolest thing anyone's ever done for me?"

"Yeah," Joe nodded, "that was fun."

Danny looked over, "This is up there too."

Joe smiled, "Tamara's pretty cool, huh?"

"Yeah, she is, and she's a little crazy too."

"How so?"

"She had me go to a bar alone. Then she showed up later and picked me up."

"And she put on a show for the other patrons, playing under the table and being obvious about it."

"Yeah." Danny looked at Joe. "What's up with that?"

"It's an exhibitionist thing. She loves that."

"Did you...?"

"Not with her, but I've played that game before."

"You did?"

"Yup," Joe said, "and I learned it from a chick in Paris. Did you have fun?"

"Yeah, it was fun, and she was really into it."

"It's the perfect game for her."

Back at the studio, after Danny got resettled and was ready for work, Joe pulled him into his office.

"With the recording done we'll be focused on setting up the tour. We have dates booked for Europe in early September. You can be part of the road crew if you're interested."

"Doing what?"

"Does it matter? It's a free trip to Europe. I have a sound guy we've used for years. You'd be working under Louis. You'll also be working with our guitar tech, Jonathan."

The kid's face lit up. "That sounds amazing."

"You'll need a passport."

Danny's expression went from elation to deflation.

"Don't worry. I know a woman who can expedite that, but you have to see her now, like tomorrow. I'll set it up."

"I don't know what to say. Thank you."

"Just do a good job and don't get into trouble and that will be thanks enough."

"I can do that."

Joe's tone turned earnest. "I've done what I can for you here. If you don't blow your money on booze, drugs and chicks, this world tour could pay enough for you to get your own place when we get back. You can't live in the studio forever."

"I've been saving every nickel I can," Danny said.

"I know you have. This should get you over the top."

City of Angels final CD was released days before they opened their 1995 dates to a sold-out LA Forum on Labor Day weekend. They then flew to London to start an eighteen-city Euro tour. The deal the band made was simple; keep each leg of the tour under four weeks with breaks between legs so Chico and PJ could see their families.

*****

In the few weeks leading up to the tour. Jenna and Joe talked often. She was concerned that his touring would break the winning streak they were on. Every visit to New York was timed and executed perfectly to frustrate Tina. She wanted to keep the pressure on. Jenna was also flabbergasted that Tina offered to let Joe fuck her in the ass.

"This confirms how desperate she is," Jen said. "I know my time with you is driving her nuts. That's why she offered you something I won't."

"You might have to step up your game, Jen. I mean, if she's offering me her tight little ass, I may have to abort this mission. T has an amazing bottom."

"Oh please. You're just messing with me."

"Am I?"

"I'm not letting you fuck my ass."

"Funny, that's what Tina used to say. Now it's on the table and I might have to take it."

Jenna went quiet, not knowing if Joe was teasing or being serious. She would believe it either way. She didn't want to tee him up for another wisecrack, so she waited for him to say something.

"I haven't told you anything about that night except she put her ass in the game, but there was other stuff going on. She was so sweet and kind, we had a nice talk. It just reminded me how good we are together, then the gin kicked in and she went straight to talking horny."

"That's what she does every happy hour. I know that scene well. She said you guys had a great date, she had one martini too many, and she was disappointed when you left."

"I know. The thing is, I love two-martini Tina, she's fun and uninhibited. I wanted to fuck her so bad, Jen. She invited me back to her office at 7:45. I wanted to go. I had a raging boner. If I didn't walk away when I did...I was going to fuck her."

"Well, that boner was gone by the time you got home to me."

"Maybe if your ass was in play."

"I know, Joe." Jen said softly. "In the end, you might get her ass after all. Don't take it now and ruin those chances."

"Why do you have to make sense all the time? It's so annoying. You can be a buzzkill."

Jenna laughed. "I'm pragmatic, Joe. I do what needs to be done." She took a breath. "Monday through Friday for fifteen years, that's how much time I've spent with her. I know Tina. You have to trust me. Don't sleep with her now. It would end it all... game over."

"I'm going to Europe, so you don't have to worry about it."

"You should call her from the road, just to keep channels open," Jenna suggested. "And please call me too."

"I will."

"I'm worried this tour is going to kill the momentum we have. Ever since Tamara's visit and our day in the city, Tina's been talking a lot about you. She believes we have something in common."

