Regaining My Life Ch. 03

Story Info
Zoë comes over for dinner.
7.2k words
4.84
7.6k
6

Part 4 of the 7 part series

Updated 06/19/2023
Created 07/19/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Regaining My Life

Chapter 3 -- The Dinner Date

Summary: Zoë comes over for dinner.

A note to the reader, this is my third submission on Literotica. Thank you to SissyKaty, Lelo210, and s0reth0at for their review and editing work. This was originally a one-off story, but I have extended the story for several chapters. All characters and situations are complete fiction, a product of my fertile imagination. Any similarity to actual people and situations is purely a coincidence. I hope my story reflects the human condition, our daily struggle to live meaningful, happy lives. My characters are flawed, just like you and me. All constructive criticism is welcome.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

The heat and humidity finally broke on Thursday. A cold front with summer thunderstorms passed through overnight. There was just a touch of autumn in the air. I spent the morning preparing for the coming semester, then had a nice garden salad for lunch. It was about 12:30 when I headed out. I planned to put a second coat of red paint on the section of the barn I had repaired earlier that month. I was stirring the paint at my workbench, when Chris drove her car into the barn.

"Do you mind if I close the door?"

"No, go ahead."

She ran around and closed the door. Then she came over to me. I stopped stirring and turned to her.

Chris asked, "Is hugging allowed?"

I held out my arms, "You've been hugging me for years. Of course."

Chris skipped into my arms. She was wearing modest jeans and a professional looking blouse. She squeezed me tight, her breasts pressing into my chest. My arms around her back returned the pressure, my hands pressing into the clasps of her bra. She had returned to her modest self.

I kissed the top of her head as I was accustomed to doing. She looked up and took my face in both hands and very lightly kissed my lips. She sighed and returned her head to my chest.

She said, "Thank you for being my friend and putting up with me."

"I will gladly put up with you till my dying day."

"I gotta tell you I'm getting worried about some of the thoughts I've been having. Scary thoughts. My spirit is being crushed by a great, dark weight. To tell you the truth, coming to see you today is the only thing that got me out of bed this morning."

I kissed the top of her head again, "Christina, I think you need to talk someone. I'll give you the name of the therapist I worked with. She's expensive, but worth it. Our health insurance covers 80%. I've talked to her a lot over the past two years."

She nodded, and then broke the hug, "So, what are we working on today?"

"Painting a spot on the back of the barn."

"Let me go get changed." She went over and pulled a reusable grocery bag out of the back seat of her car. "Be back in a jiff." She took off running through the side door of the barn.

I poured the paint into two smaller buckets, got out two brushes, and two step ladders. I took them around to the back and set them down. By the time I had set up, Chris jogged up. She wasn't even out of breath. She was wearing a white 'Property of My Cat' t-shirt. A pair of well-worn jeans accentuated her hips.

I said, "Here's the section we're painting. It's already got one coat."

"Sounds good." She placed a ladder on the right side and got to work.

Not looking at me she asked in a sing-song voice, "So how was your hike?"

I mimicked her, "I'm sure you know."

"Yes, I do, but I would like to hear about it from you."

"Zoë and I had a nice hike."

"And?"

"She embraced her inner wood nymph. She is stunningly beautiful."

Chris said, "I know, but she doesn't think so."

"We went swimming and had a nice lunch."

"And made love under the maples by the pond."

"Chris, do you know how awkward this is? Telling a woman I love dearly that I had sex with her best friend?"

"That I encouraged by the way. I think it's good for you. I think it's good for both of you. Like that Marvin Gaye song." She sang, "Sexual healing is something that's good for me."

"Sign her up for karaoke night."

Chris said, "Not on your life. I love you both so much. I really think she should be your friend with benefits."

"As opposed to a friend with shower benefits?"

"Sort of, but not. I saw you have a road bike in the barn. Is it rideable?"

"I can give it a tune up. What do you have in mind?"

"I need to start running again. You could pedal alongside me. Carry my water bottle."

"Like a domestique at the Tour de France?"

"Yes. Exactly. Would you do that?"

"OK. I'll look at it tomorrow, give it a tune up. I'll be ready by tomorrow afternoon if you want to run then."

The spot we were painting was on the shady, north side of the barn. Neither of us broke a sweat.

Chris said, "I'm thirsty. Do you have any water down here?"

"There a bottle in on the workbench."

"Want some too?"

