All Comments on 'Reconnecting the Dots'

by Kaje1234

Sort by:
  • 145 Comments (Page 2)
MattblackUKMattblackUKover 5 years ago
That worked really well

I'd like to hear more about Jake and his family.

Thanks for this story.

woodmanonewoodmanoneover 5 years ago
Very Good

Enjoyed your story. As others have said I would like to know more about Jake and his family. Please return to posting on Literotica. There are not enough good authors right now.

Thanks for your hard work.

Woodmanone

loragassloragassover 5 years ago
Great work here!

A very good read. Thanks bepop3 for the posting of it on your story. Like the rest of you I would really like more in the line of Jake and family.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Loved the story

very enjoyable read. Great feel good, should be a TV story, maybe on Hallmark.

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
Very good

A little long, but we'll worth the time to read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Great writing

Excellent story. You really capture the characters! I could feel the hurts, and the happiness. One comment above was that this was too long, not at all. You could make this into a short novel.

Well done.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958about 5 years ago
Amazing story.

Sweet, bittersweet and just a solid read. Thank you very much, Randi.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

It dragged during the asides about guitars and singers, but I gave it a 5 anyway because it was too well done otherwise.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Better editing

Great story, great characters and development. Quite a few spelling and grammatical errors. Only detracted from the story a little. Even a casual reading made these errors evident!! Still a great story!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Where have you gone

Please return and write more, great story. Not many authors of this quality on lit. I really enjoyed it. Thank you very much!

BillandKateBillandKatealmost 5 years ago
Hopefully

This author is somewhere creating another 5 star story, we'll look forward to it.

RakiuraRakiuraalmost 5 years ago
Idealised perhaps

The family situation appeared somewhat idealised. One thinks of Donna Reed. It lacks the normal emotional stresses of a family with adolescents. It does create a clear division between jake’s and his ex wife’s family. A grenade thrown into this comfortable situation would be if Jake admitted an affair. Liked it none the less and gave it 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Reads like

a Hallmark movie. A bit too saccharine.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Nice job

I waited for the other shoe to drop, hoping it wouldn’t. Glad it didn’t. Please know that “reverie” has a positive connotation that doesn’t fit your use of it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Query

What as this got to do with cheating wives?.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Good Writer!

Jake you are a good writer and story teller. I hope you continue to write and post. Next time, please be careful of which category you pick to post your story. This story belongs in non-erotic, never in Loving Wives. Putting it in LW cost you a lot of points in reader voting.

DOS

LT56linebackerLT56linebackeralmost 4 years ago
Really good story

Kept me reading, and I got involved in the characters. Yes, please keep writing. Maybe a sequel, where they send an AGM-65 rocket on the ex-wife. Sorry, I can't be as decent an individual as Claire was .8 stars, the Bear approves.

The BEAR

SithLord6969SithLord6969almost 4 years ago

Great disappointment

Not the story. This is one of my 5 most favorite stories on here. No the disappointment is that you never wrote another story! Please come back to us, your talent needs to shared and enjoyed.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Ditto

What SithLord said!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
All I can say is...

Good ridance.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
5 stars

I haven't read writing this good on here In forever. Amazing story 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Very good story.

Only one problem, you stopped writing. You got a talent for story telling. Five Stars.

AnyMooseAnyMooseabout 3 years ago

Wondering why you haven't written any more?

Also, Jake is wrong; Kevin needs a serious beat-down, just on general principles...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I enjoyed the story a lot, my only down side is it just ended. There is so much story. I would have preferred to hear about the night at the bar. The performance. What of telling the husband about the call to the ex? University acceptance. Calling Clair mom. So many things could be wrapped up by the end of the night. Still 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

It just went on and on and on. Way to long.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzaralmost 3 years ago

One of those heart-strings tuggers. Well done.

