All Comments on 'Recipe for Disaster'

by jmmj5

Sort by:
  • 179 Comments (Page 2)
Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 2 years ago

So we’re talking degrees of 5* here. Very well written with great narrative flow throughout. There were a few things that prevent me from saying, “best story ever.” The explanation of Kat diverging from a loving mother to a greedy bitch was not delved into very well. You assume we understand her pursuit of greed and personal growth, but it was handled by just a few references/sentences. We have no insight into the 4 year gap and conversations between Kat and various family members. Finally, while I get it, the acceptance of her back into the family was just too slick for me to buy into it. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I thought it was a well done story. I thought it missed detail in Hank and Julia's relationship and any love or reason they came together. Hank didn't seem too emotional about his long term marriage ending. He didn't put up much of a fight. Finally, a story that wrapped things up though at the end. Many stories are rushed at the end and leave out the most important part of a story. Well done.

iammweaseliammweaselabout 2 years ago

Damn you can write. Really well done story, very realistic and other than being a couple pages longer than it needed to be, I've no real complaints.

LW isn't worthy of this story. But you single handedly removed a months worth of stench here with this one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
"You could not be more loved or welcome than you are right now."

Uh, really? How about if she had stayed a loyal loving faithful wife and mother? How about if she had ditched her career, passed a lie detector test, and threw herself entirely into rehabilitating her character and reconciling with her husband and children? You made it read and look like Cat's betrayal and abandonment actually was the best thing for everyone. I mean, all's well that ends well, right?

Its a great plot idea, but the execution was mind numbing slow, distracted, convoluted, and God stuffed with irrelevant boring obnoxious details. Are you OCD, or do you think the reader really cares what food was eaten when, where, what clothes were worn, what streets were driven what parks were visited what networks were used, etc.? Before too long I was simply skimming the first sentence of each irrelevant paragraph searching for some meaning that revealed and moved the plot along. Ten Pages! Overcooked. But thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A long story, but you are a very good writer. A happy ending. Your stories work well. Thank you.

LarrynDallasLarrynDallasabout 2 years ago

I never know what to say when I read a story that is well written, well researched, beautifully detailed, but has an ending that I don't like. So basically the author has crafted a wonderful story that left me disappointed because I strongly disagreed with how Cat was so eagerly accepted back into the family. I can't see that happening in real life and frankly I don't think she deserved such a warm welcome. So again, I say it's a well-written story that I did not like.

xtc5xtc5about 2 years ago

I really enjoyed the story, thanks for sharing it

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

The true essence of life.

Being surrounded by those who can feel honoured to share your life, and in whose honour you can trust.

As for Cat, it was a gift from the others, and it washed away any negative residue.

Well done

QBikkQBikkabout 2 years ago

Sad story very well written. People can lose focus and what is important in their lives. The story isn’t too far fetch… thanks for sharing

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

It reminded me of some corny novels from Rosamunde Pilcher. It was soso for me. Liked that no one got burned.

AnotherChapterAnotherChapterabout 2 years ago

The title was apt, I think. The story line became the recipe for disaster. The only disaster was the plot line. Everyone lives happily ever after. That, in itself, could be all right if there was some story line to provide any feeling of impending doom. Hank was a paste board imitation of a person who would do everything right, but it didn’t hold up. He’s a CFO of a huge corporation who can sit for months on end removed from the head office and his contribution is to drive a delivery truck? Cat may have had remorse for her action, but where was the disaster in her life? She gets her whole family back around her including the mother who adopts her replacement? the big disaster is that it was frankly boring.

SDN1955SDN1955about 2 years ago

Very nice story. Well thought out and we’ll paced.

secretsalsecretsalabout 2 years ago

Well written, but could have used a healthy trimming. The end got way too saccharine for my tastes as well. Feels like the epilogue of Return of the King with all the back-patting and mutual compliments that get thrown around. Except it's not at the end of a 9 hour epic.

mac1729mac1729about 2 years ago

Very well woven tale. Thank you for writing it

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Well written to be sure. Great character development. But 10 pages is just not necessary .... at all. Too much mundane detail in many parts. But still enjoyed it.

laptopwriterlaptopwriterabout 2 years ago

I'm always a sucker for a happy ending. This had a LOT of filler and could have been streamlined down to an easy 5 or 6 pages but it was still well written and I enjoyed it. I gave it 5 stars with no hesitation at all.

Bebop3Bebop3about 2 years ago

A wonderful story. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

eljj546eljj546about 2 years ago
Cat eventually moved to New York

Where she changed her name to Martha Stewart

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 2 years ago

Very Sweet Cheating story. Hubby may have changed his tune but I have not. And, it was diplomatic of him to convince Sweetie that he now believed her! GMAFBreak!

The country is Colombia! And paella without seafood is just stew! Or guisado.

5*

pumpop201pumpop201about 2 years ago
Simply wonderful.

I'm looking forward to your next submission.

