All Comments on 'Reevaluating a Life and a Wife'

by TCct

Sort by:
  • 201 Comments (Page 2)
GoodhueGoodhueover 8 years ago
Texas : "The Land of Steers and Queers."

Actually, Chas. found the only solution possible when faced with an impossible situation.

Liked the ending with Bob,the P.I. recognizing the justice of Chas.'s solution and let him know that he knew who he really was,and accepted his solution. Nice icying on the cake by suggestioning the front company owning Chas.'s beloved country home relocate to where daughter Sarah was.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
5*

Quick fun.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Good flash story.

Short BTB. There are some holes, but it's very good for a short one. 5/5

nancyharpman17nancyharpman17about 8 years ago
Good Flash Story

I have no problem with rating this a 5-Star story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
just 1 error or possibly not

Unless Texas has changed their laws in the last 30 years, there is no alimony in a divorce there, just a divvy up of all property based on the earning potential of each respondent. He who contributed the most gets the lest.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Fun story

I enjoyed it. A familiar theme I like.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Tedious

Listening to some self-absorbed jagoff on a barstool rant about his woes is tedium defined.

This is a story? Ferchrissakes, this is so boring. I kept waiting for a zinger or two to pop up. Nothing. Crickets. Where is the interest? Nothing of human sympathies was ever communicated or developed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Good Story

I enjoyed it, IDK why people would put it down.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Not Too Bad

Seems kind of strange, though, that a PI would pull a Taser on a guy in a bar. In the bars I frequent if you were to shoot one of the regulars with a Taser 8 or 10 redneck

"good-old-boys" would be stomping you to a bloody pulp in way less than half a minute. I mean Tasers are cool, but you only get one shot. It do put you at a disad-

vantage in a crowd of half-drunk rednecks. And besides, if a man wants to be left alone, he should be allowed to be left the fuck alone. It should be a law.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
?

She broke right how does she afford a PI?

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
Enjoyed it

but really he got what he deserved for taking her back the first time. I think back to the 70's when my friends and I were all dating and marrying. I don't recall ANYONE taking a girl back after she so much as kissed another guy. Maybe I just ran with a bunch of hard asses. But I never even HEARD of such.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
What

If she lost everyting how can she afford the expense of a PI for three years at about $200.00 a day plus expenses.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Two things...

1. If she's so broke, how did she afford to hire Bob.?

2. In the very beginning Bob calls him Chris. But then Its Chas for the rest of the story. Chas is short for Charles

johnadpjohnadpalmost 6 years ago
Hard To Know What She Really Is Like Cause Chas Is a Piece Of Shit

The only perspective we have of Amy is Chas' perspective. But that has to be at least tainted cause if you believe his story then he is both a piece of shit, a coward and completely clueless. He is a piece of shit because he abandoned his daughter who didn't know if he was alive or dead for 16 months (before he first contacts her by email).

He is a coward because he doesn't find a way to deal with his daughter from the start, then he contacts her by email only (doesn't his daughter deserve more than that), doesn't deal with his employment properly, and how about his friends and family? He just takes off like a little boy without any connections or how what he does affects those connections. If he wants to leave and lead a new life, totally cool, but be a man and don't run away, but let everyone know so they're not thinking you died or went mental, and tie things down. He acted like a 5 year old.

Finally, he paints his wife in a totally bad light from the start of his relationship to the end. Well, first as noted above that is very suspect based on his character. But let's put aside that he is a piece of shit. How does any person stay married to someone like he painted for 24 years? It would imply that you're either completely clueless, or one of those males that has no awareness of women, or just a little piece of shit that let's someone abuse him for 24 years and lives with that. I have seen a wife or two treat their husbands disrespectively and honestly when I've looked into their cases the guys had it coming. They were completely clueless and in their own world and really had abandoned their wives. Their wives had built resentment over years if not decades till it finally spills out in a very unhealthy way.

So final analysis this guy is a piece of shit and clueless person who most likely would have been treated like shit eventually by any woman in his life. I have a feeling this is pretty close to the author's story because the other story I read on this site is very similar to this one (even down to the 24 year marriage and him escaping like a little coward).

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Johnapd

Is a hermaphrodite

VenustasVenustasalmost 6 years ago
Enjoyable read 5*

Surly he could only be charged Child Abandonment and as his daughter was 20 years old when he left and her college fees were paid that shouldn't apply, but couldn't it be claimed that Amy committed Constructive Abandonment?

I'm intrigued by CWW LLC and Rob's parting comment. Does CCW stand for Chas William Watkins and does Sarah work for them? Also what is Rob's connection with Sarah?

