Real Love Ch. 14

Story Info
The saga of Bradley Weber continues.
13.5k words
4.77
4.8k
7
0

Part 14 of the 30 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 05/27/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
MDSW
MDSW
519 Followers

Writer's Notes:

'Real Love' is my personal tribute to JammyJimmy's (JJ) story, 'Threads: The Island'. I give JJ credit, because credit is due, for this story and for my own inspiration and entrance into writing. 'Real Love' is actually the first story I wrote, even before 'Tale of Two Teens', my first published story.

As I was writing this story way back when, I was hoping JJ would be the editor. Having been unable to make contact with him, I have been reluctant to release it. Some say JJ has passed away, but I don't know. JJ, if you read this and want this story removed, please contact me. Several readers have relayed to me, both publically and privately, that they would like it released.

Therefore, 'Real Love' is an unauthorized, reimagined rewrite and sequel to JJ's story, 'Threads: The Island'. The general storyline in JJ's story is embedded in this story. Several of the character names have been changed because this is my story. Anyone who has read JJ's story will identify the characters quickly, starting with my main character, Bradley Weber, formerly known as Kyle Watson in JJ's story.

This story is long, but tolerant and filled with several emotions. If you stick with it, you will experience euphoria, happiness, sadness, sorrow and it will make you horny. You'll be disgusted, pissed off, scared and you'll grieve, cry, frown, smile and sometimes, you'll laugh, I hope.

'Real Love' starts off slow, but gains speed with age. Feel free to leave comments about what you like and what you dislike about the story. Feedback is a good thing for those writers who want to know what reader's like and dislike about their stories.

Please don't be mean in the comments because those that put in many hours over a period of several months, and thought into designing and writing these stories don't appreciate it, nor do they deserve it.

I do hope you enjoy the 'Real Love' series. Just don't forget one important detail -- it's fiction. Please do give us 'not so professional' writers a little slack.

JJ, wherever you are, whatever you're doing, fair winds and following seas my friend.

Let the saga of Bradley Weber continue...

MDSW

* * * * *

Brad returns a few minutes later and says, "This has been a long break and I think we should move back inside to avoid the heat and the wind."

They agree and return to the lounge.

"So, what else do we need to discuss?"

"Well, I've got a ton of interviews set up for when we get to San Antonio for a couple of days, and before we head out to LA," Kelly explaines. "That's for a support team for me and Debi."

"To change the subject for just a second... Debi, will you have a heart attack if I call you Deb?" Brad asks suddenly.

"It's my personal preference to be called Debi," she replies, "but I'm not going to collapse or faint if you call me Deb."

"Alright," Brad replies. "So what posts are you looking to fill?"

"Two correspondence secretaries, a financial assistant, a press assistant, an information assistant, a publicist and a media spokesperson," Kelly explains. "For now anyway."

"Plus we'll need a personal shopper, a stylist, maybe even an agent too," Debi adds.

"That's like ten people," Brad protests, his eyes wide.

"They're not all going to be around you," Kelly explains. "The correspondence secretaries and financial assistant can work out of their head office, but for now it will be helpful to have the press person, the publicist and the information assistant around us. Plus, if we get a personal shopper and stylist on board, it means that Margaret won't announce she's coming with us."

"That's a win right there," Brad says quickly. "So now I'm gonna have an entourage?"

Kelly shrugs. "You'll get over it."

"You keep telling me that."

"It's fun," she smirks.

"So I want to ask about Casey," Brad says. "Is there a job we can give him?"

Debi frowns and Kelly leans toward him.

"Brad, that's not a good idea."

"What? Why?"

"Because he's one of your best friends," Kelly explains. "Everyone will know he got the job because he's your buddy, and he'll have no credibility whatsoever."

"But, it would be a fantastic learning opportunity for him," Brad protests. "Plus, it would be good having him around."

"Then ask Rick to hire him for Peggy's team," Kelly says. "But he can't work for you. It just won't work. Plus, if he starts acting like a dick, I'll have to fire him and I can't see you letting me do that."

"I can't see him doing that," Brad says. "And if he goes to work for Peggy I'll hardly ever see him anyway."