EdgeOfSundownEdgeOfSundownabout 2 years ago

Well written though it may be, that whole way over the top fantasy of a cheating slut that gets no comeuppance or atonement has been beat to death here. I'd suggest you do better, somehow I doubt it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Well done! I enjoyed reading this story from beginning to the end.

IBTVoyeurIBTVoyeurabout 2 years ago

Excellent story. Thank you.

muskyboymuskyboyabout 2 years ago

Well written but I didn't really like it. Cat got off way too easy being welcomed back into the family she destroyed. Cat slept with way too many guys after the divorce to believe she ever loved Hank or that she didn't sleep with the soccer star before the divorce. Cat just wasn't written as a likeable enough character for a reconciliation with her family. Well written, but maybe a tad too long.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I enjoyed it. I did not think it was too long. I felt that the 'extraneous' scenes helped us know the characters better. Well done, author. 5*.

haveguillamehaveguillameabout 2 years ago

very well written. most enjoyable.

PolyLvrPolyLvrabout 2 years ago

Overall, I liked it.

I didn't really have a problem with Cat's return. Time tends to lessen pain, heal wounds.

For me, it was just too long.

OldmaninthewoodsOldmaninthewoodsabout 2 years ago

Well written and enjoyable story, thanks for posting.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Cat was a turd and you tried to polish the turd in the end.

teedeedubteedeedubabout 2 years ago

Time wounds all heels...........

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeabout 2 years ago

"You could not be more loved ..."?

He said that to the selfish bitch/slut

on page 8.

What would she have to do

to not be so loved?

Murder?

I know, I know.

There are a lot of Disney stories in LW.

That doesn't mean I have to like it.

On the positive side, I liked the plot.

Well worked and interesting.

Even though it was a little bit repetitive at times.

Without the Disney element,

this could've been a great story.

But as it is, a 3 out of 5 from me.

vickitvohiovickitvohioabout 2 years ago

sorry, you lost me at page 8 when you made this "an over-the-top" RAAC. totally unbelievable. the majority if not all would still be pissed at her.

enderlocke77enderlocke77about 2 years ago

idk it feels a bit iffy i need some more back story. what was it like when he was trying to start up his career? sounds like he doesnt want a successful working wife? idk making it hard to like the MC

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Outstanding story! You managed to write a "RAAC" story (Hank and Cat did "reconcile") without the husband having to wimp out and accept a woman who cheated on him back into his life. Kudos! Please post again soon.

youngbrainoldbodyyoungbrainoldbodyabout 2 years ago

Thank you for your effort! I really enjoyed your story/writing! Please keep'em coming. Grammar was great, easy reading!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Good story. Maybe a little too much prodigal at the end, but still good.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Rushed ending. Cat is a self-centered person, people like her don't change overnight. It takes to hit rock bottom and a lot of soul-searching and therapy sessions. She put herself and her career above everything else. People like her don't change overnight. I do believe people can change. I just don't believe Cat can change, not in the way you told us the story. Sorry didn't work for me.

MightyHornyMightyHornyalmost 2 years ago

As conflictless stories go... this one was OK.

If I edited it, though, I could have easily cut at least three pages off of it.

Also, and I know it's probably just me... but I ain't buying Hank and Julia as a couple. The whole thing was so predictable and ended up feeling so forced... maybe if the author focused more on building their relationship more plausibly and less on pointless elements that do not move forward the core storyline here, but it was not meant to be (I didn't care how cooking shows are set up before reading this... and I care even less now.)

But hey - I may sound a bit harsh here, but it remains undeniably better than at least 3/4 of the regular output in LW, so... Thank you for the share!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The bitch skank is still doing well right to the very end of the story....her mother staying with Hank is pathetic....disappointing story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Hank is a stupid dumb cuck who should have divorced the skank Cat a long while back. The story starts wuth him saying they're officially separated yet Scot and Tina still call him for cuck to go there!!

Cat is a skank who comes out shining at the end of the story. 1 star

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Too many of these stories end with the wronged partner finding love, often right away, making them fairy tales rather than good narratives of something realistic.

In the vast majority of marriage breakups, it takes a minimum of two years before either partner can BEGIN to entertain the idea of a healthy relationship with anyone else--including parental-style love for children.

The most accurate thing I can say about this story is that it is trite.

NitpicNitpicalmost 2 years ago
Far

Far too long for what it was.It mentioned Cat had a small income to live on when she moved to Asheville,what about the money from the Pittsburg property and what happened to the Miami and Barcelona properties?.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Good But seriously?!

Revenue streams etc ?!. Early on had both in 7-8 figure money. Then jet charter etc! 6 figures for that alone. Retired CPA . Little maybe lot attention when money involved.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago
LONG

and boring, even skimming a lot. the guy was a loser. the bitch didn't pay. didn't care for the new girl.

Lawrie1941Lawrie1941almost 2 years ago

Loved this story, well thought out and constructed without too many unreasonable plot changes. You will succeed if and when you go pro.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Good story, could have been shorter.