"What would that be, besides me?"

"A fear of Jasmine."

"Really? You're not afraid of Jas."

"I mentioned it'll suck having you in town but not staying with me. She took that as me being jealous, which I am a little. I'll admit it. Anyway, she says she can't wait to meet Jasmine."

"She wants to size her up."

"Yes, and T thinks this trip to New York is proof that you guys are getting more serious. Tina is definitely worried about her. More than she was before."

"I guess your idea to bring Jas off the bench is a good one."

"Yeah, but I can't say I'm thrilled she's gonna keep you from seeing me."

"It's only one visit. I promise to come back as soon as I can to make it up to you."

Joe kept his word, calling Tina from Paris to check in and then again from Amsterdam. He called Jenna from most cities. After a show in Germany, he called the gallery, there was no answer, so he left a message.

"Hey T, we have a three-day break in Cologne. You can reach me at my hotel." He left the number for her.

Late that night, the phone in his room rang. It was Tina and Jenna on speaker. They appeared to be in a good mood.

"Are you ladies working late?" He asked. "It's almost seven o'clock there."

"Work? Hell no. We're drinking in my office." Tina said with a giggle. "What time is it there?"

"12:52... AM."

"Oh, I'm sorry, Joe."

"It's okay. I wasn't sleeping."

"Do you have female company?"

"No T. I'm not doing that anymore. I'm road celibate."

"You're celibate and we're celebrating." Jenna seemed to scream.

"Jen, no need to yell," he said. "What are you celebrating?"

Tina shouted. "Tamara De la Croix. She's amazing, Joe. We love her."

"Are you girls drunk?"

"Hammered," Tina said.

"I'm not hammered," Jen said quietly to Tina.

"Because you drink like a Girl Scout," Tina giggled. "We had a fantastic meeting with her friends. They're buying thousands of my photos, Joe. Thousands!"

"And they're overpaying," Jenna shouted. "by a lot."

"There's no need to shout," Joe said. "I can hear you fine. I'm glad Tamara hooked you up, and that you like her."

"Like her? We love her, Joe." Tina said. "She really sold her people on my work. She gave them a sales pitch about images taken by an artist who truly loves New York, not some hired gun."

"Really? I wonder where that came from?"

"It came from you! She told us all the things you said; how passionate I am about my work and my city and that my love for New York shows in my photography. She told us everything."

"Everything?" Joe asked. "Like what?"

"Did you really let her play with your dick at The Starlight?" Tina asked.

"Let her? She didn't ask permission."

"And you didn't protest either." Jenna giggled.

Joe didn't answer. "Well, I'm glad you girls have something to celebrate."

"Joe," Tina said softly. "This will be in the high five figures for this year. They're throwing money at me. Next year they'll buy more. They're using them for room decor in luxury hotels. They have tens of thousands of rooms worldwide. I've never sold this much of my work." She laughed, "not even anything close. I can thank you for that."

"You can thank his big dick," Jenna said, causing more drunken laughter.

"She really digs you, Joe," said Tina. "You left an impression on Tamara."

"Tammy wishes he did," snickered Jenna.

"You girls are really drunk."

"We'll, after our meeting, Tamara invited us out." Tina said, "We just got back and decided to have one more. We found your message and decided to call you."

"You've been on our minds all evening." Jenna said.

"How so?"

"Jenna and I talked about the things we have in common." Tina said, "and that would be you. That started a whole discussion about the three amigos."

"Just what I need, women comparing notes."

"Don't worry it was mostly a PG conversation.

Jenna laughed, "With a few triple X moments."

Tina laughed, "After we finished our meeting with the clients I was putting prints away and Tamara pointed to a picture of the Statue of Liberty."

"This is great," drunk Jenna interrupted.

Tina continued. "And Tamara says, 'See that torch, that's tiny compared to the torch Joe's caring for you.' and she smiled at me."

Joe scoffed. "She didn't say that. It's too cheeseball for Tamara."

"Yes, she did." They said in unison.

"Then I said the torch is lit on both ends." Jenna said. "and our conversation moved from our business to talking about you. She said we were good girls for sharing you."

"You're not exactly sharing me."

Tina scoffed, "Especially since I'm not getting any."

"We're gonna meet her again for a happy hour sometime soon."