"Sure."

Chris went in and returned with the bottle, holding it up to me. She had spilt some strategically on her t-shirt so that her nipples were clearly visible through her t-shirt.

She said, "Had a hole in my chin."

"Are you going to torment me like this every day?"

"Maybe not every day, but as often as possible." She returned to painting. "So, tell me about your picnic."

"Zoë had some nice sandwiches, some cut up carrots and celery, some mixed nuts. Really good."

"And then?"

"Chris, I'm not going to kiss and tell."

"Why not? Zoë did."

"And what did she report?"

"She told me about giving you a blow job. Exquisite detail. I could see your penis clearly in my mind's eye. Then she told me how she rode you cowgirl style. By the way, she didn't know that was a term. She told me about how she figured out how to get maximum penetration and how she made you cum. It sounds like you didn't get a chance to get her going though."

"No. She didn't give me a chance. I really wanted to taste her and smell her."

"I figured that. I didn't let on that you enjoy that."

"She's coming over for dinner this weekend. Maybe I can bring her some pleasure then."

Chris ran her fingers across her lips like a zipper. Her shirt had dried, but I could tell she was braless. Her natural breasts were so beautiful in the tight t-shirt.

I am a firm believer in the "Free the Nipple" campaign. Not because I enjoy the sight of a braless woman. OK, I do enjoy the sight of a braless woman. Nevertheless, natural breasts without the armor plating of a bra are so much more attractive. For the most part, the world would be a much better place without bras.

We wrapped up the painting and put everything away.

She asked, "What do you do with the brushes?"

"Soap and water clean-up in the mudroom."

We started walking toward the house. Chris took my hand. I held the door when we got to the house, and she led me in. I moved to the sink and started running the water.

"Here move over." She nudged me with her hip.

I added some cold to lower the temperature. I squirted some dish detergent on my brush then hers.

"You just rub out the paint and keep rinsing a lot. Add detergent as necessary. Rub, rinse, rub, rinse. Not exactly compelling work."

Standing shoulder to shoulder, we worked on cleaning the brushes and somehow, she managed to get her shirt wet again, her nipples erect on the white fabric. The alarm on her phone in her pocket went off. "Half past, time to clean up to get John."

Chris moved over to the laundry basket and peeled off her shirt, exposing her breasts to me. My cock immediately started stiffening.

"You really enjoy tormenting me, don't you?"

She smiled her naughty smile. I stopped the cleaning so I could watch her. She became more seductive with the attention. She kicked off the old sneakers she wore, and then removed her socks. She turned around and wiggled her ass at me. I was getting a personal strip tease. She turned around again, facing me, her eyes locked onto mine. She undid her fly and slowly moved her jeans over her hips. Her delta of Venus appeared, and she allowed the jeans to drop to the floor. She stepped out of them, then turned around, spread her legs slightly, and reached to pick up her clothes; a classic stripper move. The view from behind of Chris was sensational; it had an immediate effect on my cock. She came over to me and placed her hand on the front of my straining jeans.

"I'm sorry I do this to you."

"No, you're not."

She smiled impishly, "No, I'm not."

She moved to the door and said, "I have to take a shower. Don't come up."

I finished with the paint brushes and hung them to dry. I thought, 'Two can play this game'.

I took off my shoes, moved quietly up the stairs to my bedroom, and stripped. I could hear the shower going. I pulled on my cock to keep it at maximum hardness. The bathroom door was open and I stood just outside. I could see her hands occasionally above the shower curtain. The shower stopped and she stepped out onto the bathmat and was toweling off.

I walked in, my cock fully erect, "My turn."

She was surprised and then smiled. I stood next to her, then leaned in and turned on the water. She reached out and grabbed the shaft of my cock.

I said, "We're not supposed to be lovers remember?"

She gave me a couple of strokes, "You're right. That's the rule."

I climbed in, closed the curtain, and finished stroking myself off. I noticed that I when I came, I was starting to shoot a bit rather than dribble. Maybe my pelvic muscles were strengthening. I quickly washed and rinsed myself off. I turned off the water and opened the curtain. Chris was standing there, fully dressed in her original outfit.

She said, "Would friends with shower benefits be the same as being lovers?"

"I suppose if we controlled ourselves, it wouldn't be."

"Kiss me. I gotta go." I leaned over, she kissed me with an open mouth, her tongue touching mine, and grabbed my cock.