A further thought. An unqualified welder could easily be producing metal arts.

FYI LLC is similar to Ltd.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
johnadp....

I am truly impressed. I'm impressed that a person of your low intelligence could string that many words together into a coherent thought. Now... that thought was total bullshit and your ideas were like little turds rolling out of one big asshole but it was readable. I'm just surprised that any of it was understandable with your head so far up your ass. Nice try anyways.

neilnblowme2neilnblowme2over 5 years ago
well done

loved it

it was well written and thought out

INDIFFERENCE that is the key

leaving her without anything was truly magical

maybe you should write a sequel where he goes back and shows her more of his indifference .... lol

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchover 5 years ago
Good Story thanks.

Ignore the callow hand wringing apologists.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 5 years ago
Yeah

The cheating wife got what she deserves.

Nothing.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Great story

Very well handled BTB. He got away with most of his money intact. Left the wife with everything she wanted, and she couldn't keep it. Cheating partner got roughed up a little, and lost his family. Happily ever after for all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Short

A decent story,by I think it is cut short.There is more to come surely.Does he meet his daughter again,what if she wants to get married ,does he walk her down the aisle?.Also why not just walk up to his ex wife and say you got what you deserved.Finally where did his ex wife get the money to hire a private investigator and how did he find him and will her tell her?.

Mustang88LXMustang88LXover 5 years ago
He got what he deserved.

He married a heartless cheating Cunt! What did he expect. and stayed married to the cheating Cunt for 24 years. WTF! Pretty fucking stupid of him. No one to like in this mess.

SkubabillSkubabillabout 5 years ago
Another compelling story of

TCct is fast becoming a favorite author.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Love cheaters get caught punished

Johntwheels@aol burnt once went on OK but too forgiving forgetful and why not tell daughter not leave until death

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
The Deck Is Stacked And Guess Who's Dealin'?

This story capsizes before it's over. Despite the writer's overall skill the question begins to burn: Why in hell is this guy staying year after torturous year in this completely pathetic, terrible marriage? Is there any explanation for this? Ok, the child.

It must be horrible living as a kid with loveless, carping harpies. Just pull the plug forgodsakes! It's insufferable even listening to the short version of it.

One wants to be sympathetic but this dolt even knew of her cheating ways and he still marries her!!

Again, despite the writing talent, it was the glaring unanswered questions that threw too much water on the fire here. Had a more palpable passion for the woman been created for the husband then the story would have possibly worked for this reader.

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
More

TCct is really good at this writing thing. Some really good.stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Man

I really miss this author! If you are out there...please come back. Just read all your stories for the 3rd time. Thanks for the story.

"Buckeye Fan"

vickitvohiovickitvohioover 4 years ago
bravo

this was fabulous!

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 4 years ago
5*****

I read it again and it's still terrific. It's a good story, but it's the telling that really stands out.

Jhbrown27Jhbrown27over 4 years ago
Great story

Well written and well done. Took him a little too long to bail out. It was clearly over long ago.

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
One of your better caught cheaters punished cheaters

Only missing daughter ending gives hope

And getting on with life

Tiger27Tiger27over 4 years ago

Didn't have to slam on the breaks once while reading this.

Great story!

More please!

etchiboyetchiboyover 4 years ago
Perfect Short

No other comments.., none needed.

5-stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
5 Stars

I bet that Robbie wished He had a Glock instead of a taser ..

WargamerWargamerabout 4 years ago
Clever story

Loved it

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 4 years ago

Agree that this tale is pretty tedious. Repeated claims by Hubby that ‘I love her’ but little plausibility of that, since she never seems to back off or being a selfish bitch who is probably cheating much of the time!

Deserves a 3, hit 4 by mistake ... oh, well!

robroy93robroy93about 4 years ago
Another good one

Haven't read this author befor. He has some really good work about some seriously messed up bitches. Amy definitely fits that description. She loved his money and wants it back, but it's not happening.

ErotFanErotFanover 3 years ago
Second five star from me

Good story and good writing. I'm wondering whether there is a reconciliation story in you somewhere TC? Although, given your stories so far, I'm not holding my breath.

Your protagonist seems to actually have given up on the marriage at the financial split segment.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago

Reading again, enjoyed this story about another man who was not happy when his wife had a few innocent affairs.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 3 years ago
its a shame

that men have to do shit like that to survive.

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonover 3 years ago
Great story...