I didn't get what's the deal with Scott & Tina and their employer's mother in law. Don't they have families of their own?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Pretty good story. At times it seemed to get mired in minutiae that dragged it to a crawl. And that, to me, made it seem way too long. It also seemed to gloss over one fairly important plot event, the divorce. When the time came, just one sentence and the divorce was almost completely forgotten about. And then it was on to Hank’s new ready-made family. As a whole I liked the story, it just seemed to move forward too slow for me.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitalmost 2 years ago

Good story. Hank led quite a life. The ending was a minor twist, I really would have been okay if Cat died a lonely woman.

6King6Kingover 1 year ago

No BTB required, Cat paid the price. AWTEW ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Marelys is begging for them to be nice to her whoring daughter, like mother like daughter, Spanish whores!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The slut Catalina still had a great life after her divorce from Hank!! She must be the muse for this cuck writer

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I see many of the commneters below despise Cat and for good reason, but maybe bot for the right one. They focus on her relationship with Lorenzo. Technically she did not have sex with him until after thr divorce filing. But obviously she was headed that direction to get her show. But who cares. She abandoned the family years ago. The fact that she did not commit adultery before then is incidental and more or less meaningless. The point is she was (in our her own words) a "selfish, self-centered bitch". She not only abandoned her husband but also her kids. That was a terrible betrayal for may years. The divorce seemed anticlimactic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Way to long

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

A good story and worth 5 stars. It was a bit wordy for my being an old man I like to get right to the point. The despicable one finally repented as she grew older and more mature, which is what happens to most of us sooner or later.

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

I don't appreciat the anon's negative remarks about the story and our author. I you don't like it don't read it. Meeting anons here reminds me they are are in a hell of lot better company than I am.

Nothingman83Nothingman83over 1 year ago

A bit long, but well worth the read. I am a sap for happy endings, probably because there are so few of them in real life. I have to admit that my favorite characters are the two girls. 5 stars all the way, and to hell with the naysayers.

Until I find my beach.

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartover 1 year ago

5. Was really worried that Julia was going to be "fridged" to make way for Cat to come back into Hank's life but glad it didn't happen. Sweet story about misplaced priorities and the costs of fame.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

That was a good one. Enjoyed it. Thank you very much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wow some of the anons comments are just straight up strange. Did they read the same story as the rest of us.

Oh and to the anon who said it was " way to long " it's actually phrased " way too long" 😊

ComefindmeComefindmeabout 1 year ago

Definitely drags a bit, but an incredibly enjoyable read, the only drawback I had, was it sucked a lot of the tension and depth out of the story when everyone just forgave her no problem, no redemption, no growth, felt like you got bored or ran out of steam so just hurried to finish the story.

Other than that it was fun, a little awkward pacing at time, but heartwarming none the less.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

A very enjoyable story. Thanks, jmmj5.

5⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Hank was a fucking wimp. He had n9 balls to deal with the skank Catalina and her bitch mother even letting them stay with him!!

Hank with all his titles is just a weak wimp.

Too long

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Hank was a wimp. Even the divorce was to Catalina's favour. Post the divorce wimp still jumps to do things for the 2 skanks, mamacitas!!

nixroxnixrox9 months ago

5 stars - Second time reading this story and regardless, or in spite of, the negative anonymous comments below, I really liked this story.

Please keep writing.

Have a nice day

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

A very long story. But also a great story. Once I got started I just couldn’t stop. The time I spent reading it was time I was supposed to be outside doing some work in the yard. Oh well, the yard work will be there tomorrow. Thanks,

jmmj, for sharing. Certainly a five star effort.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

were_wolfwere_wolf8 months ago

What's wrong with fiddle music?

Pappy7Pappy77 months ago

I liked the story, well done. And I would have worried more about banjos than fiddles.

6King6King7 months ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

FluidswallowerFluidswallower7 months ago

Well--written and quite enjoyable!!Thanks for a n uplifting and pleasant tale.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Very well written! A sweet, if not slightly fairytale, ending

😉👍👌

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Good story. Gave it a 4.

Gmann006Gmann0065 months ago

that was a good very entertaining story

inka2222inka22225 months ago

Hmm, interesting. I generally don't like the "for free" reconciliations - especially with new family welcoming the ex - but this story actually managed to sell the idea surprisingly well. 5 well deserved stars. Extra star for not killing off Julia just so that Cat could have a second shot at her ex-husband, that would have ruined the story but way too many LW authors do it. Thank you for the effort and for positive feelings the story generated.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Really good story. I wish literotica would allow 4.5 stars. I rated 5.

Old_TimerOld_Timer3 months ago

A nice story - 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

A great story, well written, full of adventure, romance, highlights, and meaningful family relationships!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userjmmj5@jmmj5
With a few exceptions, I tend to write longer stories, but that’s just my nature, I think. I’m going to try to tighten that up in the future. I know that means fewer people will read them, but I know that going in. Also, I tend to write what I know. I’ve spent a lot of time i...

SIMILAR Stories