"You, Stacy and Peggy, are split for the next two weeks, but you're probably going to be around each other for another week after that before you depart again for a while," Debi adds.

"Yeah, you'll see tons of him," Kelly nods. "Besides, have you asked Casey what he wants to do?"

"Good point. I don't want him hitting on my sisters either. I guess I need to rethink this, don't I."

The girls just nod.

Brad sighs and looks over the balcony at his friend. Casey is chilling beside the pool, or more accurately, beside the ladies and is busy chatting with Margarita, obviously hoping for a repeat of three years ago.

"I'll talk to him," Brad promises.

"And your friend, Ed?" Debi asks.

Brad grins.

"If I ask Ed what he wants to do he'll tell me he wants to produce and direct his own porn movies with a specialized role in casting new talent. I know exactly how he wants to do it as well."

"I thought he's in love," Kelly says, chuckling.

"Yeah, that's new," Brad admits. "I'll talk to him too."

"We had a look at his artwork online this morning. The comic book stuff and a few of the sites he posts on," Kelly clarified. "You know, you could commission him to do artwork for some of the offices and use them as gifts. Patronage of artists is common among the wealthy."

Brad thinks about it and it seems like a great idea. Ed would get to do what he loves, and do it wherever he wants. If this thing of his with Caroline is real, then he could stay at home and continue to see her, or if he wants to join Brad and travel with him for a bit, he could do that too. At least having one of his friends around would make Brad feel better. Really?

"I'll have a chat with him about that when I talk to him about his gambling debt," Brad nods.

"No time like the present," Kelly suggests pointedly.

"In a bit, Kelly. I need to talk to you first, then I will."

"What about?" she asks.

"You'll see very shortly," he replies.

"Okay Deb, get back to me as soon as possible about the itinerary please," Brad instructs. "Kelly will be joining you soon to help, but I need to bend her ear first."

"Okay, Brad," Debi says as she gets up.

She gives Brad and Kelly a fist bump and goes off saying, "I've got to see Nikki too. I'll be in a business suite downstairs."

"Okay Deb," Kelly says.

As Debi scoots off, Kelly turns to Brad and says, "You're fitting right into your father's shoes at a fast rate by the way you took charge of the 'changes' discussion. Also, the interview with Debi was impressive. Your confidence is growing every day at an impressive rate Brad."

She leans toward him and gives him a short, wet kiss. She's definitely impressed with his performance, but she also took a hit about the trip planning and is feeling guilty and sad.

"It was my mistake not..."

"Stand up Kelly," he says, interrupting her again as he stands up.

She stands up slowly and embraces him around his waist. Brad puts an arm around her back, the other hand tenderly on her head and holds her to him. She's feeling insecure resulting from the change in the schedule. She realizes she screwed up by not even asking Brad or his sisters what they expect to accomplish on this trip. Instead, she literally told them what they're going to do, based on her experience. It's not right for her to do that and now she feels it. This hug does a lot to comfort her.

"I know what you're going to say and I don't want you to beat a dead horse, nor do I want you to take the blame for this, as I said. You don't owe me anything, least of all an apology. Just let it go."

"Brad," she says raising her head to look at him, "you don't understand. This is the second time you've cut me off and I really need to get this off my chest," she says with concern in her eyes and sounding very serious.

"I do understand Kelly. You didn't discuss with us what we wanted to accomplish on this trip and now, you're feeling guilty. I know and understand, but I don't want you taking anything off your chest. I like it just the way it is."

She looks at him and chuckles. He does understand. Impressive, she's thinking. That statement takes mountains of insecurity away and makes her feel much better.

"Funny," she says, chuckling, putting her head back on his shoulder and hugging him tighter.

Her mood changes completely.

"Just consider it over and done with. I know you learned from this, as have I, but I won't hold this against you so forget it, pleeease."

She looks at him, "Okay. You win, this time," she says with a smile on her face, gives him a sweet kiss and squeezes him harder.

Then she reaches down and rubs his cock through his shorts.

"That's my girl, but I'm not done with you yet," he says as he gives her a pat on her ass, then a couple of squeezes.

"I love your ass, Kelly Miller," he whispers to her.

"Would I be out of line if I tell my boss I want him to fuck my brains out?" Kelly asks.

"Not at all. Should we add that to the schedule for three times a day?"

"Don't tempt me."

"I think you owe me a kiss like you mean it," Brad responds.

Kelly releases her embrace and puts one arm over his shoulder and the other below and engages in a kiss that did exactly what he wants. Then she breaks it off.

"That was beautiful Kelly. I just might force myself to keep you around..." Brad says as he loosens his grip on her.

Kelly grins and thought it strange that she likes the sound of him calling her his girl. She has no desire to be owned and doesn't understand why she likes what he said.

Brad holds her and kisses her again, then breaks the embrace and returns to his chair. He realizes Kelly is much more affectionate than she has ever been with him. It's a good thing.

Kelly moves to him and sits on his lap so she can feel, or possibly cause, a change in the condition of his dick.

"To move on, what do you think about removing the termination date on assistant contracts."

"Why?" Kelly asks.

"I have been thinking about this and come up with the following reasons. First, it reduces the stress involved in the job, knowing your contract doesn't automatically expire at a specific date in the future," Brad begins. "Second, I'm trying to reduce the turnover rate in high stress positions, such as assistants, noticing we have three out of five on staff lacking experience. Third, job performance and attitude should dictate salaries. That way, everyone gets a similar evaluation, which I'm hoping will eliminate the need to pressure them to justify their position here because their performance and attitude will answer that question. Fourth, the better negotiator gets the better salary, which sucks. Fifth, my favorite assistants don't like them."

"Would you be in favor of that?" he asks.

"I would. Four excellent reasons."

"I gave you five. Which one don't you like?"

"The last one is irrelevant, Brad."

"I don't agree. Being happy at this job means we have to bend a little and give employees things that makes them happy, as long as it's not going too far. That's something I want to do for my people... But, that's it, no further argument?"

"I appreciate that, but none. I have nothing more to add."

"No other concerns?"

"None."

"What did I do wrong?"

Kelly is taken aback and wonders how she should answer her boss. Then it pops into her head.

"Busted," she says grinning.

Smiling, Brad replies, "Okay then, I will talk to Craig about removing the termination date and they will remain employed here as long as mutually agreed upon. We will have annual reviews or performance evaluations and talk about performance whenever you or they desire between reviews. I would like to make some other changes and give the staff additional benefits they deserve. Since this is an employee based company, my desire is to make them happy," Brad explains.

"I want good people to work here. The more hurdles people face at a job, the less they like it. It's human nature. I want my employees to be happy here. I don't want this to be a job."

Damn. Did he just go too far, he wonders? He's hoping he didn't say too much, knowing how smart she is.

"I understand, and it makes sense. But if you don't want this to be a job, what do you want it to be?" Kelly asks.

Yup, he said to much. If anybody can figure out what he's doing, she will.

Brad looks her in her eyes and grins, "You'll see."

Kelly is thinking he's the alpha of the owners, just like Danny predicted. It's his company now, in spite of the legalities.

"I look forward to 'seeing'. I sense you're breaking new ground here Bradley Weber. I'm so proud to be working for you," she says as she gives him the world's biggest and tightest hug.

"Thanks Kelly. That means a lot to me. Makes me happy to hear my staff is proud of their boss and by the way, you're working with me, not for me... Just out of curiosity, why do we have over half the assistant staff lacking experience?" Brad asks.

"One unexpected event that happened a year ago, about four months before Danny got sick. Four of six assistants surmised the company was going downhill so they voluntarily tendered their resignations. Danny and I were blind-sided by it. As well as we knew them, we did not see it coming. It was a total surprise, leaving myself and Nikki as his assistants. Rick, then Jack were hired to replace those four because Danny didn't want a full staff anymore. Then Debi was hired when Danny learned of his fate, which brought us back to five," Kelly reveals. "The company wasn't going downhill either."

"I wasn't expecting that large of a personnel change. But it is what it is. Any thoughts about the real reason they quit?" Brad asks.

"Yes. Because they all tendered their resignations at the same time and cited the same reason, with no facts to back up their claim, I thought it was a conspiracy created by one of our competitors, but I have no proof of this."