Cracker270Cracker270almost 3 years ago

The ending left me wanting but all in all a great tale well told

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I enjoyed the story greatly but the ending feels incomplete. Maybe you were planning another chapter and just never had time to write it. Hopefully you will consider expanding on this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story, I read it at once stroke but I also feel that something misses at the end. it feels incomplet...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I disagree with the comment that the story is too long. If anything it could have used a couple more pages to tie up a few loose ends. I’m pretty sure this is a first for me, a first for saying a story is too short. It’s usually the other way around. Either way it’s still a Five Star story. Thanks, Kage1234. Do it again, ok?.

numbnutz49numbnutz49over 2 years ago

Very well written and, all things considered, an easy read as the story progresses. But like other commenters, the story could use a part 2. As it has been more than five years since it was posted and the author has not published another story on this site, maybe FTDS or another fine author can pick it up from the current end. The story is complete, but Ashley achieving her potential in life would be another welcome addition.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thankyou Thankyou. My eyes are still wet. You have made my day no YEAR. Thanks once again.

AngelRiderAngelRideralmost 2 years ago

A little saccharine in spots and the ending was rather abrupt, this definitely needed an epilogue, but I really enjoyed it. It's a lovely story. I have read this several times and if there ever was a ftds that I ever wanted to write, it's this one. Maybe I will ask... I see Ashley getting married and she is having a conversation with her father before the ceremony. That is the perfect denouement in my opinion.

Yeah, I am going to ask.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great story, Jake, thanks for sharing. Like others have said, I would liked either a little more story or at least an epilogue. But it’s been six years since the author had anything new here, I’m not holding my breath. Still though, a great story, in my opinion. 5⭐️s.

za_robionyza_robionyalmost 2 years ago

Really good story but where arę you Jake ?

Are any new stories ?

miket0422miket0422over 1 year ago

Heart breaking and heart warming at the same time.

A little more would have been nice. Hearing about Jake & Ashley's debut performance in public would've been great. Also would have liked to see how Jake and Ashley reacted to the information that SHE did what she did because she thought Jake cheated on her.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

Good start. Really need part 2 and a meeting with Gina, Ashley's mom. A few errors, like when did Ashley graduate High School and arrive at Jake's Bar?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Amazing story that stirred up a great deal of emotion. I have always felt the true mark of a great story teller iß how much it can change your emotional level up or down. I was angry at times and in tears at times. I really look forward to seeing what happens next. Thañk you for the journey so far.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Relative to other stories on the site, well done. I thought it was too long. Something about it though points out how paper-cut-out some basics of these stories are. The good characters are just, well, all good. Claire, for example, has no mixed feelings that would be natural about Ashley's appearance, such as that she partly isn't happy about this new set of obligations, even if she is basically helpful. Jake is just pretty perfect too, no mixed feelings about Ashley (when any number of mixed reactions are possible). The good are all good, and the bad (kevin, the mother) are pretty much bad (with a little possible reservation about Ashley's mother). Stories really feature these women and men taking on other people's children with complete, unmixed benevolent spirit and reactions. These stories are fantasies, to be sure, but certain fetishistic tropes get a little tiresome sometimes.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69over 1 year ago

Damn great story! Wish you would write more.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Thanks for sharing...

This is the second time I’ve read this story & l am not going to nitpick around it, I just want to say that I think it’s a Damn shame that you don’t write more often.. Thanks again for a great read.

JTassJTass5 months ago

Really enjoyable. It's a shame that the author never continued.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

You certainly are the writer you said you were back in your youth. You have not lost your touch. I enjoyed your story, but if it were more concise, that would be better for my tastes.

Please keep on writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

It was pretty good. I liked the writing style, though I don’t mind wordiness. I didn’t feel like the plot advanced much, though. Ashley joined a supportive family. The ex was just a bad person. I mean, it just didn’t go anywhere.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userKaje1234@Kaje1234
I've been a reader on this site for over a year now. Not too long ago I finally decided to create a profile. After a while I thought I'd like to give writing a try again. I used to love to write when I was in High School, but haven't really written anything in close to 15 year...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES