Quirk of the Brain

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

There were 2 slow songs in a row as well, and they never broke their clench as the second song started. Martin was lost in the feeling of this beautiful, soft woman who smelled positively amazing. As the song wound down, Vicki took advantage of the slight drop in music volume to say a few words.

"Martin, I am one horny bitch," she whispered in his ear. "How about taking me back to your place and doing something about that."

Martin took her hand and returned to the bar, settling the tab and letting the bartender know they had no more need of the drinks. He did not seem surprised.

She had taken an Uber to the club so they climbed into his car and Martin started the drive back to the condo he had purchased. It was small but he appreciated not having to maintain a lawn anymore.

"Vicki, maybe I'm asking this a little late, but how much have you had to drink?"

"That was my first glass of wine on the bar when you walked up. Why?"

"Because I don't take advantage of drunk women."

"No worries there, Martin."

They pulled into his underground garage and took the elevator up to his floor. Vicki hung on him the entire time, with them managing a few very passionate kisses here and there.

As soon as the door as closed Vicki grasped the bottom of her dress and pulled it off over her head. Martin had been expecting there to be no bra but was surprised at the lack pf panties. He openly admired Vicki's nude body, from her long, brown hair, to her large full breasts, to her lush dark brown bush, and down her long, muscular legs.

"My God, Vicki. You're stunning."

"Thank you, Martin. But are you just going to look, or are you going to touch?"

"Oh, definitely touch."

"Then show me to your bedroom."

Martin took her hand and led her down the hall. It was fortunate that Dallas was staying with her mother this weekend, though he'd have made other arrangements if he'd had to.

Vicki lay on her back on the bed, spreading her legs and running a couple of fingers up and down her wet slit.

"Undress for me, Martin. Slowly."

Martin removed his shirt first, undoing each button one at a time starting at the top. The shirt fell to the floor when he was done and he moved immediately to removes the jeans he was wearing. His rock-solid erection made that more difficult than it should have been, but with Vicki now sliding a couple of fingers inside of herself there was no way it was going down.

Finally, naked himself, Martin went to join Vicki on the bed.

"You have condoms, I hope."

Martin did have a small supply in his bedside drawer and pulled them out, placing them on the nightstand.

"Strap one on, big boy. I need a good fucking right now."

Vicki adjusted her position to give Martin more room on the bed, and he wasted no time getting between her legs and sliding its full length inside, balls-deep on the first thrust. He was hard, she was wet, and it worked to perfection. His lips met hers and he pushed in and out of her as fast as he could. Vicki urged him on.

"Fuck me, Martin! Oh yeah, fuck me!"

Martin drilled his rigid cock in and out of Vicki over and over. He had to readjust his position a couple of times, finally ending up on his knees and enjoying the amazing sight of Vicki's C-cup tits bouncing back and forth as he fucked her. She was rubbing her clit hard in time with his thrusts and she came just seconds before he did.

Vicki climbed on to her knees and shoved Martin on to his back. She ripped the condom off and immediately took his cock in her mouth, cleaning him of the cum that had coated his dick after she took the rubber off. He was hard again quickly, no mean feat for a man in his forties, and she quickly straddled him, bareback.

Martin considered saying something, but the velvety warmth of Vicki's pussy felt too good, and he could always deal with any consequences, he thought. But he needn't have concerned himself as she went only a few strokes before pulling off.

"Just wanted to feel the real thing for a minute," she said with a smile before pushing her pussy into Martin's face and taking his cock into her mouth in a 69. Martin had wanted a taste of her and had been briefly disappointed when they went right into fucking. But it all worked out in the end.

They finally came to a rest after more than an hour of continuous, and great, sex. Martin was on his back, with Vicki on her left side and cuddled against him. They weren't sleeping exactly, but relaxed in that odd limbo between sleep and awake. Martin sensed rather than saw Vicki raise her head.

"Martin?"

"Mmm?"

"It just occurred to me that there was a...an erectile dysfunction side to your story. Am I remembering that right?"

"I was wondering if you'd remember that."

"I thought so. Obviously, that's not an issue anymore. What happened?"