I've read it several times since it was submitted. Well done. Thanks for posting.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years ago

This really is one of my favorite stories on this site. I like everything about it and especially the way it's told.

jimjam69jimjam69over 3 years ago

Good stuff. Interesting tale well told.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great story

It has some fine meat in it.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 3 years ago
its a crying shame

that men have to say fuck it to keep from getting fucked by the courts

AbctoyAbctoyover 3 years ago
Good Read

One of the better I have read in a while

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Good job

Theme is old, but so is truth. Men have written laws, so men can rewrite them. Divorces that are caused by cheating now are more than 65% the wife cheating. Those laws are from a time when women had a hard time working and men did 90% of the cheating. The current "no fault" only serves to control and hurt men.

whateverittakeswhateverittakesover 3 years ago

Good story. At least he had the sense to get out while he was young enough to have a chance to appreciate life. Good that he always screwed her out of what she craved.

FifteenyearscotchFifteenyearscotchabout 3 years ago
He's the bigger asshole!

He took her back after she cheated while they were dating. HE DESERVES WHATEVER SHE DOES TO HIM AFTER THAT

gfrhgfrhabout 3 years ago
TX has both.

Texas has both no fault AND fault divorces just for the ability to affect the division of property and alimony. Google it. But, too late for this writer.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraalmost 3 years ago

A ridiculous premise based on "no fault" divorce. Texas is "no fault" only if BOTH parties agree to it. However, adultery filing is still allowed, and will achieve two things: reduce or eliminate spousal support (i.e. alimony); change the distribution of marital assets.

.

Check the law before it becomes a plot line!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

The author hasn't published anything in quite a few years. However, this story has some real life elements. Chas was working a job he hated. Working a job you hate will affect you mentally and emotionally and over time that builds into anger and depression and that will definitely affect relationships. It will also affect your view of life and your relationships so maybe Chas's view of his marriage wasn't what his marriage really was and his marriage was failing without him having the emotional ability to see it for what it was and that he was actually at fault and maybe pushing his wife away.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Partial stiry

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartalmost 3 years ago

Gave it a 4 as while it was enjoyable it ultimately felt like only a half story, it was begging for another chapter.

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

I enjoyed this story. A little out of the box

But this comment gave me a huge laugh "Check the law before it becomes a plot line!" And yet far more ludicrous and pathetic shit has passed his eyes that he gladly cheered on. Yeah.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 2 years ago

Pretty good tale.

Ocker53Ocker53over 2 years ago

I got to say I enjoyed it, when it started I thought anothe RAAC but it got better pretty quickly. I could see some people doing just this, just walk away⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

demanderdemanderover 2 years ago

The wife got some of what she deserved. D

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

5, but there is no fraud committed and abandonment is not a crime, so there is no basis for any sort of warrant.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 2 years ago

great story and the line about Sarah liking Wisconsin is perfect

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Enjoyed it would have liked to see a reunion with the daughter. 5*

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

0 stars and that is because he took her back the first time - he should not have married her. ONCE&DONE However, the rest of the story rated a 5.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I would love to hear the whore wife thoughts. A part 2 would be awesome

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Not good

kirei8kirei8about 2 years ago

Very good story, well written, very few grammar errors, good plot, and feel good ending. There probably is a short story sequel that could explain wifey's actions but it would be better if the daughter told it after reuniting with her long lost father and settling her own problems with him.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 2 years ago

This is what disappoints me most at this site. This gifted and original writer gave us 8 stories in 2 years and then disappeared. I hope they're well and I wish they'd give us another story like this.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Another 'real man' running away from his wife and abandoning his daughter. Macho bullshit.

LA

Helen1899Helen1899almost 2 years ago

Just words got it spot on why do we lose so many great authors.

bookmadcatbookmadcatalmost 2 years ago

I agree with Helen1899, how many are lost to this site because Anonymous can't tell the difference between Fact and Fiction and hides his/her ignorance behind negative comments about authors and their stories

CHUCK2468CHUCK2468almost 2 years ago

So she lied and cheated before they were married and yet he's surprised that she cheated when they were? You've wrote your MC as a moron. 2* because you wrote him as an idiot.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Very good story, thanks, TCct, for sharing it. It seems to me that with no-fault divorce so prevalent now that the aggrieved person in a failing marriage may be better off just walking away. But I would think you’d want to walk a little further than Chaz did. And watch out for guys with tasers. On another note, anyone who shoots me with a taser should pray I die, because if I ever see him again it will get ugly…

I promise.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wait, where does she get the money for the PI's $300/day plus expenses?

inka2222inka2222over 1 year ago

4 stars. 1 dinged because while it's a good BTB but I absolutely hate the whole "I won't tell my child that the reason I left her slut mother is for cheating" BS. No sane person would do that, if the child is of any reasonable age. It's a contrived literary device that serves no purpose except making story protagonist suffer and makes the stories worse.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I have a family member who is, without a doubt, a "card carrying narcissist" exactly like the bitch in this story. You described the narcissist quite well. The only way to deal with a narcissist is to cut them out of your life.