Joe wasn't entirely comfortable with the thought of these three women drinking and talking about him. There was a devious plot to break up a marriage in play. He didn't think it was wise to mix Tina, his fellow conspirators, and booze. Tina had one last comment before they let him go.

"Joe, I just want to say how grateful I am that you say such wonderful things about me. After all we've been through, and how much I've hurt you, you still treat me right. I don't feel I deserve your love, but it's always there." She paused. "Thank you. I love you."

"Love you, Joe." Jenna added.

"I love you too."

*****

When the Euro Tour ended Joe stopped over in New York for two nights before flying home. After weeks of celibacy, he lay with Jenna in bed discussing the next move. Joe was having a hard time with Jenna showing him so much love and affection while also being excited their plan seemed to be taking shape.

"Tamara was amazing. She almost made Tina cry telling her the things you said."

Joe didn't reply. He had something else on his mind. "Ya know, I had a lot of free time in Europe, did the museums and parks and pubs. I thought about you. What's going to happen if this plan succeeds and Tina wants me back? How are you going to handle that?"

"I've been thinking about it from day one," Jenna said, "I'm not saying it's going to be easy, but I'll be okay. This was the deal, Joe. You and I can have this time together, but there's an expiration date."

"I know, but are you sure you'll be okay?"

"No. I'm not sure. I think it will hurt to end this, but that's the deal I made with the devil."

"Am I the devil in this fable?"

"No. You're not. Maybe Tamara is. I never would have slept with you if it weren't for her. She put it in my head that I should get something out of this, for doing a good deed."

"I'm worried about you."

"Don't." Jenna said emphatically, "Stay focused on the plan. You're going to see Tina tomorrow, right? You need to do that. She's hurting, Joe."

"What do you mean hurting?"

"She's showing signs of cracking. That's what I mean. Tina is lamenting her life at home. Things are not good with Troy and our machinations have her thinking about what might have been. I mean, she's done that many times since you left, but it's been a long time since I've seen her this maudlin."

"I'll cheer her up tomorrow."

"That's not your mission. You're supposed to make her feel the loss. I swear she's nearing the breaking point. Troy's case is stuck in limbo and she's feeling trapped by his never-ending legal problems."

"So I'm supposed to pile more pain on the woman I love?"

"If you want her back."

The following day Joe showed up at Amethyst unexpectedly. He asked Brittany how T was doing. Brit leaned in and whispered. "She hasn't been great, but she'll be happy to see you."

When he appeared at Tina's office door, she was emotional and delighted to see him, but there was something else at play. He sat across from her at her desk.

"I've been having a rough couple of weeks," she said. "Troy's attorneys filed another motion to dismiss and insist the feds don't have a case. He's emboldened and wants to fight, even if it means a court trial. It's so depressing to think this could drag on another year."

"It's his fight, not yours, T. You can bail out at any time."

"Don't think that hasn't crossed my mind. I just think it would be wrong to leave him at this crucial time. His lawyers say it would complicate his case. It might cause people to think I know something and I believe he's guilty. It would be a contentious divorce."

"You've talked about divorce with his attorneys?"

"No, not exactly. They brought it up to me long ago, telling me I should stand by my husband. Troy needs me and any sign of trouble at home can be perceived as weakness, or that I see him as guilty."

"Have you spoken to any other attorneys, ya know, like someone looking out for your best interests and not the Wall Street criminal?"

Tina didn't answer. She went quiet. Joe waited.

"Two years ago. I had to look into it and see what my rights are. That guy scared the hell out of me. A divorce during this investigation would not look good."

"I don't think it would imply you see him as guilty. He's trashed your life and reputation. That's reason enough to cut bait."

"Apparently, some couples divorce during scandals to protect assets. If I walk away with fifty percent of everything, Troy can't lose that to the feds."

"So a divorce could appear to be a strategic move on his part."

"Yes. So I'm stuck if I care about his future, and I do."

"What if he's guilty, T? What if he did the crimes and stole that pension money? You're gonna let him destroy your future while you stand by him to protect his?"

"That's why it's so hard, Joe. I don't know what to do."

"I'm sorry, T. You know where I stand on this. I won't bore you with a lecture you've heard before."

"I have, and I appreciate you not beating a dead horse," she said, "Can we have drinks at The Cairo later? It would make me feel better. You're good at that."

"I can't, T. I'm sorry. I can't go back to that. I'm trying to go forward. The martinis make me weak, and you horny."

"You used to love that about me."

"I still do. That's why we can't have drinks."

"I know," Tina said sadly, "So your next visit is with Jasmine?"

"I'll be back in ten days. She has a list of things she wants to do that's straight out of the New York City tourism brochure." Joe smiled. "It's kinda cute."

"Try to not let your jaded opinion of my city ruin her fun."

"I love this city, T. I just can't live in it."

-- Mutual Concern --

Joe's studio phone rang mid-day. He peeked at the caller ID. It was a New York number he didn't recognize. "Hello."

"Hi, Joe. This is Tamara De la Croix."

"Hey, Tamara. This is a surprise. What's going on?"

"We need to talk."

"Sure, is there something wrong?"

"I'm concerned about Jenna."

"What about her? Is she okay? We just spoke last night."

Tamara sighed, "Yes, she's putting on a brave face for you. I don't think she thought this thing through to the end."

"I think I know what you mean. You're worried she'll be hurt if we win."

"Yes. I am. When I bring it up she dismisses my concerns, but if you feel the same, I think they're legitimate. Back when she told me all about your life in the West Village, it was all so romantic. Her love for you and Tina was all over that story, and I wanted to help her put her friends back together."

"I appreciate your help. Honestly, I wasn't sure what your role was in all this. You had an impact on Tina. Thank you."

"You already thanked me, hon. That was sweet of you."

"Danny's a good kid."

"Danny's a good man," Tamara corrected him. "Tina and Jenna are wonderful. It's easy to see why you love them, but this three amigos thing may not end well for Jenna."

Joe exhaled. "I'm worried about that and I told her so."

"What did she say?"

"The same thing she told you, she'll be okay. She knew the deal going in."

"Tina really impressed me. That girl has a lot going for her, and she's gorgeous. Everything you told me is true. Ya know, the fact she's not angry that you're fucking her best friend says a lot about Tina."

"She was angry at first, but I agree, she's handling it well, at least on the surface."

"Tina loves you, Joe. Her eyes lit up when I told her what you said about her. That's your girl, but now you have Jenna caught in the middle. She loves you too."

"I know she does."

"Joe, I mean she really loves you and I don't think she realizes how much she'll hurt if this scheme works."

"And what if her scheme doesn't work?"

"I don't know Tina well enough to be sure, but I suspect she will come to her senses."

"I'm not so sure, and I know T as well as anyone. She's a confused woman who can't decide what she wants. She insists on supporting her husband."

"Do you think he's guilty?"

"I have no idea. I've never met the man, but that'll change next week."

"Jenna told me you're bringing your LA girl here and Tina wants a double date."

"Yes. It's gonna be weird."

"That's what Jen said. She wishes she could be a fly on the wall."

"I already asked," Joe said, "but you didn't answer. What happens if the plan fails?"

"Are you asking me if Jen would want you for herself?"

"I guess I am."

"I don't know. That's a tough one." Tamara paused. "Forgive me for asking this, hon, but are you sure you know which one you want?"

Joe exhaled, "I am sure what I want, but the price is a problem."

"The price Jenna will pay?"

"The price either of them would pay."

After he hung up Joe stared at his phone pondering Tamara's question. He wanted Tina back. There was no doubt, but he also loved Jenna and the thought of her being a sacrificed for him and T made him feel there was no winning.

Joe understood what Jenna and Tamara's play was; to demonstrate to Tina how Joe loved and respected her, and her work. He didn't fully grasp how well it worked until Tina called him before he and Jasmine flew east.

"Tina?" Joe looked at the clock. "It's past midnight there. Are you okay?"

"I can't sleep and I was thinking of you."

"Are you home? What about Mr. White Collar Crime?"

"I'm in the guest bedroom."

"Are you not sleeping together?"

"We are, but if I can't sleep I come in here so I don't keep him awake."

"Does that happen often?"

"With our legal problems and the changes with my business, what do you think?" Tina sighed, "And it's been really bad lately."

"I'm sorry, T. What if he picks up the phone?"

"At this point, I don't give a fuck if he knows we're talking. We're friends. Joe. He'll have to deal with it."