Redwood Nine: Season 03 Ch. 13

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

JT thought on it and knew the closures of the shop were hurting his main legitimate source of income. He had to keep things as normal looking as possible and maintain the image of the club in town. The frequent trips were becoming noticeable and drawing attention and there were only so many excuses you could come up with. He told Lenny to bring him around and shared his thoughts with the guys. If Greg Jensen could prospect as a mechanic, among other things, how many of the other prospects were mechanically inclined and could they run the repairs, while they ran the other end.

Wally said his buddy was okay with a wrench and knew his way around cars well enough. Otto said his buddy worked at the body shop, so he was already getting good money, so he'd have to be making the same, or better to leave. That brought about the cost of employing prospects and the idea of volunteering time to serve their probation came up, Tom taking a seated bow for his suggestion. Otto's friend Livio 'Louie' Vukovich, wouldn't have a problem bringing business in for repairs that the body shop didn't want to do, so that made his contribution quite lucrative and put him up the list for possibles. Wally said his buddy, Gordon 'Chunk' McLeary was looking for work, so he'd be happy getting whatever he got. He'd be able to work whatever hours he could and do whatever hours as volunteer.

The prospects were looking better and better, as long as their hearts were in the right place. Chunk had come back last year from 'Nam and despite keeping a clean cut look, no one had a job for him. He was making money the old fashioned way and acting as a middleman moving contraband products between people. Wally's former stock in trade had been picked up by anyone eager enough to make fast money and watch for the law over their shoulder. Chunk wouldn't have a problem with getting his hands dirty.

Greg, although young, had the right attitude and desire to fit in and it wouldn't be hard to see if he was dedicated enough to become a member. The prospects seemed to be vetted on face value and it was up to them now to prove themselves.

The topic moved to the next direction to go and Reno was first, then they would be swinging south and heading to Las Vegas. Gianni would be waiting for them and wanted to be brought up to speed on the expansion. He was enjoying the retail trade both monetarily and personally and upgraded everything in his homes with new appliances, furniture, stereos and TV's. The high end articles were usually gifted out to certain people and made for good feelings between friends, ones who were looking to put the other out of business. Gianni was fighting to keep a hold of his business interests, many independent crews looking to get a piece of the gambling empire's money and these tokens smoothed out negotiations.

The three prospects showed up and sat with the club, hearing what was expected of them and what they had to do for the club. Greg was happier than any, hearing his conditions being more than the others, but understandable. Monday the next week, would see a steady business being run and a steady flow of work to make it viable and support itself. They were briefed on the rules and made sure they were completely understood, before JT had Piney hand out three new leather cuts with a prospect banner on the bottom. They all hugged and shook, made welcome to the fold and then partied to celebrate.

Before they left for Nevada, Lenny came in the clubhouse and quieted down the guys to tell them something. The traces of lipstick were evident and they knew it had to be about girls.

"Hey, hey, guys, listen up. I think you're going to like this idea. Remember last year, we had those girls show up and want to be our play toys, you know, Lydia, Jessie, Ronnie and Judy? When they were at the funeral home, we had a chance to sort of talk, you know, so they were telling me they were interested in hanging around if we would let them. I sort of told them they'd have to earn their keep and they got no problems with putting out. Seems we're guilty of turning them into little fuck freaks, because they want to do us all again. I was thinking, what if we get them to turn tricks and we all make money and get head, we keep them safe from assholes and everybody's happy, what do you think?"

No one could find anything wrong with constant sexual pleasures and no responsibility to a relationship of emotional consequence. JT wasn't keen on the idea of the clubhouse being used as a brothel and Lenny said the old motel still had rooms that could be used. Neither of the former owners were alive and no one was laying claim to it yet. It had the discretion in location and the set up to handle numerous customers, as well as supervision. Lenny asked if he could run the new enterprise and make it his contribution to the club's overall wealth. With free and constant sex, along with a share in the income, no one had any objection to Lenny's request. He was given a new title to have, Lenny the Pimp and he smiled happily at it, enjoying the new moniker.

Things were changing along with the times and attitudes and beliefs were rearranged to suit them. Gearing up, they headed out for the next phase of the expansion and made the run over the Sierra Nevada's to Reno and another successful meeting. Not only did they get seven guys to join, they got wind of more guys that might be interested in Salt Lake City, Utah. Expansion was happening, but control was vanishing. The trade off was measurable in their favour, but variables made certainty a forgotten element. Las Vegas was next and Gianni was more than amenable to the expansion into his area. A greater share of the risk was being taken by the club, while his end looked easy to attend to and a sizable increase in profits. He also liked the added protection of a noticeable club presence involved, keeping his rivals a step behind and less likely to want a piece of the action.

With two states locked down and an increase in bodies to rely on, the guys felt better about moving forward into their new enterprise, as outlaws with a friendly face. The drug trade was heating up with demands for it rising and Chico's cousins were operating at full production already. Money was being made by many and new charters were becoming prosperous. The new business signage was finished and the prospects had the duty of repainting the shop and making it look fresh and new. Teller-Morrow Auto Service was officially opened with a small ceremony, a few business owners and members of town council present. A reporter from the local newspaper, The Charming Times, was taking pictures and wrote a small article about them. During the barbeque festivities afterwards, JT mentioned to Art that there were some people coming and they would like to meet him. He left it cryptic and vague enough that Art's curiosity was peaked, but no idea who it could be.