SeafoamzoneSeafoamzoneover 1 year ago

Just found this author and really enjoying his work, wish he was still around.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Really generous 2 stars.

Don't have any respect for any man who lets sex get to every two weeks let alone twice a year. Exception being a serious health issue. Kids no excuse. We had six and still at least once a week. Usually more. Sex is physical relationship of love between spouses. No sex where is the love?! Run off little man and don't disgrace the rest of us anymore!!!

vickitvohiovickitvohioover 1 year ago

REALLY?!?

Anonymous2 days ago

Really generous 2 stars.

Don't have any respect for any man who lets sex get to every two weeks let alone twice a year.

I have no respect for anyone that won't put an actual name to their whiney complaints

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

i like to think that i was lucky to have been married to a good wife for 47 years ,but these things happen all the time .loved the story and a fitting end to it 5stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Interesting perspective. I don't get the abandoning a relationship with his daughter. Even if she is an adult. I also don't get the hiding the truth from the daughter about why he left. To spare his cheating wife?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Except Texas is NOT a "no-fault divorce" state unless BOTH parties agree to it. Otherwise, there is at-fault adultery, with infidelity being one of them. A simple web-search should be a tool any writer uses, be he/she a serious, hobby or hack scribe.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

5 stars for understanding the narcissist!

I have experience two female narcissists in my family My mother and sister are, without question, true narcissists. They're both walking talking paths of destruction with seething contempt for those they cannot manipulate to do their bidding the way they want them to.

This story describes the narcissist quite well. Once you understand the narcissist the only way to deal with them is to cut them out of your life completely. They are not capable of suddenly understanding logic, reason or the fact that other peoples opinions have validity. Guilt and compassion are also things the narcissist in incapable of ever having.

Bill669JBill669Jover 1 year ago

What a pussy. This little bitch is so fucking immature that he takes his secret account and runs away. Boo hoo hoo. All he did was abandon and fuck over his daughter. A real man cleans up his messes even when he doesn’t cause them. I hope his daughter writes him off. This guys toxic. Just a little boy hiding behind a pseudo-macho facade. Pretty sad

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

What a man. This big bastard is so fucking cool that he takes his secret account and leaves the cunt. Boo hoo hoo the cunt ran out of money and needs an adult to take care of her again. A real man like him did what was best for him and won. His daughter will forgive him and hate her mother for destroying the family. The shithead ex wife is toxic. Hes a real man that is prepared to move on with life. Pretty Amazing

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I agree with anonymous from 10 months ago, in that I too got lucky with a loving wife for over 43 years now. I don't know, maybe they were built better or smarter then. Mine sure is.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

The MC is wrong if he believes he is "winning." He lives an isolated life on the run, has no significant contact with his daughter and spends no time at the homeplace that brings him comfort. That's too high a price to pay in order to simply make his estranged slutwife miserable. Have the shark attorney approach her about a divorce settlement now. Show her the evidence the PI gathered and tell her the only way to avoid the distribution of that material is a divorce on terms very favorable to the MC. If she refuses to cooperate, she gets humiliation, no husband and no money. If she cooperates, she still gets no husband but keeps what's left of her dignity and gets a small one time cash infusion. Should be over in a few months.

RimmerdalRimmerdal9 months ago

Could have been good.

Alvares1414Alvares14148 months ago

I agree with Rimmerdal. COULD HAVE been good. Shame it was such a mess

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Dat a goda story now eh dontch tink eh.

kingcrimson1548kingcrimson15487 months ago

Like the story, and a Racine WI reference, well let’s just say that hit home.😉

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

The Names may have changed but the story is one I heard before but in the other one it did have a ending so why not this Story? By the way in the other the daughter needed a Bone marrow transplant .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Good story!

BabyBunny2222BabyBunny2222about 1 month ago

Excellent - very clever.

AnonymousAnonymous22 days ago

Story flowed well.

He did have knowlege she was likely cheating even before they got married seemingly so he wise up pretty late.

AnonymousAnonymous21 days ago

Ace in the hole!

AnonymousAnonymous4 days ago

Absolutely loved Chas err, Bill's rational and thoughts about his marriage and the woman he married. It would have been nice to hear about a father/daughter reunion.

EastCoaster1EastCoaster12 days ago

Four stars... if another part has the reunion with his daughter, that would probably get five.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous