Reconciliation

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

'Will you be honest with me when I ask you if something upsets you? For that matter, can you be honest with yourself?'

Xerxes grew quiet while his eyes crossed the screen, far longer than it would have taken to read the text. His face looked briefly bewildered, like it wasn't a question he was expecting to be asked. He stiffened back up when he was prepared to respond.

"Yeah- Yeah, not a problem. 'Course I can do that." His voice wavered from uncertain to awkwardly confident as though he was working himself up.

The helmet masked the mildly suspicious glance, but worked on her response.

'I'll think about it. I'll contact you if I feel up to it.'

Xerxes smirked, he didn't have to say anything, he was certain that was as good as a yes.

The gate to the tunnel entrance had been left wide open, Xerxes took a look around at their location, making note of the roads and buildings. He brought out his phone to cross reference his location.

"So that's where this lets out." He spoke his thoughts out loud. Then proceed to type out his own messages.

'You said you could get yourself a ride?' Ketna held out her phone when he had a moment to look around.

"Yeah got that covered."

Ketna walked the two of them over to the nearest fixture Xerxes could sit on and eased him down. She was about to find her way back to her bike when Xerxes grabbed her by the hand, yanking her back to him to the point her helmet nearly touched his head.

"Remember what I said, and I meant it. Ain't no one gonna kill you, but me. I'll make sure of that." Xerxes voice held as much threat as it did promise.

He held her like that for just a second too long, forcing Ketna to yank her hand back out of his grip. Righting herself, she kept her body language steady and assured, but her face flushed under her helmet. She turned away as though it was nothing and left for her own means of transportation without paying Xerxes a second glance. On her way, she could hear Xerxes on the phone in the distance, talking to the recipient on the other end.

"Hey, get the guys ready. Got a whole mech fabrication facility to take over, sent the location already."

There was a pause, as he listed to whatever they were saying.

"Yeah yeah. Went fuckin' great. Pretty much cleared the whole thing out, whatever's left should be easy."

It was the last she could make out before she was out of earshot.