She said, "Let me think about it."

_ _ _ _ _

Later, Zoë called and said Friday would be a nice evening for dinner. I asked if there was anything she couldn't eat and she said she avoided anything spicy; it wasn't good for her stomach. I called Chris for dinner advice, and she said that Zoë eats anything, but she ate like a bird. Small portions would be smart.

The next day, Friday, I tuned up my bicycle. I was surprised I didn't get a visit from Chris. I did laundry, setting up a drawer in the bedroom for her work clothes. I also tidied up around the house, dusted and vacuumed. It wasn't that I was a neat freak, but I wanted Zoë to see my farmhouse at its best.

The dinner plan was a basil, mozzarella chicken dish that I had invented for Roz. I hadn't made it for at least five years. I was growing fond of Zoë. While a romantic dinner did not fit into the profile of a friend with benefits, I wanted to let her know that I treasured her friendship. For me, making the chicken dish for Zoë felt like a unique gift I could give her. I was unwrapping a piece of my past and presenting it anew.

I had fresh zucchini, tomatoes, lettuce greens, green beans, oregano, parsley, and basil from the garden. I also picked a quart of late season raspberries from my bushes. On the way into town, I was inspired to stop by the hardware store and have two extra house keys made. I stopped by the liquor store and selected a nice Napa Valley chardonnay.

Zoë was due at six, so I showered and shaved extra close at four. Figuring commando was best, I put on a pair of Dockers and a dress shirt. By quarter to six, I had the dinner all prepared and the table set. I made sure that the portions were small so that she wouldn't feel bad if she left something on her plate. It was still light outside, but I decided to light the candles anyway. I hoped they would create the kind of atmosphere that I was looking for. I got out my good china and set the dining room table according to Emily Post's etiquette guidance. Everything was prepared, all I had to do was serve the meal.

Zoë appeared at my mudroom door at five to six. She was going to knock, but she saw me coming and smiled. I opened the door and she stepped in.

Normally Zoë's hair was straight, but this evening it had a bit of curl and wave to it. Her dress was a pastel green. It reminded me of a dress from Greek mythology. It came up and fastened behind her neck leaving her shoulders, back, and arms bare. The neckline plunged to a little gold band that encircled her waist. While the dress was daring, it didn't expose anything. The hem was below her knee, and she wore matching flats.

She immediately put her arms around my neck, "Hey."

I put my hands on the small of her bare back, as she went on her tiptoes, closed her eyes, and gently kissed me. She hung her small purse on a coat hook by the door.

"Zoë you are simply mesmerizing this evening."

"Thanks. Chris helped me get ready."

"Well, thank you for taking the time to be such an enchanting dinner date."

I offered her my arm, "Please come in my dear. I have a very nice dinner prepared."

I escorted her to the dining room.

She said, "Oh, this is so nice."

I held out the chair for her and she sat down. I went into the kitchen and brought out the bottle of wine, then returned for the salad. "What type of dressing would you like, my dear?"

"Do you have ranch?"

I nodded. I retrieved two bottles of dressing: ranch and creamy Italian. I sat down and poured a little wine in each of our glasses. I wanted us both stone cold sober, but the wine went well with dinner.

"This is a beautiful salad, Quinn."

"It's all from my garden."

"You are quite the gentleman farmer, aren't you?"

"It keeps me out of the bars."

She smiled. We finished our salads without any conversation. I didn't know if she was being bashful or was just naturally quiet, but she just looked at me and smiled a lot. I cleared away the salad bowls.

In the kitchen I plated the chicken, roasted zucchini, and green beans. I put a little garnish of parsley on the side. I put the plate in front of her from the side as a waiter would do, and then set a basket of dinner rolls in the center. I set my plate down and sat.

"Oh Quinn, this looks wonderful."

"It's my own recipe that I invented for Roz many years ago. I wanted to make you something special."

"Not only a gentleman farmer, but a chef!"

"I hope you enjoy it, my dear."

She placed her hand on my arm, "Do you have any idea how sweet this is?"

She was smiling intensely as a tear rolled down her cheek.

"What the matter?"

"Quinn, this is one of the most thoughtful things anyone has done for me. I feel like royalty. You are treating me like a princess."

I put on my fake British accent, "Only the finest for her majesty."

She squeezed my forearm, "Thank you."

"You are most welcome."