"A couple of months after the...incident with the oak tree I started feeling a, well, a tingle is how I described it. It was how I think it would feel when a paralyzed limb starts to regain feeling. That went on for a few weeks and then one day I woke with morning wood. It didn't last very long but it was there."

"Were you still married at this point? Did you say anything to your wife?"

"Legally married, yes, but it was just about over. We had been living apart for several weeks and no, I didn't say anything. It was none of her business. Over the next few months I started getting morning erections more and more often, and even got one occasionally during the day. After 8 or 9 months things were pretty much back to normal."

"What did the doctors say?"

"They didn't have an answer; not a real one at least. They ran all kinds of tests and scans and compared to the same ones I had when it wasn't working and there was nothing they could point to. They ultimately attributed it to a quirk of the brain."

"Do they think hitting the tree, or your head I guess, fixed the problem?

"They just don't know. It might have been the tree, or it might have been the brain just finally healing itself. There's no way to know."

"Well, lucky me, then. I assume it's okay if I stay the night?"

"How else are going to have sex again in the morning and then have breakfast together?"

They adjusted themselves away from the wet spot, as best they could anyway, and Martin pulled the blankets over them both and they settled in to sleep. But Martin had one more question.

"Vicki?"

"Mmm."

"Do you think you're ready for another serious relationship?"

There was a long pause and Martin was afraid he had made a mistake and scared her. He half expected her to climb out of the bed and ask to be taken home. There was no doubt about her attractiveness to him. And not just her physical beauty. She was intelligent and he enjoyed her company. It certainly wasn't love yet, but she was the first woman she had met since his divorce that he had even had that thought about.

"Can we talk about that in the morning?"

"Sure. Good night, Vicki."

"Good night, Martin."

[::::::::::}

Vicki woke up earlier than Martin. He looked peaceful so she just let him sleep. She availed herself of his shower and then went into the kitchen to see what she could rustle up for breakfast.

Martin's question just before bed took her by surprise. Not that she wasn't attracted to him but she really had just been focusing on having a good time. She had been telling herself for months she didn't need a man in her life, and on a certain level that was true. She had a good job and some great friends, so she didn't need a man. But if she was completely honest with herself, she did want one. But would a decent guy even want her after she told him the truth.

Martin was awoken by the smell of something cooking. He stumbled into the kitchen to find Vicki had made use of his shirt from last night and had found the apron he kept hanging in his pantry.

"I was going to take you out to breakfast."

"Too late now. You can take me out to lunch. Go grab a quick shower and breakfast should be ready."

Ten minutes later Martin had rejoined Vicki in the kitchen just as she was setting out plates on the table. There was an omelet, a couple links of sausage, and a piece of buttered toast.

"Didn't know I had sausage in there."

"It was buried in the freezer. I hope it's still good."

Martin bit into one of the links and told her it tasted fine. Breakfast itself was relatively quiet, and Martin took on the task of cleaning his kitchen since Vicki had done him the courtesy of doing the cooking. They chit-chatted about nothing in particular while that was done, and when the last dish had been stowed in the dishwasher he turned to Vicki.

"You ready to talk."

"As ready as I'll ever be."

"Look, Vicki, I don't want to put you on the spot or get into your business. If you have no interest in anything but a hook-up then it is what it is. You don't owe me anything."

"I know that. It's just, I have some things to tell you and...can we do this in the bedroom? I'll be more comfortable there."

They joined hands and went into the bedroom. They sat on the bed facing each other and Vicki grasped both of Martin's hands, holding them tight.

"Martin, I know we really only met last night, as least as people in the real world. I think you're a great guy and I'm definitely attracted to you, but there's some things I need to tell you.

"I told you that my husband left me for a 20-year old, and that was true. But it wasn't the whole story. The main reason he left me is because I can't have children. He wanted a family and went out to find someone that could give him one. He didn't want to adopt. He saw not having kids of his own as some sort of failure, and I was the cause of it. And no, I really have no idea how he's been since the divorce."

"I'm a guy in his forties with a grown daughter. I wouldn't have objected to kids but it's no deal breaker."