"Interesting. Let's hire someone to find out who they work for now and how long they've been there, please. Have you been training the new employees since they arrived?"

"Very little, more exactly, next to none because Danny wanted to see if they would sink or swim. Then he got sick and training was dropped altogether. So here we are. Debi is the only one that has shown great promise. Rick and Nikki are okay, but they have a serious fear of being fired, so they are hesitant about what they do and say."

"Interesting... Anyway, onward," Brad says.

"Another topic I will be talking to Craig about is Kelly Miller."

Kelly is taken by surprise.

"Why me?" she asks.

"I'm glad you asked that question. It's because I want to make you the lead executive and personal assistant. You will take responsibility for the assistant staff and become their boss. It will include, but not limited to, training, performance reviews, staffing requirements and employment decisions. It will be yours to control. My only input is please don't hire any Margaret personalities and no additional alpha assistants. More Debi's would be perfect, in my mind. That's my two cents, however, you do what you feel is necessary and I will support you."

"You have an uncanny perception and skill for this job that exceeds all others. I will also authorize a salary increase, based on what Craig tells me, and make the other assistants aware of your new position. This won't be a major change because you're pretty much doing it already. Now, you will be compensated for it. I do hope you accept this offer."

"Brad, you don't need to do..."

"I'm doing it because you deserve it Kelly," Brad interrupts. "You have gone above and beyond the scope of your job, in my opinion, and it has nothing to do with our special relationship. Your business knowledge about the Packard Empire has positioned you very well to do that. You have made me comfortable not only with the business, but also with myself. You have influenced my perception of this job to the point I can correctly make decisions without hesitation. You challenge any decision I make if you feel it may not have the desired effect. The vision I have for this company and the direct staff has been affected by you. I feel comfortable with your advice. One of the many things you have taught me is the importance of personal and professional relationships. I can't explain to you what that means to me."

"No other assistant has impressed me the way you have. Other assistants don't have close to the same relationship that you have created with me on a professional level. That information I get from casual conversations with my sisters. I also like the way you prioritize work above everything else, even having mind blowing sex, so you're priorities are in the right order. There is a time for everything and I feel I can talk to you about anything. I'm comfortable with you as my primary assistant and I'm very proud you're working for me and with me."

"If a higher authority tells me I can only have one assistant, it would be Kelly Miller."

As Kelly sits taking the comments in, she's kinda floored, in a good way. She didn't expect that he would be able to evaluate these types of things this soon in his transformation. She's proud of him beyond even her own expectations. To top that, she lost count of the compliments he just gave her. She also wonders what place in the company his sisters will take if Brad becomes the company's alpha leader.

"My god," Kelly says. "I don't know what to say, Brad. I'm actually stunned, yet happy you feel as you do being it's only been a very short period of time since you got here, but I do feel it's part of my job, however."

"Your father never told me anything near what you just said, not that he needed to, but it's great to hear it from a HOT boss. Your perception is not just me, you know. It does have something to do with you as well. I do like pleasing you for more than one reason and you know it, but you continue to say the sweetest things."

"Thank you for believing in me. I won't insult you by refusing your offer. But, do you remember our conversation about perception?" Kelly asks.

"Yup."

"Others might think I'm getting this job because I'm fucking the boss," she says as she pecks him on the nose.

"I don't really care what they think, Kelly. If they don't like my decision, they can talk with me about it. Then, I'll fire them... Not really. Just kidding."

Laughing, "You're really becoming business like Bradley Weber. The more you take command, the more I want to work with you, help you, advise you and assist you, until you get tired of me. I will always do everything I can for you... But, Brad, seriously, you really need to give this promotion some more thought," she says as she gives him a series of kisses.

Inside, she's feeling elated and very proud of her accomplishments as his mentor. Brad is beginning to take control long before she thought he would. He can see her eyes begin to water as he gets a big hug and a passionate kiss. A special thank you. He surprises her by wrapping his arms around her waist and squeezing her. Kelly is concerned why she didn't continue to challenge his promotion decision. Maybe she should have.

"Kelly, I have great deal of respect for you and trust in you. I hope to someday earn your respect and trust as well. Your welcome, by the way," he says as he gazes into her eyes.

MDSW
MDSW
519 Followers