To say Arthur Lowen was shocked to see Scott and Jerry, was an understatement. More than a decade had past since he last saw them, their mother moving away after Geezer was killed. It was like a sense of family had returned, the past returning to them and remembered fondly. Art was worried about Scott getting involved in the club, knowing what was in store for him, but Scott assured him that they had no reason to worry about trouble, that they had no rival clubs in town. Art reminded him that that situation could change at any time. If he was making money, somebody else wanted to as well and didn't care if he took yours and killed you in the process. Scott reminded him that they had JT and the other charters to call upon and deal with them. Art couldn't find any more reasoning to put forth, knowing Scott was adamant about heading the new Fresno charter of the Sons of Anarchy as president.

All over California, people were noticing the addition of charters in their towns and cities, the Reaper logo becoming a familiar sight. What that logo foretold was a subject in many of their minds. Law enforcement was taking note of who they were and their rise up the ranking of clubs on their list to watch. What amazed many, were the number of young men that were willing to adopt that lifestyle and side on the other side of society. Amazed or not, many sat back and thought of why and knew they had left nothing for their sons and taken it all for themselves. Quiet shame and disgrace was laid on by guilty consciences, as they took the blame for creating what was happening to their sons and what they neglected to do for them.

The west coast of California was rife with clubs, some big, some small, but the Sons of Anarchy was becoming one of the players to watch for. The Sons kept peace with the others and made sure those that tried to oppose them, know what they were up against. JT started a monthly run with all the chapters, showing the strength of their numbers and the unified force they had become. Other clubs paid respect to them and didn't try pushing into territories they controlled. The new phase of the club was established, but more was still to be accomplished.

JT looked at an uncertain future, one that held unseen danger for them. He had committed himself to the club and had to see it through, no matter where it ended up going. His desire for a peaceful existence was gone, obliterated by the greed and avarice of others. What he had to look forward to in life, were things he had to fight for and fight to keep. Anything won or gained, was always in jeopardy of being taken away. He looked at what he had before the war, who he was and what he had before him to enjoy. Coming back, it was a shock to the system to see how drastic things had changed in such a short time. With the economy tanking and taking its toll, people were in survival mode and would break moral codes to achieve their desired needs.

With the prospects proving their ability to run the shop, JT and the club spent more and more time on the road, riding up and down the coastal highways and into small towns and cities. Freedom was felt by them all, but a freedom that came with regrets. Regrets that arose from the loss of important parts of themselves and their lives. No matter what they gained, it couldn't replace what was lost.

Clay had only wrote back once since receiving the news about Poppy, the disappointing news that he was re-enlisting for another tour. The guys wrote numerous letters to him, asking him to come back and ride with them, but all went unanswered. They knew he hadn't been killed, or the letters would have been returned. That alone made them have some piece of mind that he was still alive.

Clay was alive and lived with one purpose, to kill as many of the enemy he could, for him being there and not back with his girl. He wanted them to pay and he was pushing the boundaries of the rules of engagement. On several occasions, his unit had watched him gun down women and children as they ran for their lives, but he only looked at them with cold, stony eyes, ones without emotion or conscience. His reasoning was that those same women had given birth to the ones killing their soldiers and the children would grow up to be enemy soldiers, so they all needed to die. His fellow soldiers couldn't accept it, but never said anything to an officer to have it stopped. Clay was a killing machine and had unlimited resources to continue being one as long as he wanted.

The change in government after the election didn't do much to resolve the state of affairs the country was in, Nixon talking of reforms and ways to change the country's outlook. The people were sitting back and waiting for him to make good on his promises, hoping with futility that the misery was over and prosperity would return. More and more, the criminals were getting the notice that crime was paying and paying out big. People saw that and wondered what had happened to making an honest wage for an honest day's work.

Otto opened the books at the next meeting and confirmed that the expansion was paying off and money was coming in steadily. T-M Auto was keeping the prospects busy and young Greg was proving himself worthy every day he showed up. On his seventeenth birthday, he was totally taken by surprise to see a custom Harley come off the back of the truck and JT tossing him the keys. He rode it like it was a priceless treasure, grinning widely and threatening to split his face in two if it went any wider. As much as he wanted to act like the guys, he was still green about life and after three large drinks of bourbon and a couple of joints, he was kneeling and telling God he would never do it again.

The sixties saw the masses at Woodstock enjoying one of the most historical moments in their history and the guys wondered if Moon and Free had actually made it there. A faint desire to see them again arose, but was passed by in the need to let the past remain where it was and not stir up old ghosts. They never crossed the bay again and made it into San Francisco to see them, instead, turning south and riding the coast highway down to Big Sur.

