Quintessential Response

Story Info
Failing to agree about life changing events.
830 words
4.32
66.8k
59
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The Literotica 750 Word Project 2021; after ==== there are 750 words, the minimum allowed for a story, and the maximum for this challenge.

Just troping along, as is my norm, as if I had a norm. Please read my profile for my stance on comments. Feel free to email suggestions or to start a conversation. Private messages work too

Stevie Nicks: "Well did she make you cry, make you break down, shatter your illusions of love?"

====

This couldn't possibly be the woman I married. I listened as she quoted just about every cheater's cliché.

'I need to do this.'

'I've always wanted to try this.'

'Jack wants me and I want him.'

'It will only be this one time, and then we can go back to being just like we were before.'

When I objected, it was "No it won't kill our marriage. We both love each other too much for that to happen. I'm sorry you're not taking this better, but I've already decided."

"How can you say you love me, and do this?"

"I know it's hard to believe, but I do love you. I'm doing this for us."

I couldn't take it anymore. Exiting rapidly, I eventually slumped into my recliner.

The sound of Kym coming down the stairs roused me from my chair. I picked up my Glock revolver and met her just before she reached the landing. Spinning around the corner, I pointed the gun between her eyes.

Freezing on the stairs, Kym shrieked "Gordon! Oh gawd! Don't shoot!"

"SIT!" I screamed. She planted her scantily clad butt down quickly.

"Kym, I work with some guys who were deployed. They said they had to kill people at close range. I've always wondered what shooting someone between the eyes, at close range, would be like. It's just like you said, I too have always wanted to try this. The way I see it, this is exactly like you, with your desire to try different men."

"Please Gordon, please don't" the terrified words trembled out of her mouth.

Her fear was real, as well it should be. Did she really feel that I would roll over and accept her load of crap? Not only is she a cheating slut wife, she's a stupid delusional one as well.

"But Kym, you said I should allow you to expand your horizons. Is it always about you? I want to expand my horizons. Are you suggesting that what you want is more important than what I want?"

"There's a big difference. You'd be killing someone."

"Since you can't see the damage, do you think that you haven't killed me?"

"I won't go Gordon. We can get past this."

"Why can't I shoot? It would be just one time and then we can go back to being just like we were before. Isn't that what you told me?"

"It is what I said, but this is different."

"Now how is this different?

"I'll be dead."

"No deader than our marriage. You said what you were doing wouldn't affect us. What I'm doing won't affect us either."

I raised the gun, but stopped before it was pointing it between her eyes.

"Please don't kill me Gordon. I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry you're not taking this better but I've already decided, isn't that what you told me?"

Kym was sobbing so hard she was having trouble breathing.

"I won't go Gordon. Let's go make love."

"That's NEVER going to happen again SLUT. Do you really think you can ever sleep with me again? If I don't pull the trigger right now, someday you might not wake up again."

Kym sat with a blank stare as she gasped for air between sobs.

I continued "What made you think I wouldn't divorce you after you left today?"

"I won't leave. I told you I wouldn't go."

"No, you are leaving, and soon. Maybe you can live with JACK. If you don't take everything you value, right now, it may not be here when you get back. How long do you need?"

Howling she begged "Please Gordon. Let me make it up to you."

I aimed the Glock between her eyes again.

"Not interested Kym. Get upstairs and start packing, NOW!"

Ten minutes later Kym struggled down the stairs with two suitcases. I'd locked my Glock back in its case. Not knowing where I was, Kym shouted "I love you Gordon. We can work this out!"

When I didn't respond within a minute, Kym pushed her way outside, loaded her car, and drove off. I never wanted to see her again.

Shortly after Kym left, I split our finances. After sending emails to a divorce lawyer, I tried, but failed, to get a good night's sleep.

The police questioned me, but dropped it as a 'He said, she said' domestic dispute.

Sadly, Jack accidently fell down a flight of stairs in a parking garage, from the fifth level to the fourth. Several times.