Raven Nevermourn Ep. 012: LoverSlain

Story Info
Goodbye to Romance...Hello to Lovers Lane! Dead End!
6k words
4.82
2.4k
1
2
Story does not have any tags

Part 12 of the 18 part series

Updated 09/14/2022
Created 02/02/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Detective Heather Choi heard her doorbell and lifted her head from her pillow, groggy perception followed. Wincing at her alarm clock she realized it was early morning. Climbing out from under her cocoon of blankets she heard the buzzer again. "I'M COMING!" She yelled then painfully narrowed her eyes after a hardcore drunk to help her sleep. She was not a huge drinker but today was a welcomed diversion considering what she had been through.

Trying to think clearly she paused at her hallway corner to reconsider answering it, "What if it's that demon in some Jehovah's Witness guys?" She retreated to her bedroom and grabbed her gun from her closet where her holster draped from a closet door hook. She then pondered if that would be a mistake, after all anyone the Incubus inhabited were innocent souls. She would save them as they sought to save her. Cautiously returning as the bell rang again she eased to her curtains to peer out. Shocked she went to the door and unlocked the deadbolt.

Taking a deep breath she opened up her door wide and pointed her gun directly at..."Don't even try mind wiping me."

"I wouldn't think of it." Jezzabel...did she have a last name?...coyly grinned, "May we talk?"

"About what? Demonic possession? Succubus seduction? Young girls who lay crying in their beds not understanding why their parent left them all alone in the world?"

"Raven Moore!"

"Nevermore!"

"That old trick? William was such a mimic."

"You knew Shakespeare?"

"Of course not? How old do I look?" The redhead rolled her eyes. "I just turned 36...don't tell anyone."

"So...you're not some immortal witch or something."

"Witch yes...immortal no. No broomstick save for the one in my pantry. Well. Granny's pantry, I'm rather in between living arrangements."

"Just get to it. What's your connection to this demon? Raven for that matter."

"Sugar is what you might call...a messenger...a nuisance...a pain in my...well my old birthmark."

"Old birthmark?"

"Yes...may I come in?"

"Not making you coffee."

"Good! I prefer my own brew."

"Eye of newt?"

"If the mix calls for it. I normally let my Mother, and Grandmothers stir in the ingredients. Mine are simply barley and children of the corn." She produces a tin flask from her leather jacket's inside pocket and wiggles it. "Distill my heart!"

"Cute! I suppose I owe you for saving those girls on the bus...even though the mental trauma will scar them for life."

"I did my best. Sugar...Argus was way ahead of me I'm afraid. He moves about fluidly amongst the male gender at lightning speed. I track him the best I can but normally avoid him unless he seeks to...harm my family. Myself included." Heather steps aside and allows Jezzabel to step in, she glaring about at her furnishings and décor. "Korean?"

"Born there. I've lived in the states since I was five years old. My Mother moved here to give us a new life."

"You have a good relationship with your Mother?"

"Of course! Ah...you're soul searching."

"That my dear Detective is a loaded subject. Pursuit of even! Yes I am a Succubus...like Raven..."

"Redheads both. Daughter I presume? Seeing as you're questioning me about my own relationship with my Mom."

"Yes! Raven is my daughter. I...was forced to give her up. As did my Mother in abandoning me, her Mother, her Mother, so on and so on. When each of us turn eighteen our birthmarks transfer to our next in line. A very dark...way of life that does not have time to raise children."

"That sucks."

"Can you lower your gun? I'm not here to harm you. In all honesty I could simply wink at you and you would be sucking my toes uncontrollably. However, I am here peacefully."

"Yeah, let's not get you off on the wrong foot." Heather shows her fearless nature.

"You are a strong soul."

"From Seoul. Let's leave it at that. Get to the point."

"While I truthfully have no concerns over the welfare of others...of late...I find peace in seeking the light. You must understand that a succubus is predominantly evil. My family has supported one another once found again. My Mother located me when I turned 18 and got me through the hardships of Argus. Like he attempted to do with Raven, I was impregnated upon my 18th. birthday. He burned down the farm of the family that took me in. They were spared but...I had to leave them to protect them from further risk. This is why I left Raven at an orphanage."

"What if she had been adopted by someone?"

"I prevented that. I cast a spell of isolation around her. She was quite unaware as a baby. I...did my best to safeguard her...give her a semblance of a normal life without the struggles of losing family. Once Argus completes his job he will be off to enforce the next seeding."

"So, he's still here. Unsuccessful?"