No matter what was happening at the time, everyone sat glued to the TV and watched with great expectations, as Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin landed on the moon and uttered the famous quote, 'One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind.' That moment became pivotal to the nation, giving a great sense of pride and hope to the people. A hope that the same endeavour to go to the moon, would be put forth in saving their country.

The seventies ushered in an increase in the draft, Nixon sending more of the country's sons abroad to be used as fodder. Most came back alive, but in a scarred and broken condition. Those that had nothing to come back to, were happy to become bikers and ride for their living, choosing the anti-societal lifestyle of crime to make a living and find acceptance.

JT looked at the map and the circles denoting new chapters marking out their territory. In two years, they had gone from a dot on the map, to having a presence from the north to the south of California, the western part of Nevada and a presence in two more states, Utah and Arizona. As many circles as they had, it always seemed other clubs were recruiting faster than they were. Every charter was trying to reach out further in the expansion, inviting possibles to meet with them and enjoy some hospitality and a peek at the possible future, showing off some of the wealth already accumulated.

The Sons of Anarchy were by no means one of the top motorcycle clubs in the country, but their presence was known and felt throughout. Bikers and wannabe's were lining up invitations for acceptance to start chapters, the club's performance making it something worth pursuing. JT sat with the other original members in Charming, looking at the empire they were creating and what it all meant. It was becoming a business empire, one with autonomy on one hand and steady cash flow in the other. The Cacuzza's had them out regularly for social visits and treated to numerous parties.

Despite appearances, the club and their look and attire were accepted with respect. Any hotel, or casino they went in, they were treated to V.I.P. status, many patrons wondering why they were entitled to it and minded their presence when they were around them. Regardless of the time of day, if any of the club wanted some sexual entertainment, it was only a phone call away and their choice of girl would be there within the hour or less.

On one of their trips up to Reno, before crossing over to go back to Charming, they came into town and saw a marquee announcing a headline act, that didn't interest them, but the back up was none other than Bobby Elvis. After finishing up club business, they all headed to the hotel and ate dinner, before going into the nightclub and catching the last of the comedian's act. They were ushered to their tables up front and took the attention away from the show. The comedian began making references to being upset and slighted the club for the interruption. Piney and Lenny got up and jumped on stage and picked the comedian up by his armpits. Lenny grabbed the mic out of his hands and told the audience, 'That concludes this asshole's performance. Stay tuned for Bobby Elvis folks,' then the two carried him offstage and out of sight. A few cries and screams let everyone know he received some punishment for saying what he did.

Bobby saw the club and went over to them and talked before the show. He shook everyone's hands and went back up on stage and began his act. He went through two encores, mostly at the club's insistence, but the audience truly enjoyed his act. After the show, Bobby came back out and talked to the club. By the end of the evening's performance, Charming had a new member aboard. Bobby loved riding and accounting just wasn't cutting it for him. Otto was totally in favour of giving up his Sec-Treas patch to him and cut it off at the table to prove it. Bobby called the waiter over and had all the drinks and food put on his tab. The rest of the night was a blur to them all, as over indulgence in everything led to melted minds of intoxication. Bobby's initiation was eventful to say the least.

Coming back to Charming, Greg came into the clubhouse and handed a letter to JT. He looked at it and knew immediately who it was from. Before the guys did anything, he had them gather around him, as he opened it. He read the first part quickly and smiled, then read out loud what was written on the single page. Clay was coming home and looking to get back with the club. He said nothing of Poppy, nor anything about his grandfather or grandmother. He said he had done what he came to do and now it was time to come home. What he never said, was the reason for his coming home. Command had heard enough of the brutality to innocents and it was making noise upstairs. Clay had five months left in his tour and he was serving it at the base camp, no more missions to partake in and no guns in his possession. He was for the most part, under house arrest for his actions, but his bravery and heroism stood in his favour to not confine him in a brig. Clay was a killer in the highest form. He had no emotion when he pulled the trigger, his targets always dropping from the need to kill, with as few bullets as possible.

Lenny now had six girls he controlled his prostitution business with and new girls were showing up frequently, to earn some money doing what they did for free already. The guys were always happy to vet the new prospects and that sorted out who was worth taking on as money makers and who would only make it to being a Croweater. The club had everything it needed and more, but one element was missing and only a couple were privy to enjoying it. Love of a woman wasn't something any of the single guys wanted anymore, not openly anyway.

They had taken a third of the time it took other clubs to achieve what they had. What worried JT and the top men, was if it would hold together and not fall apart at the seams. What they had held promise, but time and Fate would tell if the Sons of Anarchy had a life of longevity, or just a flash in the pan and fade into history like other clubs.

*

To my loyal readers, this concludes 3 seasons of Redwood Nine. I am holding off starting on season 4, until I receive word from Kurt Sutter and if he accepts my story as a basis for his planned prequel to the show. As of Tuesday, Jan.14, the first 3 seasons will be in his agent's hands and we'll see what happens.

Wish me luck and if it falls through, I'll continue posting the next season of Redwood Nine. Thank you each and every one for reading, commenting and scoring to show how much you've enjoyed it.

RJ Connors

12