Que Sera Sera

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Mindy reveals the talk that she and Sheila-Ann had, leaving out a few details. "So, she didn't say it in so many words, but I think she finds YOU hot stuff. I mean, why else would she ask what you're like in the sack?"

"She asked that?!" Ben grins as he's watching the road.

"Huh huh."

"And what did you tell her?"

"That you were sensitive to my sexual needs as well as your own. That you had great stamina."

He laughs out loud. "Ohmygod! And how'd she react?"

"Well, I think she's somewhat envious. She told me that she wouldn't do anything to lure—her word, lure—you away from me." She lets him think about that for a few moments. Then: "So, back to my original question. Do you find Sheila-Ann Hutton hot stuff?"

"Um, well, she's...Look, does it really matter? I'm seeing you, not her. Yes, she's an attractive woman, but there's no way I could date you AND her at the same time. I couldn't divide my emotions that way, not to mention all the tsuris it would cause between you two."

"Tsuris is my middle name these days, Ben. But things might be looking up. I've found a lawyer who will represent me, a woman who plays hardball and doesn't waste time. She's already talking to Sam's lawyer about a visitation schedule. Then we'll file for custody."

"And the apartment?"

"Looking at one tomorrow. Soon I'll be out of Sheila-Ann's hair, although, to be fair, she doesn't make me feel that way. I'd just feel better in my own place. And I'm sure you would, too."

Ben, in the process of doing a parallel park near the restaurant, says, "Not sure what you mean."

"Come on, let's be honest. You'd be free to carry on with Sheila-Ann with me out of her house."

He cuts the ignition, then turns in his seat to face Mindy. "Like I said, I couldn't—"

"Divide your emotions, I know. But I also know there's chemistry galore between you and my friend. I saw it bouncing off the walls. You don't need a sixth sense to notice these things. Like I told Sheila-Ann, you're not my exclusive property. I even gave her the go-ahead to see you if that's what she wanted once I'm out of her house. Yes, you told me you'd stand by me on my long road ahead. Much appreciated, but it's a road I must navigate alone, not drag other people into this."

Ben sits there, somewhat perplexed. "Sounds like you've found some much needed inner strength. You wouldn't be hurt?"

"Ben, I'm so mixed up right now, I don't know how I'd feel. Inner strength? Yes, I guess you can call it that. But I also know there's so much in life that's out of my control. Sam's hostility, for example, and what you and Sheila-Ann might feel for each other and where that might or might not lead. As my mom sometimes says, what will be, will be."

"Que sera sera."

"Que sera sera. Now, let's go in, I'm starved."