"I'm glad to hear that. The other thing I want you to know, well, at least I want to be honest about, I'm not too proud of. After the divorce was final I was feeling pretty bad about myself. I was getting older and I had just lost my husband to a woman nearly half my age. I'm 37, if you're wondering."

"I was but no way was I going to ask."

They both gave a little chuckle.

"I was also feeling, well, incomplete I guess is the best word. The truth is I didn't really feel much like a woman at all. How can you be a woman and not be able to have children? I know what you're thinking, but that's how I felt at the time. So, I set out to prove I was a woman. And if I couldn't be a woman by having children than I was going to be a woman by satisfying men. Lots of them, and anonymously for the most part.

"I named myself Angela and I never failed to go home with someone when I wanted to. It went on like this for months until I recognized it for the self-destructive behavior that it was and I started seeing a therapist. Even then I continued to do it, though less often, until I finally reached a point in my life where I was able to stop."

"Isn't that what you were doing last night?" Martin asked carefully.

He wasn't judging and didn't want her to think he was, but she'd been a cougar on the prowl last night, of that there was no doubt.

"Yes, it was. I still have needs as a woman and I go out to have them met sometimes. But where before I would usually end up leaving with whoever asked me first, now I am selective about who I choose. There have been a lot of nights where I went home alone and, you know, took care of things myself."

"I suppose I should be glad I passed the test."

"You did, Martin, you did. I'm really enjoying my time with you, and to answer your question I would like very much to explore something more with you, but I wanted to be honest about what I've been through. I did have myself tested and I never caught anything, which was incredibly fortunate. I don't need birth control but can get a note from my doctor if you'd like proof. Assuming you want to try, I'd like us both to get tested and agree to be exclusive."

Martin sat in silence for a few minutes. Vicky waited patiently but did worry if she had given him cause for concern about a possible relationship. Finally, he seemed ready to respond.

"Vicki, thank you for your honesty. I know that must have been very hard. I guess I owe you the same. Our experiences aren't entirely different. After my divorce, I was glad to have gone through with it but still feeling depressed at my lack of ability to perform. I didn't see how I'd ever get a woman and was facing the prospect of life all alone.

"I had my own therapist and he pointed out that, as we get older, many women lose their interest in intercourse and prefer affection of a non-sexual variety. That still felt like I'd have to find a woman much older than me or have to wait several years.

"When I started getting erections again, and even when it seemed everything was back to normal, I was still not in a great place. And like you felt you needed to prove you were a woman, I felt like I needed to prove I was a man. I went out a lot myself to find women to bed, proving, at least in my mind, what a stud I was.

"I wasn't any more selective that you were. Some of the women were kind of...well, let's just say I rode several town bikes and had a turn with a lot of the town doorknobs. This went on for some time and I wasn't as fortunate as you were. It was a bout with gonorrhea that woke me up. That and having to admit to my doctor that I hadn't any idea what the names of my sexual partners had been. We got it cleared up and I started focusing on my behavior in my therapy.

"It's been a long time since I was with a woman without protection but I'll be happy to get tested, and I have no problem with exclusive. In fact, that would be a deal breaker."

"So, we're going to give this a go, then? You and me?" Vicki asked, batting her eyes and knowing it wasn't a real question.

"You bet we are," Martin answered, despite his knowledge the question was rhetorical.

Martin's condom supply was exhausted by lunch time.

[::::::::::}

The almost unavoidable confrontation with Diana came after Martin and Vicki had been seeing each other for about 3 months. Their relationship was very strong, and Vicki and Dallas got along great. They still had their own residences but spent every night together, and they seemed headed for marriage.

They had gone out to a club, one geared toward the more mature set. The music was played by a DJ and the interior walls were designed to separate the dance floor from the tables, allowing for actual conversation.

Martin and Vicki were enjoying their drinks and chatting about this and that. The evening was going well so Vicki was perplexed when Martin's smile suddenly disappeared and his eyes were looking past her. Her eyes followed his.

Martin and Diana had seen each other at virtually the same time. While Martin's face went neutral, Diana's face carried a sneer as she made her way to the table.