"Raven is...different. We are trying to discern how, but she seems to be a balance of dark and light. The mark moving from me to her responds in a manner that my family deems...unhealthy."

"Is a succubus always a witch?"

"No! It just so happened my lineage is. They can be anywhere."

"Large numbers?"

"Roughly 400,000, give or take."

"Wow! That's...worrisome."

"Indeed! Some are quite dedicated to feeding on schedule. Population control you might say. For a time I fell into that category, yet surpassed it and defined myself to only feeding on the wicked. A trait my family showed me how to achieve."

"Killers any way you look at it."

"An unfortunate side effect I'm afraid. You must understand we do not have a choice. The mark forces us to prey on souls."

"So just stop indulging."

"If only it were that simple." She frowns with a sigh, "With each soul we feast upon we share it with a darker force than we. Should we all refuse this world would perish. It is we that prevent as religion calls it...the apocalypse. The gates are weak as it is. In sharing our meals the dark ones are content to remain in the shadows."

"Satan?"

"He might be one...there are too many to truly capture a given name. The term Satan is made up by the vices of men in my opinion. Not to say there isn't one amongst them, I really do not know."

"So legends are made up."

"In most cases yes. Back to Raven? As I said, her mark is acting strangely in tune with both factions. She has no idea how to control it, for what it's worth, none of us do. The problem with that is...the dark will always fight back the light. Therefore Raven is in danger of facing things more deadly that Argus. As long as the light is present on this plain of existence the dark will attempt to extinguish it."

"What did you do at the morgue?"

"With your...lover? Rescued him from Argus before he was hurt far worse than he was. If you notice I distorted the cameras to protect him. What he did was not his fault...well, I'm afraid old habits on my part forced him to continue touching himself until he passed out. Once I use my magic the allure I secrete forces men within close proximity to...sin of the flesh. I did contain his intentions solely to himself. Defiling the body when I was gone would have made him insane."

"Her eyes...the Drewbeck woman, they had a pentagram around the pupil, a halo as well."

"An interesting effect I must say. The pentagram recognized me and for a brief moment attached itself to my palm. The halo ignored me but once the pentagram left the body the halo went elsewhere. I had to leave in a hurry out of fear that the pentagram might make me consume your lover."

"He...wasn't my lover until after the fact. Did you...you did blow me a kiss and offer a hand heart sign."

"I only suggested that you both stop hiding your feelings for one another. Emotions are easy to define. You are welcome by the way."

"Yeah, I've been putting him off. I'm a tad awkward in relationships."

"No longer! Enjoy him you deserve happiness."

"You ever have a relation..." Heather pauses with a tick, "Probably not!"

"Nothing serious! In my line it's as they say...wham bam thank you man."

"Ma'am!"

"That's what he said." Jezzie smirks. "So, as to my real reason for bothering you...I sense your concern for my daughter, hiding the facts that you know to protect her. Thank you! She can use an advisor."

"Go between? To keep closer tabs on her? You should just get to know her. She's a good kid...when she's not...bad. I see more good than bad. It was obvious she was willing to sacrifice herself to save her friends."

"Yet, if my Grandmother and I had not intervened Raven would have sucked the police officers that Argus was inhabiting dry of their souls. They would have been cremated and left to the wind. Once she completely gives in to the mark while it's acting as it was designed to, her appetite will escalate. Innocents will be harmed in her wake."

"So what good will I be? Just a friendly shoulder?"

"Yes! I..." Jezzie notes Heather's pajamas, "What is this peculiar feline on your night wear?"

"Hello Kitty? You've never heard of her?"

"Not even remotely...familiar." She mused and brushed Heather's shoulder as if removing hair, she owning an actual Familiar in sharing Sabastian. One she recently acquired after Argus took over Sabastian Caine in traffic to pursue Raven when in a taxi. In a hurry Jezzie needed a car and his was perfect. Seducing Sabastian Caine she rather liked his company and made him her familiar. He liked pussy so why not let him enjoy himself.

"Any idea why this Argus is having trouble knocking up Raven?"

"The mark as I said is acting with the light as much as it is the dark. I think the light is refusing to let Argus get to her. No matter what, he will keep trying. I believe he used the girls to lower her guard so that the dark would dominate long enough for him to succeed."

"How does that work, him using another man's semen?"

"His magic taints theirs. Quite effectively!"

"I never asked Raven, but when my associates on the force were taking her in the yard, did the one inside her vagina get off?"

"I believe so, but..."

"But what?"