Zoë cut a small bite off the chicken and placed it in her mouth. Her eyes went wide.

She chewed and swallowed, "Oh Quinn, this is so good."

"I'm glad you like it."

She took a bite of zucchini, "Oh, this is good too. What did you do to it?"

"Not a lot. Some quality Spanish olive oil, a sprinkling of crushed fresh basil and oregano. About 20 minutes on each side on the grill. The beans are only steamed with melted butter."

"Well, it is so good."

Trying to keep the conversation going I asked, "So what have you been up to since I saw you last?"

"Mostly I have been trying to get used to having a five-year-old in my house. I am definitely not cut out for motherhood. I don't know how Chris or any other mother does it. Jackie goes non-stop and then he crashes. I know, I'm supposed to call him John, but a name is a hard habit to break."

"My grandkids do the same to me."

"How old are they?"

"Seven, five, and three. I love them dearly, but they are exhausting."

We had a very nice conversation on how to deal with little kids.

Zoë ate most of her meal, then looked a little sheepish, "Quinn, please don't think I didn't love this, I've just had some intestinal issues recently and I don't want to press my luck."

"That is quite all right, my dear."

I removed our plates. In the kitchen I placed the raspberries into small bowls with a dollop of freshly whipped cream on top.

I placed the bowl in front of her, "Fresh berries and cream for her majesty."

"Oh, I love raspberries."

"I picked these this afternoon."

She took a dainty bite, "Oh, those are so sweet. I didn't know you had berry bushes."

"Blueberries too, but they're out of season now."

"Quinn, you are just more and more impressive each moment. Lean over here, I need to kiss you."

I leaned over and she softly placed her lips on mine. She opened her mouth, and I touched her tongue.

Zoë leaned back with her eyes closed.

She opened them slowly and said, "That may be the nicest part of this entire dinner."

I took my wine glass, "May I make a toast, my dear?"

She picked up her glass and smiled.

"Here's to a stunningly beautiful dinner companion and a treasured friend."

We clinked glasses and took a sip.

Zoë said, "If I may." She looked into my eyes, "Here's to the kindest, sweetest, and sexiest date a girl could ever have."

We clinked glasses again. I finished my berries and cream first and just looked at Zoë. I could feel a wide grin on my face.

She looked at me and said, "What?"

"This makes me very happy. Making you a nice dinner, spending some quality time with you. I can't remember when the last time I had such a delightful evening."

Zoë blushed and put her hand on my arm again, "You're the best."

_ _ _ _ _

We finished dinner. I put the leftovers in the fridge and left the dishes for later. We went into my living room. I turned on the end table lamps as the daylight was fading. I sat down on the couch. I expected Zoë to sit next to me with her back to the couch. Instead, she hiked up her dress and sat down next to me, but cross-legged facing me. The dress still covered her legs. She took my hand and held it in her lap. She looked serious and I could feel a serious conversation coming on.

Zoë began, "Yesterday, I went on a really long hike. I did a lot of thinking."

I opened my mouth to say something, but she placed her finger on my lips. "You'll get to talk Quinn, but you've got to let me say this. If you interrupt me, I'll lose my train of thought."

I nodded.

Zoë took a deep breath. "First, what you said in your toast goes for me too. I absolutely treasure your friendship. You are the sweetest and dearest man I know. I don't ever want to do anything that will hurt us or hurt you. You are such a dear, sweet man. I just said that." She laughed at herself, then took another breath. "The other day was magical. I have had sex with three men before you, but I don't think I would say that I made love to any of them. Wednesday was the first time I made love. It was so special."

I started to say something, and she said, "Wait. There's more."

She took a deep breath and she seemed to struggle to find the words, "I love you Quinn McMullen more than you will ever know. Even though you probably love me too, I know your heart belongs to Chris. You can't deny this. I've seen the way you have looked at her ever since she came here. Your conversations look like your hearts are joined through your eyes."

She wiped her eyes, her voice started to break a little, "Quinn, I am so cool with that. When we were talking about being married the other day and you talked about finding the right person, I knew I could never be that person for you. I think Chris is that person. Chris and I talked about it for hours after Jackie went to bed last night."

She took another deep breath, "Wait there's more."

Another deep breath and Zoë continued, "I really like Chris' idea of a friend with benefits. Neither one of us are in a real relationship, but we can care for one another. I care for you so deeply. We can give each other pleasure. We can be so good for one another."

12