Diana had remained bitter since the divorce, even after this much time. She still believed she hadn't really done anything wrong except perhaps not being discreet enough. But having her sexual needs fulfilled by another man when her husband wasn't up to the task definitely did not make the list of things done wrong. So, when she approached the table it was not her intention to be nice.

"Marty, how nice to see you," Diana said in a voice that made clear she was being sarcastic.

"Diana. Vicki, this is my ex-wife Diana. Diana, this is Vicki," Martin said as introduction, though he'd have preferred not to.

"It's nice to meet you Diana. I've heard a lot about you."

"Have you now? Well, I've heard absolutely nothing about you," Diana responded bitterly.

"We're divorced, Diana. Have been for over a year. My life is none of your business anymore. Now, if you wouldn't mind..."

Martin left the sentence hanging but the implication was clearly that he was inviting her ex-wife to leave them alone.

"Oh, of course Martin. Wouldn't want to intrude on your date. But Vicki, there is something I should tell you."

"And what would that be?" asked Vicki, glancing over at Martin before returning her eyes to Diana.

"You probably don't want to bother with this one. We got divorced because he can't get it up anymore."

Martin watched Vicki carefully for her response, and Vicki moved to stifle a small giggle. She directed her next statement to Martin, raising her eyebrows as she said it.

"Is that right? I don't think you mentioned that."

Martin just shrugged. This was Vicki's game.

Diana thought she had them, had thrown a monkey wrench into Marty's relationship like he had done with her and Bill. She was going to enjoy this. Her happiness was short-lived, however.

"That's a good thing, then, because if that thing I was bouncing up and down on last night wasn't erect, then an actual erection would probably kill me!"

Diana's smile faded just as quickly as Martin's came up. Vicki and Martin were exchanging looks that were subtly mocking Diana's sad attempt at coming between them, and Diana just became confused.

"Wait, what is she talking about, Marty? You're not telling me the damn thing is working, are you?"

"Like a champ, Diana. As good as ever."

"But how is that possible? Did they find the problem? Did they find a cure?"

Martin and Vicki remained silent, letting Diana just get more excited.

"C'mon Marty. That problem ended my marriage. I think I deserve to know what was wrong, at least."

The smile dropped from Martin's face.

"First of all, Diana, your fucking around ended our marriage, not my condition. I admit it made things harder but you made the choice to do what you did, not me. Secondly, you don't deserve shit. We're divorced and my business is just that, my business."

"C'mon Marty. You can blame my choices all you want, and I can't say you're wrong, but I wouldn't have made that choice if things were normal."

"All right, Diana. The doctors kept running tests but have no idea why it started working again. It just did. They think that whatever the problem was after I had that first accident just needed time to fix itself. If you had stuck with me, in sickness like our vows had said, and been patient then we'd still be married."

Diana's mouth hung open as her mind tried to find something to say. The information shocked her. Martin had considered giving credit to the incident with the tree but thought Diana would claim some sort of perverse credit. She might claim that she had caused him to get his performance back by driving him to hitting the tree with her cheating and that he somehow owed her. Better not to go down that road.

"I can't...I can't believe it. God must really hate me."

"He just wants to be like everyone else," Martin muttered.

"What was that?" Diana asked with a glare.

"Nothing. Nothing at all. So now you know. Can you please leave us to the rest of our evening?"

Diana stood in thought for about 30 seconds, then looked Martin in the eyes.

"You're right, Marty. I'm sorry. I was wrong to do what I did. I was short-sighted and selfish. I should have been stronger. I messed up a good marriage. I'm sorry."

Diana turned and left, not just their table but the club itself. Martin and Vicki watched her until she disappeared from their view, actually feeling bad for her. Then Martin turned back to Vicki.

"Let's dance, my love."

[::::::::::}

Epilogue

Martin and Vicki married 6 months after the confrontation with Diana at the club, and little Ella came along about 9 months later.

Wait a minute, you're probably thinking. Vicki can't have children. Well, she can't. Allow me to explain.

Martin and Vicki had been married just a few months when Martin heard the words every man dreads: 'We need to talk'.