"The light might manipulate and refuse it from being active. When Argus first took her she managed to ward it off. Therefore I would be curious to know if she has done so again."

"Maybe she's sterile."

"If that were the case...she would be the first."

"Gotta start somewhere."

"The apocalypse? You are correct."

"Uhh? Not exactly what I meant...question...do I have to fear for my life?"

"Of course you do. As do I by interfering in my daughter's life. As do my family in accepting me. We still feed enough to sustain, but once the mark transfers, so do our abilities to share portions with the darkness. We become expendable. Only magic gives us a chance."

"Alright! I'll keep an eye on her."

"As will Argus...one of many as you now know."

"Just how many bodies can he take over at one time?"

"In his true form he has hundreds of eyes. To my knowledge he can focus enough to claim as many as a single eye can look through."

"So...hundreds?"

"Yes."

"Damn! Let's hope he doesn't take over an army base."

"Been there, done that." Jezzie bragged, "Couldn't resist! For the record? None were harmed. I simply needed laid."

"Nympho, huh?"

"Sweet Heather...a Succubus puts that name to shame."

"Wait! Does that mean you possess guys too?"

"No dear! I entrance! They get what they want, and so do I."

"Nice! In a twisted kind of way."

"We should go for drinks sometime when things...if things...forget I offered." She knew that event might never find time as long as Argus was involved. With the light creating friction

"Never?"

"This might be the closest chance we have." She again shakes her tin flask. The shine of it making Heather dart her eyes curiously in following it. "Drink for the road?"

"Fuck it! I already have a hangover. Might sober me up."

"Enlighten you at least." Jezzie unscrews the cap and takes one swig, then wipes the spout off of her saliva. Passing it to Heather the Detective hissed an almost objection but went ahead and took a drink. Hissing again at the bitter taste she shakes her head with an accompanied shiver.

"What is that stuff? Battery acid? No way is that made with barley."

"Did I say barley? I meant barely! It's Pussy juice! Fermented for a year."

"I just know you're serious. Yours?" Heather scowled and wagged her tongue as if hoping to remove the taste in her mouth.

"Hellen's no! Mine would drive you insane for weeks."

"Yeah, let's not scratch that witch. Itch! See even I can slip in clever word tricks."

"Exactly why I like you Detective Choi. Not to mention it appears my daughter is charmed by you as well."

"I liked her the first time we spoke. Innocent and lost, we've all been there."

"Hmf! Hello Kitty you say? Hello!" Jezzie puts her flask away and once more brushes Heather's shoulder off, this time the opposite one. A burning sensation agitates her fingertips into a quick withdrawal.

"Static shock?"

"Yes! I think so. I'll be in touch." Jezzie turns away and peers at her fingers briefly finding them with tiny halos dead center of each finger. A second later they faded away. Eyes flaring she turns the doorknob and takes her leave, closing the door behind her. Locking up behind the visitor Heather fidgeted a bit then heard her tummy growl.

"I need to eat something." Locking back up she went to her kitchen cabinet and found a box of Fruit Loops and snickered, they were the Caticorn limited addition kind from Kellogg's. "Guess I'm a sucker for cute kitties." Going to the fridge she peered in and realized a tragic moment, "Fuck! I forgot to buy milk."

Yep! She was hissed...pissed too.

********

"Hi! My name is Gwen Alonzo, I'm calling to arrange an appointment to discuss options on burying my late...ex-husband. He has no other family outside of myself and our daughter. Yes, cremating is in his Will the last I knew." Within Gwen, Hector's soul informed her of no change. "I'm not worried of the cost. Yes! His body is at the morgue uptown currently. When they are done I'd like to get this done as soon as possible. He deserves to be laid to rest."

"I do indeed!" Hector sighed, "I suppose we'll both be ashes soon Brandon ole' boy."

"Asses to asses?" Brandon chuckled his soul alongside Hector's in Gwen's beautiful body.

"Bust to bust?" Hector joins his banter, "She does have two cheeks, and two breasts."

"And, two annoying perverts." Gwen retaliated under her breath, "Stop it please I'm conducting business here. YES! I'll be in touch soon. Thank you for the help." She hung up then rolled her eyes, "QUIT THINKING ABOUT A THREESOME! IT'S IMPOSSIBLE AND YOU KNOW IT!"

"Challenge accepted!" Brandon laughed.

"Oh dear God!" She tried not to smile but it was impossible to hide. It took her daughter Jody to walk into the room and catch her to contain her temptation to touch herself. Now was really not the time. Nor was it technically feasible!

"Everything okay here Mom?"

"Yes! I just spoke with the funeral home about cremating your Father's body. Once the morgue is done we can lay him to rest."

"Asstray!" Brandon mumbled.

"You before me Ashhole!"

"I'm glad you boys are getting along so fabulously." Gwen told them mentally while looking at Jody. "Can you please control yourselves so that Jody does not get the wrong idea?"

"Mom?" Jody winced with suspicion, "Are Dad and Brandon..."

"Remembering good times Sweetie!" She tried to hide her reluctance toward the truth.

"Ember in remember!" Hector laughed.

"Member in remember. God I miss my dick."

"So do I." Gwen confessed.

"Hey! How do you think I feel?" Hector grumbled, "My pecker blew up."

"Mine went up like a cigarette before and after sex. And, Gwen didn't even get to take a final puff."

"Brandon? I did inhale you."

"Right! Final blowjob. Go me!"

Gwen couldn't keep it in any longer. Jody thinking her bonkers merely smirked and turned tail for the kitchen. While hunger at the moment seemed less appealing, water was sorely needed. With their bottled water out of stock, tap water it was. Filling a glass from the kitchen sink she trailed the circular rim of the glass for no apparent reason. Unseen by her eyes the lip of the glass lit up like a halo. Fading quickly she took her first drink and it was like the best drink ever, guzzling it until empty. "Ahhhh! So good!" Her body refreshed she felt more alive than ever.

Peering out the kitchen window into the back yard she found her adorable lover Raven Mourn sitting out by Tiny's grave. After the insanity of last night's strange visitation by Jeffrey Skinner it seemed that Raven felt closer to the deceased canine than ever. While traditionally dead the pup was quite limber around her as if an animated corpse gone rogue.

"So crazy!" Jody admitted. As if responding to her thought the chihuahua stopped running and looked directly at Jody. Fiery red eyes now a soft white glow. A wagging tail made Jody smile. "At least you're in a better place Lil' guy!" Frank Skinner thought so too, the former owner of Tiny whose soul residue kept his pup lively, if not alive. It was fun just seeing Raven giggling as she threw a twig and Tiny fetched it every time. "How is any of this possible?" Sighing she filled her water glass one more time and indulged. "Mmmmm! I never knew water could be so good." Inspiration struck, "Shower time!" Off to the bathroom she went.

In passing by the dresser mirror that had been reconstructed she caught a peripheral glimpse of her body glowing white as if a ghost, wings flowing behind her. Stopping mid mirror she tilted her gaze if not her body. For the very first time she saw herself as an angel. "Whoa! Pretty pretty!" Yes she was.

While admiring herself, something inexplicable occurred. A spectral other form appeared to step out of her body and actually increase in size to tower over her. An incredibly muscular woman with armor on. A glint of anger within her expression as she looked at Jody from behind. Not once did they meet eyes because the second Jody turned around the angelic form was gone. Swallowing nervously Jody trembled, "She didn't look happy."

Her own glow missing in her reflection she concluded her powers were trying to tell her something, what she did not know. Water calling her Jody stripped off her borrowed t-shirt and climbed in under a warm waterfall and simply stood there eyes closed to enjoy the peace. While immobile her thoughts went strangely back in time, witnessing her Mother and Father over her as a baby. Water pouring over her head from a cupped palm. Blinded by the water as a babe her eyes focused on the Priests hand above her, on it was a circular halo which deviously turned to a pentagram. As if a waking nightmare Jody's eyelids popped wide. "That really didn't happen when I got baptized did it?" Surely not! Relax!

********

Back in the living room Gwen sat on the couch alone with her mates. Having recently located a bottle of wine she stretched out on the sofa and reflected on everything. Hector and Brandon trying their best to help her relax. She was incredibly tense after all she had been put through the last 48 hours or less. Only having her lovers near kept her sane, most of the time. She was getting used to them as long as they gave her space, difficult considering, but they were discovering ways.

"Lord I could use a massage. My feet still hurt from walking so much yesterday."

"Wish I could help Babe." Brandon truly did.

"I know Honey!"

"Perhaps we can." Hector posed, "I was able to flare up my soul to give you strength out at the lake. Perhaps Brandon and I can join forces and double up and see what it does to your muscles. It would be an interesting experiment."

"I'm in." Brandon spoke, "Literally, but you know what I mean."

"We're all in this together."

"You guys are still thinking about a threesome." Gwen rolled her eyes, "Be realistic we all know that is impossible."

12